Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RAM-Reduction & Backup Center Testing (version 0.89.99.16)  (Read 41219 times)
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:56:01 AM

This works on Win Vista 32-bit.

It also seems to be working on XP now.   Smiley

Thanks for testing guys. Need a few more tests plz, Win7+ as well =)

japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 12:52:34 PM

This works on Win Vista 32-bit.

It also seems to be working on XP now.   Smiley

Thanks for testing guys. Need a few more tests plz, Win7+ as well =)

And we have a winner! Armory now runs on my XP system also! Thanks Goatpig! Here I come cold wallets!

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 04:07:08 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 07:12:33 PM by RoadStress

Nobody else having the issue that i have? I even reinstalled and still the same problem.

goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:33:04 PM

Nobody else having the issue that i have? I even reinstalled and still the same problem.

Reinstalled bitcoind or Armory? OS?

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:35:14 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2013, 10:01:11 PM by RoadStress

Reinstalled bitcoind or Armory? OS?

Reinstalled Armory. OS: Win7 64bit.

Edit: I ran it with default settings(meaning that i'm running the bitcoin-qt client) seems to work just fine

I was wrong. I see that i am connected but 0 blocks.

Where can i find an earlier version? 0.89.99.8 was just much better for me Smiley

Edit: Forgot OS!

Second Edit: Ok now final version works ok if i run bitcoin-qt client! Finally!

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 07:52:47 PM

This might add some complexity to the release process, but can you start bundling bitcoind with the OSX version of Armory, since they don't have any other way of getting a precompiled version?
Zomdifros

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 09:21:10 PM

Armory works great for me on Windows 7 64-bit. I did encounter a nuisance though: If Bitcoin-QT isn't installed in the C:\Program Files\, Armory had trouble locating it. I tried to give the correct location in settings, though that didn't seem to work. I also found it difficult to remove the blockchain from my C drive as Armory keeps it's own copy there (which is a problem when working from an SSD with limited space). The solution was to open command prompt and make symbolic links for both Armory and Bitcoin, though it would have been easier if this could be done from settings.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2013, 09:29:55 PM

Armory works great for me on Windows 7 64-bit. I did encounter a nuisance though: If Bitcoin-QT isn't installed in the C:\Program Files\, Armory had trouble locating it. I tried to give the correct location in settings, though that didn't seem to work. I also found it difficult to remove the blockchain from my C drive as Armory keeps it's own copy there (which is a problem when working from an SSD with limited space). The solution was to open command prompt and make symbolic links for both Armory and Bitcoin, though it would have been easier if this could be done from settings.

Since Armory doesn't save any registry settings, there's not a good way to signal to it that you want to change your --datadir.   If you move your --datadir, there's no way for Armory to know where it is when you start it.   The only way to do it is really to modify the shortcut as you did.  Technically, all other options could be put in a armory.conf file in the Armory --datadir, but haven't gotten to that yet.  Similarly, I could just write a registry setting for Windows.  Meh.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 05:26:45 AM

Windows User, Vista and above only:

This build attempts to fix start up issues in Win Vista+. It implements some rather big changes in how the exe is produced, so please, Win7 and 8 users, try it as well.

Note: as usual, this my build (goatpig's), not etotheipi's. This is ran at your own risk. You only need to run Armory in offline mode to confirm the compatibility of the exe.

http://dfiles.eu/files/hff8gkt3b

WinXP Users:

http://dfiles.eu/files/maerajlp1

This one seems to be working on my production XP computer. It runs. Version 0.89.99.8-beta according to the about page.

I will test again on my other bare-bones XP laptop.

Now, all I need is to wait for importing and using compressed private keys.

cp1

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:22:25 AM

You can change your shortcut to point to your blockchain and where you want the database to be kept:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Armory-testing\ArmoryQt.exe" --satoshi-datadir=I:\bitcoin --datadir=I:\armory

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
els

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 06:50:59 AM

Windows User, Vista and above only:

This build attempts to fix start up issues in Win Vista+. It implements some rather big changes in how the exe is produced, so please, Win7 and 8 users, try it as well.

Note: as usual, this my build (goatpig's), not etotheipi's. This is ran at your own risk. You only need to run Armory in offline mode to confirm the compatibility of the exe.

http://dfiles.eu/files/hff8gkt3b

WinXP Users:

http://dfiles.eu/files/maerajlp1

This one seems to be working on my production XP computer. It runs. Version 0.89.99.8-beta according to the about page.

I will test again on my other bare-bones XP laptop.

Now, all I need is to wait for importing and using compressed private keys.

runs fine for me on win xp 32-bit and a very vanilla win 7.  both are syncing/building db.  will report if anything comes up, but looks great!!
goatpig
Legendary

Armory Developer

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:30:13 PM

Thanks for the testing guys =) Keep it up =P

itsgoldbaby

Activity: 157

Hello!

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:21:05 PM

Thanks for the testing guys =) Keep it up =P
I just got around to trying out your Win XP build and it works! Thanks for your hard work mate. Smiley
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:23:12 PM

im getting stuck @ 77% scanning transaction history....
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 07:15:07 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 09:04:35 PM by etotheipi

Please help me find the disappearing-tx bug!  
I'll give 0.2 BTC to someone who finds the pattern!

I need your help with this one!  I'm going insane trying to figure out the pattern behind this bug.  90% of my tx go through fine.  It seems to only happen when I'm not paying attention.  

Symptoms:

(1) Transaction is created and broadcast
(2) Tx shows up in ledger/history with zero-confirmations, wallet balance is reduced
(3) As soon as the tx is included in a block, the tx disappears completely.  Wallet balance returns to previous value, as if the tx never happened
(4) Restarting Armory doesn't help.  The only way to fix/find it is to do a rescan ("Help"->"Rescan Databases").

What I know about this bug:

(1) I'm fairly certain that the bug only occurs when the transaction has no outputs to any of your wallets.  Every time I've triggered it, has been with a tx that has a single output to an external address (i.e. the target address is not in any of your wallets, and there is no change output).  I suspect the number of inputs doesn't matter, but I think I've only seen it when there was a single input as well.

(2) I think it might be related to freshness of outputs: it may only happen when you are spending outputs that were just received a few confirmations ago.  And I think only without a restart between receiving and spending.

(3) It definitely happened before on a run where I did a rescan.  It may have to do with fresh-rescan-on-load vs read-stored-histories-from-last-load (but I'm somewhat certain this is not a requirement to trigger the bug).

(4) The fee does not appear to matter (seen it with

In order to test this, knowing that you need perfect-sized inputs, you'll need to use coin-control.  Deselect all but one address in the coin-control window, then use the "MAX" button to send the entire input to an external address not part of any of your wallets.  When the tx is in your ledger, you can double click on it to verify that there is only a single output and a blank in the "Wallet ID" column.

This is the last major bug that needs to be fixed before I can do a release.   Once I find a pattern and can reproduce it reliably, I can debug it and verify it's fixed.  Right now I can't reproduce or verify.  Tell me the pattern and you get 0.1 BTC!

P.S. if you want to run Armory on testnet, see the instructions here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341252.0

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:47:04 PM

Re: (2) I think it might be related to freshness of outputs: it may only happen when you are spending outputs that were just received a few confirmations ago.  And I think only without a restart between receiving and spending.

When I was able to reproduce it all of the outputs that I was working with were old.

Also, I reproduced the bug, on the first try, but then I had trouble making it happen again.
etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 11:42:56 PM

POSTED SIGNED INSTALLERS:

https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/

Since the installers are now posted on the official website, I decided I should go through the effort of offline-signing everything, even though it's not the final release.    You can download the SHA256 hashes file here (now with a note to reduce confusion about which hash function to use):

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bitcoinarmory-releases/armory_sha256sum_hashes_0.89.99.14.txt.asc

Note that the .deb files changed hashes since yesterday, because I took the liberty to GPG-sign (using dpkg-sig) the .deb files.  You can use "dpkg-sig --verify *.deb" to check them.  If the signature is good, you don't need to mess with the hashes file.

etotheipi (OP)
Legendary

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 06:48:06 AM

Please help me find the disappearing-tx bug!  
I'll give 0.2 BTC to someone who finds the pattern!

I need your help with this one!  I'm going insane trying to figure out the pattern behind this bug.  90% of my tx go through fine.  It seems to only happen when I'm not paying attention.  

FOUND!  Bounty off.

Sadly, I actually found this bug yesterday, but thought that its behavior would occur 100% of the time I did some specific behavior.  When I tested and it didn't happen, I assumed that wasn't actually a bug (or the bug).  It turns out that was it after all, but it only triggers under very specific, infrequent conditions.  Frustrating! 

Also, CircusPeanut fixed the restore-backup entry fields misbehaving (putting the cursor in the middle of the input mask fields, instead of at the beginning).  That should remove some extra confusion (a lot of people got really tripped up by that!).

Will be attending to some of the things found in the bug-bounty thread and then will release a final testing version before the official 0.90-beta release.  There are still problems with the release, but at some point I have to just release it.  And this version has more than enough usability to replace 0.88.1 on the website.  Exciting!

xephyr

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:32:56 AM

I've been very pleased with 88.1 - no reason to update really - but got curious about the 0.89.99.14-testing version so downloaded it tonite to give it a spin. Wow this new version is fast - once installed with an up to date blockchain it took less than a minute to start up. And RAM used is minimal. Color me impressed:)

pvz

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 06:28:05 AM

Ubuntu 10.4 LTS support.
Installing armory_0.89.99.12-testing_i386.deb gives dependency error: libstdc++6 >= 4.6
On 10.4 LTS the most recent available is 4.4.3
Maybe more dependencies will give this error, but no tools available on this offline machine.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: