Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
pehatas

Activity: 145
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 10:16:53 PM

I believe that this figure is greatly exaggerated and in fact, if you carefully analyze ICO projects, this figure is reduced to less than 10%. Everywhere there is a lot of deceit, but you need to be smarter.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NOTARIUS_BTC

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:41:19 PM

No. I know a lot of ICO through which my friends make a profit. There are also fraudulent, but it can be leveled qualitatively by choosing an ICO.

❍  buglab ❍
████  Cybersecurity Penetration Testing ████   
on the Ethereum Blockchain
Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

Don't ever think that when you get hit by a scam then say that 90% of ICOs are scams, if you don't have complete and clear data then you just accuse, make ICO as a good future investment, and of course choose ICO which prospects are things that important.
liveyourlife

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:52:06 AM

I think not, just what is missing to implement the idea, a weak team, various errors and therefore, the failure feels like it's cheating.
edongzkitetet

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 10:52:41 PM

Yes, I think it is a fraud and an attempt to devalue or denigrate the importance and prestige of the cryptocurrency market as a whole.
JackdunR

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:15:26 PM

I think no more than 90% of the ICOs are fraudulent, I think about 80% are fraudulent, as there are so many scams today, I think we are very careful when investing in ico.
Faraha_JJJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:32:02 PM

Agree with your point, I would say 50% of the ICO don't have any real usage in world, they just raise money to make some useless product. One has to be careful while investing the money on ICO.
littlestar92

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:32:05 PM

Yes . However, if we know how to select good projects, it will be more profitable in the future. But to choose good projects and investments is very difficult.
nurbay

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:52:26 AM

I think, not 90% of ICO are scams.
There are still many honest and attained ICOs and are said to be successful in creating coins that have good concepts and sell in the market.
I think there must be a policy that regulates the suppression of the spread of ICO that is the scam, this is a step that must be strengthened because if there are still many scams in the ICO project then the ICO will be destroyed because of the lack of investors.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:40:30 AM

Recently some surveys mentioned 80% of the ICO are scams because they are launching because in order to cheat investors without any actual developments. So we have to be very careful while investing in the ICO's if they start developing many companies will follow them but they are cheating the community.
Signmd

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 04:15:46 AM

I totally agree that 90% of ICO is fraud and collecting money! Many ICOs do not have a good idea and team. If you want to invest in ICO, then you need to carefully study this project. Now there is a lot of ICO in the market and only 10% real!

🗣 Упpaвляeмый гoлocoм Ai Topгoвый пoмoщник 👨💻 Meнeджep пopтфoлиo
📊 Aнaлитикa ✦ AiBB ✦ Crypto ID 🔐
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • https://aibb.io • ▬▬▬
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:41:39 AM

I think only 30% of all ICO is going on and that's not all a scam. there are indeed those who don't get soft caps
some experience regulatory difficulties in their country.
if the price in the market is very far from ico because the BTC and ETH conditions are not stable

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 05:49:05 AM

Many of the ICOS are just startups that are trying to raise capital but on the blockchain in a decentralized manner. The only thing though is we have had a lot of scams of late like Bidium, mostly these are web developer who just put up a website and try to raise funds and then disappear. A lot of these scammers have come form other online scammy places, like revshares, cyclers and hyips. So now they want to cash in on Bitcoin and they create websites to scam us now. Worst part is most of the scams are coming out of Asia, which makes me feel ashamed as I am Chinese. It gives us Asians a bad name. Same with the bounty cheaters, most I have found so far are from Vietnam, again a real shame because Vietnam is a beautiful country!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
1DC

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 05:59:25 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

Based on my experience , I gotta say that most of the ico's are scam but it's not like 90% , I think that percentage is too much to say because some of the ico's are legit and can give you some good amount of profits.
rdtt13

Activity: 186
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:03:55 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

You're right that 90% of ico's are scam because I experienced it myself last time when I invested my money in some money grabber ico . I thought that it was legit because their preparations are good so I trusted it but after a week or so they just lost .

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Nexus77

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:52:02 AM

Indeed this has become a financing industry for fraud. many people should have been there since the beginning of the year more and more ico but also getting worse because ico sometimes did not care about being able to succeed and there was no news about the next update
adamlillian

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 07:02:10 AM

I do not think that number is true. I have been involved in a lot of projects but I was just scammed. These are only projects with high interest rates when investing. There are many other great projects. I think you should improve the analysis of ICO projects.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
doanlang

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:08:09 AM

The first ever coin (ICO) sale has become the focus during the past year, as the technology behind - Blockchain, is constantly being referred to by the media and widely accepted. However, as a relatively easy means to raise capital, at least 5 projects will have a fraudulent project. You should not be too scared, just find a good ICO.
manwithsuit909

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:04:08 AM

high risk high profit
that's what learn from investing
well there's still 10% is legit yeah
Yamdel

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:48:18 PM

I do not think so. Though I've read, over 50% ICOs fail. Large number of them are scams but 90% is absolutely high and unlikely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: