Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:01:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:44:50 PM

I think 90% of ICOs are doomed to fail, 90% of ICOs are scams. And 90% of ICOs that make it never survive the first year. The truth about ICOs is that there are a wide array of opportunities but there are but a few of them that can access this opportunity.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MorganFreeman41

Activity: 378
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:04:46 PM

You're absolutely right, my friend. It is very necessary to approach with care the choice of the project for participation in the ICO. Especially I advise you to avoid Russian projects-100 % scam.
raiderking96

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

pantang menyerah

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 05:04:52 PM

Yes, at present almost all ICOs end up being scam, so in my opinion this is one of the causes of ethereum's price to fall deeply enough, and it is difficult to rise, so if we want to keep investing in an ICO project we must be more careful and use very mature considerations so as not to fall into a scam project.
Cryppy_guyL

Activity: 325
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:38:39 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
Unfortunately, I also heard that many say the same thing that 90% of ICO is a Scam. But I wonder, who conducted the study, who said that this percentage is equal to 90. Maybe it's not that bad. But even eating and so, the choice of ICO should be taken very seriously, because no one wants to lose their money.

atjiat

Activity: 1204
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2018, 08:19:21 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
Unfortunately, I also heard that many say the same thing that 90% of ICO is a Scam. But I wonder, who conducted the study, who said that this percentage is equal to 90. Maybe it's not that bad. But even eating and so, the choice of ICO should be taken very seriously, because no one wants to lose their money.

today the market of ico companies is losing investment appeal. This is very bad for the development of projects, Although projects can be bad not only because of scammers, but also because of a bad team.
bitekoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 08:27:33 PM

You're right that 90% of ico's are scam because I experienced it myself last time when I invested my money in some money grabber ico . I thought that it was legit because their preparations are good so I trusted it but after a week or so they just lost .

Trade wisely, but the day trading is a really hard game with seasoned experts, you are definitely going to get burned. Go with solid coins or tokens with great promise and teams.
The best altcoins to me will be ICOs that will emerge with tangible projects in 2018.
Now that the mostly weak hands have left or people are more cautious, the market will stabilise towards coins that have more promising techs and solid teams, like MeVu.
b_economic_d
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 10:33:27 PM

Yes - it really is. A lot of such projects are arranged on the principle of the pyramid and at some point they work and collect allegedly investments, and then abruptly stop their activities and steal investors ' investments.
Scambusterz

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:20:48 AM

Unfortunately this is the case. 95% of the projects do not represent themselves and will die in the future. In the near future only strong projects will remain on the market, which are really useful and important for the crypto community.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:35:01 AM

Unfortunately this is the case. 95% of the projects do not represent themselves and will die in the future. In the near future, only strong projects will remain on the market, which is really useful and important for the crypto community.

Yes, you are right only very few projects will remain in the market and even the price of ETH is kept decreasing this makes most of the fake ICO project are selling their raised amount. Mostly fake ICO won't sustain much longer.
Raja_Salman

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 02:56:11 AM

Indeed for now there have been many projeck cheating programs that are certainly very detrimental to many people. most likely if this continues, investors will be a little hesitant to invest in ico
Aniadec

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 05:42:46 AM

I like the idea that ICO must use escrow third party in order to allow people get back their money in case of non-fulfillment of promices by ICO team.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:52:09 AM

I do not agree with you.
maybe 85% of people out there do not have bad intentions, but the problem is if 5-10% try to cheat, then this is a disaster. but some experts argue that ICO is a legitimate way to raise funds because tokens promised access to services in the future after launch.
from this ICO investors can see the source code of a reliable company, download the product and play with it. While in the stock market, investors only get brochures only. Transparency is what makes this cryptocurrency hated by a number of persons.

Perhaps you need to do more research and not by just using your own opinion. I think OP is right with his subject, "Over 90% of ICOs are a scam" because one smart developer says, "Out of every 100 projects, 99 is a fraud or a scam", see for yourself here, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2453462.0

futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 06:57:56 AM

Based on my experience , I gotta say that most of the ico's are scam but it's not like 90% , I think that percentage is too much to say because some of the ico's are legit and can give you some good amount of profits.

Yes, you are right we don't have any right path to conclude about the ICO, but everything completely depends on us because it is our fault to find the best project. We have seen many people kept complaining about the ICO's failure but it is not the investors fault but the owners are cheating the innocent investors.
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:28:35 AM

Well this is the sad reality of cryptocurrency now,the image of this once. Great opportunity turns a disaster when this f@cking scammer enters the community with only one vision and that is to victimized and take advantage of the poor investors that the only mistakes in life is trusting these scammers,from the starts i am looking for the solutions towards this problem to bring back the beauty and truthfulness of crypto community
0ethereum0

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:31:39 AM

Well this is the sad reality of cryptocurrency now,the image of this once. Great opportunity turns a disaster when this f@cking scammer enters the community with only one vision and that is to victimized and take advantage of the poor investors that the only mistakes in life is trusting these scammers,from the starts i am looking for the solutions towards this problem to bring back the beauty and truthfulness of crypto community

And then we are only talking about the ICO. There are also a lot of scam gambling, mining software.
That is not the benefit if crypto is not regular.
morgan4140

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:48:21 AM

I definitely agree with your opinion, these ICO contribute to the fact that the price of ether falls. Out of 90 percent of scam ICO 89 Russian ICO
Pom_bensin

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 07:54:18 AM

ico is actually not a scam even though almost 90% failed, this was because the team from ico could not maximize the opportunity against ico, so Iico's failure was the main factor was the team. before choosing ico, a maximum research must be done and in order to be able to choose good ico, it is also a solid team.
Skyizz

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:06:22 AM

I do not agree with this statistics. Of course, there are some scams, but the vast majority of ICO are working projects.
ZEVS42

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 08:34:14 AM

unfortunately it's like the truth because a lot of scammers go to earn money on a crypto currency. It is better to invest in coins that are already on stock exchanges

R A I D O ▬ FINANCIAL ▬ | THE GLOBAL FINTECH ECOSYSTEM
https://ico.raidofinance.com/login
Leenwar

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 11:22:22 AM

I agree that there are a lot of scammy coins out there, but you cant ignore that there are many coins that are actully trying to do good both to their investors and technology.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: