Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

There's no risk if the project is real though. That's why we do research to make sure that the ICOs we invest on are legitimate. But making sure that the project is legit by investing in real projects already that are listed on the stock exchange is not a bad idea though especially for beginners.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DirkDiggler1911

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:56:14 PM

90% of projects are scam and 99% of the new ICO will fail. In my opinion lots of tokens will never recover and will probably disappear.
burdeN

Activity: 364
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:17:30 PM

I think the scammy ICOs will disappear with time because of more and more countries will develop regulations. And at this point, regulations are what we need in order to involve serious investments in the crypto market.
Whitebit42

Activity: 99
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:07:56 PM

In most cases, ICOs are simply used to pump money out of investors through deception. Yes, 90-95% are crooks.
percopolis

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:22:16 AM

I agree with you completely, but it is necessary to understand that the profits that you will get in case of successful entry into the ICO project - you will not earn anywhere else.
sirminesalot

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:45:23 AM

Ico and airdrop more and more spam and this makes us waste time in reviewing a projeck because more and more choose the projeck that is not fraud. although I also feel that this will be the advantage of more and more people who know
nesso

Activity: 631
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:08:24 AM

you need to know about ico before investing. investing in very popular campaigns is also risky. for example, envion ico, invested a lot of money, everyone who invested now regrets. investing in icos does not save money
withche.07

Activity: 549
Merit: 259

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:15:13 AM

I don't think so. I believe there are many icos with SUPERB ideas and shortage of money. Their only chance is doing somekind of ico to get more funds to support their altcoin project. %90 is very exaggerated number.

[]
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████▀               █████▄
▄██████▀       ▀███████   █████▄
▄█████▀  ▄    █▄   ▀██▀  ▄  █████▄
████▀  ▄██  █  ███▄    ▄███  █████
▄███  ▄████ ███  ██▀     ▀███  ████▄
███         ▀███    ▄███▄   ▀█  ████
███  ████▄            ▀▀▀██▄     ███
████  ████ ████▀    █▄▄▄         ███
▀████  ██  ██▀  ▄██  ███▀▀      ███▀
█████  █  ▀  ▄████▀    ▄██▀  ▄████
▀█████     ▄█▀▀    ▄  ██▀  ▄█████▀
▀█████       ▄▄█████    ▄██████▀
▀█████               ▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
[|]
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:17:59 AM

I won't say scam but will say they will fail. I have told people that there shouldn't be any blind trust to any of these coins or project because most are vapourware and the idea won't work but since the terms and conditions is well started but most people just join this project without even reading the terms and conditions

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Lazada

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:25:41 AM

I won't say scam but will say they will fail. I have told people that there shouldn't be any blind trust to any of these coins or project because most are vapourware and the idea won't work but since the terms and conditions is well started but most people just join this project without even reading the terms and conditions
Yes I quite agree with what you say. there are some successful projects, some projects are scam and there are also projects that fail. Each result will be different meaning, when a scam project does not mean completely it is a scam, because the project could fail due to unfulfilled number of investors. While the scam project is a project that from the beginning was designed only with the purpose of using investors money without any desire to realize the project becomes a reality.
DJCanh

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:28:36 AM

It is true. But some projects just don't get enough money to make their ideas real
winterland

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:20:38 PM

So, %10 of ICO's are legit. You must find the hidden gem there. I know some ICO's that only allows whitelisted people to invest and then make huge gain in exchanges. Try to look out for them, if you can find a good one you can even make 100x in one ICO. I agree that most of them are scams but the point is to find the best one. Do your own research.
That is what we all want, we want to find a hiding gem that make us a fortune but that is easier said than done especially as now icos are asking for even a greater amount of requirements now you need to be on a whitelist now you need to go through KYC, so making profits is getting harder not easier especially if we take into account that even more people are investing in those projects with the increased popularity of cryptocurrencies.
koralan

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:50:52 PM

I agree with you completely, but it is necessary to understand that the profits that you will get in case of successful entry into the ICO project - you will not earn anywhere else.
High risk returns are a natural consequence of financial markets and ICO projects. To minimize the risk, you need to carefully study each project you want to participate in before investing.
This Saturday, I have been working very hard at the EFFECT.AI project, which is a very good project in artificial intelligence, which provides an open network with very low costs and fast growth. I will invest the NEO number I have, I hope this project will develop very strongly.
IsaacBitcoiner

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:53:52 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
Interesting he said that, since the platform he created is the one that originates more than 90% of these ICOs.

Byteball.org   ❱❱❱  IT  JUST  WORKS.  ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email - Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments - ICO Platform with KYC
olumyd

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 10:57:17 PM

ICOs are risky businesses even for developers. There's more to it than meets they eye. If we have deviated from what blockchain is and ventured into a dark pit of crowdfunding businesses alone. The world is in more trouble than could be anticipated.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:59:23 AM

Prior to the advent of crypto currency, there were also many scammers, it's just that people need to learn how to choose projects that are safe to invest in. If a person does not investigate the project, he himself need to blame for wanting easy money and supporting the scam.   
The problem is that many people still use cryptocurrencies the same way they would use their fiat, we know that once you send your money in crypto you cannot get it back there is not such a thing as a chargeback, yet people keep using the crypto as if something went wrong and they will still be able to get the money back and we know that is simply not true, so people need to learn to take responsibility by their actions.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:12:10 AM

I strongly disagree with this. Yes there are some scams, but the vast majority of ICOs are genuine. If 90% were scams, then no-one would bother with any bounty work.
You're suggesting that almost every ICO is like Benebit - that's clearly not the case!

Not only bounty hunter will stop joining the project but the investor too because they will lose their money again.
As bounty hunter, if the project all scam then what will we get? Nothing so all people will be not here again
LieTOme

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:17:03 AM

Not a whole just maybe a few percent because if we see projeck projeck here more and more teams that are behind it also clear. indeed there are some who are not successful in terms of funding
miningguru

Activity: 1134
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:25:46 AM

Most of the ICO's are not a scam, some companies are doing their best to develop what they mentioned in the roadmap. Few people are stealing the money without any further developments and they won't even respond to questions asked after the ICO.
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2018, 03:53:45 AM

Most of the ICO's are not a scam, some companies are doing their best to develop what they mentioned in the roadmap. Few people are stealing the money without any further developments and they won't even respond to questions asked after the ICO.

I agree with this one. I believe that some ICOs just end up not being able to push through because of lack of funds and end up returning the investment to its investors. I have seen some good ICOs and the developers are working hard but then only a few invested because they don't have that much exposure so they decided to just return the investors money. This is just one reality of it. There are ICOs that spend a lot of money in marketing so that they can attract more investors only to end up being abandoned and scammed. It is just hard to determine nowadays what ICO is scam and what is not that's why a thorough research is needed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: