Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 03:06:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GigaDice.com | 1% House-Edge | FREE BTC | PayPal, Bitcoin, PerfectMoney Cashouts  (Read 7345 times)
GigaDice (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:44:32 AM

Regarding Provable Fairness:

How is this actually provably fair? We take the roll, the client seed and the server seed and hash them together to get the server hash? This means that you can make the roll whatever you want? Please clarify how the rolls are actually calculated. I will add a roll verifier for your site to http://bitcoinmaniac.com/verify if you can tell me how this is actually provably fair.

We provide a hash of the roll, user decided client seed and we add a secret to prevent the results from being derived from the hash provided. There is a SHA 512 form embedded in our site which allows you to verify the results after the secret has been released. To verify your rolls please visit our verification page.

I have accredited every account I have missed thus far.
Mooshire

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:56:34 AM

How is this actually provably fair? We take the roll, the client seed and the server seed and hash them together to get the server hash? This means that you can make the roll whatever you want? Please clarify how the rolls are actually calculated. I will add a roll verifier for your site to http://bitcoinmaniac.com/verify if you can tell me how this is actually provably fair.

We provide a hash of the roll, user decided client seed and we add a secret to prevent the results from being derived from the hash provided. There is a SHA 512 form embedded in our site which allows you to verify the results after the secret has been released. To verify your rolls please visit our verification page.

But this isn't provably fair, this is just provable results. You can change the roll to whatever you want, the client seed has nothing to do with the roll. This is deceptive and not actually provably fair.

MidwestMiner

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:01:42 AM

But this isn't provably fair, this is just provable results. You can change the roll to whatever you want, the client seed has nothing to do with the roll. This is deceptive and not actually provably fair.

Could you expand on this and maybe suggest what changes or additional information would be needed to show that the game is 100% provably fair?
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:11:37 AM

I think my response may have been unclear. There is a server seed and client seed (user can change) provided before the roll and a daily secret. Results can be proven once the secret is released. In order to verify that the bets were provably fair you take the roll+clientseed+secret and if it equals the server seed provided before the roll it is fair. This is the same system used by many dice sites, I'm open to suggestions and appreciate any feedback.
simple-dice

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:20:00 AM

If what you're getting at is that he can make a fake account and win lots because he know the secret(s), any site can do that - so don't bother bashing him...
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:24:32 AM

I think my response may have been unclear. There is a server seed and client seed (user can change) provided before the roll and a daily secret. Results can be proven once the secret is released. In order to verify that the bets were provably fair you take the roll+clientseed+secret and if it equals the server seed provided before the roll it is fair. This is the same system used by many dice sites, I'm open to suggestions and appreciate any feedback.

This is not the same system used by many dice sites. You take the roll, which you can make whatever you want, and then hash it with the client seed to provide what is called "Provable results". This is not provably fair. This shows that the roll did not change after you bet. You could still be setting the rolls low and making people lose. It would still "verify" but would not be actually provably fair. If you want to make something provably fair, there is a good way to do it.

Take the SHA512 hash of the client seed + server seed. (Provide the hash of the server seed beforehand)
Take the first 8 characters of the hash, and convert them to decimal form. Then divide by 42949672.95, which will give you a numeric value between 0 and 100. Round this value to the nearest hundredths place.
This is your roll. Now, we know that you did not predetermine the roll beforehand, and we can check that this roll was made with our own client seed, and is fair.

To simple-dice: This is not at all what I am talking about, don't post before you know what the conversation is.

simple-dice

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:31:35 AM

This is not the same system used by many dice sites. You take the roll, which you can make whatever you want, and then hash it with the client seed to provide what is called "Provable results". This is not provably fair. This shows that the roll did not change after you bet. You could still be setting the rolls low and making people lose. It would still "verify" but would not be actually provably fair. If you want to make something provably fair, there is a good way to do it.

Take the SHA512 hash of the client seed + server seed. (Provide the hash of the server seed beforehand)
Take the first 8 characters of the hash, and convert them to decimal form. Then divide by 42949672.95, which will give you a numeric value between 0 and 100. Round this value to the nearest hundredths place.
This is your roll. Now, we know that you did not predetermine the roll beforehand, and we can check that this roll was made with our own client seed, and is fair.

To simple-dice: This is not at all what I am talking about, don't post before you know what the conversation is.

In the 2nd par. you said "server seed."  What do you think a server-seed is?

And the first 8 characters of WHICH hash?  You said hash two things - I don't think you really understand what provably fair is nor did you explain it properly.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:36:07 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 01:50:21 AM by GigaDice

What you're suggesting is another way to come to the same conclusion both are "provably fair". Here is an excerpt from Mem reinforcing that this is actually "provably fair".

2: Any site that shows you a hash of the site seed used for the next round and allows for users to provide their own seed or randomly generates one for them.
This is as good as it gets without a publically auditable db. Bonus points for no blockchain spam as well.

Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:54:17 AM

What you're suggesting is another way to come to the same conclusion both are "provably fair". Here is an excerpt from Mem reinforcing that this is actually "provably fair".

2: Any site that shows you a hash of the site seed used for the next round and allows for users to provide their own seed or randomly generates one for them.
This is as good as it gets without a publically auditable db. Bonus points for no blockchain spam as well.

Ok then tell me, how can I verify that you do not just choose the rolls and that they are influenced by my client seed in a hash? Maybe i'm just not understanding you.

Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:58:43 AM

And the first 8 characters of WHICH hash?  You said hash two things - I don't think you really understand what provably fair is nor did you explain it properly.

I was describing a system for creating provable fairness. You are talking about the owner betting on his own site.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:01:25 AM

Ok then tell me, how can I verify that you do not just choose the rolls and that they are influenced by my client seed in a hash? Maybe i'm just not understanding you.

Rolls are verifiable once the secret is released. Once the secret is made public you can go here and take the roll+client seed+secret and hash them together, if it equals the server seed provided before the roll it is fair. Since the client seed is editable there is no way we can manipulate the results. Thank you for your comments and feedback, I have accredited your account with some balance. We're always looking to improve ourselves wherever possible.
simple-dice

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:01:50 AM

I was describing a system for creating provable fairness. You are talking about the owner betting on his own site.

No - reread the post...  My first post was, not my second.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:05:06 AM

GigaDice, you have not answered my question. How does my client seed influence the roll if it's only purpose is to be hashed with the roll? How does my client seed influence the roll? You are avoiding this question.

simple-dice

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:14:51 AM

GigaDice, you have not answered my question. How does my client seed influence the roll if it's only purpose is to be hashed with the roll? How does my client seed influence the roll? You are avoiding this question.

You avoided my questions...  I'd like a response too.
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:15:42 AM

You avoided my questions...  I'd like a response too.

What exactly is your question? Please post it again.

GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:21:41 AM

It isn't necessary to have the client seed influence the roll as the client seed's purpose is to verify that the bet was provably fair which it accomplishes. Each site has different methods of "provably fair" and they all solve the same problem. Please refer to this wonderful topic mem made which should shed some light on the intricacies of provably fair and provable results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266791.0
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:24:18 AM

Here for the free BTC.
Account: Nilashoc

Thanks!  Smiley
Mooshire

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:26:39 AM

It isn't necessary to have the client seed influence the roll as the client seed's purpose is to verify that the bet was provably fair which it accomplishes. Each site has different methods of "provably fair" and they all solve the same problem. Please refer to this wonderful topic mem made which should shed some light on the intricacies of provably fair and provable results.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266791.0

Then how can I tell that you don't just create a bunch of low rolls and hash them with my client seed? What does the server seed ultimately accomplish? How do I know that you don't just make a bunch of losing rolls?

Menelik

Activity: 50

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:28:20 AM

New User: ClapTrap

When I log in, it says I can't continue because I live in the US.

Nevermind. I think it was just that page. Exploring now.
GigaDice (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:31:49 AM

Here for the free BTC.
Account: Nilashoc

Thanks!  Smiley

Accredited your account with some balance. For those interested we've already started developing Gigadice 2.0. There is tons of new features planned along with a more fluid and user friendly design. Here is a quick sneak peak of what is to come.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: