Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We accept Bitcoins [moved to bitcoin.it/wiki/Trade]  (Read 212846 times)
ihrhase

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 12:07:00 PM

Link2VoIP (www.link2voip.com) accepts Bitcoin as payment.

Now you can get phone service for Bitcoins.

How's that for useful? Tongue

It would be infinitely more so If I could find the BTC Rate....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Madhatter

Activity: 490
Merit: 509

My avatar pic says it all

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 01:12:54 PM

I emailed support and asked them. (I've been a customer for 4 years. I was also the one who suggested that they accept BCs.)

They told me that they are matching New Liberty Standard's BC/USD rate for the time being.

I sent them a payment today and I received a credit. Looks like it works. Wink
ihrhase

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 02:51:15 PM

So their unlimited service is $9.99 a mo (correct?)

That would equate to:

$9.99 * 146.22 BTC/$

1458.54 BTC/mo.

Unless there are people local to me that wish to purchase my consumer goods for BTC the marginal use of BTC does not exceed $ for me yet....
The Madhatter

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 03:33:04 PM

I pay $9.99 for a local phone number. Been a customer for 4 years. It works great.

I also use them to connect my mobile calls. (Mobile calls here are seriously an arm+leg with our local provider.)

Oh, and I also resell some of their stuff to friends to make a few extra bucks.
DannyM

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2010, 04:01:07 PM

Unless there are people local to me that wish to purchase my consumer goods for BTC the marginal use of BTC does not exceed $ for me yet....

I know I'm probably not local, but what are the consumer goods you are selling?
The Madhatter

View Profile
March 29, 2010, 03:43:58 AM

You'll get customers eventually. Stay patient! Smiley
Link2VoIP

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2010, 07:10:26 PM

Actually, we just polished up our Bitcoin integration. Payments into our system are fully automated now.

bitcoinuser

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 09, 2010, 03:04:32 AM

that rocks madhatter. i love link2voip. progressive!
Link2VoIP

Activity: 21

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2010, 11:57:04 PM

What a small world. Smiley
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2010, 08:32:45 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2010, 05:01:39 PM by BitcoinFX

I have recently revised my Liberty Reserve Exchange Service website - BitcoinFX - http://www.bitcoinfx.cz.cc/ I will soon be funding and maintaining the availability of both BTC and LR at a 100% ratio against the exchange rate.

I have chosen to use a http://www.nic.cz.cc/ domain because it is purposefully obscure ! It is a paid domain for 2 years and is automatically renewable. Its an extremely inexpensive method for hosting a domain with SSL support and Privacy Protect. ( Less than $5 for 2 years ) I have full control over my A Record etc. and the web host is very stable. In the future I will be adding SSL and the LR and Bitcoin API's to make the exchange service 100% automated, as long as their are available funds.

I'm also advertising in Bitcoin in Money Share Forums / e-currency Investment Forums

http://www.moneyshareforum.com/index.php?showtopic=3513 - Bitcoin P2p Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin P2P Cryptocurrency - Free - Open Source Software Project !

Whilst I would not recommend 'investing' in most of the 'sites' on this forum. Searching through the posts and links will give some of you an incite into just how popular e-currencies are with this type of community. This type of activity makes up a massive percentage of e-currency transactions and I consider it very relevant in the successful future of Bitcoin.

Thank you. Cool

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
The Madhatter

View Profile
April 15, 2010, 04:23:13 PM

For those of you that don't already know; most of these 'investments' are ponzi schemes.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2010, 05:57:34 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2010, 06:08:09 AM by BitcoinFX

For those of you that don't already know; most of these 'investments' are ponzi schemes.

Indeed they are and you should exercise extreme caution before even considering 'investing' and also view most HYIP's as a game of chance.

I can be considered a trusted admin and my Private Investment Club opportunity is intentionally 'low level' and 'low risk'.

Sabunir had expressed interest in the original BitcoinFX Private Investment Club opportunity, so I have offered a 100% free share, for my usage of the banner designs. I will offer more free shares to Bitcoin Forum members in the future.

Please understand that what I'm effectively doing is 'backing' Bitcoins with my profitable Forex Trading abilities, as well as, creating an interest and demand for Bitcoins with existing e-currency users at the same time. I have 'backed' both projects with $1000 LR to avoid any issues.

This is a much more logical approach than just offering an 'exchange' service where you are effectively just 'giving away' USD or EUR for 'digital tokens' ...

However, I fully understand your concerns.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
thufir

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 23, 2010, 05:13:52 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2010, 09:25:43 AM by thufir

Vekja.net Presents a Bitcoin Exclusive:

True Anonymous Web & Email Hosting

Our goal: Contribute to the Bitcoin economy and thus destroy the bankers ability to control our destiny through their printing press.

Our strategy: Provide Highly Secure Anonymous Web & Email Hosting at Cost, and provide it only through Bitcoin!

(A Vekja Account is free, and so is a Vekja Bitcoin Account once you have a general account. The Vekja Hosting Account is our first billable offering. You can choose to activate that or not, independent of your general and Bitcoin accounts.)

Visit https://vekja.net and sign up for more details!
sirius
Bitcoiner

Activity: 429
Merit: 974

View Profile
April 23, 2010, 10:22:45 AM

Vekja.net Presents a Bitcoin Exclusive:

Awesome! I'll add a "Trade" page on the bitcoin.org main site, where we can list btc-accepting services.

Iris — for better social networks
I'm not a forum admin - please contact theymos instead.
komoto

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2010, 02:15:12 AM

hello

i found these urls while surfing on i2p:

mybitcoin.i2p (resolves to nwpqc65o333ifqq7wqovo2ito5y3ca6rfygz3p6pusau26t6tpca.b32.i2p)
xqzfakpeuvrobvpj.onion (on tor. they advertise this url in the login area)
mybitcoin.com (loads the same site from the public internet. they use cacert for ssl.)

(some sort of web-based wallet for bitcoin)

privacyshark.com

(sells domain names for bitcoins)

The Madhatter

View Profile
May 02, 2010, 07:00:39 PM

That mybc thing is nice for non-geeks. I signed up last night to try it out. This is something I can setup for my 'ol pappy and he'd be able to actually use it. Tongue
thufir

View Profile
May 04, 2010, 09:40:02 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2010, 09:50:40 PM by thufir

I would like to point out then that http://vekja.net has always provided a Free web based Bitcoin account even better than the mybitcoin service mentioned above (in addition to the non-free Email and Web service that I announced earlier).

I should have announced this separately before, as there is such great value in a Bitcoin Web App. The value is not just for Grandpa, but is also for anyone who wants to use Bitcoin on a mobile device (or any platform where there is no client yet available).

If you haven't done so already, please come check out the https://Vekja.net Bitcoin web app. Registration is free and does not require an email like the mybitcoin service currently does.

If you have any questions or suggestions, just use the built in messaging system to send a message to admin. I will be glad to help.

For the record: I hereby promise that the Vekna.net Bitcoin account will always remain free (that includes spam free). This was always my intent from the beginning.
The Madhatter

View Profile
May 04, 2010, 10:55:54 PM

I signed up for a vekja free Bitcoin account. Very nice. It is very simple. Almost too simple for my tastes tho. :/ I mean, I'm sure it works as expected but the interface is really lacking features.

MyBitcoin has some nice stuff like payment history, the ability to change your Bitcoin address (which I totally need btw), some basic statistics, and an addressbook (very handy; try typing in a long ugly Bitcoin address from a Blackberry or iPhone -- no thanks).

The need for an email address mystifies me also. I wonder why they require that. Service announcements?

Edit: I see a transaction history page. I must have scrolled right past it. The interface is all on one page??

Edit 2: Looks like MyBitcoin can do payment notes too (I wonder if/how this works to/from Bitcoin and MyBitcoin).
thufir

View Profile
May 04, 2010, 11:12:54 PM

Yes, there is a transaction history.

I was always planning an address book. I just wanted to break up the interface into multiple pages first.

I will also add the ability you request for creating new (and multiple) addresses.

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions madhatter2!
NewLibertyStandard

Activity: 252
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2010, 08:55:36 AM

I just added a second line to my graphs showing the closing price of bitcoins at the Bitcoin Market.

Treazant: A Fullever Rewarding Bitcoin - Backup Your Wallet TODAY to Double Your Money! - Dual Currency Donation Address: 1Dnvwj3hAGSwFPMnkJZvi3KnaqksRPa74p
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: