Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:11:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Global Warming Real?  (Read 2779 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:27:14 PM

I know of no 'climate denier' who thinks that the earth is flat.  'Flat Earth' is a psy-op developed specifically to associate with people who don't go along with the corp/gov line on such things as 'global warming', 'vaccines', etc.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaahahaha.
Global warming deniers == vaccines deniers. It's your words, are you? Smiley

I have one interesting thought in my mind: If some people denies the fact of global warming which is not denied by any famous scientists...

When a scientist says that he does not deny global warming, that does not mean that he agrees with alarmist or politicians or common people's brainwashing on what to do, if anything, about it.

The one thing DOES NOT LEAD to the other.
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1835

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 03:56:56 PM

When a scientist says that he does not deny global warming, that does not mean that he agrees with alarmist or politicians or common

yep, they can disagree with media representation or some ways to resolve it, but compared to climate deniers they don't deny the fact of it.

I disagree with some ways for example with concept of "degrowth". But not with the fact which is an axiom

people's brainwashing

Are you talking about religion? If religion is not brainwashing, then i can't say what even can be.

The one thing DOES NOT LEAD to the other.

"if you don't protest about something, then you accepting it"

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
josephsonand

Activity: 273
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 04:29:34 PM

Some people believe that global warming is just the conspiracy to control the development of industrial country. Sometime, I think so. What about you?  

I think it's real. As real as our Milky Way is going to collapse w/ Andromeda in several billions of years. See where I'm getting at?
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 06:21:46 PM

When a scientist says that he does not deny global warming, that does not mean that he agrees with alarmist or politicians or common

yep, they can disagree with media representation or some ways to resolve it, but compared to climate deniers they don't deny the fact of it. ...

You are wrong. The phrase "climate denier" is used by anyone, politically or religiously a climate activist, to smear anyone they wish. Thus it has no specific meaning. Rather it's used by a person to smear those that do not agree with his views.

Often the term "climate denier" is used in conjunction with one of the arguments which is logically erroneous. These include Ad Hominem, and Argument by Ridicule.

johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1835

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
September 30, 2019, 11:19:03 PM

Thus it has no specific meaning.

I have specific meaning to this, and I think all here understand what meaning is under this words. Maybe just because i don't want (or can't) to give more specific term, and don't want to write every time big essay about what i mean under this term.

Rather it's used by a person to smear those that do not agree with his views.

I said it many times before, but you can't disagree with the fact of climate change. It's the same as disagree with the fact that the Sun is rising on the east

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 12:10:30 AM

I have specific meaning to this, and I think all here understand what meaning is under this words. Maybe just because i don't want (or can't) to give more specific term, and don't want to write every time big essay about what i mean under this term.

I said it many times before, but you can't disagree with the fact of climate change. It's the same as disagree with the fact that the Sun is rising on the east

The term is used ad hoc in political discourse as an insult, often to get someone fired. It is used to mean whatever is of advantage to the accuser.

I doubt if you have specific meaning, actually.

RE "you can't disagree", blah-blah-blah, these are not scientifically qualified assertions.

What is your opinion. of the magnitude of the climate sensitivity to greenhouse gases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_sensitivity

Equilibrium climate sensitivity[edit]
The equilibrium climate sensitivity (ECS) refers to the equilibrium change in global mean near-surface air temperature that would result from a sustained doubling of the atmospheric equivalent CO
2 concentration (ΔT2×). A comprehensive model estimate of equilibrium sensitivity requires a very long model integration; fully equilibrating ocean temperatures requires the integration of thousands of model years, although it is possible to produce an estimate more quickly using the method of Gregory et al. (2004).[10] As estimated by the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report (AR5), "there is high confidence that ECS is extremely unlikely less than 1°C and medium confidence that the ECS is likely between 1.5°C and 4.5°C and very unlikely greater than 6°C".[11]

For example if you respond 4.0C, you and I are in disagreement and you are welcome to call me anything you want, I don't care. If you say you don't know, you cannot make the broad assertions you make.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:05:57 PM

Where I live, the climate often changes from the middle of the day to the early morning hours next morning. The temperatures are as much as 50 degrees F. different. This means that most of the people living in my area know about climate change.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:57:57 PM

For me, In our country (Philippines)  global warming is real because in my experience its getting hotter not like before.

Mostly the raining season too right?? The hot temperature of our earth sprouts even if it is raining, i also lived on philippines and a lot of times even though the weather or the setting itself is sunny day, but when you go out it's raining, global warming is indeed real, but dont get the misconception between global warming and climate change.

Link: https://whatsyourimpact.org/global-warming-climate-change

This is the link it's intresting you can read it and even share it too.
Mandoy

Activity: 644
Merit: 264

Aurox

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:59:20 PM

Some people believe that global warming is just the conspiracy to control the development of industrial country. Sometime, I think so. What about you?  

Global warming is really real and the reason behind it was the enormous amount of greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases are from factories, smoke of vehicles when burning fuel and others. But there are also conspiracy theories that global warming is orchestrated. Some have videos of planes leaving chemical traces on the atmosphere, it seems that they are really planning to create a very warm world. Possibly this is to have more in control of the development of technology and profit.

Aurox.

Designed to make
you money
|Proprietary Indicators
& Signals
|||                  ▄██▄▄▄▄▄
                ▄████████▀█▄▀
            ▄▄██████████▀
           ██████████▀██
          ███████████▄▄ ▄▄
         ██████████████ ▀▀█▄
     ▄▄████████████▀▄█▀   ▀▀
▄▀▀ ███████████▀▀▀ ██▀
▀▄▄▀ ██████▀ ▄▄
      ████▀ ██▀
     ███▀  █▀
     ▄█▌  ▐█▌
     ▀██   ▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████   ████

Get Started. FREE!
██   ████   ██████   ████████   ██████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PryptoMontreal

Activity: 588
Merit: 285

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:18:30 PM

I once experimented by dropping a piece of ice in a glass half-filled with water. (Just as to make a prototype of icebergs in the ocean). Allowed the ice to meltdown, and what I observed was that the water level remained the same (Archimedes' Principle). This means global warming won't cause any rise in the ocean's water level. I wonder how is it harmful to us then? Just curious, I know I sound dumb!
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 03:28:05 PM

I once experimented by dropping a piece of ice in a glass half-filled with water. (Just as to make a prototype of icebergs in the ocean). Allowed the ice to meltdown, and what I observed was that the water level remained the same (Archimedes' Principle). This means global warming won't cause any rise in the ocean's water level. I wonder how is it harmful to us then? Just curious, I know I sound dumb!

Some ice is on land (Greenland, Antarctica, glaciers, etc)

I think the warmunistas argument about sea level rise is that the ocean will become warmer and the water will expand as much as it is about melting ice anyway.

Whatever the argument is, sea level rise is very linear starting before humans started burning fossil fuels.  It will be 100 years before much of anything noticeable happens.  Plenty of time to stop building right on the ocean at sea level.  People who only need a place for 50 years can get a good deal.  This is only a panic because people who have a solution need a problem.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 04:35:27 PM

Not at all dumb. The North Pole is almost all floating ice over water. Greenland is ice over land. Antarctica is ice over land, but the West Peninsula is largely floating. That piece could break off, there is some concern over that issue that's valid.

It's a real stretch to assert that it would be man's folly to have used fossil fuels and that was what might/will/could break off the Antarctica peninsula. That's a hypothesis impossible to prove and impossible to negate.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 04:39:10 PM

Global warming is certainly real. The evidence is overwhelming that is real and that we are responsible for it. Yes there are a few deniers - but if you look at who is saying climate change is not real, you'll notice that it is people who have vested interests that they are trying to protect.

Go back a few years, you have the exact same situation with a few people claiming that smoking isn't dangerous - and these people all have interests in the tobacco industry.
It's the same with anything, over and over again throughout history.
djsugar

Activity: 686
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 04:40:18 PM

I think global warming is real and an evident threat which if not dealt seriously will lead to unimaginable consequences. We do come across comparable pictures/videos of glaciers melting all across the world, also there is news of micro pollutants found at arctic and Antarctic circles getting viral on various digital pages. All that i have mentioned are not amendments or policies made by the house but real catastrophic changes and no where they can be manipulated by man.
Naida_BR

Activity: 980
Merit: 62

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 05:03:56 PM

There are many species which leave in ices.
If ices meltdown then those species would not have home to live and they are going to die. Apart from that, The water level increases. It doesn't only in the case the water evaporates which can cause significant problems to the earth as well by monsoons of heavy raining.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 10:30:38 PM

Global warming is certainly real. The evidence is overwhelming that is real and that we are responsible for it. Yes there are a few deniers - but if you look at who is saying climate change is not real, you'll notice that it is people who have vested interests that they are trying to protect.

Go back a few years, you have the exact same situation with a few people claiming that smoking isn't dangerous - and these people all have interests in the tobacco industry.

Indeed, look at right now, you have the exact same situation with people claiming that we need to buy solar panels and windmills - and those people all have interests in the solar and windmill industries.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 12:41:20 AM

Indeed, look at right now, you have the exact same situation with people claiming that we need to buy solar panels and windmills - and those people all have interests in the solar and windmill industries.

This might be true with solar and windmills, but many doctors and pharmaceutical industry workers won't vaccinate their children.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 06:04:35 AM

I'm not sure that we are being brainwashed by the mighty renewable energy lobby.  Roll Eyes
Even if there was a secret cabal of evil windmill-salesmen, it's the wrong industry for them to choose - the point of renewable energy is that it is renewable, you don't need to pay over and over again for it.

There is a lot of truth to the old saying - follow the money. You can't deny the power of the (non-renewable) energy industry. Western involvement in the middle-east wars is largely because of the oil that they can grab. The US aren't sending military forces to mountain-tops around the world so that they can install windmills.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 02:38:41 PM

I'm not sure that we are being brainwashed by the mighty renewable energy lobby.  Roll Eyes
Even if there was a secret cabal of evil windmill-salesmen, it's the wrong industry for them to choose - the point of renewable energy is that it is renewable, you don't need to pay over and over again for it.

There is a lot of truth to the old saying - follow the money. You can't deny the power of the (non-renewable) energy industry. Western involvement in the middle-east wars is largely because of the oil that they can grab. The US aren't sending military forces to mountain-tops around the world so that they can install windmills.

The term "renewable energy" doesn't necessarily mean that you don't have to pay for it over and over again. After all, the generators at the dams continue to turn as the water flows through their turbines. Isn't that renewable, as the rains and snows fall? Even nuclear power is renewed by more atoms breaking down.

The term is being misused, just like the climate change term is. Who is misusing the terms? Big Business, who is making money off you by narrowing your thinking.

It isn't to the point of brainwashing, yet. But in many cases it appears to be getting near.

Cool

BonfireBob

Activity: 70
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 03:14:56 PM

Yes, it is absolutely real. There is no discussion here, there are too many proofs to support the global warming.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: