Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Global Warming Real?  (Read 2775 times)
paskah01

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2019, 02:52:57 AM

Anyone can say it's not real - or real. But it does not matter.

Sometimes you go too deep into the question till you realize you're not going anywhere.

Either it's real or not, if we can do things that are good for both us and earth, why not?
Why wait till it went worse?

For me i think, blockchain technology is one of the world's mass solution to reduce things that caused global warming. If you think global warming is real, or not (yet), imo you guys should start knowing and learning about this kind of knowledges. There are a lot of ways of course, but here in case you want to know the brief explanations of how tech like blockchain can help :

https://blogchainzoo.com/climate-blockchange/

That's all propaganda and political talking points.

The fundamental and real thing that a blockchain could do for climate change issues would be for the raw temperature measured values to be put on a blockchain, along with all the "adjustments" made to them and the reasons for each.

That would be a scientific starting point for accurately understanding climate change. But a lot of powerful forces would be opposed to that.

Very good point. I agree, but also i think it's something we all should fight for. Decentralization and Transperancy is what this modern civilization market need beside that fact that some blockchain company will try to "adjust" it for their purpose as you said. This tech imo will minimalize the impact..

What reality is is that the "adjustments" to world and regional temperature values have been monkeyed with for decades, and those doing the changes have not adequately explained them to people who asked for explanations.

This makes it nearly impossible to establish factually whether there has been "global warming" and to what extent.

Okay, but then what? I mean, what do you think should we do ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 04:36:38 PM

I'll just leave this here.

More than 100 million Americans are on alert as bomb cyclone and another powerful storm plunge Thanksgiving travel into chaos with over 8,000 flight delays and heavy snowfall from the Rocky Mountains to the Great Lakes

More than 100 million Americans on are under weather warnings as a pair of powerful storms promising several feet of snow and powerful winds across large swaths of the country plunge Thanksgiving travel into chaos - causing over 8,000 flights delays so far with thousands more expected as the holiday approaches. 

The majority of the delays reported Tuesday were at Denver International Airport as a strong storm dumped more than a foot of snow in northern Colorado before moving east through the Rocky Mountains and up toward the Great Lakes. 

A second major storm is expected to strike the West Coast over Tuesday and Wednesday, bringing 'bomb cyclone' conditions with over two feet of snow to the mountains in the Northwest and possible flash flooding in Southern California.

The National Weather Service described the second storm as 'historic' and said it could rival the strength of a Category 1 hurricane with winds up to 74mph in southwest Oregon and northwest California.

The storm system will then move into the Rockies toward the central US on Thanksgiving and into the weekend before dumping rain on the East Coast on Sunday.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 27, 2019, 07:58:13 PM

Sometimes you go too deep into the question till you realize you're not going anywhere.

Either it's real or not, if we can do things that are good for both us and earth, why not?

For me i think, blockchain technology is one of the world's mass solution to reduce things that caused global warming. If you think global warming is real, or not (yet), imo you guys should start knowing and learning about this kind of knowledges. There are a lot of ways of course, but here in case you want to know the brief explanations of how tech like blockchain can help :

The fundamental and real thing that a blockchain could do for climate change issues would be for the raw temperature measured values to be put on a blockchain, along with all the "adjustments" made to them and the reasons for each.

That would be a scientific starting point for accurately understanding climate change. But a lot of powerful forces would be opposed to that.

Very good point. I agree, but also i think it's something we all should fight for. Decentralization and Transperancy is what this modern civilization market need beside that fact that some blockchain company will try to "adjust" it for their purpose as you said. This tech imo will minimalize the impact..

What reality is is that the "adjustments" to world and regional temperature values have been monkeyed with for decades, and those doing the changes have not adequately explained them to people who asked for explanations.

This makes it nearly impossible to establish factually whether there has been "global warming" and to what extent.

Aside from distrusting politicians who would take your money for Saving the Earth?

(Always distrust something like that)

There are many serious pollution issues that seemed to be just cast aside with a mantra to reduce carbon emissions.
paskah01

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:36:48 AM

Aside from distrusting politicians who would take your money for Saving the Earth?

(Always distrust something like that)

There are many serious pollution issues that seemed to be just cast aside with a mantra to reduce carbon emissions.

Yeah soo annoyingg i never buy it anyway i think it's really important to start from ourselves without caring the rest because the rest will follow. but yeah like i said for longterm and mass scale change-transparency and decentralized system is better (not best). This is one of the reason why i become blockchain enthusiast, it's not perfect-it have flaws but it offer us so many solutions for so many use cases rather than centralized one.

I opened my eyes because of this : https://blogchainzoo.com/use-cases/ (seriously)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:13:08 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2019, 04:42:36 AM by Spendulus

Yeah soo annoyingg i never buy it anyway i think it's really important to start from ourselves without caring the rest because the rest will follow. but yeah like i said for longterm and mass scale change-transparency and decentralized system is better (not best). This is one of the reason why i become blockchain enthusiast, it's not perfect-it have flaws but it offer us so many solutions for so many use cases rather than centralized one.

I opened my eyes because of this : https://blogchainzoo.com/use-cases/ (seriously)

Well, I looked at the section on climate change and really, seriously wasn't impressed. It's fairly often that someone thinks that the magic of blockchain will enable their personal beliefs and prejudices to win out. These people often don't even understand what blockchain will and will not do.

An example or two (from your link)

"Blockchain feature highlighted" - Peer to Peer - Crucial where regulation and governance are weak or otherwise unstable.

Huh WTF??? Blockchain is a substitute for top down government organization, not something used when those functions are weak. Not something inferior, but superior.

CLI MISSION - to accelerate climate action in line with the Paris Climate Agreement ....

Last I looked at the matter, the Paris Agreement really had zero effect on climate and was sort of a political feel good thing

Climate Ledger Initiative (CLI)

International, multistakeholder initiative at the intersection of ...

Huh?

So looking at the "Cli operation" climateledger.org, I'm going to say that this is not something that exists but something that someone would like to exist. Their donation page definitely does exist, though.

And none of what the author of "CLI" thinks is important for blockchain really is, anyway. As I mentioned, what is important is long term recording of basic climate data in a blockchain, along with all adjustments to those values or temperatures. This would have caught the lies in Al Gore's "hockey stick of temperature" and Michael Mann's fraudulent data series on which he projected a world rapidly warming.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:44:51 AM

I have to credit The Church of Warmers for a new colorful phrase, "bomb cyclone.
"
Very creative.
paskah01

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:46:12 AM

Well, I looked at the section on climate change and really, seriously wasn't impressed. It's fairly often that someone thinks that the magic of blockchain will enable their personal beliefs and prejudices to win out. These people often don't even understand what blockchain will and will not do.

"Blockchain feature highlighted" - Peer to Peer - Crucial where regulation and governance are weak or otherwise unstable.

Huh WTF??? Blockchain is a substitute for top down government organization, not something used when those functions are weak. Not something inferior, but superior.

CLI MISSION - to accelerate climate action in line with the Paris Climate Agreement ....

Last I looked at the matter, the Paris Agreement really had zero effect on climate and was sort of a political feel good thing

Huh?

Well this is from what i see,

"Crucial where regulation and governance are weak or otherwise unstable."

It's 'where' not 'when'

About Paris Agreement, it's written on the infograph
                                                                                   "To accelerate climate action in line with ..."
Yes you are probably right paris agreement has a very low effect (i just know this from google thanks to you) but the words said

"to accelerate.. in line...."  because as we know for now we have to do all with politic rules- so this can be the answer. To gamble, you have to be inside the system first.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 04:59:50 AM

Huh?

It's 'where' not 'when'

Yes you are probably right paris agreement has a very low effect (i just know this from google thanks to you) but the words said

"to accelerate.. in line...."  because as we know for now we have to do all with politic rules- so this can be the answer. To gamble, you have to be inside the system first.

As I recall from reading that Paris agreement, there were huge transfer payments in the fine print, from prosperous nations to third world. It was at the core, a gigantic money scam marketed as "Saving the world."

But I can play the game your way, too. Consider this use for a blockchain. Look up the expected ACTUAL carbon impact of the Paris agreement. (Not the rosy lies, the real) Then pick a simple change that anyone can do, which if ten or a hundred million do it will beat the effect of the Paris agreement, and make it a laughing stock.

Blockchain THAT. You've done more for real world climate than the entire Paris agreement...
paskah01

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 05:05:31 AM

Huh?

It's 'where' not 'when'

As I recall from reading that Paris agreement, there were huge transfer payments in the fine print, from prosperous nations to third world. It was at the core, a gigantic money scam marketed as "Saving the world."

But I can play the game your way, too. Consider this use for a blockchain. Look up the expected ACTUAL carbon impact of the Paris agreement. (Not the rosy lies, the real) Then pick a simple change that anyone can do, which if ten or a hundred million do it will beat the effect of the Paris agreement, and make it a laughing stock.

Blockchain THAT. You've done more for real world climate than the entire Paris agreement...

Thank you for the pa info,

And yesss, i am so excited for that, for a decentralized future. I hope people will be more open to this.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2019, 03:58:37 PM

And yesss, i am so excited for that, for a decentralized future. I hope people will be more open to this.

It's not that people aren't in favor of decentralization. It's that they don't even know what it is. It's that even if they have an inkling of it, they don't know how to determine if info is decentralized or not.

People have been trained (brainwashed) in centralization for so long, and decentralization looks so similar to centralization in some ways, that they can't tell the difference without someone showing them, point blank.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
paskah01

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 01:38:58 AM

It's not that people aren't in favor of decentralization. It's that they don't even know what it is. It's that even if they have an inkling of it, they don't know how to determine if info is decentralized or not.

People have been trained (brainwashed) in centralization for so long, and decentralization looks so similar to centralization in some ways, that they can't tell the difference without someone showing them, point blank.

Cool

Very interesting, thank you for your sights! 
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 08:18:10 AM

Some people believe that global warming is just the conspiracy to control the development of industrial country. Sometime, I think so. What about you?  
I think it may be a conspiracy and also a fact, we ourselves can clearly feel that the earth is really warming. Whatever the factor, contributing to the protection of our beautiful earth is an urgent issue.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 12:23:03 PM

Some people believe that global warming is just the conspiracy to control the development of industrial country. Sometime, I think so. What about you?  
I think it may be a conspiracy and also a fact, we ourselves can clearly feel that the earth is really warming. Whatever the factor, contributing to the protection of our beautiful earth is an urgent issue.

If we start right now, there is nothing that can be done to change things for our generation. Weather is too complex. We can't even agree on how much global warming or cooling there might be.

Anybody who wants to protect against destructive forces that are ruining our planet, will be doing it for future generations.

I admire your philanthropic thinking.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2019, 12:38:50 PM

More global warming!

"It's Going To Be Bad" - Heavy Snow And Wind Could Affect Millions Of Travelers This Winter

Winter Storm Dorothy dumped 7 to 12 inches of snow late Monday into Tuesday across Denver.

Winter storm warnings and winter weather advisories have already been posted for many regions in the Central Plains and upper Midwest on Wednesday.

Cool

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 05:42:02 AM

global warning is not saying the entire planet increases by 2 degree's higher than their single latitudes previous

imagine slicing the planet horizontally.. global warming is NOT (numbers not accurate for demo purpose only)
                                                          before     after
         north pole                                    -10        -8
   alaska      n europe                              10         12
  N.USA    main europe                            20         22
mexico    spain       asia                           35         37
 brazil    africa mid east                           35         37
  chile    s.africa  aussie                           20          22
         antarctica                                     -10        -8

global warming IS (numbers not accurate for demo purpose only)
                                                          before     after
         north pole                                    -10        -8
   alaska      n europe                              10         10
  N.USA    main europe                            20         23
mexico    spain       asia                           35         40
 brazil    africa mid east                           35         40
  chile    s.africa  aussie                           20          24
         antarctica                                     -10        -12

as you can see some places can stay the same while others get increasingly warmer. some can get increasingly cooler
as you can se the numbers are not strictly +2increase per each latitude... however the average is ~+2 as a whole planet AVERAGE

global warming is a valid term. but understanding/explaining it is the thing people cant do in a 2 minute news segment. its why the term climate change should be used instead

once people get passed the misunderstanding of climate change. people can move on and start realising carbons 0.01% change over 150 years is not the 2 degree impactor.. but water vapour is..
then people can concentrate on how to research more about changes to the water cycle and fix the water cycle, thus fix climate change

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BuxCoin

Activity: 698
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 10:17:57 AM

some say there is no global warming , and others accept there is global warming , global warming is real many will accept this as they see changes in atmosphere , weather in coming years
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 259

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 11:01:24 AM

One side we are make development country and world and an other side we are cleared natural element so my opinion many of causes involved damage natural  just name used development but really not actually development in the world.
We can not ignored our fault it is true.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
November 30, 2019, 01:39:38 PM

Is Global Warming Real
No   (You can not create or destroy, only transform/change)
Is the climate changing, Yes
It has changed 100 years ago, 1000 years ago, 10000 years ago.... always has, always will, adapt.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2019, 06:00:19 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2019, 06:51:06 PM by BADecker

The rest of the story.

"What They Haven't Told You About Climate Change."

Mainstream media outlets and political organizations have been predicting doom and gloom, what seems to be end of the world type of scenarios when they bring up the topic of global warming and climate change. This type of perception is something humanity has been experiencing for decades, just take a look at this press release from 1989, which explained how United Nations officials predicted that entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth if the global warming trend was not reversed by the year 2000, it's just one of many examples.

Furthermore, anybody who seems to question the official narrative of this issue that's constantly pushed by mainstream media is made out to be a fool, and ridicule shortly ensues. Climate scientists have been ridiculed for even sharing their research and opinions suggesting that a doom and gloom scenario is not real, and that the issue of climate change is quite complex, and that man's CO2 output is not playing the role that most have been made to believe it plays.

Atmospheric CO2 is a key to life on earth, this is because plants use sunlight to combine CO2 molecules from the air with H2O molecules to make carbohydrates (for example, sugar) and other organic compounds. In the process, oxygen molecules (O2) are released to the atmosphere. At CO2 levels less than 150 ppm (parts per million), most plants stop growing. Over most of the history of multicellular life on earth, CO2 levels have been three or four times higher than present levels. Current CO2 levels of 400 ppm are still much less than optimum for most plant growth.

Cool

Pipdips

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 05, 2019, 01:35:44 AM

I think the earth is simply moving in a solar system. The sun has phases and explosions, and nublas exploding. The earth is right next to a giant star. There is a lot going on in the universe. A change is climate on earth is also due to humans polluting the place.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: