Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:36:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is holding for 1 year considered short term or long term?  (Read 567 times)
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:33:58 AM

As per definition in the investopedia the long-term investments are those that exceed the 1 year above, so it's safe to say that 1 year holding of coins is considered a short term investments we could only consider it as long-term if we hold for about to 2 years above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:42:33 AM

One year is enough to considered a long term in holding a specific altcoins or coins. One year is too long in holding a altcoin that has a long term profit. Bitcoin and etherium is a example for a long term profits and for a long term investments. Holding this coins will definitely gives you a high gained in profits when there value goes up.

The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:48:04 AM

Many many people say they are holding this, holding that for the "long term" but please tell me what exactly is your guys definition of "long term"?
For me, 1 year is considered long time. I began investing this January and I will hold one year and cash out everything January 2019. So by your definition, is this more short term or long term? Is 1 year enough time to see gains?  Huh

1 year is long term for crypto market. So many things can be changed in 1 year. Ethereum went from 10 USD to 1500 USD in 1 year.
Exactly one year hold is not a good idea though. We don't know what will happen in January 2019. Maybe we see ATH prices in December or February. Don't limit yourself.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

Zandra

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

24/7 COMMUNITY MANAGER 💯

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:24:20 AM

One year of holding a coin is enough to say it's a long term. Example of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple and Litecoin that crypto coin is have a great potential to growth and this is for long term investment.
Akosibatman

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:55:28 AM

Long-term investment are considered when you have over 1-year holding assets but for me, 1 year is very short time to hold an asset in terms of stocks and mutual funds. But for other investment like this bitcoin/cryptocurrencies 3 years is the limit. Also long-term doesn't mean for years exactly. It means that you invest your money and wait for it to double or triple its amount. So wait for you tokens or coins to double in an investment
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:45:25 AM

As per definition in the investopedia the long-term investments are those that exceed the 1 year above, so it's safe to say that 1 year holding of coins is considered a short term investments we could only consider it as long-term if we hold for about to 2 years above.
I think that in 2018 you should plan long-term investment in good projects and breakthrough ideas. New projects are going through the ICO process with quite a few great ideas that you can follow on the forum. Investing in long-term and supporting your favorite projects instead of short-term trading is risky if you are not a good trader.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:44 AM

Depends on a coins you bet mate,and very important investment amount as well.You cant predict anything on crypto market,cuzz non stable,but if made proper research on the coin youv got,and your good with them,just stick and wait.in 2017 few coins made x 50+ without any serious reason.If your not a trader,just gamble

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:04:14 AM

In US, for tax purposes, holding more than 1 year is considered long-term. Other than that, when used
casually in discussion on these boards, it could vary from person to person. Someone's long term of
3 months is another person's short term.
mountrock

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:11:05 AM

Generally it depends on how young you are. The younger you are the longer it will be. 20 year old investor's long term may vary  between 5 and 50 years.
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:29:48 AM

In banking or financial operations of borrowing and investing, what is considered long-term is usually above 3 years, with medium-term usually between 1 and 3 years and short-term usually under 1 year. It is also used in some countries to indicate a fixed term investment such as a term deposit.
It might also applies for cryptocurrency investment but a lot of crypto investors and holders consider 1 year as a long term, it might due to rapid fluctuation and high volatility of the coins.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:46:23 AM

For me 1 year of holding  a coin is  shorterm because for me the meaning of longterm is  few years or means 2 years and up.  But for sure we have different meanings of shorterm or longterm.  But if you want to earn more profit better if you hold your coins for few years or for longterm why?  Because if you do that you cn wait the price to increase very high and for sure if that happen you will earn a lot of profit.
nndep3m

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:50:18 AM

Short term. Yes yes.. I know in crypto a single day is equivalent to ten years in the traditional markets, but the reality is that if you're looking for a good, long-term return, then holding for years is the best way to go. Look at the roadmaps of most projects, they're based on 2-3 years in the future before they achieve their main goals. If you really are trying to find the "next Google" which is probably the reason you got into crypto investing in the first place, then you should hodl for years.

DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:06:20 AM

for 1 year that's long term to me and the 1 month to 3 months that's I considered short term, so if you hold the coin for 1 year I think its enough time to make profit.

jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 07:44:46 AM

Many many people say they are holding this, holding that for the "long term" but please tell me what exactly is your guys definition of "long term"?
For me, 1 year is considered long time. I began investing this January and I will hold one year and cash out everything January 2019. So by your definition, is this more short term or long term? Is 1 year enough time to see gains?  Huh

It would be long term for me. I am more of a short term trader so holding a coin for one year would be long term. You might want to monitor your coin holdings from time to time and take some profits if it pumps and then buy when it goes lower so that you would be able to take opportunity of the swings. You don't necessarily have to monitor the charts all the time but if you can see that double in price and there is possibility it would go down then you can sell it and buy lower so you can have more stash and more profit.

Hillthy

Activity: 229
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:12:16 AM

investing to hold for a year I think is too long but for people who are a lot of money does not matter, if I prefer 5 top altcoin to trade every day it can more quickly gain profit
yes, Holding one year is a long term investment. It is like depositing money into a bank for interest arising at a term of 1.3 years. Short term matching trader. They have the experience and intuition to hold or sell.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:13:28 AM

for 1 year that's long term to me and the 1 month to 3 months that's I considered short term, so if you hold the coin for 1 year I think its enough time to make profit.
Holding for one year is really considered as long term but you have to expect of profit. Because holding this for long term is a serious matter your having an extra effort to save coin in your wallet. So you must check if a coin is worth it after all of hodling coins.
moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:46:05 AM

I would generally consider one year to be medium term and 2+ years long term but some projects have faster development/roadmaps

coolws

Activity: 126
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:10:59 PM

For me, it depends on coins. If it related with BTC or top 10 coins, it would be the short-term investment since it would optimize, make the change and make the world better since its decentralization. If it related with new ICO projects, it would be a long-term period, no one can predict it can still exist in the next year.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ciciteng

Activity: 168
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

Yes, one year is also considered as a long term HODL.
I'm sure there are a lot of happening in this 12 months term. In the mean time you can really see the progression of your coin.
You can enjoy a little profit by selling it when you think the price is good in the midway. Otherwise, dont care about that and stright to end of year selling or continue to next year HODL.
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 03:05:03 PM

One year in Crypto is a long term, because things happen very fast in the space, only few projects have sustain their marketcap in a year talkless of moving higher on the marketcap rank. I still think most of these projects would failed and there is no need to over commit on mostof these projects

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████