Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:32:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who Are ETH's Biggest Competitors?  (Read 733 times)
TheBartender (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:04:13 AM

I personally HODL ETH as I view it as the top blockchain in terms of what ICO's and projects use. If your opinion(s) out there, who do you think are their biggest competitors in terms of ICO's and blockchain projects?

I have heard that NEO is one of them but I'm curious to know who else could challenge them in that regard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:09:16 AM

Besides NEO, I personally think Waves could be a worthy competitor after the smart contracts are implemented.  Waves has a strong team and have been marketing it's project very well.  The Waves DEX is also nice because it eliminates the fear of losing tokens on centralized exchanges if they get hacked. 
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:11:14 AM

https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/
View the Platform column, all coins you see here are platform coins which you can view as Eth competitors
johnsaributua

Activity: 840
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 05:15:44 AM

Besides NEO, I personally think Waves could be a worthy competitor after the smart contracts are implemented.  Waves has a strong team and have been marketing it's project very well.  The Waves DEX is also nice because it eliminates the fear of losing tokens on centralized exchanges if they get hacked. 

yes, agree with you, I think so too, the wave will be a competitor to ethereum (ETH), because the wave has a character and platform similar to ethereum, that is, the smartcontract feature.
besides waves, I think NXT will also be one of the competitors, because NXT also has a similar platform.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:20:01 AM

its true ETH is a currency worth holding, other altcoins haven't quite been able to close the gap, but i too share the though that NEO might be strong in future, i also think waves has a great potential.
DirtyMiner

Activity: 48

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:20:23 AM

Universa (UTN) - Brings the best of both ETH & BTC. Making massive strides on a weekly basis in the corporate/political world, will be a top 10 coin by the 2019.

Besides that my next one would be WAVES, it just does everything right and is perfect for ANYONE to simply get started with their own token.

Lastly I gotta mention little ol ECC the coin that just keeps chuggin, not an ETH killer but will be a formidable platform in the future.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:22:30 AM

I agree with major responses here, NEO is one of the challenger. forget about Lisk and other altcoins previously i used to think Lisk as a huge contestant but now seeing the organisation i fear.

TheBartender (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:11 AM

https://coinmarketcap.com/tokens/
View the Platform column, all coins you see here are platform coins which you can view as Eth competitors

Very handy. Always used the site but never used the tabs!
KriptoFull

Activity: 394

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:38 AM

I think there should be no doubt here,and it is clear that the Ethereum competitor is bitcoin!After all, it all started with bitcoin!In second place Ethereum, then BCH and then the other altcoins!
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:23:52 AM

I personally HODL ETH as I view it as the top blockchain in terms of what ICO's and projects use. If your opinion(s) out there, who do you think are their biggest competitors in terms of ICO's and blockchain projects?

I have heard that NEO is one of them but I'm curious to know who else could challenge them in that regard.

WAVES and NEO.

None of them are close at the moment. Almost all ICOs are still conducted on the Ethereum blockchain and not NEO or WAVES, which means that pretty much most of these projects are still at the speculation only phase.

ETH should remain to be the number 1 smart contract coin for a while to come. At least for a year to 2 years at minimum.
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:42:41 AM

I think EOS, NEO and ICX are the biggest competitors. But the good thing is that they are also complimentary. I believe that these will grow together as they have a slightly different market segment.

maemunah

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:48:33 AM

that's really what you say. and my prediction is also so competitor ETH ya NEO it because the coin NEO it has a very big potential also like ETH
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:49:34 AM

Let's not forget EOS that is going to launch its platform in June. At its inception, it was advertised as Ethereum Killer that I doubt. But it can be a good competitor to Ethereum.
Acguy

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 05:52:06 AM

To list a few i would say waves, eos, cardano, and iota, but people don't care as much of the tech than what came first and ethereum is the first of it's kind just like bitcoin.

▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
           ▄██▄
         ▄██████▄
       ▄███▀  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀ ▄██▄ ▀███▄
   ▄███▀ ▄██▀▀██▄ ▀███▄
 ▄███▀ ▄██▀    ▀▀▀  ▀███▄
██████████████████████████
 ▀███▄  ▄▄▄    ▄██▀ ▄███▀
   ▀███▄ ▀██▄▄██▀ ▄███▀
     ▀███▄ ▀██▀ ▄███▀
       ▀███▄  ▄███▀
         ▀██████▀
           ▀██▀
ANN Thread     WhitePaper
Facebook     Telegram     Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███
███
  █
███
    █
█ 
█ 
█ 

███
  █
███
███
TheBartender (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:21:06 AM

Thanks. I'm going to research WAVES. I really haven't spent much time with it but seems like there's a consensus here.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:40:45 AM

I think ripple is an eth rival, not a look at their altcoin type, but in terms of market volume, eth and ripple market volumes always precede each other, sometimes eth is positioned second after bitcoin and sometimes ripple occupies runner up position

JaRViZZ

Activity: 246

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:11:18 AM

For me it's litecoin or waves, but to a lesser extent. Let's see how development will progress and then draw conclusions as far as we were right.

STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:14:19 AM

I think there are 2 competitors for eth. It's Neo and EOS. It's too early to talk about EOS. If developers implement the idea of ​​asynchronous smart contracts, which will give a transaction speed of more than 100,000 per second, it will be very cool. And then EOS will be a real competitor to the ethereum.

CryptoCare55

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 07:20:19 AM

Without any doubt, Ethereum is worth holding with a fact that it is running its own race. Currently, no other altcoin is capable enough to compete with Ethereum. But we can say that NEO is potential enough to come close to Ethereum in a long run.
FinbarAdley

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:20:52 AM

These 4 block chain contenders have a competition with ETH

QTUM

Ethereum Classic

Cardano

&

NEO
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: