Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to choose ico that is not a scam? i newbie many ask  (Read 512 times)
rickybtc (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:56:28 AM

Hello guys... Wink

the development of the era, the more advanced technology and now ico many scam, I am here want to ask how to choose ico how?
please enlighten the teachers here
I need a lot of guidance

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:59:38 AM

Hello guys... Wink

the development of the era, the more advanced technology and now ico many scam, I am here want to ask how to choose ico how?
I need a lot of guidance
The profile of the team is one of the thing you need to consider, some developer do hide their identity.... Check medichain, its a good project by great developer
Rostock

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:03:00 AM

I think that it is worth looking at the project itself, what this company wants to do. The second is to look at the developers. Just look at the amount of money that this company wants to raise during the conduct of the ICO, the amount of money on the bounty company.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rickybtc (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:05:48 AM

Verry good information
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:07:09 AM

Just do some research. Ex, you must check their team and make sure they're legit. Some ico using fake profile so be carefull. Usually if they're using real team, then its legit.

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
Saisher

Activity: 2296
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:13:24 AM
Merited by joelsamuya (1)

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

Check the people behind the project if they are real people and they are experts in what they do, you  need an account on linked because majority of these developers do have an account there, also check their roadmap and do a research if they can really implement on what's on it.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
rickybtc (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:13:48 AM

ready, your idea is good i like
Sergey190785

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:45:14 AM

It's really not easy to choose a worthy ISO. If you are a beginner and want to choose ISO for yourself, then first of all read the road map and white paper. Also not a little significant, what the company does ... and believe this is not all that you need to know about the company. It is necessary to get acquainted with this field long and diligently. By trial and error, in the presence of analytical

xindoa

Activity: 194
Merit: 12

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 11:46:37 AM

its not easy these days but we have to say the same answer every time. do your research. read the whitepaper, if the team is known see if they can have done previous things.
and sometimes you need a bit of luck

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:57:15 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
My friend I cant denied that to choose ICO is not an easy way but we have many basis and that is the Profile of their Team,Platform,Roadmap and Whitepaper.This things really can help you because a lot of ideas and function of their ICO will reflect on how they visualize the information to make us satisfied.We have a lot of time to get research and make positive at all the time so that it could reflect to positive succession.
hridoyb

Activity: 826

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
Yes nowdays people are lost for invest their money on scam project because we are not research any project before invest.First you read carefully whaitepaper &roadmap  than try to know their team member or sponsor.I think project depends on hardworking for team member and their sponsor.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
rickybtc (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

Thankss a lot my friends
Xardasim

Activity: 1624

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:35:34 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
Firstly you must read their whitepaper and check its technology that based on to which kind of project. Another key point needed to be concerned is the roadmap of the project and the team behind it. Except that the ICO chosen should bring a unique innovation or technique to the cryptocurrency world.
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:45:10 PM

Once you find an interesting ICO, do not bother yourself much about all the technical details, the website should give you a summary of what the project is all about and you will know if it is worth pushing on or not.

The most important thing is to dig everything about the team, their past experience and the possibility of being able to work and deliver. Also, do not invest in empty promises, check out if there is a product already. Afterwards, you can now check out the whitepaper, roadmap and make your decision.
skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 12:46:08 PM

Just do some research. Ex, you must check their team and make sure they're legit. Some ico using fake profile so be carefull. Usually if they're using real team, then its legit.

I'd also recommend reading the thousands of the ICO guides found here, and in general, just learning before actually investing.
rickybtc (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:47:49 PM

Okey okey guyss thanksssss
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:06:08 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
just check the information you need as bounty participant, think as a person, as an investor, not just a participant to their bounty program. read their platform or their whitepaper, to have major details like the team who runs the project, and also check their background.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 01:21:06 PM

Even though it is difficult to differentiate between genuine and scam ICOs in the initial phase, still there are some techniques/criteria to find out the intentions of the ICO management.

* Identity - If you know or have the public information along with videos of public appearance of the person who involved in the ICO then it is a good sign.

* Discussion - If the senior management is ready to discuss with you over a video call then again it is a good sign, you can even ask for the permission of recording the video call and if the person permits then again another good sign.

* Past Projects - If the identity of the management is public then you will be able to take the look on the past projects/performance of the people involved in it.

These are some basic parameters to consider any ICO even for the initial research purpose. In investment, one should go for the deep research.
AlisA330

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

With the intention of newbies to invest in ICO projects, it is best to target icodrops.com and icobench.com,
where you should select the projects with the highest rating. This will reduce the likelihood of investing in fraudulent ICO.
NewbieCollector

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:40:38 PM

hello:) seen quite a few comments down there. The advice given is great.
Look at the soft/low caps, WP, a technology side and an advisors' parts of the project. They are the signs the project is not a scam!
just had bad experience in trapping myself in one of them lately. the one's called Vechain. The ICO is over, but there’s still no working blockchain in place, and at GitHub there’s also nothing. They basically look like a scam. Now I've switched to VLB one. The guys looking promising to me as their team is advised by IBM and QIWI, the soft/hard caps are great as well as their WP. no doubt, there are much more examples out there, just shared mine,
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:56:36 PM

Pay attention to the idea of the project ,see all the documents , white paper . Check the team to see if there are any partners from successful companies . There are a lot of factors , sometimes everything seems to be perfect , look at 5 + , but actually turns out to be a Scam
YaNinaMurmansk

Activity: 171

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:01:16 PM

To find a good project it is necessary: to understand how everything is arranged. Maybe there is a mentor who can help in emerging issues. You need to study the project, read the white paper, the route. To understand whether the project is long-term. What budget is allocated. After making a decision.)
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:06:53 PM

To choose ico that is not a scam, you should first read the whitepaper of the coin you are to invest to. That is probably the thing that you need to do in order for you to do. And if you found out that their project has a cause, then go and invest.
Hati

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:07:33 PM

I'm not a teacher, but this is what I think  Wink. To invest in an ICO I think the most important is to do a thorough and detailed investigation of all aspects of the project and the team. See if the project has a real application, if what it proposes is feasible, real advisors and who are committed to the project, if team members are active and show their identity publicly and at events, investigate past projects in which the team members have involved, and so on. And finally, don't get carried away by the hype or the opinions of others, trust your own criteria.
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:12:06 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
we need to be careful in finding ico for us to follow. especially now that many ico are scem sometimes, so we need to know and understand the iconya also or not we follow-follow monitor just continue.
Iyeman

Activity: 1183

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:14:30 PM

To choose ico that is not a scam, you should first read the whitepaper of the coin you are to invest to. That is probably the thing that you need to do in order for you to do. And if you found out that their project has a cause, then go and invest.
Whitepaper could be faked, simply hire someone else who has experience on writing whitepaper and trying to make it don't looks fishing and do proofreading, then you get a whitepaper.
What matter most in my opinion is the member of the developer team. If the people there is well known. big chance that the project won't turn out to be scam.
There's already so many project that have whitepaper, making good looking website, but ended up to be scam, so whitepaper can't make certain whether a project is scam or not.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:14:38 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

1. You look at the team. Because if they will just take your money and wanish that will be worst that can happen.
2. You look at the team. Because if they will just take your money and set themself good salaries for their CEO, ... positions and enjoy their time on some beach that will be second worst thing that can happen.
3. You look at the team. Because if they are incapable to do what is written in their whitepaper that will be third worst thing that can happen.
4. You look at their product. Because if blockchain in their product is used just to make an ICO and beside that they can have just normal much cheaper central database their product will not be able to compete. And to support product that cant compete is fourth worst thing that can happen to you.
emmmmm

Activity: 210

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:19:56 PM

First of all, a good ICO project has a good team and marketing team, and good ICO project is very hot, which can be judged from the number of telegram group.
But now that the entire cryptocurrency market is in a bear market, investing in ICO is not a good option.

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:22:22 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

Been encountering the same old questions. Better if you just scroll through the pages, there are several posts about this same topic but to answer your question here are some key points to consider:

1. Team/Developer
2. Working  Product
3. Roadmap
4. White paper
5. Expert's critics and reviews (There are sites for this.)

anjohyx

Activity: 451

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

Check project have list on popular ICO website or not, check their telegram channel , read project whitepaper, check their pre-sale or private sales collect how much fund, go to YouTube search project reviews, if everything is ok then project safe to invest

klebsiella

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:32:21 PM

The first and the most important thing to do is READ! Do a complete research about the project. Know their goals. Is it realistic or not? Scam projects usually makes bold claims, even if the project offers nothing new. Study the whitepaper, this is where you can find the specific explanation on how their project works. It is also relevant to know who is behind the project. Check their backgrounds and if they have been involved in previous projects.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
Mystogan915

Activity: 320

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

Check the ICO if it is active or not, and try to check their facebook , twitter bounties some of reviews in Facebook. They said that the project is scam, I experienced it last time also check their Bounties, White paper and other information about the ICO
belal12

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

read the whitepaper and see their project, if the team is activ and popular then you can sure about this ico, so you will find before invest.
curry101

Activity: 271

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:01:33 PM

Just research a lot about that ico. Reading its white paper and all about the information of their project, knowing all the dev team members if they are all experienced and also watching theres videos all about there icos.

eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:05:08 PM

There are some resources available. These websites score ICO's: icotop.io, icospedia.com, wiserico.com, icomarks.com, icobench.com, foxico.io, trackico.io. Of course like most things crypto, it takes time and experience to develop a discerning eye.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:12:21 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

Even a project has a transparent team, bright roadmaps and good whitepaper, we can't say that 100% they will not turned into scam.

So to minimized it, we must consider these things:

-Media Exposure
-Helding a conference
-Reviews about the project in certain crypto forum and platforms (bitcointalk, reddit etc.)

Still not an assurance though but at least we can minimize the risks.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:20:05 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
The first thing we need to study their whitepaper if it was copied from another project then it is a scam project but now a days most of them.are doing scam project in perfect way so we need to research about their team and the roadmap also important,if any of them is suspicious then it is chance for the scam project.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:33:34 PM

The best way to choose good ICO is to following good ICO influencers , you can find on social media, telegram, youtube etc some of them have spreadsheet you can follow as well. One of them is Ian Balina etc .
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:45:38 PM

To choose ICO that is not scam is to read more in whitepaper. Whitepaper can help you to know the concept and platform of the ICO. In this way, you will know more in ICO and the roadmap of there perspective in there ICO. Choose an ICO that has a unique platform and a unique to have a great allocation and sometimes it is great to achieve there hardcap in there investment of ICO. Sometimes, advisors is a big help to its ICO because advisors are going to advice the ICO leadership and it can help to achieve the ICO there desired platform.

JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:47:43 PM

There are so many ways to find out a legit ICO project to invest. At first you can try to use icobench or icoscanner to find out good ICO project. Beside if you have enough knowledge about ICO project you can easily find out good ICO project by yourself by checking WP, dev team and Roadmap. At last I often use this way to find out good ICO project, it's find bounty campaign that managed by legit bounty manager like Yahoo, deadley,....these managers only manage bounty campaign of good ICO project only Smiley

NathanJB

Activity: 756

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:50:39 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

There are several things you will have to patiently do in order for you to make sure you that you are choosing a legit ICO. This is not as easy as you may think but at least you are doing something to keep you safe from scams. You really have to read the whitepaper of projects. You also need to check their website carefully for the details. And please get to know the developers of the project as well as their backgrounds.
procopiapao

Activity: 46

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:07:54 PM

Do some research about the project you are interested to join and you should read the whitepaper provided by that campaign. Another tip, you should not only read and understand, learn to analyze.
hachiman13

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:11:08 PM

A project managed by a good and trusted member of this forum is often an indicator of a great project. But of course that is just from an initial inspection. You can further research the team and their profile (if it is faked of not) and most of all evaluate if the project really has a good and viable idea.
rickybtc (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:17:51 AM

Yesssss do it i aggre with u
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:22:27 AM

First thing is community, second is advisor, third is your luck and belief.
Good luck!
satria33

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:37:56 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

if you want to invest better you read first the whitepaper because usually on whitepaper there is a lot of information about their project, and I think you should know who the team and who are partners who join them
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:50:52 AM

There are helpful site that will guide you on what good ICOs to choose from like the icobench.com, it will give you a rating and benchmark on some upcoming and ongoing ICOs. Another way to choose is to follow their activities like media exposures and event participations.
jinksters09

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:55:09 AM

Background of the developer is what I am the course the most because you kind of determine there whether he/she is for real on developing his coin; also you might want to check the project strategy of the team because if you feel like it would lead to nowhere then you shouldn't invest on it. Also the last one is trust your intuition it is one of the best asset you could rely on.

Asuka

Activity: 115

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:16:26 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
There are many  ICO in the Crypto World and most of them are great profitable and yes there scam but only few. To know if the ICO are not scam for me it's definitely hard, you should do a research read the WhitePaper check the Roadmap and the Team of project.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:30:50 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
Before you decide to invest in a project, you first need to find out about the background of the project, team, roadmap, and equally important is the community's assessment of the project. However, not the community is always right but it will make it easy for you to recognize a scam project

rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:48:37 AM

It is not a trivial task, but one fundamental advice is to never trust easy earnings or certain profit promises. There is no free lunch.
HappyMod

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

ICO Communtiy Management & Engagement happymod.io

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 04:52:52 AM

I see quite some interesting comments here, here is what I personally do:

- I take a look at their website lay-out
- I look at their team
- I look at their whitepaper (globally)
- I join the Telegram channel and ask several questions. Usually, you can find out if a project is legit or not by asking some difficult questions. Also, make sure they don't use a lot of bots in their Telegram channel to make it look bigger.

Startup for Cryptocurrency Community Management, Engagement and Marketing. Expert in ICO Advising and moderation of social media platforms happymod.io
cobak pole

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:19:24 AM

you should first see the website that has been created for the project, once you believe that altcoin will be good in the future with the policy of the project that we can understand the project is good or not.
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:26:08 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance
The profile of the team is one of the thing you need to consider, some developer do hide their identity.... Check medichain, its a good project by great developer

I think to know the ICO is a scam or not very difficult, because we can not see from the team information on the website only, because there are also ICO who have information about his team but still a scam.

bananafana

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

This is a great question. I've never been on a bad side of an investment, thankfully. I just try to do as much research as possible about a project. I look at the team, the work they have done, the marketing they do, etc. I try to figure out if their project seems feasible and if it solves a practical problem. I like to see development, but I understand that sometimes it is not possible early on. I also like to see what the community has to say about the project. Ultimately, investing is risky business but you can't ever gain anything without risk.
Mr. Ar_Mongi

Activity: 332
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:47:27 AM

First of all, you need to look at the developers - if there is  opportunity it would be nice to talk to them and find out what and how. If developers are enthusiasts and love their project, actively engaged in its development and PR, it is likely-it's not a SCAM, but if they they do not actively inform people about their project and development, the idea behind this project no, it is likely a SCAM.

Idun

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:32:46 PM

I think that the most important thing is to make a thorough and detailed study of the team and all aspects of the project, and based on that and your experience, draw your own conclusions. And then you can compare your conclusions with expert's critics and reviews to see if there is something you have not taken into account.
elnikova94

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:57:43 PM

hello:) seen quite a few comments down there. The advice given is great.
Look at the soft/low caps, WP, a technology side and an advisors' parts of the project. They are the signs the project is not a scam!
just had bad experience in trapping myself in one of them lately. the one's called Vechain. The ICO is over, but there’s still no working blockchain in place, and at GitHub there’s also nothing. They basically look like a scam. Now I've switched to VLB one. The guys looking promising to me as their team is advised by IBM and QIWI, the soft/hard caps are great as well as their WP. no doubt, there are much more examples out there, just shared mine,

i can add that the team is also very important, not just advisors. they shoulde be quite experienced and have a deep understanding of the market. VLB, the project you've mentioned, is a really good example. one of its founders, Oskar Hartman is in charge of such successful projects as CarFix and CarPrice, which're already established and working.
SportsbookBettor

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:04:09 PM

I think that the most important thing is to make a thorough and detailed study of the team and all aspects of the project, and based on that and your experience, draw your own conclusions. And then you can compare your conclusions with expert's critics and reviews to see if there is something you have not taken into account.

This is the process that we need to do. Identify all the teams and if that person is real or not because sometimes scammers use picture of different person especially people that are famous then name it different. Although sometimes we can't predict if ico will be going to scam or not and if we wanna know the only option is to try. We just do research and i think it will help a lot.

aaaamm
MartoValenti

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:17:31 PM

Choosing ICO, no matter for what, invest or bounty campaign for me is always through the same process. Research, research and again research. Also, I read the whitepaper and any possible information regarding the project. Also, the twitter info, regarding the project and try to find anything else in the net, regarding the project. Also, check the bounty manager. If the bounty manager is someone with a lot of ICOs and he has prove himself and the icos that he represent, than, the project should be ok.... Grin
yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:32:34 PM

you don't have to make decisions right away especially if you are just a beginner to PICK Initial Coin offering that is Not scam, you should or must know the Background of the Projects team, on how will you prove that They are Really Trusted, what to do? do some research about it especially to the Coin you wanted to Invest in. Read Whitepaper Read articles regarding to it and prove that all you have read is legit and accurate. Try to check, read and review about VLB. Their first presale was conducted on dec 2017 and was postponed because the cap was high but the good thing is, the team of VLB, refunded all the money they have collected to their investors, what A great assurance that VLB team is Trusted. if you want to learn more do some research about it but if you want to invest don't be late on their presale.
kiwanangeri

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:19:35 AM

AIRDROP: Free 1,000.00 MOZ ERC20 Token - Airtime Transfer Network to Emerging Markets

Token Name: MobileRechargez ERC20 Token
Symbol: MOZ
Total Supply: 10,000,000,000 Tokens
Airdrop: 1,000.00 Tokens / ETH address
Total Airdrop: 9,000,000,000 Tokens
Send ETH to contract address: 0x40d327c15e32237df97663dfc7df130c55aec696
Min 0.0005 ETH donation for listing on exchanger
Estimate 1.0 USD per token after listing on exchanger
Gas Limit: 120000
Gas Price: 5
Tokens will be distributed immediately upon confirmation of payment.

* About MobileRechargez.com:
- Send mobile recharges to 135 countries with 550+ operators
- Best-in-class technology for top-ups with operator identification
- No registration required, send directly to any prepaid mobile number
- Credited instantly in local currency to recipient
- High value for recipients in all emerging markets

* The leading way to send mobile top-ups recharges to over 4.5 billion mobile phones worldwide, in real-time. According to experts, in two years, the number of mobile subscribers will be up to 10 billion so we are undeniable that the important role of mobile communication. To meet the customer need become higher and higher, mobile top-up store gave useful solution for maintaining the mobile phone lifeblood. America, Europe and Africa will observe significant growth for mobile airtime top-ups with technological innovation and focus on interoperability emerging as prominent trends by 2018.

MobileRechargez.com is the first and unique website to accept payments with Cryptocurrency.

* What is MobileRechargez Coin (MOZ)? MOZ is a ERC20 based token issued by MobileRechargez with a total supply of 10,000,000,000 tokens.

* Characteristics/Advantages of MOZ:
1) Saving in top-up service fees: If you use MOZ in https://mobilerechargez.com you get discounted service fees with the following schedule: 1st year 100%, then 50% for lifetime.
2) Trading: Get money by trading MOZ tokens on exchange. Get 1,000.00 tokens for free per ETH address.

*** YOU WANT TO GET FREE 20,000.00 MOZ TOKENS? PLEASE JOIN OUR GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/216701385546453/ ***
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:23:44 AM

Look for ICO that are detailed in planning and has a good team comprising of developer and business people. Another factor you must also consider is the proposed amount to be raised. Is it realistic that such amount can be raised and does the project require the amount they are asking for.

bitcahunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:17:28 AM

You should read a whitepaper.
Read about team. You should figure out who they are.
konco kereng

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:47:19 AM

I need a lot of guidance
the most important of these jobs is that we need to read and understand what the purpose of the project is, the most important on the website and whitepaper of the project.

►► D E A L J O Y - Earn Crypto by shopping online  (https://dealjoy.io)◄◄
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:08:26 AM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

can be added also to see his bounty manager, usually a good bounty manager will not accept the indiscriminate project that will be held, because the reputation is also influenced for the way forward.
makototachibana

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:15:03 AM

The basis for me to determine if it is good or not is its volume. Because if it has a low volume then there's only few people who patronize it and the sell & buy orders is tenuous. Next is its voltality because the less voltality the less profit you'll get. Yet, the background of that coin when it was an ICO before.
Lerikaweb

Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:19:36 PM

Nobody will give you100% working instructions because they do not exist. You can only come to final decision by learning, reading, asking and comparing. This must be youe effort and your responsibility!

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:21:24 PM

No one is immune from the choice of the ICO scam. You should carefully look at the campaign website, the project team. It is possible to ask questions to consultants and look for the previous experience of the team
CryptoClown

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 03:46:13 PM

Someone told me that 90% of ICOs are only concerned about themselves and turns into scam in the end. You can't really predict if an ICO will turn into a scam eventually but you can take some precautions to identify what ICO is a good investment. First thing to do is to check their whitepaper, for you to know their goals in the long term and everything about the project such as the team behind it. Be sure to check their website too. If you think that its a bit crappy then its time to move on to the next project.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:26:10 PM

Look for ICO that are detailed in planning and has a good team comprising of developer and business people. Another factor you must also consider is the proposed amount to be raised. Is it realistic that such amount can be raised and does the project require the amount they are asking for.

I am quite agree with you. Look in to whitepaper to see the project detail, check all the team background, and calculate if it has realistic cap. But i want to add one thing which is you need to see the partner of their project.

For all of these matters, right now, VLB seems a good choice. Whitepaper check, team check, cap check, partnership check. Considering that, i believe it is a great project with big potential in the market as an utility token, so i decided to choose VLB over others.
NikoLove

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

Hi All!!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048215.0
it's online platform of gold mining company on Ethereum blockchain
All Tokens Golden Resource have an physical gold in real world.
1 000 GDR = 1 ounce gold
GDR - Coin by backed gold reserves of three gold deposits:
Lysogorsky deposit,Seybinsky deposit,Kuturchinsky square
Bounty campaign 19 weeks 02/03/2018-12/06/2018 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3048054.0

Join!

Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:21:59 PM

In my opinion after commenting on similar topics and analyzing the current market, there are  that come with some basic principles of a quality ICO:

- Quality in project and Whitepaper.
- Determination and flexibility of the team.
- Clarity and commitment.

Even with these qualities, we are still subject to scam, it is relative and almost impossible to say with 100% certainty whether any part is a scam or not.
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:18:16 PM

If you want to be safe I think one of the great things I read on this thread was to check and see if the people on the project are real. Just that alone can help so much, if people are scamming more than likely they are trying to hide their identity. Here is a project not even at ICO yet tackling making crypto mainstream, but with people are are normal and real lol.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480
oliviancool

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:41:44 PM

Read more feedback on any project or platform. Just look at the reviews of reputable analysts if you can find.Read whitepapers better and properly.In general, it is very difficult to identify charlatans in our time. So always think about the fact that you can lose a little cache))
trollercoaster
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:46:40 PM

Hello guys... Wink

I need a lot of guidance

Like this guy said and, to no surprise, I would suggest checking out Thrive. It's a solid project with a good team.  Grin

There are many, MANY good projects. Use the insights given here, it'll mostly lead you to good but remember, this is a new market full of volatility and no one can give you guaranteed profits. If someone is guaranteeing profit, it's most likely a scam, stay away for your own good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: