Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 07:58:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money vs Barter  (Read 1841 times)
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:49:42 AM

From my own personal opinion, if you have read the old and traditional way of earning, it was called barter trading. Since then our ancestors trade their goods for something they need and want. That is when the government decided to print and create money in exchange of every service and goods you take. That is what i have read something about old economic system.

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:06:42 AM

That's why the money was invented to eliminate all the inconveniences of barter transactions. Barter, this is practically a relic of the past, the Middle Ages. The barter begins to be valued only during the period of hyperinflation in the state or during a period of significant cataclysms, natural or social. We better not go down to barter deals.

funnynews

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 10:53:09 AM

Barter can be useful in some cases, we use that in our small business here in neighborhood sometimes, to exchange some goods and materials that we need.

virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:34:56 PM

Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?
This is the actual reason that why barter system finished. It is the modern age and in this age new developments came to the scene and in these modern fields it is not possible to work out from those old systems that is why the new system. The system of money is introduced for the modern age. I think we do not have to think about the systems which are now old and are out of work.
Kertmu

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2018, 12:39:25 PM

Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?
Of course money is a currency, and when bartering you get a product that someone else has to sell to get that day. when bartering, you can get a non-spec, which for a long time can freeze the working capital fund of your capital.
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

Lol… your example of selling services as a consultant to the Bank and getting paid with money is not really the perfect definition. It’s in no way having anything to do with barter. When you do a consulting job for the bank in an exchange for getting paid with money, man what you’re doing is a job, you’re actually working for the bank and not doing trade by barter.

Trade by barter can only exist between two people, when they exchange what they have to get another– let me say that I have a Gucci shoes which I no longer need, but needed Versace shoes. Luckily for me, you happen to have a Versace pair of shoes which you’re ready to exchange for a Gucci pair of shoes. When we both decide on giving what we have to get another, then it’s a trade by barter.
cryptostardom

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 09:40:34 AM

Introduction to money has helped a lot, since the old barter trading and exchanges would have been very difficult because the world is constantly changing and new Technologies are being introduced everyday. For such technologies like the digital currency it would have been very difficult to trade with the barter system.
mobiljonson

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:33:05 AM

the barter system has occurred since there is a payment system that is again the current trend. Barter is exchanging goods of equal value
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:54:13 AM

Money is far away better than barter because when we talk about barter, it is about exchanging things to something and it can be manipulative if the person is smart enough to fool the other person about the value of his item that he is offering while money has a fixed value that the people can easily look at to determine if he is paying or exchanging enough value.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:10:23 AM

Barter can be useful in some cases, we use that in our small business here in neighborhood sometimes, to exchange some goods and materials that we need.
Barter era are being gone in some places because of technology but yeah it is still possible to done this thing in so many ways as long as the buyer and seller agreed upon. It just like trading you are buying the coins you want and the seller will sold his holdings to meet the demand and his own satisfaction.
Scavagers

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:21:30 AM

Barter existed many years ago where the concept of currency is not yet established,it is also used when there is monetary crisis. People would trade goods which they do not have in their lands so they can make use of products of other lands. The reason why it does not much used in this time is because of the emergence of the concept of money. The advantage of having a medium of exchange is that you do not need to have a product to trade to have a product that you want,you can simply pay money and have something you want. It is also many times more convenient than doing barter trades.
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:32:20 AM

The evolution of money has a better output compared to barter practices, This is the most easier way to transact goods and services because enables you to do it quickly and and more comfortable to process rather the traditional method (barter).
Kez1817

Activity: 909
Merit: 17

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:53:54 AM

That is true,money is very important because it serves as a medium of exchange. You can't do barter anytime because not all you need you can get through barter to someone. Today you need money to get what you want and to buy all your needs. Today,people can exchange goods and services in money.You work in exchange of money. Barter only happen person to person if they have goods or services they want to exchange each other. Unlike the first time that monetary system not yet established only people do barter. We are now in a computer generation with new and modern technology which always need money to exchange for goods and services.

MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:59:50 AM

There were many difficulties in barter system that's why money is established and it is a medium of exchange for many thins for which a loss and difficulty is high in barter and money is the good way to do transaction in the world.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 12:51:20 PM

if we do barter it is not wrong in certain conditions, but I think that means we are going backwards in the world of economic civilization, because the money was created to overcome the problem while doing a barter such as the different needs of two people who make this transaction can be overcome by using currency
robotrobert

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:43:23 AM

Lol… barter is of no use these days. Even in your neighborhood these days, there are lots of stores here and there where you can get what you need with your money. And these days when you need something from your neighbors, it requires no trade by barter, all you do is to just beg for that if it’s possible, or you can ahead to buy it from them… If that’s what is required. So no more trade by barter, although I know there are people that still does it, but it’s no that popular now.
RasicaOla12

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:19:27 AM

Barter is a method of exchanging goods and services little known
This method has its origins in the past, when money was not available to you (not officially money), they do not use the money to buy each other's goods, or exchange goods. as primitive
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:39:39 AM

From my own personal opinion, if you have read the old and traditional way of earning, it was called barter trading. Since then our ancestors trade their goods for something they need and want. That is when the government decided to print and create money in exchange of every service and goods you take. That is what i have read something about old economic system.
yeah it's a traditional financial system in the past decades, but in some areas of my country it's still preserving this barter system, but I think this barter system could be detrimental because you might trade it for a lower item, then government make money/currency with a certain rate to make it easier
ClackKendi

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:45:58 AM

Money is a tool for us to trade products other than barter. You can buy something through money or sell something to receive non-cash such as barter. The same money will be exchanged for items of equal value
jayar_cabaltera17

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:08:34 PM

Money is one of the most thing in the world because your power is depends on how many money you have. Barter was consider as a money many years ago and traditional way to had another product you want but now adays money is much better than barter or trading system before because you can put money in the bank to secure your account unlike before easily to take your possession if someone was want to get your goods or anything that can trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: