Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Money vs Barter  (Read 1832 times)
gamalzour

Activity: 566
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 05:40:51 AM

Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?
If we were still using the barter system in doing exchange, then there wouldn’t be anything like banks. We have banks because of the current way we do exchange. Everything now has values and instead of you exchanging what you have for what you don’t have  you make use of money to buy and also keeping the things you have.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:18:15 PM

actually, barter have advantages. barter no need money to exchange what you need. so if you dont have money, you can barter with what they need. you as consultant can make over the other thing what you have to get some clothes. so, its not depend on you are work as consultant or other job.
money, can be better solution to create thing like of you have it, you can exchange woth anything you want, as long as the value is good.
so, you can use barter if someone want and deal about what you do.
Well, I think, some people still use barter, and of course that might be quite profitable. well, but, I think that is rarely found, because for those who have money, they may not need barter.
Barter may not seem to have a place for most of the people around the world but barter is everywhere but when you use money you just call it negotiation, if you want to buy something you could pay the full price but it is always useful to ask if that is really the best price and try to get a better one, that way you save money and you increase your experience and that will also help you to save money in the future.
jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 09:34:27 AM

Money is one of the important concepts, This section talks about money from the perspective of microeconomics.when people exchange goods and services without using money, this is called barter. "I'll cook dinner if you'll do the dishes" is an example of barter. Imagine an economy in wich i can sell services as a consultant to banks, but what i want is to buy a new suit. the clothing store that sell suits does not have any use for my services as a banking consultant. i sell consulting services for money, and i buy a suit using money. money serves as a medium of exchange. the bank does not sell suits. how can barter work?

Barter system is hard to implemented in modern economic system. Modern economic system require fast transaction record and money concept very useful. The problem with money right now is central banks always print money and market always flooded and its increasing inflation
mbluxs

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 11:01:54 AM

actually, barter have advantages. barter no need money to exchange what you need. so if you dont have money, you can barter with what they need. you as consultant can make over the other thing what you have to get some clothes. so, its not depend on you are work as consultant or other job.
money, can be better solution to create thing like of you have it, you can exchange woth anything you want, as long as the value is good.
Well, I think, some people still use barter, and of course that might be quite profitable. well, but, I think that is rarely found, because for those who have money, they may not need barter.
yes I think, barter money has the same thing as buying what is needed. if in the past it used a type of barter not money. if you now use money as a means of payment.
massbuldog

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 06:38:03 AM

But Barter system has so many limitations and it is not very useful in every day activities like paying for doctor’s appointment and various others. In addition, the international transactions flop in the barter thing.
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 10:08:05 AM

Barter is the lowest and most backward form of financial relations in society. The current economy will develop very little if barter relations exist. The use of national paper money is a simple and reliable way of commodity relations and so far it has no alternative. Cryptocurrency has many advantages, however, there are many disadvantages, and considering them, it can only go in parallel with the national money of the states.

nur rochid

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 01:31:07 PM

Barter is the lowest and most backward form of financial relations in society. The current economy will develop very little if barter relations exist. The use of national paper money is a simple and reliable way of commodity relations and so far it has no alternative. Cryptocurrency has many advantages, however, there are many disadvantages, and considering them, it can only go in parallel with the national money of the states.
when the transition from barter to money, of course there are many pros and cons, because there must be an agreement to assess a currency, and certainly requires time for that, I think similar to the emergence of cryptocurrency at this time
Godday

Activity: 1526
Merit: 397

dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 02:24:45 PM

This kind of exchange system was popular in the earlier days. Today barter can only be met in small antique shops and bazaar.

I think for the moment barter is rare, because most people today use money as a tool for everything. so barter is sometimes not used anymore. moreover technology is also increasingly advancing. so it's hard to guess if barter will be used.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████

███████████████▀▀███
██
█████████▀▀░░░░███
███████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐███
███▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░████
█▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐████
█████░█▀░░░░░░░█████
█████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐█████
██████░▄███▄░░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
THE BEST CRYPTO MARKETING AGENCY
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██
▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
██░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░██
██░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░██
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄███
████████████▄░██████
████████████████████

████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
Carna

Activity: 8
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:10:09 PM

Well Barter was used in past.  And if we think properly, we can understand that we are using barter now too. Because changing money for products and services is barter. We just stopped to change product for equal product.
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 12:58:41 AM

As we are now approaching the new era of modern technology ,especially in the highly urbanized places ,cities ,barter of goods is no more because this modern era people are llike to use fiat money or digital currency in purchasing of goods , but barter can still works in rural areas especially the mountainous areas wherein the goods in the mountain are barter with goods in the downtown, but for now fiat money and digital currency are now been used worldwide.

iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 01:27:34 AM

in the era of globalization and increasingly advanced technology barter is not a widely used payment system, this system has long been abandoned because it is less efficient and fair, maybe if you are in a poor country like Africa you can still find a transaction system like this
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 25, 2018, 05:55:12 PM

Barter is interesting but I think it will be difficult to find an exchange for the necessary services or goods. With money it's much easier to get what you want. So we cant change situation.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 05:53:03 AM

in the era of globalization and increasingly advanced technology barter is not a widely used payment system, this system has long been abandoned because it is less efficient and fair, maybe if you are in a poor country like Africa you can still find a transaction system like this
Well even before any form of money used, this barter method was the most effective way to trade. Though with the dawn of new technology, it becomes less likely that barter system would be practiced in most parts of the world. Assets aren't fairly distributed to people you know.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:05:16 AM

you're right, a system like this might be very old school. however, I think there are still many people who are always bartering, because basically barter is done because they need each other together. well, but you're also right that this is a problem that's not fair enough. however, believe me, some people are still bartering us to need something, especially if you have something that is not needed, and you can exchange with something that is useful for you.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rhosadah
Copper Member

Activity: 383

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:47:04 AM

First economic growth in each region using buying and selling services uses exchanges to get agricultural produce. You can buy with a few pieces of gold, silver or copper to be used as a benchmark for purchasing goods,
now the era has advanced using money as a legitimate transaction, but in the future it may become even more invisible like the digital currency, one of the initiators is bitcoin and other crypto.
munareal

Activity: 644
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 07:57:31 AM

Barter can not work efficiently in our today's world because of its inefficiency like lack of a common measure of value. The parties cannot be compensated accurately for exchange made. One party will be cheated for lack of a standard measure of value
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 09:15:30 AM

This is for the same reason why we do have money as a standard to use. Without money how can a person use barter sysyem effectively. The concept of money is still the same concept of the barter system. You give the persin money and in exchange the person gives you what your money is worth. The only difference with the real barter system is that anything can be priceless or low valued depending on how one might feel about the exchange of things.

jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:50:15 PM

Money was created to make transactions more efficient rather than barter exchange before. Imagine having a bag of salt and your family is very hungry. You are a trader of salt and each food you can eat has its different traders as well. Before you can eat something like fish, you need to find a fish trader first and it would take time, in short, you will die from waiting for a fish trader to trade his fish to your bag of salt. That's the reason why money was invented/created, to make transactions efficient and accurate.

carodupuis

Activity: 382

Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:45:21 AM

Maybe you go to a store where they are selling suits and offer to do some work for them like cleaning and you know whatever work that is worth the suit you need, lol. Well, if the world was still into trade by barter there will be ways for you to do that and get what you need, you will always have something to exchange with. During the time of trade by barter, I believe there are such things as precious stones, so you can always exchange with them.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:51:38 PM

Barter system is hard to implemented in modern economic system. Modern economic system require fast transaction record and money concept very useful. The problem with money right now is central banks always print money and market always flooded and its increasing inflation
That is a big problem but if cryptocurrencies really become as successful as we believe they will then it is likely that during the next years and decades more people will begin to use cryptocurrencies as a form of payment and the currencies printed by the governments are going to begin to lose power and that will be a good thing since people will not be as affected by inflation if they use cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: