Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:45:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 618 times)
fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:31:38 AM

Do not worry too much, it will make you tortured.
This may happen to beginners but as long as you secure your wallet no one will be able to steal your assets.
Many options of wallet that can be used.

I have secured my wallet but i always read people saying not to keep assets on exchanges
micrypto

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:34:47 AM

Use exchanges only when you are trading, otherwise move into paper wallet or hardware wallet (trezor or ledger wallet).

If you are trading use trusted exchanges like bittrex & binance or even poloniex with 2-factor authentication on your account.

--
Notes:
1. 2-factor authentication is very very very important

2. when you backing up any important keys online try to hide 1/2 letters/words,
 e.g (key: 56dfd4fd654fd54f6d4f4ds4 - to:  56dfd4fd654fd54f6d4f4dxx)  hit = my first smartphone or any

3. when you creating any important key e.g myetherwallet or setting up 2-factor authentication on your account, you should disable all browser extensions and open "new incognito window" on your browser.
Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:39:35 AM

I have already read the ideas written up to now and the majority say that you should not keep the money there. If the exchanges are not so respectable, how are you depositing money there? You can reliable it. So if hackers knows how can to hack it, they can hack the wallet which with the private key.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:54:18 AM

There is always a risk factor in every game like crypto investment and trading, hackers and scammers are our number enemy here. Everything that is related online we are prone to hack and scams,it is all about on how to play safe. There are no any reliable exchange site that are 100 % hack proof, so don't put everything in one basket.
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:54:35 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

just keep your security is very strong and hackers will not be able to break into your wallet, you should be more careful against suspicious links that phishing possibilities.
rudyconsl15

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:33:35 AM

I do not recommend you to keep it in the exchange wallet because it's in my opinion very dangerous to hackers. it's better if you invest long-term you keep it in your personal wallet. suppose excodus wallet, coinomi, blockchain, and myetherwallet. and guard it to his security.
Duzenn

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:36:21 AM

I think the money is not a large number, so you don't need to worry too much about, if you are afraid to security issues, then put these tokens in the exchange is a relatively safe, do not need to use hardware wallet.

JaneAcker361

Activity: 229

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:38:16 AM

there`s a risk factor even when we cross the road, we can be wrecked by a car but somehow we do not afraid of ot, because we are in control of it most of the time
same thing here
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:41:36 AM

There is always a risk factor in every game like crypto investment and trading, hackers and scammers are our number enemy here. Everything that is related online we are prone to hack and scams,it is all about on how to play safe. There are no any reliable exchange site that are 100 % hack proof, so don't put everything in one basket.
I agree with you, putting everything asset in one basket would the worst case scenario if it happens to be hacked. So, we better find the best solutions to secure our asset which I think everyone here is what they are sharing about.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:48:41 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

You know the current scenario here in the online world. Scammers and hackers are always around surrounding us, every ready to snatch anything precious to us the moment we stay too lax. That, we cannot avoid. That is why we have to use all possible means so that our assets will not be wasted falling on the hands of the thieves. I think your altcoins are pretty safe. But if you are not planning to actively trade them, you may consider trying some hard wallets such as Nano Ledger and Trezor.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:52:41 AM

We are all afraid of scammer because our account or assests will be lost in an instant.
STIKS1911

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:59:02 AM

If you do not trade daily with your coins, it is better to bring them out with the stock exchange. It is not safe to store coins on stock exchanges. An example of you is Mt.gox, btc-e. It is better to store coins on a hardware purse. This is either Ledger Nano, or Trezor. And most importantly, do not show your private key to anyone.

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:03:19 AM

Better be sure to keep all your wallets and private keys secure and safe. Scammers are everywhere and their just waiting for their next victims. Avoin clicking aby suspicious links. Try not to store all your earnings in any exchhange because it is too risky. Also, using nano pedger would also help to make your earnings more secured.
mashino12

Activity: 273

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:13:03 AM

Any e-wallet is not safe. I think that it's much safer to store on the exchanges. Or create many wallets and store all data on a USB flash drive
Alakdan

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:13:51 AM

I guess you better store your coins on your wallet not on an exchange because it is prone in hackers.Dont forget your private key it is very important to you and your coins.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:02:38 AM

i guess its better for you to keep it on multiple wallets and exchange.the more you keep the safer you will have,since hacker is always on the run so better we must have precautionary measures and this way for me is the safest way,this is what i have doing now
katixrecamara

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:11:38 AM

It is right to be afraid of scammers or hackers, just imagine your digital assets wiped clean in a flash - that would be the worst day ever in your crypto experience.
So better be more secure than ever. You can choose from a number of options for security purposes, like having a hardware wallet using a USB or you can have a keystore with encryption. Though it was recommended to have a hardware wallet to access your account. Since entering your pin or password in a website is relatively less secure.
So stay safe
Rudi Setya

Activity: 479

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:36:06 AM

If I think to be more secure, I suggest you use Anther's wallet. so you do not have to worry about the security of your money. I myself use Anther's wallet to secure my money. not only me who use it. most people also use Anther's wallet.

klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:41:47 AM

Are you constantly trading with the cryptocurrencies you have on the exchange?  If you are, then it should be okay to keep them on there if it's a reputable exchange such as Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance and similar ones.  It's good that you have 2FA activated.  If you are not doing any trades, I would recommend moving your coins to your personal wallet. 
Kryten12

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

TREEBLOCK

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:49:35 AM

The choice should come down to the frequency of your trading. If you are making multiple buys and sells a day then it is pointless and costly not to mention time consuming to send you funds to and from an locally stored wallet each time. If you just occasionally buy and sell then you would be much better keeping your funds on your own computer or on a hardward wallet such as a Ledger.

TREEBLOCK.io   //   TOKEN GENERATING EVENT
▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶   ICO is LIVE  》 JOIN NOW!   |■■■
Telegram    ●    LinkedIn    ●    Youtube    ●    Twitter
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: