Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:41:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 624 times)
bbcolex

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:30:13 PM

If your not planning in trading them better kept it in your own wallet with your own private keys on it, it's much safer and risk free. In exchanges nobody can tell when that specific exchange will get into some trouble or problem and risking your coins with them.
Alina_kr

Activity: 149
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:39:07 PM

I have bought myself a "Ledger nano s" for a long time and I'm not worried. Cold storage is still the safest way.
musta5a

Activity: 294
Merit: 7

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:40:44 PM

that's natural. Just make sure you're using cold storage not the hot storage. that will make big difference. also secure the computer or device which you're using to access your wallet. And you shall be fine

BITDEPOSITARY ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ - JOIN US -
| ● Q-RATIO MARKET FUNDING COMMUNITY | ● MAKE ICO'S MORE SECURE, STOP SCAMS WITH BITDEPOSITARY |
qtypatuty

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:54:18 AM

Do not put all your financial savings on those exchange wallets for the reason that there will always be that possibility that it will get hacked. Just store an amount which you are okay to lose, and move everything else to a private wallet.

edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:01:49 AM

Hackers and scammers have become really innovative in ways they use to defraud and steal coin, safety of your investment should therefore be your first priority.exchange wallets has been on the limelight in the past for being victims of hackers, you may want to reconsider or trying out private wallets, they are more safer and your investment is with you,Bitcoin Core and Exodus are one of the safest wallets available.
abnoy

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:48:07 AM

yes of course im afraid of hacker/scammer because in instant they could get yours money that you working hard to save it and the scammer they could steal your money if you trust the wrong person its better secure than to be sorry

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
TheBountyManager

Activity: 27
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:53:08 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid
You can use metamask extension its a protection for your private keys when you are using dex or decentralized exchanges,then buy hardwallet because it has some extra security feature which you can recover your wallet when you lost it using the recovery seed.
rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:00:12 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

If you are actively trading then stay on your exchange. But if you are a Long HODL you better put your crypto in an offline wallet. store your private keys safely and in duplicate copies. do not store you private keys on computers with internet. write it on a paper or store it on usb.

Ledger is one of the safest hardware available also.

Ms Nuha

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:09:29 AM

may not only you but all people also feel the same let alone all of its assets existed at once prone online world against hackers. need to be careful and not carelessly in the entry in a suspicious site.
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:38:56 AM

As a victim of hacker I am also afraid to those bad person who want to get money immediately.So for now as a lesson learned I want to make sure that my money and account is secured with them.I am not giving now my personal information and trust anybody else to avoid that situation.
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:04:59 AM

We all afraid of hacker and scammer. Because take your money without knowing who did it. They just left the hxt code. My friend got almost 1btc in her wallet. He invest it to an token sale that no whitepaper and no vission or mission. Now he cry on her money. Thats why we need to read there profile first to avoid scammer. And make sure that we send the wallet adress not the private key.
Muo

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

how to distinct a nice ICO among scams? what does the legitimate ICO has first of all?  Huh
efeyigit399

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:32:25 AM

In the crypto money market, transactions are done very fast and all transactions are done via internet. advancing technology provides security. hackers are using this technology, unfortunately. people are afraid from hackers
CucuH4rlan

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:39:37 AM

We all afraid of hacker and scammer. Because take your money without knowing who did it. They just left the hxt code. My friend got almost 1btc in her wallet. He invest it to an token sale that no whitepaper and no vission or mission. Now he cry on her money. Thats why we need to read there profile first to avoid scammer. And make sure that we send the wallet adress not the private key.
I agree with you!
In addition to the good security code we have. I think we also have to be selective about the project or gift we are living. Read first the Whitepapernya and dig a deeper information.
Do not let anyone know our account password or other security code.
btcefeyigit

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:48:37 AM

People who are always afraid of thieves. In the digital market, all transactions are carried out over the internet. progressive technology provides security, but hackers use this technology. the safety capacity has increased.
Stephgmnl

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:56:46 AM

Always keep them in your private wallet and make sure that you are the only one who has the private keys and password.  Dont put it on exchange.  Scammers and hackers are everywhere so make sure you are always vigilant. 
Lyne01

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:56:53 AM

As long as you keep your private keys and passwords in safe place, you are secured. If you visited sites that are suspicious and may be phishing sites, then you are at risks.
I would suggest, make another wallet so that you have alternatives. As they say, do not put all your eggs in one basket.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:59:17 AM

If you're not going to daytrading it and make it as your long term holding, you better put your altcoins into your personal wallet especially offline wallet. At least don't put all of them on the exchange wallet. There's no guarantee that the exchange won't be hacked.
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:32:25 AM

Not only you!
Try to learn the way secure all of your stuffs, and always do apply 2FA for every account Smiley
Not just one country has hackers, but all countries around the world have hackers evolve, There are many people fearing hackers will attack software or account to steal their data, I think We should create a place to defend our private pirates, to detect them before they are attacked

fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:53:09 PM

Thanks for your opinions guys! Ive decided and oreder a ledger nano s.Im in for the long run so  thats th best option for me
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: