Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:51:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 618 times)
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:13:42 PM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Mostly hackers now and phishing site's are rampant they disguise look a like a  MEW wallet,but when you look closely there is differrent in the letters,so we must be carefull thats why we afraid to those hackers or scamers because we do not know there true capabilities on how they hack our coin even without knowing our private key,even we put a 2FA is not  an assurance that our coins is secure unles we buy a ledger nano s for storing our coins.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bongiu

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:24:59 PM

With that amount, it is "safe" to have your money stored on an exchange, I'd recommend getting a Ledger Nano S if you hold bigger amounts (say $20k or more). Otherwise, keeping your money in an exchange is "safe"
katey

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:27:13 PM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Not only you, I think most of the people are afraid of Hackers/Scammers.
So be care of your wallet and do not let other people know you private key any time.
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:27:36 PM

You will safe, if you maintain some things,
That are,

1. Secure wallet
2. Email Secuirity

You should use more secure wallet as like hardware wallet Ledger nano or Trezor wallet.
Otherwise extra safe metamask or myetherwallet when you can collect your token.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

as whilst the use with customs of strategics as investors to work with tasks of evaluation as might to referring target on completion as noticing use with the limit on appearance as different shifts on unit with the indication,
that investors to spends on focus as managing with series of details with qualification
as distinguishes spares on release as parts with the manage of exhibition on contrast with the point on focus with the objectives
to follows the use of details as exchanging queries as complying with the distinct on parts as the entrance on field as comparing arrange as defining numbers of resource with the allocation.

IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:50:57 PM

You will safe, if you maintain some things,
That are,

1. Secure wallet
2. Email Secuirity

You should use more secure wallet as like hardware wallet Ledger nano or Trezor wallet.
Otherwise extra safe metamask or myetherwallet when you can collect your token.

You are right, but there is third very important point. This is browsing security. Everyone should be very careful when browsing, because this is important.

francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:55:10 PM

It is really the best to check our own wallet for the security purposes. There are many users who had got hack their wallet lately.  We should be very careful next time because hackers are everywhere.
3kpk3

Activity: 882
Merit: 148

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:57:25 PM
Merited by Haunebu (3)

With that amount, it is "safe" to have your money stored on an exchange, I'd recommend getting a Ledger Nano S if you hold bigger amounts (say $20k or more). Otherwise, keeping your money in an exchange is "safe"
I partially agree with you here. The Ledger Nano S is indeed one of the best ways to secure our bitcoins, but saving our money on an exchange is far from safe. For example, several million dollars worth NEM was stolen from a crypto exchange which potentially screwed many big whales who invested and stored their coins on that exchange. Storing our coins on an exchange is convenient, but risky which I feel is not worth it. Desktop wallets or online wallets like MEW are much safer in this regard which is why I recommend not storing your coins on any exchange.

Kunlejoe0

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:59:47 PM

Scammer should be feared more than hackers! Hackers are not likely to pick on your individual account. Hackers will also have to go through a lots of hard work to brute force your account if it is even possible for them to do so. Follow standard practice of keeping your account safe and you should be okay.
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:01:05 PM

This is part of game where ever you go will find such kind of threats but we can minimize or avoid these with highly secured tools.If you want to save your investment use valid wallets and protect with different methods like two factor authentication etc.
TopT3ns

Activity: 2562
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 04:02:43 PM

as long as you not do anything, no download suspicious thing, get phising site and you already said already secured your email, number and 2fa, i think you already good. just hope there are no hacker that get access to site's database

dangershadow

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:04:19 PM

Exchange wallets are only good for small amounts that you use for daily trading and if you have large amounts you should probably go for Personal wallets.

I would Recommend Ledger Wallet as I am personally using it and it safe and always in front of my eyes.
gg20222

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:10:16 PM

Who isnt afraid of scammers/hackers. We all know they are the people who are to greedy. They want to earn more. They victimized newbies or beginners.if you dont want to nbe hacked or spammed. Be carefull. Keep you wallet for youself only. Always secure youtr wallet.
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:42:38 PM

Don't worry, dude. Of course when it comes to money things got serious but you can't change what you can't change. You did your best, provided 100% security. Other things don't depend on you so just relax and hope for the best.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 04:43:55 PM

Nope, as long as your coin is on others (Meaning you are not the coin holder), you are not safe.
If you put coins in the exchange, you technically are the owner ship, but the real coins holder are the exchanges not you
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:48:05 PM

If you want to keep your coins safe, you always have them in your personal wallet.Keep it, and do not show anyone your private key.
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 05:07:45 PM

if you not trust the exchange just withdraw it and send to your wallet, because if you hold in exchanger or any online wallet that you not have a private key, this is so fatal for you, if anytime the exchanger get hacked your fund is lose

DanielRR1997

Activity: 196
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:18:22 PM

It's generally a good idea to store your Bitcoins in a wallet where you control the private keys, rather than on an exchange where they control the private keys and could go out of business or be lost. But different wallets offer different levels of protection. And different exchanges offer different levels of protection. Some wallets include peer-to-peer trading functionality today. And, in the future, some exchanges will offer decentralized trading so that you can trade directly from your wallet and private keys that you control.
S3rj0

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:20:21 PM

I think it’s not a good idea to leave your coins on exchanges. I suggest you to buy hardware wallet like ledger nano and transfer your funds out of there if you are planning to hodl them.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:22:05 PM

you should move it to another wallet like myetherwallet or metamask, and I personally do not really trust the exchanger, for example like etherdelta incident ever hacked by hackers, and this is what makes me do not want to keep altcoin in any exchanger

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: