Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 618 times)
nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:24:05 PM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid
You shouldnt be afraid  because if you have a nice antvirus+ malwarebytes your computer would be secured,if you still have doubts with your computer's security you should get some hardwallet because these wallets will secure your coins even if your computer has been infected,there will no chance that these malware would steal your private keys because hardwallets has built in private keys.

thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:28:46 PM

The best option for you will be move your coins to private wallet because there will be the most safe there. Do this as fast as possible because hackers still trying hack differents wallets, so now it is very risky especially with this big amount
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

The first rule of crypto world is to never keep your coins on an exchange. If you don’t have the private keys to your coins, then you don’t own it. Mt gox is one of the biggest example of why your coins shouldn’t be stored on an exchange or the recent bitgrail fiasco. It doesn’t matters if you enable 2FA or how long your password is, if the hot wallet of an exchange gets hacked, the 2FA isn’t going to help.
D1n4R

Activity: 168

Honesty is the best policy

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:27:21 PM

The first rule of crypto world is to never keep your coins on an exchange. If you don’t have the private keys to your coins, then you don’t own it. Mt gox is one of the biggest example of why your coins shouldn’t be stored on an exchange or the recent bitgrail fiasco. It doesn’t matters if you enable 2FA or how long your password is, if the hot wallet of an exchange gets hacked, the 2FA isn’t going to help.
It is true. I've had that experience where I lost the coin assets I left on the exchange wallet and I lost a lot of money.
OwenBurgess

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:03:04 AM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid
THE best thing for your CRYPTOs is hardwallet
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:08:31 AM

Hacker and the scammer are only normal in this kind of job or in this kind of world because hackers and scammers have one only goals. They steal your earnings or profit just to have it. They do anything just to steal your money. And there are ways how to  prevent it. For hackers make sure that your password is really strong consist of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers you may use a symbol too if you want and don't click for the untrastable link. For the scammer. Just do research in your buyer or seller
Zachwolf

Activity: 121

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:13:00 AM

this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users

Most of us afraid of hackers because we need the security of our acount especially in dealing with business and also online transaction.
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:18:09 AM

this depends on how secure the exchanger you use, but my advice you should move the coin that you have from the exchanger to the private wallet, because there are many large exchangers that successfully hacked by hackers, eg etherdelta who have several times experienced it, and the loss is us the users

Most of us afraid of hackers because we need the security of our acount especially in dealing with business and also online transaction.

I think as long as we can protect our account from the attacker and we can keep safe the account then we don't have to be afraid with the hackers that we should know that there is no 100% guarantee that our account will be safe. and if we have done every way that we need to protect our account, then it's mean our account is safe but we still need to check the account and change the password or else in other time.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
silver23

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:23:58 AM

I have two years in the world of cryptocurrency and was also worried about my assets stored in the wallet or exchener aka hacked by the hecker later.
but until now all my assets are still safe safe.
but just like you I am also worried about my assets whether it will be hacked by hackers.
ntrader

Activity: 264
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2018, 03:35:56 AM

do not be afraid about hackers if you consider security privacies, use anti viruse, mining banning plugin, do not use flash memories that may have some viruse and take back up from ur files, u most use 2FA, long and random password and so on.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:58:58 AM

I think every person who has large amount of coins in their wallet is afraid of scammers and hackers. But if you securely hide your private keys and doesnt use one password on all your accounts in your wallet, you are safe. There is no need to be paranoid about hackers. Hackers will take too long to know your password or private key.
Being afraid will not help you in staying away from the scammers and hackers and that you actually need to do something in order to stay away from such kind of people and to keep your money safe. You can’t stop the hackers from doing hacking or thing like that. You actually need to take enough of the precautions which cannot let the hackers and scammers to grab your money.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:12:05 AM

To be afraid of hackers is a good thing (they are thieves...) but only if the fear lead you to take the right security measures.
Nothing is 100% safe online, and any protection can be cracked, but if you take the right measures, usually a hacker will look for an easier target.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:47:22 PM

Don't keep all your coin on one purse-it's a risk, especially if it's a purse on the exchange. Wink
 All that I buy for a long time I hold on the official purse of the coin.

Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

Do not worry too much, it will make you tortured.
This may happen to beginners but as long as you secure your wallet no one will be able to steal your assets.
Many options of wallet that can be used.
yes your right be comfortable if you think your key they dont know, but always be secure always.

zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:59:05 PM

It is safe in somme ways but not absolutely. But nothing is totally safe in the world so keep calm and do what you need to do.

Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:03:53 PM

Dont be afraid, just believe in yourself, and dont keep your money from the wallet, some people are high done that money is also afraid so be yourself, and be careful always.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
fneli21 (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:36:02 PM

Im reading your opinions one by one ! Thanks to evrryone,im  newbie and i need advices eeveryday
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

You shouldnt be afraid  because if you have a nice antvirus+ malwarebytes your computer would be secured,if you still have doubts with your computer's security you should get some hardwallet because these wallets will secure your coins even if your computer has been infected,there will no chance that these malware would steal your private keys because hardwallets has built in private keys.
Don't be afraid as long as no one know your private key, there's nothing can happen. I suggest to you to avoid them is by telling to anyone your personal information especially when your in crypto world, also to not be get hack its better if you have wallet to put your coin there, but choose wallet wisely.
geverciss

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:47:55 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2018, 08:58:13 AM by geverciss

Hacker and the scammer are only normal in this kind of job or in this kind of world because hackers and scammers have one only goals. They steal your earnings or profit just to have it. They do anything just to steal your money. And there are ways how to  prevent it. For hackers make sure that your password is really strong consist of uppercase and lowercase letters and numbers you may use a symbol too if you want and don't click for the untrastable link. For the scammer. Just do research in your buyer or seller

The rule # 1 of preventing your coins from scammers is not to trust any links having something to do with your MEW/other wallets immediately. Checking who the sender is should be every crypto enthusiast's daily routine.
moonami

Activity: 171
Merit: 37

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:49:42 PM

Everyone is afraid to be hacked and to be scammed. I think one of the reasons behind this is, they want to see the outcome of their hardwork.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: