Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:27:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Im afraid of Hackers/Scammers!  (Read 624 times)
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:51:13 PM

You don't have to be afraid, just make sure you upload funds into exchanges which you require to trade and store coins in your own wallets. As you are good with 2FA so you'll be fine.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:14:31 PM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Nobody doesn't want to have their accounts hacked by someone. Of course, you can somehow prevent that to happen if we will just be very careful with our accounts and be vigilant at all times.

zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:16:39 PM

You don't have to be afraid, just make sure you upload funds into exchanges which you require to trade and store coins in your own wallets. As you are good with 2FA so you'll be fine.

2FA is one of the way to not easily hack our account, I have a friend experience hack her account but she recover it fast then after that she use now the 2FA so the hacker now hard to hack her account.
StevenCS

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

Apeswap Finance

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:24:11 PM

I think your money will be safer if kept in your personal wallet, and do not worry too much. you just have to secure your wallet, do not torture yourself with a thought that, afraid of losing.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:16:50 PM

Keeping money on exchange is risky. You should buy a hardware wallet to do it. Hacking and spamming is very common in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies if you are not secure enough.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
lotfipro

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

Nothing to worry about.I think we can find a way to never cross paths with them.To read thematic literature and at least follow the news
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 01:35:40 PM

Hey guys.Im a newbie on crypto world.However i started doing my first money 1 year ago using e personal method.However i have improved and now i have like 4-5k worth of alt which i keep on exchange wallets.Are they safe?Or should i get anther wallet?

And yes,I have 100 % secured with email,number ,long password and 2FA but im still afraid

Mostly hackers now and phishing site's are rampant they disguise look a like a  MEW wallet,but when you look closely there is differrent in the letters,so we must be carefull thats why we afraid to those hackers or scamers because we do not know there true capabilities on how they hack our coin even without knowing our private key,even we put a 2FA is not  an assurance that our coins is secure unles we buy a ledger nano s for storing our coins.
It is not only you who is afraid of hackers, in fact every single person out of is having this fear in his heart and mind and that will never end.

The only thing which can help us is to study as much as we can regarding the hacking techniques like what all are the possible ways using which hackers can harm you or can take away your money. After that, you need to take certain precautionary measures to stay away from them.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 2154

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 01:47:28 PM

Any point of centralization is prone to attack, so better use your own wallet
If you really concern about security and want to hodl for long time, use paper wallet and safe it in your cabinet

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:31:55 PM

Any exchange may close down tomorrow. For good. And neither 2FA, nor long password will ever help you have your money back. It's like you keep your money in your neighbour's wallet. He may be a nice guy actually, but he also may leave for ever every day with all you have.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
prdn

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:39:43 PM

that's why I don't join the airdrops, I'm sure most of them are trying to cheat.
jomvill

Activity: 121
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:40:08 AM

Yes im afraid of scammers because yours files or integration account is verry important so be careful in any transacrioin we do to not be able to scam the any person that kept
roxbit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:52:54 PM

Yes im afraid of scammers because yours files or integration account is verry important so be careful in any transacrioin we do to not be able to scam the any person that kept

I myself have experienced being hacked. My wallet got hacked by an evil and heartless creature and took all my money from a bounty campaign. It was supposed to be my first time to be paid for joining signature and facebook campaigns. Just 3 hours after it was transferred to my personal wallet its gone. Now, i will be extra careful with my wallet to avoid reoccurrence. I am not just scared of scammers and hackers, i hate them.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:11:17 PM

I myself have experienced being hacked. My wallet got hacked by an evil and heartless creature and took all my money from a bounty campaign. It was supposed to be my first time to be paid for joining signature and facebook campaigns. Just 3 hours after it was transferred to my personal wallet its gone. Now, i will be extra careful with my wallet to avoid reoccurrence. I am not just scared of scammers and hackers, i hate them.
It seems to me that you need to be more careful in choosing a site. Where you store your personal data or your purses. Apparently, the defense was weak, if some hacker got access to them.
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:14:49 PM

That's right, you're afraid ! So you will be more focused on all the action! But keeping the coins anyway is not recommended on the exchangers, get yourself a 2 cool wallet and keep your coins there. If you trade daily, you need to allocate the amount that you allocate to this direction on the exchanger.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
MashaVik

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:07:14 PM

Guys, thank you! I'm new and learning a lot from you! Read here for good advice and apply to life! That's a very good idea.
lopez cryptomania

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:01:46 PM

People have their preferences but one of my personal preferences is holding my own private keys. When you hold your own keys it means you don't have to worry about some exchange getting hacked. Here is an example of a trading platform that allows you to trade from exchange to exchange while still holding your private keys.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.msg31823480#msg31823480
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: