Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:32:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin affects students' performance in school  (Read 2468 times)
Zach707

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:17:03 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

Bitcoin is a source of driving force to student and also a little bit of destruction to there studies. This is also a challenge to students determination at school. A student should understand that education should be the 1st priority and bitcoin is here to financially support that education goal. It should be this way.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
santieevanz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:01:53 AM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?
In our school, bitcoin became popular when one of the students in the school of engineering introduces bitcoin to his friends and then spread in our school. I know that your concerns are your student because maybe you really saw their performance getting worse every time they prioritize on earning bitcoins. I will only suggest if you talk to them nicely and let them realize that their parents would be really proud if they have good grades and will graduate on time.

fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:07:16 AM

maybe you should limit your students, 60% in school and 40% for crypto. actually i prefer to be in 100% crypto, but school work is also important for student future. we also don't know how long the crypto will continue to exist.
Majharul Saiif

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:15:49 AM

Actually, it depends on your mind.In the different perspective,I'm still a student and I take this forum for part time user though I stay more time now.I think that this forum is helpful for gaining knowledge about Btc and other currencies and blockchain technology also.Those types of knowledge is needed in our current world.Bitcoin isn't affect students but if you already affected by Bitcoin,this responsibility will go for yourself. As far I know,this forum is helpful.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
csdga

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:27:05 AM

If a student who dives in the world of crypto obviously will disrupt the work of students in the school, so it would be nice that students have not been able to plunge in the world of crypto. Given the students can not manage the time and later work in school unfolded.

I think this can not be generalized. Bitcoin is a means of investment, the performance of students still have to rely on the school to guide, can not throw the phenomenon of student corruption bitcoin back.
kmrunner

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:33:30 AM

It is only a matter of time management and being a responsible person. I know its hard doing both at the same time, a lot of students need something to support their finances but they must not forget the reason why they are doing such work while studying. they should realize and motivate themselves to do good in both  crypto work and class in order for them to be successful in the future.
Abdul Sundanese

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:38:56 AM

It is indeed good, Siwa become more independent and can help families with income from bitcoin. However, on the other hand their learning motivation will definitely decrease. That's the problem, so they need guidance so they can manage the time to learn and earn income.
Robotbitcoin22

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:42:03 AM

It is indeed good, Siwa become more independent and can help families with income from bitcoin. However, on the other hand their learning motivation will definitely decrease. That's the problem, so they need guidance so they can manage the time to learn and earn income.
The fear is when students after getting their own finances from bitcoin they become arbitrarily in school. even ditching. become lazy because of bitcoin. this may be the fear of people
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 02:52:04 AM

To be honest, it depends on how responsible a student is. I myself is a still a student who relies in Bitcoin to help me finance myself but I for once haven't forgot about my studies and had an average grade of B+. You should consult your students and approach them to give them some advice. It's not Bitcoin's fault but it was students entirely.  Smiley
I agree with your opinion mate. I even convince my friends and neighbors that are highschool students but they are not affected with their studies because instead of interacting with Bitcoin they choose to hang out with their classmates and friends play basketball or going somewhere just for fun. At first they're interested but as time passed by they abandon what I have taught to them. The same as what had happened with OP as he is now concerned about the performance of his students most especially if those students are earning much money from Bitcoin but still depends on how they managed their time of course.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vhhjhju

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:54:27 AM

As far as I know, there are no schools that have bitcoin-related courses and do not know much about bitcoin, so I do not think bitcoin will affect students.
BlueBitc

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 02:57:52 AM

I think if the student plunge in the world of crypto students should be smart to set the time both as a student at school and looking for profits in bitcoin so that nothing can be ignored either at school or in bitcoin.
allfriends88

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:07:45 AM

Maybe for my own opinion that students should be able to divide the time to study and to engage in cryptocurrencies. It would be better if there is supervision of the parents so they can limit the time. and to the teacher should be able to give direction to their students which are more in priority.
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:30:44 AM

The fear is when students after getting their own finances from bitcoin they become arbitrarily in school. even ditching. become lazy because of bitcoin. this may be the fear of people
I guess it all depends on how students should engage in cryptocurrency world, how responsible they should be and on how they were taught about this. Bitcoin can give a big impact in students' lives in different ways. It is an advantage on the student's part because they can earn money out of it, but it is also extremely important to always remind and educate them properly so they will be guided accordingly, because everything that's too much is not good. Students should know their limitations and how to manage time wisely and properly in dealing between crypto and academic world, because education is still the key for better future and it also plays an important role in this campaign. Educated brings you anywhere with confidence and pride.
AlexanderAnthony

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:35:12 AM

This is happening to me right now, where I was so into it and there are times where I priority it more than my academics it's that I can't handle it property and I failed in some subjects but one thing I learn is that I Lear to manage my time right now properly and develop a time management skills.

chocomartin

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:00:28 PM

Talk to them about time management and prioritization. Tell them that to succeed in this life one must know how to see things as a whole and not confine oneself into a silo (in this case the silo is cryptos). They won't be involved in cryptos for the rest of their life, tell them that they should have a fallback. Just because they're earning through cryptos doesn't mean they have to drop everything else. Instead of using cryptocurrencies as a sole source of livelihood tell them to think of it instead as an additional source of income. Also advice them to not only invest in cryptocurrencies but also commodities (stocks). Teach them the principle of not putting all of one's eggs in one basket, that spreading out your resources to different investment minimizes loss and maximizes potential profit.
Rozita

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 07:07:05 PM

As far as I know, there are no schools that have bitcoin-related courses and do not know much about bitcoin, so I do not think bitcoin will affect students.

Seems that you have not understood what the OP is saying. Even if there is no bitcoin-related course in schools, students can learn that using Internet or other sources.
btsjimin

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:28:03 AM

Through Bitcoin it helpd the student's performance in school. With the money they received from Bitcoin it helps them augment their financial needs to support them in schooling. Bitcoin enables one to focus on their studies and improve their academic and extra-curricular performance.
blinchain

Activity: 112
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:51:45 AM

Whether Bitcoin affects school depends on the individual. As long as the time allocated, generally will not affect the academic. Of course, some people are not the same focus, some people will focus on bitcoin, some people will focus on their studies, it may have a great impact on their studies.
Macai

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:02:24 AM

Well we cannot blame them if they tend to loose focus on their studies because they already are earning. Mindset of students is that they need to study in order to get a decent job later on and earn salaries but these mindset is disrupted because they had found a way to earn money even if they do not finish their studies. You are their teacher and you're with them most of the time, its your responsibility to remind them that as of the moment studies should be their first priority.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:21:21 AM

hmm, as a teacher you are good to told them about cryptocurrency. But it is back again to the personality of your students.
you must teach and tell them about the responsibility value of the students so they keep their responsibility as a student.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: