Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin affects students' performance in school  (Read 2468 times)
fishball (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:45:08 AM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:49:28 AM

To be honest, it depends on how responsible a student is. I myself is a still a student who relies in Bitcoin to help me finance myself but I for once haven't forgot about my studies and had an average grade of B+. You should consult your students and approach them to give them some advice. It's not Bitcoin's fault but it was students entirely.  Smiley
hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:56:39 AM

BTC indeed affect the performance of the students in the school, like me, when I was reading the BTC to earn a lot of money for investment, cause I have bought a house and car, in accordance with the previous it is impossible for a student.

nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:17:19 PM

They can end up with no money while trying to get millions here and they can easily get depressed because of that. Many of the people lose and rest of them get that money, they must know that they can lose everything in a hour.

Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:27:46 PM

I am also a student and I think I am able to handle my study and earning in cryptocurrency. I think it is not impossible if you are determine to reach something.
Yet it is too hard to study while having a time in cryptocurrency, I know that someday all of my efforts will make my life more beautiful. I believe that every success entails sacrifices.
CONOFLEX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:30:17 PM

I think it is true ,if you can see how some audults reacts because of bitcoins example when you at a function every 5min they on phone to see what happend whith  bitcoins ,so I believe  students wil reac in the same way  and preformance  will be effected.
chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:36:17 PM

As far as I can observe being a teacher, I am definitely happy that my students are involve in cryptocurrencies and they earn for themselves and help their families. But, their school perfomance is getting worse. Please give your thoughts how will you help students to earn and at the same time it won't affect their school works?

I can relate because I am also a student. It is hard to study and work here simultaneously because this is time-consuming and there are deadlines to be met, same with school works. Time management is extremely important here.

Wicked17

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:39:33 PM

It depends on the student, if he is responsible enough, he will not let his study be affected by his doing here in crypto currency. When i was a beginner in crypto i am also a student and also here in forum at the same time but i am not letting my grades be affected. Its time management.

edwardnortonn

Activity: 177

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:40:45 PM

well, Bitcoin affecting students performance is a debatable topic because if the students are involved in cryptocurrency then they aren't dealing in BTC alone, there might be other coins involved and squarely blaming BTC for the drop in grades might not be very fair. on the other hand i think its a good thing that the students have already been introduced to cryptocurrency at that early age. means that they will grow up to become well rounded business men with experience and proper judgment.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:42:15 PM

What makes you think their school performance is being affected by Crypto rather than the thousand and one other things going on in their lives?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Wulanayu

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:43:28 PM

Yes that's the negative impact of crypto if it touches minors and still school, this schoolchild should not know krypto because if it is like this will be very disturbing for the future of the child and the future of the country.
Perhaps this should be a government move to stop the movement of schoolchildren in the world of krypto because it can have negative consequences for the country.

Blessed J

Activity: 178

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:43:48 PM

I am a student as well but it all depends on how discipline a person is. Yes bitcoin businesses needs a lot of time but then again a student should know how to balance his or her studies with bitcoin. For example you can't be doing bitcoin when you have a lesson. You should concentrate at that time and get a lot from class so that you can do bitcoin when you are away from class.
xiaohao111

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:55:54 PM

I think it's normal, you get something and you lose something. When students spend a lot of time doing things about bitcoin, they will have no time to study, and they can only choose between the two.
Crafts12

Activity: 405
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:58:05 PM

In my own opinion, since you are a teacher, teach them how to be responsible with theirselves and also teach them how to manage their time working and earning bitcoin and most importantly, their health. Working too hard can cause them to be sick and tired and will really affect their performance in school.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:00:01 PM

I think that this is a generalization of an issue. Yes, I think it can affect a person if they have a bad day at the cryptocurrency trading section of their each bitcoin affairs. However, they should be able to not let it affect their other performances and they have to know that this happens a lot, and that this is the normal side of trading and dabbling in cryptocurrency
Fayamba

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:02:54 PM

I definately agree with you on this one. Imagine a student being a bounty hunter.He will focus all his attention on reporting and reporting and checking some exchange sites for information about the tokens he holds.This obviously cant tally with studies.
sadsNDJ
Copper Member

Activity: 131
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:03:35 PM

I agree that it sometimes depends on  how you discipline your time.
The best thing we can do here is to have time management. I am also a student and I admit that I give up some other things which is not very important in accordance to my study and in Bitcoin.
Beside, I am also a student labor in our university and I also make this things. But I still have time to focus in my study tho. It really depends on how people really used their time. Maybe it affects on them because they also cater some other things that could not totally important. I used some strategies on it, I divided my times like when I'm in my school I focused only in my class,and if I have a vacant time instead of playing games in my phone I'd rather do this. Same in my work in school. That's the reason why I still can cope up in Bitcoin.

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

May be they are too much spend time in cryptocurrency, it isn't good things. Any way your students are already smart kids because only smart people that will be able to understand and use bitcoin. You should teach them by good way so they will be more focus in the class.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 01:07:50 PM

I think it depends on ourselves, yes it all depends on the student self. When they can divide the time then I believe their life in the world of crypto will not interfere with their achievement in school. Students who are smart should be able to place the time when it is working and when should they learn. Directly indeed the crypto world has made them able to get some money, it should be motivation to make them able to learn harder because I think when they have money then they can get the best facilities to support her school, including to be able to school in place quality. So the crypto world is not a reason for the decline of peromance lessons for the students.
kjnfmplm

Activity: 364
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 01:09:23 PM

As a student also, I don't see any effects of bitcoin to my academic performance. I think the reason why it don't have effect is I know my responsibilities and priorities as student and bitcoin comes next. If we have so many things to do, like research papers, assignments, business plans, and something like that, I always do it first. I manage my time efficiently. No wasting time. Of course there are sacrifices to be given. Because of all this, I can't do the things I want like watching anime, and playing online games. But, that's to be expected. You can't expect to have all while giving nothing. Right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: