Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 01:33:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunter Requires KYC?  (Read 443 times)
oddwh

Activity: 854
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh

That's not fair. If I was you, I wouldn't give my personal informations to a company which starts his business by hiding important terms like this one. A KYC scam can be easily done and can be really dangerous for your personal life.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
    ██▀                   ▀██
   █▌                       ▐█
  █▌                         ▐█
 ▐█            ▄▄▄            █▌
 ██         ▄██▀▀▀██▄         ██
 ▄         ▐█▌     ▐█▌         ▄
███        █▌       ▐█        ███
 ▀   █▄    ▐█▌     ▐█▌    ▄█   ▀
   █▄  █▄   ▀██▄▄▄██▀   ▄█  ▄█
    ▀█   █▄    ▀▀▀    ▄█   █▀
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌▀▀▀   ▀▀▀
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:42:59 PM

Ya, some bounty campaign required bounty hunter submit their KYC, I think is ok for me if the project is successful raised fund, some free airdrop also need pass KYC to receive free tokens, so it's up to you , if you don't want KYC, then you can't receive reward

desi92

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:53:47 PM

that's not a problem i think due to preventing for duplicate account for bounties, i was joined HOQU bounty and it also needs KYC for receiving bounty rewards

Yes its not problem for you but for people who want to keep their anonymous then thats the big problem.
Actually the project has right to change the rule, but i think it will be more fair if they announce in the first page of bounty thread so all bounty participants aware about this requirement.
geverciss

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:54:32 PM

that's not a problem i think due to preventing for duplicate account for bounties, i was joined HOQU bounty and it also needs KYC for receiving bounty rewards

If that is the use of KYC then there is no use!
Duplicate account detecting? i Can use mine, my wife identity and some of my relatives! And the thing they want to know will never exist!
KYC issue to bounty hunter is just same to investors, investors put money on the project and hunters are just working for it so why dont they issue KYC to us?
Well for me KYC is not a good thing to implement in crypto currency!

This KYC issue is alarmingly disturbing. KYC means know your customer. Bounty hunters are not customers rather freelance marketing agents. Why would they require people who are promoting them to subscribe to their policy even if the country where this bounties hunters or Startup are from don't require this.

Even if people are using multiple accounts, how does this affect them? It's the same marketing n publicity they desire that they are getting.

KYC for Bounties is NONSENSE.

Making anonymous people promoting ICOs and are expecting to be got paid in cryptocurrency pass KYS is such a sweet irony Grin To enter almost any bounty all we are asked is just BCT/TW/Fb accounts. Why should we submit KYC to boot to receive tokens at the end?
ilya_gr

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:58:22 PM

I really appreciate those projects, which require KYC, because it`s breat, isn`t it? People,who can pass KYC,will get more rewards, because of such guys,who don`t want to public their private information. And the second thing - if Project requires KYC, 99% that it`s not a scam project, leastwise i haven`t met ones.
So KYC in ICO-bounty industry now is the best way to ensure safety.
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:01:50 PM

I really dont like that KYC becomes mandatory condition for participating in Bounties. But on other hand - KYC allows to identify cheaters and multibots owners.
oddwh

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:02:30 PM

I really appreciate those projects, which require KYC, because it`s breat, isn`t it? People,who can pass KYC,will get more rewards, because of such guys,who don`t want to public their private information. And the second thing - if Project requires KYC, 99% that it`s not a scam project, leastwise i haven`t met ones.
So KYC in ICO-bounty industry now is the best way to ensure safety.

... until you get scammed by the last 1%  Wink

I really don't understand how people can feel happy to share their personal ID with unknown people on an anonymous forum.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
TrippyPippy

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:04:32 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh

It is a new requirement for some ICO because of the recent law that states that having bounty campaigns or airdrops can be seen as a security issues. That is why more and more icos are trying to do KYC for even bounty participants. Some ico announced later is because the landscape is changing very rapidly with the changing law on crypto markets.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:07:40 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh

It is a new requirement for some ICO because of the recent law that states that having bounty campaigns or airdrops can be seen as a security issues. That is why more and more icos are trying to do KYC for even bounty participants. Some ico announced later is because the landscape is changing very rapidly with the changing law on crypto markets.

Yes this is the requirement of some ico project to provide a KYC all you need is to pass this requirement to received your airdrop/bounty reward but the problem with this KYC you easily submit your personal indentity but in other hand this good to avoid some bot or multiply account.

kinki32

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:08:00 PM

For my opinion KYC program should not be in bounty, because KYC created for big whales with big wallets.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:08:32 PM

That would be bloomzed bounty campaign? thats sucks most of the participants doesnt have passports and drivers license who would they pay those people ? its morelikely a scam and we should report these people to the moderators so they will be punished to their wrong doings.I dont really believed if they stated that in the first place there will be no people who will join their campaign.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
sendohmarin

Activity: 132
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:09:06 PM

I think you should follow the rules that have been provided. I think KYC is very effective for the safety of your coins from theft of coins. if you do not use KYC I think a lot of that will cheat to steal it. if you follow their project, surely you have too bey the rules.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:19:20 PM

NO,its not necessary for the bounty hunters,the SEC doesnt include u.s citizens from joining these bounty hunting,SEC has prohibited these U.S citizens from joining any ICOs,that is why these ICO investors needs to undergo KYC verification so that these ICOs wont have any problem with the SEC's regulations,your bounty campaign surely dont want you to get paid that is why they will conduct KYC for the bounty hunters.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:35:20 PM

I understand that some bounty managers use KYC to avoid multiple registration, maybe there are less cheaters in the campaign.
BUT, honesty implicates to inform at the beginning of the campaign that KYC is used.
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:52:34 PM

Iam new at bounty hunting, but I encountered an ICO which is they require us bounty hunters to do KYC? Is that possible? The worst thing is, they announce it after the bounty program. Is that right?  Huh Huh

That's not fair. If I was you, I wouldn't give my personal informations to a company which starts his business by hiding important terms like this one. A KYC scam can be easily done and can be really dangerous for your personal life.
but usually the project will not pay if not fill out the form provided for KYC. how to respond to it?
because it has followed and do hard work there
oddwh

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:54:52 PM

but usually the project will not pay if not fill out the form provided for KYC. how to respond to it?
because it has followed and do hard work there

Yes, that's the problem. And as some people will follow the KYC, we can't do anything. A good option when this is required after the campain would be to halve rewards of people refusing KYC. That would be much more fair than now.

Anyway everyone shouldn't accept the KYC, this would block this process which is useless and cannot be required for bounties. When a company giveway you some sodas cans on the street, does they ask you your id card ? No. This is the same here.

For people saying it protects against multi account, I would say, if I'm a smart guy with multiples accounts, I would just do two different compaigns at the same time to avoid this. So KYC isn't a solution.

To everyone : just remember what we can do with KYC documents. The first example of what can be done in cryptocurrencies is registering on exchanges and selling coins. What will you do if the police knock at your door about a money laundering situation where you are involved because someone stole your identity ? It would take you years to prove you've been a victim of identity theft.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
     ▄██▀▀             ▀▀██▄
      █▄   █▄       ▄█   ▄█
       ██    █  ▄  █    ██
         █▄    ███    ▄█
          ██    ▀    ██
            █▄  █  ▄█
             ██ █ ██
                ▄
               ███
                ▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄████████████▄
    ▄████████████████▄
   ████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████
   ██▀████████████▀██
    ▀██▀▀██████▀▀██▀
      ▀████████████▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        
▄████████████▄     
▄████████████████▄   
████████████████████  
██████████████████████ 
 ████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████ 
████████████████████  
▀████████████████▀   
▀████████████▀     
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        
eldub

Activity: 232
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:03:32 PM

KYC- hate it! KFC- love it!

aces777

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:28:13 PM

Not really. But yeah some ICOs are there who ask bounty hunters to provide KYC details. I think it is not really necessary but may be they are trying to prevent same person applying from multiple accounts.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Melfoy72

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:36:40 PM

What is the reason if I participate in signature only?
There are a lot of good signature campaigns in the forum. Why d'you think somebody wants to 'invest' own time in same (sig.) campaign twice?

GFE

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:40:29 PM

Sometimes bounty programs require KYC and it is ok. So don't afraid of this - it is just security option

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: