Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:55:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1026 times)
ayesha703

Activity: 110
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:47:57 PM

No doubt that Bitcoin is digital gold. It is really so valuable right now that, it can be compared with gold. But the right word or name for bitcoin is it is digital cash. But if we think about the value and market condition, then Bitcoin is more valuable than gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:50:10 PM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

I’ve heard the comparisons made between gold and Bitcoin. The obvious thing they have is that they are both stores of value. Some people would say that gold is better because it has other uses such as in electronics and jewelry. Others say that Bitcoin is better because it doesn’t have to be physically stored anywhere and it can be transmitted to ant location quickly.
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 08:02:29 PM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

I’ve heard the comparisons made between gold and Bitcoin. The obvious thing they have is that they are both stores of value. Some people would say that gold is better because it has other uses such as in electronics and jewelry. Others say that Bitcoin is better because it doesn’t have to be physically stored anywhere and it can be transmitted to ant location quickly.

The both have unique advantages. I prefer Bitcoin because you don't have to phisically store it, and growth in price is huge. On the other hand gold can be sold without internet, but now is internet widely accessible.

allohha

Activity: 672
Merit: 176

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:09:43 PM

The both have unique advantages. I prefer Bitcoin because you don't have to phisically store it, and growth in price is huge. On the other hand gold can be sold without internet, but now is internet widely accessible.
You are really right, because both gold and Bitcoin have their advantages. You said that Bitcoin does not need to be physically stored, but forget that today you need to be afraid not only of a thief in the house or in a bank, But also a hacker on the net. Well, if there is no electricity, then gold will be more valuable, because you will not get Bitcoin.
Bitcoinjheta

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:28:14 PM

You are really right, because both gold and Bitcoin have their advantages. You said that Bitcoin does not need to be physically stored, but forget that today you need to be afraid not only of a thief in the house or in a bank, But also a hacker on the net. Well, if there is no electricity, then gold will be more valuable, because you will not get Bitcoin.

Absolutely, bitcoin is a digital gold because of its promising price that are very vulnerable to us. This could be the most profitable coin that can not be compared of any other coin having a very dip difference to its value. That is why many people will invest becuase of that thing that will make rich at any time.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

No it's not. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, it's the first cryptocurrency in the world and the value of Bitcoin is better than Gold Smiley. There is also a digital gold but it's not well known so almost people don't know about it. Bitcoin is the king of this crypto world, it's even better than real gold and digital gold of course Smiley).

vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:43:51 PM

Most times, i feel the need to refer it as such likewise I also feel its shouldn't too. Because Gold is gold, there shouldn't be an alternative, its an ancient treasure and deserves some respect. I know Bitcoin is most times been referred to as a digital gold because of the similarities between it and the traditional gold but it shouldn't. Just like the way it will be disrespecting for another coin to assume the place of bitcoin . In as much as we love bitcoin, let's not forget that Gold has been for centuries.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:23:02 PM

As close as you can get to being digital gold with the one addition that you don't need to carry it around with you. All you need to remember is a 12 or 24 word seed phrase and you have your wallet in your brain at all times!
This is one of the best characteristics of bitcoin, gold can be very cumbersome and can be really difficult to carry it in big quantities but with bitcoin you only to remember your seed words and you can have your bitcoin with you all the time, in fact this was one of the reasons of why people liked the idea of a paper currency since they could carry huge quantities of paper money over long distances for a fraction of the effort and costs that required to carry the same gold.
Toukexx99

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:23:43 AM

Bitcoin has all the same characteristics as gold. The amount of Bitcoin is limited (only a certain amount will be produced), Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit (1 Bitcoin = 100,000,000 Satoshi the smallest unit of Bitcoin, just like cents in Dollars or Pennies in Pounds, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin), Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not degrade, nor can fake Bitcoin be made. Besides, unlike gold, you can move Bitcoin anywhere in the world in minutes, regardless of the amount of Bitcoin. That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but better digital gold.
InvestMen

Activity: 270
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:38:06 AM

In general, both gold and bitcoins are valuable assets. However, gold has long been considered the safest investment of money. Bitcoin is volatile and, in essence, represents a very risky investment.
micheal wang

Activity: 212
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 02:38:23 AM

The way to get bitcoin is the same as getting gold, to get both by way of mined. But to equate bitcoin and gold I disagree with the limited amount of bitcoin while gold is unlimited. As for the potential of gold and bitcoin in the future, I'm sure everyone will choose gold over bitcoin. Only people who take a high risk to buy bitcoin, and only people who know bitcoin will say bitcoin is digital gold, for those who are not bitcoin just a digital money and do not even know it.
Choii

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:00:02 AM

Absolutely, Bitcoin is made of internet and they accepted in exchange of commodities either through online, that's why we can actually also called digital gold and also known as cryptocurrencies nowadays.

███    TWITTER    MEGATRON      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                     THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION                  LAUNCH EVENT    ███
███  TELEGRAM     WEBSITE           FACEBOOK      ███
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:35:57 AM

Thats what bitcoin becomes more expensive because of this coin near to be mined the total volume,like gold that has been soon to be mined,when i was young here in my region many miners diggers gold daily but nowadays its become fewer and fewer that concludes almost done for miners..and like bitcoin more than half had been mined
boboking

Activity: 224
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:04:33 AM

Yes I think it is here are the few similarities of them.

They are both scarce: there are limited amount of gold that can be mined in the world. Bitcoin is also limited and the more mined coins the harder it will be in the future.

They are both great assets to invest. Although more traditional investor will choose gold,Bitcoin is still a wise choice because on the years past bitcoin have only shown an uptrend.

Advantage of bitcoin is you can send the money right away unlike gold that usually it will be check because gold can be counterfeited and bitcoin can not.

elvirecam430

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:13:04 AM

I won't say bitcoin is digital gold.
Besides being a trading measure, there are many usages of gold.  Also, gold has long accompanied human history, which gives it a special social status.
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:41:16 AM

Pretty much, yeah. Bitcoin is a digital version of gold. Gold is decentralized and can't really be stored in a bank or anything like that. Moreover, Bitcoin's value usually continues to increase. Just disregard the performance of Bitcoin at the beginning of this year. Bitcoin felt quite bad, but it looks like it will bounce back up. Another thing about Bitcoin and gold is that both cannot be really used to purchase anything. I hope that this will change.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:44:51 AM

I agree that bitcoin is a digital gold and can only be used on internet while we have the opportunity to use bitcoin in our real life once the government accepting bitcoin. the different bitcoin and fiat or gold is bitcoin cannot be control by any one even the government cannot control bitcoin. in the future, if bitcoin is accepted in everywhere, we can transfer our bitcoin to anyone in all of the country like what we did today.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:50:12 AM

I do understand that why you saying this but I do not really agree on what you said. Bitcoin and gold are 2 very different things and about their usage is too much different too, so if you said that bitcoin is digital gold, you are very wrong about it. Take a simple thing like buying something, can you buy with gold? I do not think people want gold as their payment instead of bitcoin
balintong15

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 04:56:52 AM

bitcoin is a way of getting rich. some people are still turning on to it because it is a part time yet the salary is higher than the official work. so, i guess bitcoin is a digital gold because it is on the screen and can turn into cash instantly. it is a gold for the future and it will continue to shine.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:05:22 AM

you should pay tax if you want to buy gold because gold also considering as valuable physical asset but in my opinion bitcoin can considered more than gold value because bitcoin is more valuable and possibility to increase the price more than gold in the future is pretty high
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: