Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1026 times)
dewisidik19

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:59:48 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Many consider bitcoin as digital gold and they are right. Bitcoin is something that is with one word beautiful. Many speak of him as digital gold and they are right, bitcoin is digital gold and it have more value then real gold with still dont make some reasonable sense for many companies, that why many consider using bitcoin or creating mining farm for mining bitcoin, they have everything for this.
yes true, in my opinion also bitcoin can be regarded as digital gold because bitcoin price is more valuable than pure gold though.
dodziu

Activity: 473
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:01:24 AM

Your suggestion having given it an intense thought makes sense ascribing Bitcoin as Digital Gold. But from my own additional point of view, I can prefer to term BItcoin as ''Super Digital Gold''. Bitcoin is even far more better than Gold because Gold can only be mined at secluded areas of the world where they are detected/discovered, while Bitcoin can be mined anywhere in the world, so far the Electronic means and the Technical know how is available.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:01:50 AM

It is because it can be use for investment and transaction so IMO digital gold money will be more precise.
My local trader expert said that bitcoin shall consider as digital asset like stock exchange because unlike gold, bitcoin still full of speculation , the risky drop or sky increase may apply !
bitcoinFPT

Activity: 145
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:14:17 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.
bitcoin brings great profit to those who know how to invest in it, in my opinion it is considered as digital gold, gold here means precious. And if you compare it with gold, all comparisons are faltering, gold is present and its development history has for thousands of years been known to all people in the world, even the child. but bitcoin it is something "virtual" virtual only
NicG13

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:18:55 AM

I think you can draw that parallel but you have to remember there are fundamental differences like: one is physical, the other immaterial; one is unlimited (in the Universe not on Earth), the other finite; one is virtually indestructible, the other perishable if all devices it resides on are destroyed, etc.
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:25:02 AM

I think no I do not agree
gold is a precious commodity and a real metal / valuables that you can take with your hand and hold it in your hand.
but I think that bitcoin does not seem to be gold anymore in terms of precious value but position in the market, but obviously it is evaluated day by day.
tats14

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:19:40 AM

Yes just like it, bitcoin is a digital gold because bitcoin is an expensive digital currency as its prices gold and it can be surpass gold too.

budakjawa

Activity: 471

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:48:00 AM

are you kidding me? of course not bitcoin unlike digital gold bitcoin is a digital currency cryptocurrency which consists only of numbers and there is a threshold for its security.

Gyromancer

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:52:20 AM

what is digital gold?
i know gold but it's not digital currency

CHENIEN

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:06:52 AM

This is a kind of question that makes my mind ruin, some answers are pointing the similarity of two things the gold and bitcoin, they are explaining the conflict and similarities. In my opinion, the question stated that bitcoin or digital currency is gold. For me, it is a big yes, digital currency is a gold, it is a very valuable things that circulating all over the world, their total value shines like a gold that mostly people wanted to owned.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
GREATLOVE

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:12:41 AM

In my own opinion Bitcoin is not like gold although they are both  good for long term  investment bitcoin is more profitable than gold this days. You can buy gold for $1000 now after 5 years it is only 5000$ but if you buy btc now gor $10k after 5 years it is already $100k.
Spain2000

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:23:01 AM

For me bitcoin is more than a digital gold because bitcoin is a very futuristic currency and the people who are holding bitcoin they can make money through using bitcoin i like to buy this digital money and bitcoin is the real money which we can utilize every time and every where in the world we can access them using the internet because it is the internet based currency and having a good and bright future.

▐ █ ██|    CRYPTONITY  ▐|   The Crypto Community Exchange  ▐|▐ █ █ ██
⚫  Whitepaper   ●⚫   Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018   ⚫●   ANN Thread  ⚫
Telegram  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Discord  ●  Reddit  ●  Medium  ●  LinkedIn
Elsie123

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:31:50 AM

have always considered Bitcoin to be the digital equivalent of gold, and that has not changed. I like the fact that you can have billions of dollars worth of Bitcoin, without anyone noticing since you just need your private key
Jeremiesaranza

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

EMMARES – Email as you know it, will never be the

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 11:58:18 AM

No I think it's not it is a electronic currency  it's a cashless basis king of payment and receiving money

E M M A R E S  ❍ .... Email as you know it, will never be the same.
EMMARES ICO  |   TELEGRAM  |   REDDIT   |   LINKEDIN   Twitter  | MEDIUM  FACEBOOK 
SeNeor

Activity: 318
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:11:25 PM

In the real sense of it, all the characteristics, properties and potentialities embedded in Gold can as well be perceived in Bitcoin , even more than that. I can say You are correct. But what I can say is that Gold is physical and its obviously believed by everybody who are opportuned to access it. Bitcoin has not gained the consent of every souls that heard about it, and even so many are still very much ignorant of Bitcoin presence and its usefulness.
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:21:43 PM

Somewhat like a gold, comparing it with Gold would make people easily understand what bitcoin is. Bitcoin has limited supply that is not yet fully obtained. Just like Gold, bitcoin is also mined which actually demands computer technology and machines. Unlike Gold which xan be physically possessed, bitcoin is more like a digital currency meaning its virtually available. Bitcoin and Gold is actually the same, they actually dont have value they just considered valuable simply because people decide to and its demand actually determines it price.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:57:10 PM

Bitcoin is very similar in many ways to gold. The limited nature of its supply being the most common, this allows them both to in theory function as a store of value. Bitcoin has little intrinsic value as it is not tangible but it has many other benefits in that it's easily transferable at low costs and so is more suited to use as a means of payment.
Highly similar, but since we are referring to digital gold, that sounds reasonable. However, with the fact that it has even outperformed gold in so many ways even makes it more of an interesting digital asset to hold. Except for ornaments and designs, gold can only serve the purpose of it being more a controlled asset to me anyway but with bitcoin, things are even better and being a process of payment which we cannot easily do with gold makes it awesome.

Bitcoin is even more exciting considering that is by far limited in supply. If we are to look at the fact that bitcoin has some huge value due to the solutions it has given and for the fact that you can easily hold your thing without having to worry, with also the fact that it is easily accessible, then that makes it more fantastic than even gold, but if we are to look in the literal sense of it being an asset, then we can equate it to a digital gold.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:21:26 AM

Bitcoin has all the same characteristics as gold. The amount of Bitcoin is limited (only a certain amount will be produced), Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit (1 Bitcoin = 100,000,000 Satoshi the smallest unit of Bitcoin, just like cents in Dollars or Pennies in Pounds, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin), Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not degrade, nor can fake Bitcoin be made. Besides, unlike gold, you can move Bitcoin anywhere in the world in minutes, regardless of the amount of Bitcoin. That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but better digital gold.
The only thing gold has over bitcoin is a long story of being a store of value, in almost any other aspect bitcoin is better this is why I think we are going to see the day where the market cap of bitcoin will be bigger than the market cap of gold, I do not know how long it will take but we will see it and when that happens the ones that said bitcoin will disappear will have a lot of explaining to do while we in the other hand enjoy our profits.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:56:45 AM

Exactly I could also say yes that bitcoin is a degital gold, if there is a real gold we have also a digital gold. The number one reason why? because of the price really high value. The second one because of the popularity and lastly it is really exist and many users trust bitcoin.
udroxz

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:00:32 AM

Yes i think bitcoin is digital gold but its virtual
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: