Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:17:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1027 times)
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:26:25 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Many consider bitcoin as digital gold and they are right. Bitcoin is something that is with one word beautiful. Many speak of him as digital gold and they are right, bitcoin is digital gold and it have more value then real gold with still dont make some reasonable sense for many companies, that why many consider using bitcoin or creating mining farm for mining bitcoin, they have everything for this.
yes true, in my opinion also bitcoin can be regarded as digital gold because bitcoin price is more valuable than pure gold though.

can be bitcoin is gold because bitcoin is a popular universal cryptocurrency used to buy or trade in the market, which is similar to gold as a universal currency in addition bitcoin does not depend on the exchange rate. Bitcoin is considered as digital gold because it is now accepted in the online market exchange
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 03:38:30 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Gold can be mined more or less dependig on demand cruve while BTC have their rules that you can allways mine less and less. From economics is better to hold BTC IMO than gold.
Same time gold exisits in physical realm so if your powerplant goes off you can have something on hand.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:36:13 AM

Gold can be mined more or less dependig on demand cruve while BTC have their rules that you can allways mine less and less. From economics is better to hold BTC IMO than gold.
Same time gold exisits in physical realm so if your powerplant goes off you can have something on hand.

bitcoin can be mined too but we only can mined bitcoin on the internet using the hardware. I think gold is in the real life and bitcoin is in the online life and both is worth for us but for me, bitcoin is really worth depends on gold because I don't have a gold for now. but the price for bitcoin and gold is different and bitcoin price is too volatile depends on the gold but people in out there really like to have a gold as their investment.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:50:48 AM

Of course it is different how can bitcoin and gold are equalized while bitcoin is an electronic currency while,Gold has certain characteristics that make its value better than other objects,Gold is also rare (limited)
thank you
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:50:47 AM

Many consider bitcoin as digital gold and they are right. Bitcoin is something that is with one word beautiful. Many speak of him as digital gold and they are right, bitcoin is digital gold and it have more value then real gold with still dont make some reasonable sense for many companies, that why many consider using bitcoin or creating mining farm for mining bitcoin, they have everything for this.
yes true, in my opinion also bitcoin can be regarded as digital gold because bitcoin price is more valuable than pure gold though.
We can say it, absolutely. Bitcoins have shown such amazing feat of excellence in past few years that people are now considering bitcoins more than gold or any other assets. Even stock exchange have been left behind and now population is more coming towards crypto currencies. Well, we hope this will continue and people all around the world just believe in bitcoins and work for them.

sirenmoon

Activity: 121
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:42:05 AM

With its limitless supply Bitcoin can be compared to the gold which is also limited but not yet discovered around the world. There is a big amount of the real gold hidden around the world which cant be said for the Bitcoin but if we make a comparison with all the lost wallets that had some amount of BTC or particles of Bitcoin then we could say that Bitcoin is virtual and digital gold. I personally love the physical assets and would be very happy if I had lived in the times when the gold mining was popular. Today the reality is different and we are all depending on the network which can provide us a nice amount of profit if we take the right opportunities ( crypto)!

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
Delivey
Copper Member

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:54:00 PM

People are trying to mine cryptocurrency and trade it - it can be called the new type of gold.
twarden

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:06:29 PM

Gold and bitcoin are similar investments though keep in mind that gold has a real world physical application in manufacturing which will effect the demand for it differently.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:07:40 PM

In the real sense of it, all the characteristics, properties and potentialities embedded in Gold can as well be perceived in Bitcoin , even more than that. I can say You are correct. But what I can say is that Gold is physical and its obviously believed by everybody who are opportuned to access it. Bitcoin has not gained the consent of every souls that heard about it, and even so many are still very much ignorant of Bitcoin presence and its usefulness.
Bitcoin is way better than gold but gold has been trusted for so long that we cannot expect the change to happen overnight and when we add the volatility of the market compared with how slowly gold moves then this creates even more uncertainty for gold holders since they see bitcoin as not having intrinsic value like gold which is ridiculous but it is the most common argument I see for those that prefer to hold gold and not bitcoin.
Yankae

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:21:13 PM

Yes i think bitcoin can be considered as a similar to gold,its just that bitcoin has the upper characteristics or factor as an asset compare to the traditional gold.Another thing is bitcoin is more secured than gold.
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:56:58 PM

For me bitcoin is more than the price of gold. Bitcoin has made investors far richer than gold has recently. Bitcoin is a digital gold, store of value like the precious metal itself, and it doesn’t need to have a lot of practical uses to be worth a lot of money.
jayhawk1

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:06:42 AM

As close as you can get to being digital gold with the one addition that you don't need to carry it around with you. All you need to remember is a 12 or 24 word seed phrase and you have your wallet in your brain at all times!
Either that or most especially your private key depending on the wallet you have, but to me, I always prefer the idea of having your private keys anyway. Bitcoin is really related to a digital gold considering the fact that it serves as an asset and even a currency which can easily be used. As more people keep adopting it, the better and I feel it makes thing better than holding even gold right now.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:46:33 PM

With its limitless supply Bitcoin can be compared to the gold which is also limited but not yet discovered around the world. There is a big amount of the real gold hidden around the world which cant be said for the Bitcoin but if we make a comparison with all the lost wallets that had some amount of BTC or particles of Bitcoin then we could say that Bitcoin is virtual and digital gold. I personally love the physical assets and would be very happy if I had lived in the times when the gold mining was popular. Today the reality is different and we are all depending on the network which can provide us a nice amount of profit if we take the right opportunities ( crypto)!
The supply of bitcoin is not limitless in fact it is completely the opposite the supply of bitcoin is limited, while with gold this is not the case, bitcoin is difficult to find and mine but we have no idea of how much gold it is hidden there could be mountains of gold yet to be discovered that could make the price of gold crash while the price of bitcoin will be unaffected by this.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:03:29 PM

Some people are pretend that bitcoin is digital gold. But actually they are different, gold is physical asset and bitcoin is digital asset. But you should consider about the risk too. Bitcoin is good for trading and online transactions but the risk is very big in it.

I share same view with you. Bitcoin only exit in internet and can be used directly as means of payment (buying and selling)which fiat value is known and also for exchange. I however think gold is not a standard and well known means of buying and selling but exchange. I do not think bitcoin and Gold can be compared in the measure that OP is assuming.
Somratbd

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:20:19 PM

Bitcoin is a gold coin because bitcoin is a digital currency that is internationally recognized and gold internationally recognized. Bitcoin can be bought online in different products. Many things can be bought with gold. Currently, bitcoin is more expensive than gold.
gledek

Activity: 103

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:41:10 PM

yes can be said like that ..
Original gold and digital gold have something in common, both can be mine. but the real difference in gold in the mines on earth uses extra energy, while digital gold or bitcoin in the mine through the internat.
highquA1

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:01:54 AM

If petroleum can be liquid gold why the btcs cant be digital gold LOL -_-
Hexon

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:34:21 AM

When talking about the nature of gold that can be moved or stored its value, and decentralized. So Bitcoin can be likened to gold in digital form. Bitcoin can also be stored in the hardware wallet for a long time, can also be moved anywhere in an instant, even the added advantage of Bitcoin is that it can be shared quickly and physically intangible that can be seen by the preying eyes. That makes it safer than gold.
Martinkuhn

Activity: 161

0xf54CA5618b90810722B0e833DC150a97743A40B4

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:41:21 AM

your post is inspired by the recent words of Peter Thiel?

https://www.coindesk.com/peter-thiel-bitcoin-will-one-online-equivalent-gold/

Bitcoin is definitely like digital gold. It is not going to be a form of payment as it is not legal tender in many parts of the world.. this is similar to gold in the fact that you cant buy food with gold shavings etc..

It is a commodity that is desired by many.. much like gold. People want to own BTC cos they feel it will appreciate in price as it is limited in supply and it appreciates in value.

The only difference is that BTC cant be mould into a jewellery and be worn on the body haha.

M E D I C H A I N ¦ The Medical Big - Data Platform ¦ M E D I C H A I N (https://medichain.online/)
 SAVING LIVES WITH BLOCKCHAIN
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:43:34 AM

Yet with the sophistication of the system, the ease of internet connection, and the development of IT today. Very possible, someone uses cashless system, but not using rupiah. Digital version gold is used
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: