Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:20:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1027 times)
minbabo

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:00:03 AM

Yes, I think this is digital gold.
gristlygrudging34

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 01:17:30 PM

its better not to reach out for this 'Gold' rather work and earn or invest real world gold. it will make you low but safe profit
azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:36:28 PM

its better not to reach out for this 'Gold' rather work and earn or invest real world gold. it will make you low but safe profit

Sometimes its better to take risk rather then play safe. Many new rich people are rich cuz they made right move in bitcoin and now they have good amount of money and they didn't do anything just made one risk investment.
bajigur894784

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 07:57:29 PM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Yes, Bitcoin has all the same characteristics as gold.

Just like gold, the amount of Bitcoin is limited, then , Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin.

Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not experience degradation, nor is it possible to be made fake Bitcoin.

Besides, unlike gold, you can move Bitcoin anywhere in the world in minutes.

Regardless of similaritys. That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but the better gold.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:27:20 PM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Just like gold, the amount of Bitcoin is limited, then , Bitcoin can be broken down into smaller units without losing the value of the unit, so we can buy less than one Bitcoin.

Bitcoin technology is also stable and will not experience degradation, nor is it possible to be made fake Bitcoin.

Regardless of similaritys. That's why people call Bitcoin a digital gold, but the better gold.
Bitcoin is considerable as gold in terms of value. But if we prefer on appearance gold is really amazing. Bitcoin is really precious today like gold because it is really valuable but it only runs through internet because it is a digital currency and I also believe that gold is more popular than bitcoin, because bitcoin is new to this modern world while gold is a historical and all of the people around the globe really know about gold.
Hadji

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:17:34 PM

Bitcoin is considerable as gold in terms of value. But if we prefer on appearance gold is really amazing. Bitcoin is really precious today like gold because it is really valuable but it only runs through internet because it is a digital currency and I also believe that gold is more popular than bitcoin, because bitcoin is new to this modern world while gold is a historical and all of the people around the globe really know about gold.

And if there is no internet? What will happen to this "gold". Even scary to think, rather than gold and the dollar of the crypto-currency market.
rainezerr

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:35:55 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency just like credit cards and in order for us to earn profit then we should hold our coins for a very long time till the price in the market increase but still we can use this cryptocurrency we are holding to pay bills and any items we want to purchase as long as there's a cryptocurrency payment method.

seizetehday5

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:45:11 PM

Of course it is digital gold, name me another currency you can't inflate? Simple as that, the law of mathematics win every time. Bitcoin is a marvel when you consider it that way, the fact that no currency like this has ever come before it.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 10:18:13 PM

And if there is no internet? What will happen to this "gold". Even scary to think, rather than gold and the dollar of the crypto-currency market.

No internet means obviously no on-chain transactions. It however is still possible to transact off-chain, which at that point basically means that you and other parties exchange private keys holding a certain amount of Bitcoin value. It's a method requiring an insane level of trust, but it at least is possible to still exchange value, and that's something a lot people don't even know or think about. Gold however is also a great asset to hold alongside Bitcoin, and that's something the more high level holders here do as well. I personally hold almost 250 grams in small gold bars currently, and that amount has been growing year after year....

Bitcoin is a virtual currency just like credit cards

It's not. Credit cards are nothing more than an optional service being offered by whatever financial institution. It's impossible and not appropriate to compare complete opposites. A credit card is nothing by itself -- it thrives on fiat in the end, and that's the main factor.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:23:32 PM

For me, it seems like a digital gold because it was also being mined. The only thing is that the cost of Gold is stable in the market while the cost of bitcoin is very volatile. So for me, its a digital Gold with a volatile value.
crazydave

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:28:03 PM

you may consider it as online gold
PrettyFace2018

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold, digital gold currency is a form of electronic money or digital currency based on mass units of gold. It is a kind of representative money, like a US paper gold certificate at the time  that these were exchangeable for gold on demand. The typical unit of account for such currency is linked to grams or troy ounces of gold, although other units such as the gold dinar are sometimes used. DGCs are backed by gold through unallocated or allocated gold storage. Digital gold currencies are issued by a number of companies, each of which provides a system that enables users to pay each other in units that hold the same value as gold bullion. These competing providers issue a type of independent currency.
Elsie123

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:31:55 AM

Seriously, other than for tax purposes, why would anyone here care about what Bitcoin should be considered? If you put Bitcoin against every available developed asset, it has similarities with each one of them in its own way.
qwirtiii

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 06:56:01 AM

Well, That is a yes for me. Bitcoin will be our digital gold because its value is going to change day by day. Sometimes it decrease and increase . And it is possible that someday you become a millionare because of your hardworks in getting more tokens.
torch2121

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 08:13:22 AM

Yes agree. Digital gold. Since its digital world its the same use for gold investment. Having a limited supply of bitcoin is having a big value. Same characteristic. Just that the difference for me bitcoin is much easy to use by the touch of the finger I can use it. Compare to real gold I have to change it first to fiat before I can use it.

asadbd1

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:57:10 AM

As i can see that Bitcoins's value is rising up again, Therefore many investors is making a move again to buy some BTC and take a profit once the value goes dip and soar high again.
hannan1111

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:01:55 PM

I agree with your opinion ... gold can be moved hands and can not be duplicated ... but gold is much more stable its price compared with bitcoin ..
mikhaila2304

Activity: 73

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:05:12 PM

gold investment is low risk and long term investment ... bitcoin high risk for short term investment. ...
BlinkLifeHippo

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:23:55 PM

If petroleum can be liquid gold why the btcs cant be digital gold LOL -_-
Kambala07

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:34:51 AM

have you heard of digital gold? Gold in digital form so emang there? Well klo name pool account know? It's a gold node program, but we are only given an account of username and password to login on the pool account website. To check our gold balance transactions, transaction history, gold melting, and so on.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: