Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:07:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNCMiner REfusing refunds  (Read 9506 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2013, 04:33:04 PM

I didn't know I could get a short term loan to cover the taxes, ill investigate that tomorrow. but I've got shitty credit. :-/ but if the bank will allow the assets of the estate to be used as collateral they should say yes. if they wont, I know what the answer will be. 

are you fucking kidding me? I posted that ages ago on this thread. I am really concerned for sanity.... You even quoted some of that post....  Roll Eyes

Maybe it's a Texas thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Razorr

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 04:37:26 PM

I wouldn't want that junk sent back to me either. Undecided
Kaliecious (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:12:44 AM

I didn't know I could get a short term loan to cover the taxes, ill investigate that tomorrow. but I've got shitty credit. :-/ but if the bank will allow the assets of the estate to be used as collateral they should say yes. if they wont, I know what the answer will be. 

are you fucking kidding me? I posted that ages ago on this thread. I am really concerned for sanity.... You even quoted some of that post....  Roll Eyes

Maybe it's a Texas thing.

Hey cage, Thanks for the advice, I went to bank and after about 20 mins they was trying to approve me for the full 30k needed and I upset them with asking for the 12k I wanted. it sucks though I sold almost 100 coins and kept 10 for me. :-/ but I guess all's well that ends well. 

crescendo

Activity: 29

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:56:20 AM

Do you have any proof for this..
Kaliecious (OP)

Activity: 246

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 07:26:51 AM

Do you have any proof for this..

proof of the no refunds being offered, yes I do, its on the first page. if ya didn't skim the thread like I sometimes do you would see the big huge pic of the email I posted.

samo

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 07:11:05 AM

We see no reason why it cant work like that, the only addition I will add is that the refund will be 100% with the order cancelled, We wont be offering a discount/refund and still shipping you the boxes. Refunds are offered up to the day of shipment of your order.

Above all else we will be fair.
Sam

https://i.imgur.com/6Ms5qIu.png
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 10:33:03 AM

Funny  This is EXACTLY the same crap BFL tried to pull....  Scum Bags...  All of them

Greed!!!!

for them doesnt matter if one more or less unit will be shipped
they are the same units.

they are disgusting liars, such a shame.

problem is, jupiter production cost is about 500$, first early adopters are paying ridiculous margin for NRE for the next months, years.

those early adopters are all fucked by knc due to late shipping, no working prototype at the last days of september.

that means they will get maybe 50% back what they have paid in BTC, or less.

The voltage regulators alone cost $500.  $1000 on the 8-VRM versions.

Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 12:51:03 PM

woah! If that's true KnC is going to have hard time competing with other ASIC manufacturers in the future.
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:27:54 PM

woah! If that's true KnC is going to have hard time competing with other ASIC manufacturers in the future.

I don't think this generation was exactly built for price wars or efficiency, they seemed to mainly focusing on getting something that would work without proper testing and evaluation to make sure they could stick to their schedule. Building in margins to account for worst case scenarios and trying to rush things can increase cost exponentially quite easily.
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 01:37:01 PM

Funny  This is EXACTLY the same crap BFL tried to pull....  Scum Bags...  All of them

Greed!!!!

they are the same units.

problem is, jupiter production cost is about 500$, first early adopters are paying ridiculous margin for NRE for the next months, years.

those early adopters are all fucked by knc due to late shipping, no working prototype at the last days of september.

Proof? I doubt this
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 02:37:14 PM

I got the impression BFL is hardly even trying; they don't seem to work weekends, they don't even seem to make full use of their assembly space/stations by running shifts 24/7 so are presumably only using 1/3 to 1/2 the number of people in assembly as the space could fit if put to full use.

-MarkM-

Trust me! When BFL rids their backlog by the end of the year, give or take, they'll be free to dedicate their entire resources to only one line--the Monarch. And since they have learned from all pass mistakes, they're be no problem when them getting all the units pre-sold into the hands of their customs no later then the end of February as promised projected.

OTOH, KnC promised that all refunds will be honored up to the time of the item being shipped and I will cry fowl, like a free-ranged chicken, if they renege on that promise.

You sir are thoughly brainwashed...................BFL has NOT learned anything,except how guillable customers are  Roll Eyes

Phinnaeus Gage is kidding I assume. Similar to
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=236309.msg2501963#msg2501963
or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=278780.0

No love lost between Inaba and Phinnaeus...
That PG is gone. May he rest in peace, because he kept me in stitches with his posts. We need a best of PG. Those were some classic posts.

Ironically, the post in question was penned to keep you in stitches, but somehow it got lost in translation. Short of using the seven letter word starting with s and ending with m, did you notice the strikethrough on the word promise?

Thank god for that; sometimes when it seems everyone else has gone crazy, one starts to question one's own sanity...

Thanks Phinnaeus, for confirming to me that I've not gone off the deep end
He's still got it. I'm glad that you have some piece of mind now. That's worth more than what a bunch of tools say in the trollforums.

The only thing I've mostly scaled back is the vitriol attacks and FUD. Trust me, I'm not brainwashed. Anybody planning on going to Atlanta next week?

Remember to say Hi, to Josh and Jody Wink
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

Greed!!!!

they are the same units.

Proof? I doubt this

Look it up.

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-30
Today we have our PCB’s back from the assembly house. These boards will each contain one ASIC chip and be individually connected to the main controller board. The Chip in the picture below is an FPGA which we are using to emulate the full functionality of the boards.

The entire space you can see in the middle of the  DC/DC modules (GE Critical Power DC/DC CONVERTER 0.45-2V 40A SMD)  will be consumed by our ASIC. 

We would also like to share some facts about our boards with you.

The DC/DC modules we have on our boards are the largest and best quality available from GE Critical Power. Each capable of 40 amps making the max available 320 amps per ASIC
    Our PCB laminat is not standard either. It has been given extra thick copper layers and multiple power and ground plains which enable it to more than handle our requirements.
    We will be using these boards to fully validate the entire setup. They will consume the same power, make the same noise level, produce the same heat and run the same RTL code. The only difference will be related to hashing.

I assume you know how to check the price of an electronic component, right?

They now that they have their chips, and know they don't actually take 40*8 amps each they can try cheaper components to see if they work as well.

arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:43:42 PM

Confirming KNC refuses to refund the amount of BTC they were given for their products. They offered to refund almost 50% less though, take it or leave it?

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:46:33 PM

Confirming KNC refuses to refund the amount of BTC they were given for their products. They offered to refund almost 50% less though, take it or leave it?

rly? could you please post KNC response with this statement?
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 04:51:28 PM

Ofcourse they're not giving you back the amount of BTC you originally bought the device for. Due to volatility they almost immediately liquidate the BTC at the price it was at when you paid for the device. If BTC had crashed to $20 do you think they would give you the amount of BTC back you paid for? I'm certain you would feel ripped off if they did, so their only sensible choice is to refund the money in $ or in its value in BTC at the current exchange rate.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
arlekyn13

Activity: 288

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:07:32 PM

"Due to volatility they almost immediately liquidate the BTC at the price it was at when you paid for the device." - not my call what they do with their BTC and how can you be sure of your statement?

"If BTC had crashed to $20 do you think they would give you the amount of BTC back you paid for? I'm certain you would feel ripped off if they did" - not really and still willing to take the risk if they refund me my full amount of BTC. Tomorrow it might fall to $20, right?

Also please notice that they refused to refund between 1st-15th of Oct when the BTC rate was relatively stable, while allowing refunds now... that says a lot about their honesty.

1CmrswU7JYpi9WNC8EHWCV3aam1FJsW2Zu - to show appreciation for my work
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 05:15:04 PM

Full refunds in BTC are something you should not expect from any company.
faetos

Activity: 744
Merit: 514

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:37:08 PM

At least they are offering refunds.... btc, fiat, whatever
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:52:46 PM

Full refunds in BTC are something you should not expect from any company.
Why?

User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 10:53:27 PM

What does it say in their terms of sale?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: