Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:45:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Twitter Scammers  (Read 19732 times)
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:40:48 PM

Not only are the scammers doing the fake accounts that say "send .02 BTC and get triple" but apparently now they are either buying verified accounts or hacking them and changing the names and pictures to cryptocurrency people. Now it can actually be hard to tell if someone is scamming.

An example:https://twitter.com/officialmcafee/status/967887920991559681

Really shitty that this is happening. Be careful everyone
This is a cheap scam, and I will not believe in them, the foolish ones with the easy-going mind will become the prey for wild animals. You should carefully check the information of any person on the social network before depositing because everything can be fraud.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
budarkcyber

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 12:49:27 PM

Not only are the scammers doing the fake accounts that say "send .02 BTC and get triple" but apparently now they are either buying verified accounts or hacking them and changing the names and pictures to cryptocurrency people. Now it can actually be hard to tell if someone is scamming.

Yes it is true, now scammers are getting more and more clever, now it is increasingly difficult to tell which scammers and who are not. So we should always stay alert and always check every account before buying BTC or other cyptocurrency
Vova050898

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:01:44 PM

frankly, I've never been involved in such scams, but it's sad when people count your work want to earn)))
Olayinka225

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:44:58 PM

Even not on telegram alone.
All of a sudden, you might just find yourself in an airdrop telegram group or channels asking you to send 0.01eth to receive 222,222units of there worthlesss scam tokens. One just have to be very careful, quite a number of it are on twitter as you just said.
Lets watch out guys!!!
marjon

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:01:14 PM

They are actually everywhere, not just in Twitter & Facebook but on other social networks as well. And bit hard to distinguish whether that one with dummy accounts are scammers or not, we can only determine if they start to offer suspicious schemes. We shouldn't not easy to fall by them.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:06:14 PM

Thank you for the reminder, only one thing to avoid this kind of strategy of the scammers do not gives trust without any proper proofs the legality of their offers need also to investigate for the security purposes.

tutorroma

Activity: 255

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

There are many such fraudsters every day. In recent years, the price of bitcoin has been getting higher and higher. Many fraudsters try to make use of the fast dissemination function of social media. I think there will be more and more deception in the future.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:47:19 PM

Thank you for the reminder, only one thing to avoid this kind of strategy of the scammers do not gives trust without any proper proofs the legality of their offers need also to investigate for the security purposes.

Mostly those greed are the victims of this kind of schemes that become blinded when the offers of multiple profit had been offered,and for me thats the best thing to happen so they will learned from experience

But for many users who might become victims,better to verify first those offering before bite the baits
krishnaverma

Activity: 1288
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:05:21 PM

I really feel sad to hear all this. People are using social networking websites in completely wrong way.

Also, we should remember that how a normal user sees social networking websites is very much different in comparison to that of people like us who are active in crypto and online world. Many of them are innocent and thus fall for all this. There should be very strict laws against all this all over the world.
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:38:42 PM

Every twitter feed, post, tweets the scammer posting thousand of post, and I do not understand why twiiter not taking any action. they are scamming thousand of people, lots of people losing money.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
kenzruiz

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

Nowadays many fake account use, to fool people. The scammer take advantage the internet today to steal money from people especially in a social media site specifically twitter, just a blink of an eye thousand of money get scammed.
miniyou

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:25:00 PM

Scammers trying to give us offers to multiplying bitcoins and trying to say give u good returns also many scammers making fake websites of exchanges and wallets where peoples put their id and password then scammers steal their bitcoins before one week one antminer told me i am doing mining and taking one time 71$ fee and daily give u 106$ but he don't know mining is costly need costly hardware and electricity so we need to aware from this kind of Scammers.
Favouredhart
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:28:21 PM

Thanks for this information. I am new in crypto and not really into twitter but will watchout for this shitty scam so i dont fall a victim. Scamming rate increasing daily.
oceantiger

Activity: 308
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 04:54:55 PM

I was a victim of this ugly incidents and I lost a twitter account of over 3000 followers. I do not know what happened but i could no longer log into my account and the password were changed by some body who logged in from Russia. This experience was painful and real everyone should protect their account securely.
maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:56:46 PM

Scammets tend to do all the possible tricks just to hooked up people who has an easy getting convinced. The thing is, when scammers are convincing us about something that we think it is impossible to happen, then ignore them, go away and do not entertained such because it is for sure just a trick of scam.
tegarp90

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

Only dumb will get scammed to this.
There's no way a public figure in crypto giveaway their crypto, they just share knowledge and never give crypto for free
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:19:47 PM

Its a trouble that there are people like that everywhere, especially for the new ones that start. When they see that there is so much money, they throw themselves and do not get anything, in fact they take them away.
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:41:03 PM

thanks for the info! but I think that any adequate person should understand that everyone can not send their money! especially to send people who wrote something somewhere! you need to be careful with all social sites!
railyako

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:39:12 AM

There are just people that got consumed by greed. Looking for any ways just to get money out of peope. Twitter should try to impleement something against this. This is just unfortunate.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 11:29:20 PM

If this is true it should be reported to Twitter management, and the real account owner should also report this to authorities because they are using this for nefarious activities, and this will ruin their reputation. That accounts must be banned if it is real though.
Even if you report the situation to twitter management they won't do much cause the case is not new and twitter management are yet to do something about it. Meanwhile, Facebook secure their user by temporarily close any account or group which find suspicious unless they provide all the necessary documents. I wonder why some bounty owner even do twitter campaign.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: