Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2024, 05:07:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4539 times)
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:54:30 AM

Hello!IM afraid to prticipate in icos when need to fill up the kyc paper,dont understand if blockchain and crypto currency is build for anonimity then where is now all this stuff?Why we need fill kyc if the whole system is buld for anonimity...Yes i understand many scamers is now in ico and need to invest some regulations new but this thing crush all meaning about blockchain and crypto..

zurc

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

SOKOS.io

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:00:31 PM

I had joined a bounty that requires KYC and thankfully I have passed the procedure they did it because the company is based in US and they are required to do KYC for bounties because of the law

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:01:24 PM

If it's not a bad project, and you know that it will bring profit, then why not join it. Moreover, now many projects for investors introduce the KYC procedure. Already there is nothing to be surprised. The rules for the ICO project will be tightened, which will force project developers to implement this procedure everywhere.
Yolandi

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:01:29 PM

I think that ICOs that require KYC are more save for the customers

▄▀▀▀▀▀     INSUREUM     ▀▀▀▀▀▄
《 THE NEW INSURANCE ECOSYSTEM 》
▀▄   token.zikto.com/insureum   ▄▀
futureofeth

Activity: 686
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:03:53 PM

Now, most of the companies are asking for KYC documents because every company is doing the audit after crowdsale. Companies are asking KYC because their concerned lawyers are making a statement we can show to the government whenever they ask the ICO companies. It is another way for security reason to protect the investors and their investments.
rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:50:23 PM

I do not like kyc in ico, because i've been disappointed with some ic that require kyc. The data I have given is never accepted by the organizers, even though the data is genuine have my own.
Sometimes they also ask for copies of utility bills or water on our behalf, but what if we rent a house or apartment and certainly his bill is not our name.
They also sometimes do not accept the id cards of some countries and only accept passports. This is a problem for me and maybe for other investors.
I have no problem with KYC and I am still following ICO that required KYC even they don't accept my ID card because on my ID card is showing expired period but in fact in my country is valid for whole life. No problem as long as i think the project is high potential because i still can use passport to register.

sunno330

Activity: 406

homt.net

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

Yes, I like this process.
There is a good system for stop spamming. Nowadays we see many people using multi-account and creating spam.
So, for this KYC is really good process. Which is identify a legal investor. Who wants to success the project and he also gets profit.
I support KYC.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
klebsiella

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:11:02 PM

Yes I joined once and I think it's fine undergoing KYC as long as the ICO is legit and promising. Besides, you can edit your picture to cover confidential details such as government ID's identification number. Important thing is, always be careful when joining any ICO or airdrop especially those requiring KYC.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
APICEMTECH

Activity: 308

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:17:25 PM

The whole point of cryto was to take power from centralized agencies and put it in the hands of the people. Remaining anonymous is one of the most important thing to do in crypto sphere. What sucks is that there have been few ICO's which after conducting there ICO has asked token buyers to provide  documents for KYC.

Karmakid

Activity: 742
Merit: 397

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:24:38 PM

I don't usually join those kinds of ICO's but if they are worth it and trust worthy of our information then why not,
But I am really curious on why do they need KYC for if other people could easily buy their coin in the market once it hits the trading sites.
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:06:57 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
Well, when crypto started, no one thought it would come thus far (I mean projects demanding users identity). Crypto was made to be decentralized with anonymity, but the situation has turmed around due to government intrusion. They want to create regulations as hard as tgey can all in the name of financial protection, and which is somehow true. Because many scam projects have been going on lately and this affects the investors, traders and every other person doing any crypto activity. Now i gave this intro so as to conclude that, yes KYCs are good looking at the current situation in crypto whereby many governments want to ban it, and then scammers are on the increase. It also protects investors as I said above. And by the way, if governments will think of regulations through KYC and others and not ban, then it'll be good news for all of us in some way. So i would reiterate that KYCs are not bad for now, but we should be still careful of the type of people/project we submit our documents to
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:06:43 PM

I am not fundamentally attached to those ICO companies that require a KYC review. These ICO companies need to be advertised and bought their tokens. Without such a company and their tokens, I can do without, but these campaigns, without investors and participants in the campaign of generosity, are unlikely. The presence or absence of verification of KYC is unlikely to affect whether such ICO companies will be fraudulent or not, but we can get a lot of trouble. if your personal data and copies of passports are passed into the hands of scammers.
X-avier

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:14:52 PM

I think there is nothing wrong if you really have chosen a project for investment and are ready to invest in it your money then the passage of the procedure KYC should not cause you to abandon this project! But I do not advise to undergo KYC in different airdrop and dubious companies.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
ulia93

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:48 PM

I believe that KYC is needed by governments of different countries in order to identify their citizens and control their contributions to the ICO and attract taxes, but this undermines the very idea of ​​anonymous cryptocurrency. As for KYC, its implementation does not help to eradicate fraudulent ICO projects. The problem is not in those who participate in the ICO and exactly the reason is not in those who participate in bounty campaigns. Eliminating deliberately fraudulent ICO will help KYC for the development team and all those who are represented as a team and this information should be public.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:10:32 PM

i do. More than 90 percent of the icos require KYC verification. And all of the major icos do. like rest 10 percent is only the crap ones. So anybody that need to join an ico have to submit their information to get approvel in kyc. there is no other way...
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:31:31 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Many ICOs these days require KYC and the reason they do that is so that it will be easier for them to access their funds and also for some future requirements, but i guess you should first study the ICO to ensure that it is not scam before giving away your information.

CisColtz

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:33:00 PM

If the project is good and the bounty is a little solid then for sure I'm gonna join a bounty that requieres KYC. We will adapt to this no matter what , but KYC is not necesary for bounties in my opinion.
CriptoNata

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:08:49 AM

Why not! I do not see anything wrong with KYC checks. This is the opposite of honesty Ico. In the crypt everything must be fair and fair!
BaeNaNa

Activity: 286

Cryptics

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:18:56 AM

If i think that the ico is great then i will join it even if it requires kyc because it's too good to miss out and i can make a lot of money if i join. For airdrops, i will never participate if they require a kyc because it's just an airdrop so why should we give them private information, it's not like the token worth more than our private information.

pikebu

Activity: 854
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:19:51 AM

Yes i am join ICOs that require KYC when we want to invest into them but before i makes desicions to join in there, i always make analysis about the projects of ICOs first, it will helps to ignore scam ICOs to getting my personal information. And i don't join in airdrop that require KYC, KYC on the ICOs is not bad because the good ICOs projects usually they need KYC to anticipating money laundry in their project.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: