Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:42:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
vidam

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:42:24 PM

I don't have any problem it providing KYC identification . Lately all ICO require the passage of KYC  this is becoming normal. I am more concerned if the good ICO project does not require providing KYC identification. It is probably a Scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Pompa

Activity: 297

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 06:05:18 AM

As far as i know i think we need to carefully about our identification but ofcourse try to joined in ICOs did not need kYC and i think there are many ICO project are good
myfamilyisthebest01

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

I do that from time to time, but rarely and only if I'm sure of the project. I will never do KYC for airdrops. You should choose ICOs very carefully if you don't want to have problems with passing the KYC, because there's a lot of scam now.
popotao91

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:29:07 PM

I try to choose projects that require proof of identity. It's a weak defense against deception, but I like to participate more in such projects. If you think about security I think you will have to make the same choice. The market is weak and a lot of fraudsters want to return their money for the troubled projects.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:18:32 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

For airdrops, i dont want to give my information. The rewards of airdrop is not worth to my identity information.
But for the ICO, and usually the one who give security token to their investors, KYC must be done properly before the investor buying their token.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Moshi Moshi

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:23:01 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

For airdrops, i dont want to give my information. The rewards of airdrop is not worth to my identity information.
But for the ICO, and usually the one who give security token to their investors, KYC must be done properly before the investor buying their token.
of course I will also do it because it is a rule for a ICO project and it is also very useful for them, because then there is no falsification of identity and with KYC they can see who participate in their project.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:34:55 PM

KYC for airdrop? I say NO. If ICOs need KYC, it's a common requirement depending to the rules and regulatory where the project based. So before joining ICOs, I think we all know it is a must to do researches around the project beside the potential of investing on the ICOs.
adutlf88xn

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:30:03 AM

I just feel KYC is a security check measures helping both the customer and the investment itself. Sometimes the intent of KYC is not known from onset only a few states it from the beginning, but KYC is not a bad idea to me, especially if the ICO is a promising one.
beautygirl816

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 09:47:14 AM

Being anonymous is fine yet make sure to only provide the document on the trusted ico and company only. You would never want to provide your data to theft and they could be used your document for the illegal purpose. I'm fine with KYC as long as I know what is the purpose behind it.
loansdd876

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 03:03:13 PM

Can anyone name me an ICO which gave good profits for its investors and didn't require to pass KYC? I don't think that there's such ICOs. All good ICOs have KYC and if you want to earn money you have to pass it whether you like it or not. Though I understand all the risks but I really have no choice.
Glen1989

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:39:46 PM

I have no problem with KYC. And if I like the project, it does not stop me at all - but there will be fewer participants - since not everyone approves of this procedure
Ian11

Activity: 145

View Profile
July 08, 2018, 07:53:58 PM

First of all i think that KYC have different opinions coming from us and in admins or moderators, For us it is not good because there is a steps or instructions that we need to do before we get our bounty rewards. For admins or moderators KYC in a ICO can give security in there project against fake user or bounty receiver. So it depends in a Campaign if the admins or moderators conduct KYC, but for me it is okay, because it give also additional points that this Campaign is legit and profitable.
Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:01:42 AM

Nowadays , it's very difficult to find ICO that doesn't require to do KYC . Moreover , it's impossible to find a really good and much promising project , that have no KYC requirments , because they are trying to work in legal field , and thus follow the regulator's requirements. As for me , I invest in ICO only if I really believe in provided technology , and submit documents for KYC when it needed by a respectful project.
Yes it is due to some legal requirements of most jurisdiction that necessitated KYC process in order for this projects not to attract citizens from where they are not allowed to participate in ICOs and to also know those who are under watch or AML.
ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:42:46 AM

In my practice, I usually try to select projects for which verification of identity is necessary. Yes, it is not necessary to consider full protection from deception, but such projects seem to me more reliable.
jeungo

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:45:16 AM

I try to choose such projects. The reasons can be a lot from the simple, that the team strive to tempt laws, to the fair distribution of funds. After all, if you recall the times when someone came in, there were a lot of fraudsters among the projects, I think it will change soon.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:26:49 AM

A lot if ICOs are almost doing KYC because it's not that they want to but because they need to comply with that country's jurisdiction concerning ICOs so I already accepted that fact so I join if the ICO insisted it or not.
King Koy

Activity: 160

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:38:39 AM

I think joining in an ICO asking for kyc is another type of entering in a risk situation and we can easily accept it because everything in crypto currency is risky.
RaiNain

Activity: 135

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 07:47:32 AM

I joined ico no matter with the presence or absence of kyc. I chose ico based on the shading team and also the background of the project. if indeed the team that shaded ico is a professional team then I will join.
Thai19

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2018, 08:00:10 AM

That is required. Verify attendee information, avoid cheating and fraud.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 08:14:01 AM

I do not believe in ICOs that requires KYC. We do not know personally the persons behind that ICO. Aside from that, information that we are going to forward to them are not safe because they might use those information in some thing without our approval and without our concerns. I know KYC have a good purpose like avoiding multiple accounts but there people who are abusing and using it in a wrong thing.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: