Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:18:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC?  (Read 4513 times)
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:13:03 PM

Obviously, coin distribution will be wide and more serious investors can get in. Still have not forgotten about BAT ICO, in 4 seconds everything was sold to few whales. KYC and whitelisting eliminates this possibility.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:25:53 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
I do not encounter yet to join in ICO who requires KYC.  Upon implementing KYC in some ICO, many bitcoiners reacted because it is against the objective of bitcoin privacy concept.  Bitcoin became famous because of its animosity features but KYC is against this features.  But, as a bounty participant, we have nothing to do but to follow this step or else the participant will not receive its payment.  Because of this requirement some participant pass a fake requirements to protect their individuality and personal information while other just follow and pass their real documents.  I think we should be cautious on this kind of requirement.   
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:30:49 PM

No! I don't join any ICO with kyc! ICO like gladius that didn't require kyc for the purchase of it's token from the beginning and later on asked for kyc was very dubious in relating with the investors. Many of my friend had to forfeit their ether to dubious Gladius.

torotot

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:36:37 PM

I am not against KYC but I don't like it. KYC is not according to the given law of bitcoin. Smiley
Sometimes it is against one's personal privacy. Some do the requirements for nothing to do coz without participating the reward will be burn nothing to gain.
altcoinking3

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 12:39:02 PM

I'm from US so I can't buy most ICO's but I have only gave my KYC information to one coin Polymath.
I thought Civic token or Polymath token was going to be used so you didn't have to upload documents but one time.
traged

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:40:18 PM

Of course I do, such ICOs have much more trust in my point of view! Well, I do join both with/without KYC, actually I just dont care - more important is if it is worth or not!
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:44:10 PM

Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

I really do not understand the need for a bounty hunter to be asked to do KYC. For crying out loud ,hunters did not buy token from the sellers I just could not know the reason for the KYC. It is now rampant every bounty project is asking patrons to submit documentations.
crypto_lad

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:00:06 PM

To me. ICOs that require KYC are actually trying to comply with the regulations. That is a sign of maturity, and seriousness.

Would a scam bother using tons of money on setting up a KYC operation? They would also loose naive investors - which they would not want.
sandgluenick

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:03:05 PM

I do not encounter yet to join in ICO who requires KYC.  Upon implementing KYC in some ICO, many bitcoiners reacted because it is against the objective of bitcoin privacy concept.  Bitcoin became famous because of its animosity features but KYC is against this features.  But, as a bounty participant, we have nothing to do but to follow this step or else the participant will not receive its payment.  Because of this requirement some participant pass a fake requirements to protect their individuality and personal information while other just follow and pass their real documents.  I think we should be cautious on this kind of requirement.   
preferably for KYC problems we do have to be careful because it concerns our data because is something that should be kept secret,
so you should look for bounty that does not use the KYC system
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 01:04:19 PM

It would be a definite no for me. Here in India, the government is really going after the crypto users. A large number of them have received income tax notices. At this point, it will be suicidal to provide KYC to the ICOs. I would rather invest in those which don't need KYC.
p i e c e

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:48:44 AM

I avoid such projects, because the organizers remain anonymous, and investors and bounty hunters are forced to confirm their identity. I consider this unfair and I am afraid for the safety of my data.
slonbegemot

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:20:16 PM

There are a lot of airdrops and bounties which keep emails of participants open to view. It make possible intruders to spam fishing links and to steal our important data. So I wish if BTT would ban if projects make this info free to see. Anyway it’s not hard to do in Google spreadsheets

● ● ●  ETERNAL TRUSTS  ● ● ●
A Dream That Is Destined To Succeed
El Loco

Activity: 448
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 05:29:19 PM

I made airdrops that require KYC only if they are worth a consistant amount and the project is not scam.
For ICO if I like the project and I trust it I'm confortable to do KYC.
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:35:05 PM

An increasing number of ICO projects require KYC, confirming the information of investors. In fact, it also has good grades, KYC will help the team to better control, avoid some countries ban ICO. However, KYC is causing more inconvenience to investors. This is the crypto market and everyone wants their information anonymously when investing. Another concern is the risk of leaking information if the ICO is hacked. Maybe I will consider carefully before joining.
Yana_1

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:52:23 PM

Well, if its really a good project that has a tendency of exploding the way bitcoin did,  I don't mind giving out my identity to purchase it. I just hope the project company's and developer protects investors identity like the way they promise they usually do and it wont be used for other purpose. The one problem that bothers me is, what if the coin becomes a shitcoin? knowing the fact that I gave out identity to puchase a shitcoin will continue to bother me.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:33:07 AM

I avoid such projects, because the organizers remain anonymous, and investors and bounty hunters are forced to confirm their identity. I consider this unfair and I am afraid for the safety of my data.
You need to be sure that you are investing at the right place and that your money or any of your confidential detail will not be lost no matter what. If there are certain projects which are asking for such kind of details, it is better not to share such details with them and that avoid investing of your money into such project. Read well about all the projects and then invest in the best possible project.
feelideb

Activity: 770

fLibero.financial

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:38:25 AM

I will never join an ICO that require my personal information on top of my money with them. Never! If kyc is ever needed, it should be other way round not the retail investor like me. Most of the beneficiary of many ICO are unknown. Not only are they unknown they are also not accountable to anyone. Hope we can find solution to that or regulations will come.

Gwyn

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:15:29 PM

I will never join an ICO that require my personal information on top of my money with them. Never! If kyc is ever needed, it should be other way round not the retail investor like me. Most of the beneficiary of many ICO are unknown. Not only are they unknown they are also not accountable to anyone. Hope we can find solution to that or regulations will come.
Some ICO needs KYC certification to comply with the local regulations, which will play a positive role to some extent. It is sad that those who do not need certification must invest through certification, which can actually know how much money I have.
luigi3

Activity: 109
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 12:58:54 PM

I think all of ICO`s that i encounter was requiring to do a KYC ,but be kind of every moves that you take because i read some article and its says that some of company that using kyc to be with ,are using your identety for illegal doings so be strickly and be kind.

●  ●  ●    CryptoMarketAds    ●  ●  ●
►  Democratize Crypto Advertising & Marketing  ◄
sophiawhite

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:37:29 PM

I try to avoid them if I can but if it's a really good one I'd probably still join. Just risky sending your passport info to random small startups on the internet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: