Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if the prices down again?  (Read 1996 times)
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 12:54:49 PM

One of the attitude that you should have in this business is the PATIENCE. It is very normal that prices will go down especially in the crypto marjet because it is very volatile. The prices fluctuate every minute. If you see the prices are going down, don't mind it. Just hold your coins and have patience. You will not incur losses until you sell your coins.
Yeah, patience is a virtue but being smart is better. Probably because I am talking from the perspective of a trader but as long as I bought into a coin and it ends up going the other way round based on what I did not plan, then I believe it would go down more, which I would prefer suffering a little loss, and buying back lower for a bigger gain. However, anyone without knowledge of trading will always have problem with that and in that case, it is better to just hold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amih

Activity: 308
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:42:51 PM

There are some rumours that the prices would get down again for one or two times before they reincrease to the level around before the latest year end and even higher. Can anyone here enlighten me and newbies like me, which is better to do if that really happens:
1) hold our assets and wait until the market got fully recover to start trading.
2) increase our capital to reduce the average price.
3) sell our assets with the assumptions to got deficit prives, and then rebuy again at this price.
4) others.

Any suggestion?
the first is to keep the existing assets I think it is a pretty good decision because although we will sell it of course there will be no profit for us. and with what you say at the second point of course it is the right decision because when the price increases of course you will get a higher profit. but for the third point with as you say I think it is not quite right because when you sell the asset at the lowest price I think you will not be able to produce anything. the conclusion is that when you face a situation like that if you are a merchant of course you must continue to strive to hold it.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
duyduc256

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:48:11 PM

The better option will be to hold.
Besides, what else can you do about it? You cannot sell it since you are seeing a lot of loss just by the conversion.
Wait until it goes back then maybe in an instant it will go back to where it should be.
I would still rely with that belief rather than being in a panic mode where your adrenaline are so high you cannot sleep anymore.
Before holding you should look at the current market situation because if you keep the altcoin garbage at that time the price may not increase and this is very risky but if you keep the top 10 coin in the top coinmarketcap then hold is always The best choice because of the trend of altcoin that will definitely increase and you just patience and wait
nano77

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:59:47 PM

There are some rumours that the prices would get down again for one or two times before they reincrease to the level around before the latest year end and even higher. Can anyone here enlighten me and newbies like me, which is better to do if that really happens:
1) hold our assets and wait until the market got fully recover to start trading.
3) sell our assets with the assumptions to got deficit prives, and then rebuy again at this price.
4) others.

Any suggestion?

which I do when the price drops again then I will buy the coin as much as you can which is mainly bitcoin because we know bitcoin price is very expensive and coin is also very limited which is definitely make the bitcoin price will be more expensive from year to year so if the price drops certainly I will buy as much as I can.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:04:13 PM

4) others.

Any suggestion?

If you regularly monitor the index of cryptocurrencies, then you can recognize that USDT is very stable crypto, the rate always fluctuates at $1. So if the market price falls again, then the advice is to convert all the cryptos you own into USDT then hold and wait for the bottom price and then buy again to make profits when the exchange rate increases. Smiley)))
Unless you are an experimented trader this is not a move you should do, after all how do you know at what moment the price is going to reach the bottom or at what point the price is going to recover for those that are not experimented or do not care at all about trading the best option like always is to hold not only is easier for many is the most lucrative option.
zeaderza

Activity: 896
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:19:48 AM

There are some rumours that the prices would get down again for one or two times before they reincrease to the level around before the latest year end and even higher.
more like bullshit guesses by random people filling the social media.

the fact is you can not predict the market at this point. and i seriously doubt that most altcoins can go back to their ATH any time soon. it may take them months or ever 1.5 years to get a big enough pump to go there.

Can anyone here enlighten me and newbies like me, which is better to do if that really happens:
it depends on what you are bagholding.
we all know bitcoin will reverse upwards and start a new rally and reach some new ridiculously high price at some point. what we don't know is that how much it will take before we get to start of that rally.
other altcoins are a lot of different ones. many of them will die by the year's end. many won't see another pump and will be on this downward spiral to their doom. some will rise, some will get pumped and so on. you have to analyze each and see if they can have the potential of rising and ask yourself if their rise is going to be bigger?
Bullshit guesses indeed. There is really nothing to show it anyway and what everyone is busy saying is based on assumption and even though we are still in a downtrend, that does not mean we can still not recover.

The most important thing is not to ever listen to rumors and base decisions just on that and most especially someone who is not a trader and have the skills to make the decisions themselves. A lot of people have listened to rumors and they have gotten burnt by those rumors.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:54:10 AM

If you know how to trade or have a bit of experience in trading you know you need to make a TA to know what will happen but usally i only TA pumps because that is more important but sometimes i ta dumps.
If he knows how to trade, he would not even be here asking those questions or listening to rumors as he would have been able to play with the swings of the market, sold a long time ago and wait to buy back.

So i just want to pretty much assume he is not a trader, he has no knowledge and anything he would be doing now will be jeopardizing his assets, and in that case, he should just better hold unless he really has something to do with his funds and he is ready to go through the losses already which makes no sense.
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:05:26 AM

4) others.

Any suggestion?

What you need to do is just stay calm and be patient when it becomes in holding your coins especially if you know that your coins is a successful ones because the more successfully your holdings are the lower the possibility that your monwy will entirely fall because the more the people sell the more the coin will fall so if they are already falling dont be part of them that sells too because you are gonna make the price much more to a downfall be patient.
crypto_sagor

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

Renewable Energy Cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:09:28 PM

If you have loss, you have to be patient in this situation, and if you have profits you can sell 50% If price fall, your losses will decrease. Always think, if you have withdrawn some part of the profit, then there will be a chance to lose less later

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   KWHCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█ RENEWABLE ENERGY CRYPTOCURRENCY █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ (https://kwhcoin.com/)
BLACK LEG

Activity: 167
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:48:38 PM

If you have loss, you have to be patient in this situation, and if you have profits you can sell 50% If price fall, your losses will decrease. Always think, if you have withdrawn some part of the profit, then there will be a chance to lose less later
profit and loss is reasonable in trading, so even though the price falls again and we lose it then all we have to do is cover that loss by buying again at the low value and taking advantage of it
buyinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1010

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:56:52 PM

4) others.

Any suggestion?

which I do when the price drops again then I will buy the coin as much as you can which is mainly bitcoin because we know bitcoin price is very expensive and coin is also very limited which is definitely make the bitcoin price will be more expensive from year to year so if the price drops certainly I will buy as much as I can.

But what if it would drop to 5000$? 100$? Would you still buy as much as you could? I don't think so. Buying 'dips' is good idea, but if bitcoin would crash this hard it would be bad idea to buy a lot of bitcoins, as they probably wouldn't ever be that expensive again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:23:58 PM

if you are good enough with scalping it would be the best thing to do when the prices are down and when you decrease your cost than you can wait for the market to recover.
Faruque312

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 09:00:46 PM

if this happen come then my opinion is just hold and wait for recover the market, if you see market not recovering then choose 2nd option.

Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

As far as I am concerned, the best option is to hold until the price goes up again. If you do believe that the price will never fail you, then I strongly recommend holding. Nothing is achieved without a strong willpower and patience. I utterly would hold my bitcoins because I believe that the price will go up to 20k$ again.

It is just a matter of time until everything goes back to normal. Never lose faith in something you believe in even if it faces a crisis because life is like a circle. Today it is powerful, tomorrow is powerful. And the life goes on and on.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:53:41 AM

the best thing is if you have some capital then try to do manage and keep it on the hold until the price will not comes up and till then just learn the others altcoins about the trading and market speculations which will help you ahead and if you do not have capital then you can sell it out its depends on the situation what you have.
dbstndi

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:58:41 AM

I will pick

Qunetick

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:28:48 AM

the best thing is if you have some capital then try to do manage and keep it on the hold until the price will not comes up and till then just learn the others altcoins about the trading and market speculations which will help you ahead and if you do not have capital then you can sell it out its depends on the situation what you have.
i think, holding is the best thing to do or maybe we should buy more bitcoin and wait for the right price to sell. Because I believe that dropping of price is a big opportunity specially to those who really trust bitcoin and can able to hold it for a long term with patience. Bitcoin is said to be more profitable if we can really wait for the right time so then I believe that holding is a good strategy.

Dheo

Activity: 386

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:43:00 AM

i think, holding is the best thing to do or maybe we should buy more bitcoin and wait for the right price to sell. Because I believe that dropping of price is a big opportunity specially to those who really trust bitcoin and can able to hold it for a long term with patience. Bitcoin is said to be more profitable if we can really wait for the right time so then I believe that holding is a good strategy.
Yes i agree on you, if you are willing to wait for long term you should do to hold your bitcoin because for sure soon the price of bitcoin will increase again and nothing can stop it. So it's better to buy now while the price are not really so high.
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:50:23 AM

If you bought a bar of gold at $1200 / ounce, then the price of the gold drops to $600 / ounce, you wouldn't actually lose any money at all unless you decided to sell your gold at that time. However, if you wait until the price of gold rises to $1800 / ounce, then sell it, you will gain money. The key is an ounce of gold is still an ounce of gold, regardless of the "price" in some other currency.

Same goes for bitcoin, or indeed any currency. If you trade it at one price, then subsequently trade it at a different price, you'll either gain or lose money.
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:39:47 AM

Preferable to hold because bitcoin fluctuates from time to time, if it drops down, then take the opportunity to put up capital and buy bitcoin. Once the value recovers then this is the good chance to sell:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: