Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:34:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some one used my username on bounty  (Read 609 times)
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:13:17 PM

Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

I still have the bitcointalk username of the impersonator. Do you think I should make it known to everyone here by posting the username?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:16:25 PM
Merited by ghonkz (2)

Report it to bounty manager mate, make sure the manager banned that ethereum address used there. It happend alot here, many cheater and bounty abuser at this forum, and that makes us who work hard and honest suffered. Cheater from multi account, stealing other people username and many more. So next time you found your username use to participate in bounty campaign but its not by you, just report it to the manager by PMs or write at the bounty thread.
fabskie21

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:23:27 PM

Its a very common problem experienced by many bounty hunters nowadays. Such worthless thieves.  Best thing to do is to report it as soon as possible to the bounty manager for him to be banned or be given a negative trust.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:25:27 PM

The person above me say it all, you should report it to the person who manage the bounty campaign. Maybe the reward not that much just a couple of bucks. But even just some penny can make people do lot of bad thing, me my self allready have through that time, from username stealing etc. So ill write my ethereum address at location section in my profile, if someone use my username but the address is different thats mean some one stealing from me.
cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

I think if you wanna accused someone of using your username or accounts in bounty campaigns then you should post it to the Trading Discussion>>Scams and accusations thread with a complete details and proof that the person  your referring to is really doing what you have accused them doing.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
Sniar

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:31:37 PM

Never heard about that weird stuff really. How can they use your Telegram account name? Do you mean they've stolen your TG account or what?
johnsaributua

Activity: 840
Merit: 257

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:31:46 PM

there have been many cases like this, most of them using a link profile of a Bitcointalk account with a similar username but different (usually with deleting or adding one letter). if happens like this, you should immediately report it to the bounty manager or the ICO developer team.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Denlv

Activity: 350
Merit: 39

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:33:18 PM

Hello!Yes this thing is very bad!One guy copy my username its good i see intime this,pm bm and he response and ban that guy,i know one man who have trouble with stealing photo from facebook and someone use in airdrop hes photo lol Cheesy

JuniAiko

Activity: 126

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

I think the issuer should first lock in the correct/agreed address of the contributor, before the contributor proceeds with carrying out the bounty task.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
yomarve (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 01:44:37 PM

Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I immediately contacted the bounty manager once I saw it though till now he still hasn't responded.

Indeed this person has to be reported.

Thanks Guys

hartfrerk

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:46:11 PM

Never heard about that weird stuff really. How can they use your Telegram account name? Do you mean they've stolen your TG account or what?

I think author means that he firstly registered on bounty and then tried to register here with the username of his Telegram but the name is already used.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:48:20 PM

Its not like that, let me explain you a little. For example this A company run a bounty campaign, and one of it is telegram campaign, you get stakes by joinin the telegram group, but not all in that group joining bounty campaign right ? maybe they just want to know about the project and everything. So this one cheater allready put his account inside that group but he think i can get more stakes just by put other username who in this group at bounty registration form. So just like that he cheat and abuse the campaign. Creating new telegram account require you a new phone number but creating new ethereum address as simple as flip a hand, so he create new ethereum address and just put other person telegram username in it.
Mc_Moneysack

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:48:59 PM

Terrible to see what people will do for a few bucks. Hope that the user gets what he deserves.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
ReshkiN

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:52:24 PM

Always, if you find people who illegally use your data to participate in the bounty campaign. File a complaint with the manager.
ghonkz

Activity: 459
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:53:07 PM

Terrible to see what people will do for a few bucks. Hope that the user gets what he deserves.
You have no idea mate, someone willing to do anything for that money, and sometimes its not about the money he get. Thats just his habbit, hea like cheating so he do it. And you cant say its just a little money, how can we know that person just take one other person username ? how if he take 100 or more ? thats possible right ? for example he get 1 usd from one account you times 100 and he got 100 bucks.
Revvo1

Activity: 272
Merit: 1

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:55:24 PM

I think the first thing to do as advised by several others is to report to the bounty manager with all evidence laying claim to your account. However, if you wish to teach such person a lesson, you can lay claim to the account by asking the Bounty manager to change the ETH address to yours because your account was hacked into and it has been compromised.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
jondel

Activity: 280
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:57:11 PM

Thanks I really appreciate your responses. I immediately contacted the bounty manager once I saw it though till now he still hasn't responded.

Indeed this person has to be reported.

Thanks Guys

So about this cheater... do you have his/her username? If you have, I think you can post that username (or profile link) here.
RomanPetrush

Activity: 630
Merit: 123

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:01:54 PM

Scammers are everywhere. Even in bounty programes you can find scammers, with me happened the same situation, so don't worry about that just let to know to the bounty team.

FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:17:35 PM

Hi! I decided to say this out because it's really terrible.  I recently joined bounty and upon checking the spreadsheet,  I discovered my Telegram's username has been used by some one here in this forum. This isn't the first time I had experienced it. I must have lost a lot in in projects I have joined due to this evil.

I still have the bitcointalk username of the impersonator. Do you think I should make it known to everyone here by posting the username?

Unfortunately that is quite common, and usually bounty managers request that you place your profile link and your ethereum address on your "location" entry, in your profile. This way, even if someone uses your username, the bounty manager will use the address listed in that entry, and not the one provided. Of course that not all bounty managers do this, so you should report it. Usually they use accounts with higher ranks, but I guess that they will just use anything, since it' free money, and they don't have anything to lose.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

haidangtp

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:30:32 PM

You should first report to the bounty manager, then you send a PM to the pretender and warn them they have been wrong. I think that person will not dare to repeat.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: