Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:40:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bought lots of coins before knowing what they do... what do i do now?  (Read 392 times)
cryptocatanalytics.com (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:35:30 PM

Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by
FaucetKING

Activity: 1246
Merit: 306

C U

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 01:43:31 PM

Never sell with a loss, have your coins in your wallet and never think about selling because i am very sure that you will get your capital doubled in the upcoming months. Make it a lesson and learn from it. Never do that again sir!
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:02:48 PM

Hi all! when i just got into crypto, it was december and i was a noob.. i made the mistake of buying lots of coins as per my friend's recommendation and i put my entire life savings in.. as per my friends' recommendation too. it turns out he was a really bad friend and gave me all the wrong advice to watch me crash and burn.. now my profile is more red than ever. Since then, i have focused all my free time on trying to learn and share what i have learnt with the community. right now, i m pretty much stuck with a -80% portfolio.. What do i do??? =( while i have made progress in my knowledge in crpyto, my portfolio is set in stone.... and getting more and more red as the days go by
That is the worst thing one can do as a crypto investor. You should have had done some research first and should have had not trusted your friend. Can I just ask what coins are you holding anyway? Are they some kind of random shitcoin your friend has recommended? If it is, then don't mind selling at a loss if you are badly in need of money. If not, then follow FaucetKING's advice. My tip might change if I know what kind of coins do you have in your portfolio.
BUSTEDCLUB

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:07:35 PM

Dude, here some good advice that everyone will agree. Never investing to something that you can afford to lose, use some money that not really matter if that money disappear, is not like your investment will crash though. But just to be save dont invest more that 10% from money you have.
Manchumichael

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:41:13 PM

December was golden days for all cryptocurrencies all went peak price that's why your friend suggested you but who knows including your friend that market will collapse like this. but before investing you have to check the market history i think you made a mistake here because this type of correction is common in this field. Anyway now don't sell your coins just hold it let's see when your golden days will come.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:48:07 PM

That is the worst thing one can do as a crypto investor. You should have had done some research first and should have had not trusted your friend. Can I just ask what coins are you holding anyway? Are they some kind of random shitcoin your friend has recommended? If it is, then don't mind selling at a loss if you are badly in need of money. If not, then follow FaucetKING's advice. My tip might change if I know what kind of coins do you have in your portfolio.

Dear kind sir! right now i've got bridgecoin, pareto network token power ledger.. i have sold a lot of others like TRX ans XVG away with a very bad loss.. However, i really really know that I need to DYOR.. thats why i focused my efforts on one of my projects which is a bot to scan twitter for tweets to analyse cryptocurrencies. I have since been very busy and working hard trying to get myself out of this mess...

then rest ill follow mr faucetKING, and just hodl them!!!! then again ... we never know xD Shocked Shocked Shocked
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:53:55 PM

If you can hold.. just don't sell and wait... all crypto are recovering and maybe in 6-7 months your red -80% could become a green one....

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:18:05 PM

felling sorry to hearing this story Sad I wanted to know which coin you have bought? It will be a good idea if you share your coin list with us.may be some of them really good :/
First try to learn about crypto world than invest your money into crypto. without much knowledge you cant able to earn good profit from cypto. instead of profit you may los all of your capital.

i know! i realized how important knowledge is to the field and i am working hard on it, i also wrote down everything to hare it with everyone in case they make my mistakes.. I  sold my TRX and XVG... hodling some POWER, pareto netowork  token, red pulse, bridgecoin and ICX.. it hink ICX is decent...  not sure about ht erest
pro2017

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:24:35 PM

dude, I'm really sorry about you.
first of all, you're not really hurt unless you sell it.
the market is constantly falling and you will wait for it to rise
AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 03:26:08 PM

Dude stop blaming your friend. You should hold yourself responsible for your actions.
About recovering, better to wait and choose some good ICO's and invest. Follow reddit and other means

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:42:36 PM

Dude stop blaming your friend. You should hold yourself responsible for your actions.
About recovering, better to wait and choose some good ICO's and invest. Follow reddit and other means
yes i wish i could stop blamming him but he kept laughing at me everyday! =(

yes thats why i made a bot to crawl the net for information.. armed with knowledge LETS GO TO WAR WITH THE BULLS!!! hahaha... but hmm..yes i am currently trying to increase my karma points there... its an intersting platform !!! =)
thanks for the advice ! xD
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:44:17 PM

Never invest in something that you don't know, especially if you can't even take the time to read a simple whitepaper. The best thing you could do right now is selling all the coins that you don't believe will succeed. With the money you get by selling, either take your loss or invest them in projects that you think will succeed, but you should definitely do your own research. Also don't invest in too many coins at the same time, it takes a lot of time to keep yourself up to date with the latest news regarding that project.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:53:23 PM

Never invest in something that you don't know, especially if you can't even take the time to read a simple whitepaper. The best thing you could do right now is selling all the coins that you don't believe will succeed. With the money you get by selling, either take your loss or invest them in projects that you think will succeed, but you should definitely do your own research. Also don't invest in too many coins at the same time, it takes a lot of time to keep yourself up to date with the latest news regarding that project.
yes i learnt that the hard way... i am learning how to read and acquire information.. i am also sharing it with the world, i think it is very importnat to inform people and not let them repeat my mistakes.. i think u are right.. i should invest in less coins.. but most of the advice given is to hodl them till i have a profot before selling them off
Azazana

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 03:57:01 PM

now you are not a trader, you are an investor in shitcoins.
just forget about these coins for a year or more. More I do not know what to advise
emmmmm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:01:25 PM

If you are short of money, so you can sell, if you do not lack of money, then put them in the local purse, and choose to hold for a long time, because the current price to sell, may let you lose a lot of money, and there is no need to blame your friend, investment is your personal decision.

Aura

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:11:22 PM

yes i learnt that the hard way... i am learning how to read and acquire information.. i am also sharing it with the world, i think it is very importnat to inform people and not let them repeat my mistakes.. i think u are right.. i should invest in less coins.. but most of the advice given is to hodl them till i have a profot before selling them off
You should definitely do that, preventing people from making your mistakes is a very grateful thing to do. You should definitely hold the coins you have fate in, but don't make the mistake to keep coins that will never recover. Also don't start day trading, unless you know what you're doing. A lot of newbies made this mistake and made giant losses.
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2018, 04:24:54 PM

Hodl or sell and buy better coins but the latter is more risky choice compared the first one. But even if you invest in good coins now, you can still lose money as most of the coins are overvalued.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:29:14 PM

You should definitely do that, preventing people from making your mistakes is a very grateful thing to do. You should definitely hold the coins you have fate in, but don't make the mistake to keep coins that will never recover. Also don't start day trading, unless you know what you're doing. A lot of newbies made this mistake and made giant losses.

yes all my analysis from my research is on my blog! haha do support it and spread it ard.. its very new and i have great plans for it.. adding in one aspect at a time... yea omg.. i even tried margin trading.. bad idea... hmm but maybe when march is over il start selling away all the bad coins.. there are some 'landmark' events upcoming in march for some of them.. good idea?
Aura

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:34:12 PM

yes all my analysis from my research is on my blog! haha do support it and spread it ard.. its very new and i have great plans for it.. adding in one aspect at a time... yea omg.. i even tried margin trading.. bad idea... hmm but maybe when march is over il start selling away all the bad coins.. there are some 'landmark' events upcoming in march for some of them.. good idea?
I would have sold the bad coins right now, waiting only gives you more loss. I don't know about the landmark events in march, but if you believe that's a good opportunity, then do it. I personally invest only in Bitcoin and some alternatives like Litecoin to have a backup, low cap coins don't feel good for me.

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 04:43:32 PM

I would have sold the bad coins right now, waiting only gives you more loss. I don't know about the landmark events in march, but if you believe that's a good opportunity, then do it. I personally invest only in Bitcoin and some alternatives like Litecoin to have a backup, low cap coins don't feel good for me.

i see.. thanks.. yes ill probably sell them after march for BTC/ ETH
thats about it i think, good choice? xD
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: