Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:50:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Received An Email From MyEtherWallet  (Read 1212 times)
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 09:48:22 AM

There's no way you will receive an email from MyEtherWallet if your tokens have arrived. If that's the case, that email is fake and it is not advisable that you should reply to that or else your wallet will be hacked and say "Bye-Bye" to all of your coins and tokens that you store there.

For you to know if those coins or tokens arrived in your wallet, you should be checking it manually by logging in from time to time. It is why MEW is so secured and making sure your coins or tokens are safe. Just don't believe in those phishing emails, okay?

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Tiklohor

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:01:02 AM

It's best to check your balance on the site https://etherscan.io/

wall101

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:03:08 AM

During my period of use of the MEW wallet no one ever emailed me about airdrops.
Just because myetherwallet is just what I use when I'm earning a bounty campaign.
dangershadow

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:05:50 AM

As Crypto.is getting famous day by day at the same time.it is getting difficult to keep safe

There are people trying to scam us. Have not recieved any such mail but i have been a victim of a scam or two and I can not tell how bad i felt after i lost my earnings earned by hard work and giving time to it.

So guys please stay safe and do not trust any person you dont know amd after recieving such type of mails please do some research about it.
jaocoincrypto18

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:14:39 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

Interestingly you don't create MEW wallets using email addresses.

Guys be careful and be vigilant.

If you did not become cautious i believed you will be send directly to the fake myetherwallet site or to a phishing site in which it will require your private keys for sure. We should always become more extra vigilant because nowadays hackers are now very active in which they usually target crypto currencies exchanges and wallets than banks.
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:46:34 AM

I received an email from MyEtherWallet to claim some tokens of an airdrop I joined. Hovering my mouse over the link,  I discovered it's a link to another cgi scripted site.

myetherwallet never to send messages and give messages to his clien, be careful if anyone gives seeprti it could be it is a phishing link that tries to take the assets you have.
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:50:05 AM

Thx first for sharing.
I experienced an scammer is that the scammer presented to be an official ico website and let u fill ur private key in.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:53:11 AM

most likely a phishing site that collects data and private key of your wallet.
just don't click any suspicious email. myetherwallet never send email to anyone.
karungbitcoin

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 10:56:07 AM

That phising link so becarefull, i also received some phising email but soon i deleted. When i receive email from unknow party i never click that link, because i know many hacker exsist in crypto space. They know my email address from some bounty program that not hide my email address. So when your email address know by public just becarefull when click any link.

███    TWITTER     MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:04:43 AM

Myetherwallet don't know your email and simply can't send you messages. So be aware, just don't click on message links.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:16:10 AM

Be careful, cryptomarket is the new far west, and there is a scammer at any corner!
This is a very evident and childish one (myetherwallet doesn't know your mail) but in other situations it's difficult to detecn a no so clear scam.
IN doubt, be paranoid!

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Onurb

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:19:00 AM

Yes, it's a clear scam, and I see more and more of them. Some of them are very stupid, but other are made by professionals, and it's very difficult to not be deceived.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:29:56 AM

That's the problem with some of these ICOs, they stupidly list the email addresses of all the participants in their spreadsheet, so that scammers and phishers have easy access to their information. Private information such as email address and other personal details should not be visible to the world, and should be locked in a private area of the spreadsheet. Any ICO not protecting customer privacy should not be trusted with it either.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
kdiag

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:30:24 AM

more and more scammers, as well as phishing sites, to check the balance is better not to go to the MEW, you can check the balance on etherscan.io or deltabalances.github.io, it is desirable to enter the purse only from browser tabs.
Mecryptopheles

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:37:12 AM

Well, I don't like scammers, but is someone is so stupid to send tokens to an evident fake mail, it deserve to be scammed!
It's just natural selection...
Layonk

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:43:09 AM

It's just a scam.
There have been too many scams lately, and I've often seen twitter and telegram seeing EOS and various tokens Airdrop, but these are all scams.

I agree with you that something like above will remain scam accusion.
Dont ever believe someting like that. Email, slack, telegram also is very sensitive with scam. Hackers also around that.
Always becareful to follow something from unknow source.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

I've been receiving this scam e-mail as well.  Earlier this week I've received one that was from MyWalletEther instead of MyEtherWallet.  Be careful, scammers are active all over Telegram and have contacted ICO whitelist e-mail addresses claiming to be the ICO and providing an ETH address for pre-sale.
hheight

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:32:57 PM

You should always think before clicking on random links. In this case, does MyEtherWallet know your email? Of course not. In fact, it's very easy not to get caught by scammers.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:26:43 PM

i received to. it looks like there's someone who randomly pick Mail address from ICO bounty spreadsheet and trying to scam people. or maybe there's a scam airdrop who sold our mail address.
we should always double check sender mail address to avoid scammers via Email.
chrismartin

Activity: 340
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:33:31 PM

Its very showy that those email is a scam mate, just avoid it to be far from hacks of your myetherwallet. We dont use emails for our wallets in myetherwallet, yes. And also thanks for this information mate, so that public will be warn for this kind of style
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: