Bitcoin Forum
June 12, 2024, 06:40:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DAPS Project [NEW ERC20][POSv3][MASTERNODES][RINGCT][PROOF-OF-AUDIT]  (Read 33594 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheKingInYellow (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:24:19 PM

I'm happy to announce we're right on track with finishing the website and whitepaper this week.

We're now finalizing the whitepaper and putting it up for peer review with some of our technical members. We hope to have this process finished before the website is launched, as we feel it is critical to the effort. We think you'll like what we're forging =) There is also a new initiative in the works, directly inspired by Bitbean, another development I'm extremely excited for.

Thanks for being patient with us through this process. We're doing this right, not fast, and we hope to build a foundation for long term health and success.

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
DAPS (Decentralized - Anonymous - Payment - System)
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
bigboss9

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:58:06 PM

how can I swap from Peepcoin to DAPS? and how many coins required for 1 Masternode?
Marizy

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:01:51 PM

When is the masternode started?
Sebi_One_Kenobi

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 08:15:51 PM

how can I swap from Peepcoin to DAPS? and how many coins required for 1 Masternode?

An update for the wallet will be released prior to the launch of the DAPS.
You will be able to do the swap yourself.
You can also use some exchange websites that will do the swap automatically for you.
The exchange websites that support the swap will be anounced here and on the other info channels.
1 Masternode will require 1 milion DAPS
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:02:51 AM

I am proud to announce that the DAPS Project whitepaper is finally ready for Peer Review!  Grin We do not want to release it publicly yet as to prevent multiple versions from floating on the net until launch day, so if you are a guru of any sort, a cryptography expert, a hacker, a system administrator, anything technical, and have experience in reviewing such papers, please contact me!

We will be launching the dapscoin.com website on Friday, with the whitepaper on it. We hope to bounce it off plenty of minds! We think you'll like some of the solutions proposed!

DAPS Project, anonymizing assets for the world. Controlling your financial sovereignty is your right, join now!
Zero-Knowledge Proofs - Revolutionary Proof-Of-Audit algo - Masternodes - PoSv3 - Worldwide community
circlenick

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

bitcoinbabys (the DAPS leader and also StrongHands leader), recruited a Ponzi Scheme developer to the StrongHands team yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/stronghands/comments/85yxc6/new_shnd_scam_developer/

This is the type of person you expect us to invest in? To trust in? Do you know how many people lost everything with the Bitconnect scam, and the DAPS leader is now associating his projects with their clones?
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 04:52:10 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 06:34:53 AM by TheKingInYellow

bitcoinbabys (the DAPS leader and also StrongHands leader), recruited a Ponzi Scheme developer to the StrongHands team yesterday: https://www.reddit.com/r/stronghands/comments/85yxc6/new_shnd_scam_developer/

This is the type of person you expect us to invest in? To trust in? Do you know how many people lost everything with the Bitconnect scam, and the DAPS leader is now associating his projects with their clones?

There is no "DAPS Leader" or central authority since 51% of the coins can't even be acquired. This project is not stronghands, just many of the people from that project were interested in Peepcoin since it was around the same price. We have free association in this industry, even with all the negatives that come with it. I've made no bones about not being associated with stronghands in any way. I'll see what I can do, we will be having a complete shakeup for organization soon. I'd like to know what you think a good idea is on that aspect.

Do we vote as of right now, or should we implement a setup like BeanCore before we do that, to have some slight requirements before being considered an acting member of the development? You have to remember that no matter who the community leader is, I will still be doing what I'm doing behind the scenes to get this coin up to par with other projects and expand the scope. Just because one of the people involved in a project has associations in other things doesn't mean that this project is being ran the same way nor do the same people have final say in decisions. You can quite clearly tell from alot of the specs and details that this isn't going to be setup to enrich anyone, but to try to give the old Peepcoin a chance to thrive.

The development fund will need to be handled by a 4-Out-Of-5 multisignature system ran by voted on community members, most likely Core members. I believe this is the best way outside of the Core organization, but there also obviously needs to be backups to this kind of system. The idea is keeping the premine low enough (1 billion) that it's not "so high" to cause the team to want to dump it and move on, and the emissions fee is setup to encourage actual long term planning as opposed to short term sprints. Do you think it should be negated entirely? I'm willing to work with an idea like that, but then we need guaranteed funding from angel investors to be able to continue this process past the transition in any real way, which is why the dev fund is critical, since outside of a 100k commitment it's hard to get much done on exchanges anymore.

I'll also talk to bcb about some of this stuff. I like him and his attitude, but I do not want people to think in any way that this project is associated with a hyperinflated coin that went on to reverse the coin supply. 1:1 ratio, low premine, reasonable development timelines, this is the creed of the DAPS fork-swap. Honestly? I just want to make Peepcoin holders fabulously successful for having faith and holding onto the old coin and trying something new. We have many independent actors working on many things so I obviously can't tell people what they can and cannot associate with, but I'll try to make my concerns clear on this matter. There's not much else I can do outside of that, though, by virtue of how open source projects like these are structured..

Also; agreed about bitconnect, shame CMC let it sit on the top 10 in coinmarketcap for months and suck in investor money before they got shut down. Those projects are exactly what I am familiar with, and want to help cleanse crypto of by trying to be an example.

On the topic of that "developer" he actually asked me if I wanted to talk to him, but I said no I don't like to associate with developers who premine their coin and hold private auctions for masternodes before they're even live. That is who I am and how my philosophy is. I outright rejected even considering working with someone like that because he obviously does not have the right mindset for what this project wishes to be, and I plan to keep it clean of actors like that. I've been getting offers from coins like rovercoin lately as well, yet another premined masternode auction coin.

This trend is alarming, to say the least. Premine a coin, auction off masternodes, then move to the next project. We will have no such auctions with the dev fund, and most of it will in fact be given away to community members.

Edit: I've addressed this now. Bitcoinbabys will not be the "Leader" of the DAPS community from now, but he is still going to be in the project as he cares about it sincerely. We are not associated with stronghands, and hope this makes that clear. I've discussed a few important issues and made my concerns noted, which follow alot of what you're saying. Some of this stuff I merely don't notice since I have to watch alot of things at once, so bringing these things up is important to be sure that unscrupulous actors or "volunteers" do not come along and try to use the project.

There will be an open vote relatively soon to decide future governance method and current community leadership, with certain guidelines. I hope to make this process honest, open, and trustable. Actions like using the developer above are not those I condone and will not be associated with. I hope this helps you see that I'm serious about keeping this project straight and on the right path.

circlenick

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:24:36 PM

There is no "DAPS Leader" or central authority since 51% of the coins can't even be acquired. This project is not stronghands, just many of the people from that project were interested in Peepcoin since it was around the same price. We have free association in this industry, even with all the negatives that come with it. I've made no bones about not being associated with stronghands in any way. I'll see what I can do, we will be having a complete shakeup for organization soon. I'd like to know what you think a good idea is on that aspect.

Do we vote as of right now, or should we implement a setup like BeanCore before we do that, to have some slight requirements before being considered an acting member of the development? You have to remember that no matter who the community leader is, I will still be doing what I'm doing behind the scenes to get this coin up to par with other projects and expand the scope. Just because one of the people involved in a project has associations in other things doesn't mean that this project is being ran the same way nor do the same people have final say in decisions. You can quite clearly tell from alot of the specs and details that this isn't going to be setup to enrich anyone, but to try to give the old Peepcoin a chance to thrive.

The development fund will need to be handled by a 4-Out-Of-5 multisignature system ran by voted on community members, most likely Core members. I believe this is the best way outside of the Core organization, but there also obviously needs to be backups to this kind of system. The idea is keeping the premine low enough (1 billion) that it's not "so high" to cause the team to want to dump it and move on, and the emissions fee is setup to encourage actual long term planning as opposed to short term sprints. Do you think it should be negated entirely? I'm willing to work with an idea like that, but then we need guaranteed funding from angel investors to be able to continue this process past the transition in any real way, which is why the dev fund is critical, since outside of a 100k commitment it's hard to get much done on exchanges anymore.

I'll also talk to bcb about some of this stuff. I like him and his attitude, but I do not want people to think in any way that this project is associated with a hyperinflated coin that went on to reserve the coin supply. 1:1 ratio, low premine, reasonable development timelines, this is the creed of the DAPS fork-swap. Honestly? I just want to make Peepcoin holders fabulously successful for having faith and holding onto the old coin and trying something new. We have many independent actors working on many things so I obviously can't tell people what they can and cannot associate with, but I'll try to make my concerns clear on this matter. There's not much else I can do outside of that, though, by virtue of how open source projects like these are structured..

Also; agreed about bitconnect, shame CMC let it sit on the top 10 in coinmarketcap for months and suck in investor money before they got shut down. Those projects are exactly what I am familiar with, and want to help cleanse crypto of by trying to be an example.

On the topic of that "developer" he actually asked me if I wanted to talk to him, but I said no I don't like to associate with developers who premine their coin and hold private auctions for masternodes before they're even live. That is who I am and how my philosophy is. I outright rejected even considering working with someone like that because he obviously does not have the right mindset for what this project wishes to be, and I plan to keep it clean of actors like that. I've been getting offers from coins like rovercoin lately as well, yet another premined masternode auction coin.

This trend is alarming, to say the least. Premine a coin, auction off masternodes, then move to the next project. We will have no such auctions with the dev fund, and most of it will in fact be given away to community members.

What's concerning is that it took reddit minutes to post that information about the new developer after it was announced that he was joining the team, which means bitcoinbabys either knew or he's completely clueless and does no research on who he adds to the team. Both scenarios are bad, and he continues to display ignorance that can be construed as shady. You need less bitcoinbabys on board and more people like yourself, and people like bitcoinbabys shouldn't have any power toward critical decisions or team additions. Don't allow undeserving people to ruin what you're trying to accomplish, because this isn't a good look right now.

Imagine being on the outside looking in and being presented with this information. There's valid cause for concern, especially when Discord is full of people talking about price and telling people that they should buy with no care for what the coin claims to offer. StrongHands is full of people that are only in it for the money, and you have the same people moving over to DAPS, and that's going to push away serious buyers.
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:31:56 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 06:36:40 AM by TheKingInYellow

What's concerning is that it took reddit minutes to post that information about the new developer after it was announced that he was joining the team, which means bitcoinbabys either knew or he's completely clueless and does no research on who he adds to the team. Both scenarios are bad, and he continues to display ignorance that can be construed as shady. You need less bitcoinbabys on board and more people like yourself, and people like bitcoinbabys shouldn't have any power toward critical decisions or team additions. Don't allow undeserving people to ruin what you're trying to accomplish, because this isn't a good look right now.

Imagine being on the outside looking in and being presented with this information. There's valid cause for concern, especially when Discord is full of people talking about price and telling people that they should buy with no care for what coin claims to offer. StrongHands is full of people that are only in it for the money, and you have the same people moving over to DAPS, and that's going to push away serious buyers.

Like I said, I did not condone that action. I'm not a part of that community or the (questionable) decisions it makes. Bitcoinbabys is as much of a member as anyone else, and I've tried to address this issue of "leadership" being displayed as a central authority here. For alot of the final say on things it's generally me who says if it seems like a good idea, since I think I have a good head on my shoulders for deciding long term implications of some things. I note your concerns and address them, and even think of some before they're brought up and address them such as the CEO title mishap. I want this project to be professional, real, and open.

Opening up the governance and allowing the whole community to decide their own leader is an idea I'm up to, with certain stipulations, obviously. I believe I have enough influence to form these kinds of decisions and help push peepcoin-DAPS to truly equal ownership of governance decisions amongst all. The idea behind the DAPSCore is to try to dovetail with this, to give an incentive structure to the "core" team of technical investors or otherwise. I will think alot about this, since I know how important it is. It's not an easy thing to setup an open organization AND structure it at the same time by virtue of how these things are. Some things will get said that aren't official, or things will be produced that aren't exactly correct on details. This is why I've gone to the length of streamlining the social media and making sure it holds to certain guidelines. I've made sure NOBODY, nobody on the actual DAPS core team speaks about price, price predictions, telling people to buy, etc.

On the topic of price predictions; In fact, I've chastised our team members before for posting a tweet with a link to just markets, instead of posting a link to information. I do not believe we're here to get people to buy a coin, but to look into our ideas and decide for themselves the value of them. Anyone talking about price isn't considered any way to represent the DAPS development, but I will note that leaders and mods should not talk about price either.

I've yet to see it happen myself, but I put out additional guidelines about the moderators and leaders. Anyone associated with DAPS, moderating communities, etc will not be allowed to discuss price or price predictions in chats without being removed from any responsibilities, no tolerance. I do not accept using a position to pump or shill a coin, no matter what it is. If you find leaders, moderators, etc who do these actions please tell me and I will address it.

And don't get me wrong, I appreciate your honesty and kind words. I just hope that I can help make this project more than simply a dream for the people involved. Also if you wanna check out the whitepaper it's pretty much done, we will be posting it on the website as it's up but I think you'll like it.

edit: wow I mess up spelling when I'm tired

circlenick

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 06:43:38 PM

Imagine being on the outside looking in and being presented with this information. There's valid cause for concern, especially when Discord is full of people talking about price and telling people that they should buy with no care for what coin claims to offer. StrongHands is full of people that are only in it for the money, and you have the same people moving over to DAPS, and that's going to push away serious buyers.

Like I said, I did not condone that action. I'm not a part of that community or the (questionable) decisions it makes. Bitcoinbabys is as much of a member as anyone else, and I've tried to address this issue of "leadersihp" being displayed as a central authority here. For alot of the final say on things it's generally me who says if it seems like a good idea, since I think I have a good head on my shoulders for deciding long term implications of some things. I note your concerns and address them, and even think of some before they're brought up and address them such as the CEO title mishap. I wantthis project to be professional, real, and open.

Opening up the governance and allowing the whole community to decide their own leader is an idea I'm up to, with certain stipulations, obviously. I believe I have enough influence to form these kinds of decisions and help push peepcoin-DAPS to truly equal ownership of governance decisions amongst all. The idea behind the DAPSCore is to try to dovetail with this, to give an incentive structure to the "core" team of technical investors or otherwise. I will think alot about this, since I know how important it is.it's not an easy thing to setup an open organization AND structure it at the same time by virtue of how these things are. Some things will get said that aren't official, or things will be produced that aren't exactly correc ton details. This is why I've gone to the length of streamlining the social media and making sure it holds to certain guidelines. I've made sure NOBODY, nobody on the actual daps core team speaks about price, price predicitons, telling people to buy, etc.

On the topic of price predicitons; In fact, I've chastised our team members before for posting a tweet with a link to just markets, instead of posting a link to information. I do not believe we're here to get people to buy a coin, but to look into our ideas and decide for themselves the value of them. Anyone talking about price isn't considered any way to represent the DAPS development, but I will note that leaders and mods should not talk about price either.

I've yet to see it happen myself, but I put out additional guidelines about the moderators and leaders. Anyone associated with DAPS, moderating communities, etc will not be allowed to discuss price or price predictions in chats without being removed from any responsibilities, no tolerance. I do not accept using a position to pump or shill a coin, no matter what it is. If you find leaders, moderators, etc who do these actions please tell me and I will address it.

And don't get me wrong, I appreciate your honesty and kind words. I just hope that I can help make this project more than simply a dream for the people involved. Also if you wanna check out the whitepaper it's pretty much done, we will be posting it on the website as it's up but I think you'll like it.

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything, just be mindful of who you surround yourself with because the entire team will reflect on the coin as a whole, and a few bad players can make large negative impacts.
raimch89
Legendary

Activity: 1169
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:10:00 PM

need to put the good BCT on CMC
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 09:29:00 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2018, 09:46:05 PM by TheKingInYellow

To be clear, I'm not accusing you of anything, just be mindful of who you surround yourself with because the entire team will reflect on the coin as a whole, and a few bad players can make large negative impacts.

Well that's why I'm going to make sure to address any of the issues like you've brought up. =) We have decided to remove the leaderships altogether, and pending a complete rework by the community, a temporary structure is in place with me as the temporary coordinator of the aspects. I'm fine doing this, since I have time, and I believe my reputation is much more firm. This is mostly just a title change, since I was mostly managing alot of the aspects of this turnaround already with delegating tasks to various volunteers. It is a reason why I also don't want this idea of "DAPS is a leader organization" to continue, since it's a community project and hopes to build a real foundation to allow it to be self-sustaining.

Once the governance proposal is finished and the community wants to ice me out? Fine, so be it, I can't do anything about it. I just want there to be a solid organization plan so that people like yourself can see it's an open and transparent group.

TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:24:51 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2018, 06:37:22 AM by TheKingInYellow

need to put the good BCT on CMC

I'm sorry I forgot to reply to your post before, I would've edited it but I just saw it now and I don't think you'd see my edit if I did it in the above post. Wow, that sentence was a mouthful.

But, I and others have tried multiple times to get coinmarketcap to update many things, like the supply, and the thread link, but for some reason they just won't. I guess they'll do them.  Cheesy Hopefully almightyruler gets to editing that thread sometime to mirror the contents of this one, maybe once it's upgraded a bit~ This OP is a bit old still, we have a lot of stuff in the works like the organization revamp but the whitepaper is almost released and I hope it's going to atleast make some people think.

Meanwhile, Peepcoin and the network itself is doing rather well, and has picked up in average volume along with nodes and difficulty, all signs of growing network size and coin churn. It's good to be getting these coins back onto wallets properly, but we have to note that this increases emissions. The goal is to try to fight this inflation with the DAPS coin fork-swap. I personally believe the capped block reward will help a lot.

raimch89
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:05:20 PM

what is the actual inflation?
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:47:16 PM

what is the actual inflation?

Peepcoin's PoS is 100% annually, but it just hasn't been used. Most of the coins were owned by the dev, and he actually never staked a vast amount of them, something like 30 billion of his Premine never got staked, so the effective inflation of Peepcoin has been more like 10-20% annually.

kalunomics

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:25:00 AM

When are you going to commence airdrop and bounty campaigns to promote the coin again? More so, is there going to be a coin swap as you said the original developer had huge percentage of the coin's premine?
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:52:09 AM

When are you going to commence airdrop and bounty campaigns to promote the coin again? More so, is there going to be a coin swap as you said the original developer had huge percentage of the coin's premine?

We will be having a couple bounty initiatives soon I believe. What for? I'm not really sure. We'll come up with something. And yes that is the plan!

raimch89
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:48:25 AM

what happens for this insane premine after swap?
TheKingInYellow (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:00:13 AM

what happens for this insane premine after swap?

The goal is that it won't swap, due to the coins being inactive. There's the chance the dev wakes up from a coma and we have an apocalypse scenario of him swapping and/or dumping, but that's the risk we take. It's either we try or just let people buy his coins and work from there. Not much else we can do, I don't want to have any "manual" human part of the swap process. It must be trustless.

oidv

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:24:59 AM

How soon is it planned to be listed on the crypto exchange after the swap, namely the DAPS coin? How will PoW and PoS be distributed as a percentage?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: