Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:57:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KnC news  (Read 18003 times)
btc_uzr (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 07:42:48 PM

..and Thou shalt spread the coin in the name of cryptography for eternity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 04:04:04 PM

From https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-65

All,

Thanks very much for all of the people who purchased the upgrade modules, The entire bunch of 200 sold out in around 3 minutes. We have over sold a little as we were not fast enough to disable the product in the shop. and bitcoin transactions take a few minutes to become verified

What we will say is that to everyone who has paid via bitpay for their order will receive an upgrade board.

We do expect that all boxes will leave this week and we will double the team involved in packing so it goes as quick as we can

Thanks KnCMiner Team

If they know they oversold and can still fulfill those orders, they should be able to work in a few edge cases like ASIC-K as well, I would think.

aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:27:31 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-63!!!

"Unbeknown to the community we are currently developing the next generation product in 20nm/16nm process with Alchip, and we have much more to offer our customers, both past and future with respect to our mantra of under promising, and over delivering, none of which we could have delivered upon alone."

boldness in the air this morning.

If memory serves DeathAndTexas said that anything lower than 28nm will take almost two years before hitting the market and I have no reasons to doubt it, well a part from Alchip saying that they are working on 20/16nm tech for the next knc gen miners. Smiley 

i think there's a fair chance we will see 20nm and maybe even 16nm bitcoin miners during 2014.   the fabs are letting people tape-out now.  one of the asic companies that either has lots of cash... or, the ability to raise investment.. or maybe still some appetite to take pre-orders... will be able to front the extremely high NRE cost.

the big question is that what will it offer over just making more of the existing 28nm chips (or doing a new 28nm chip thats more optimised).  We know that BitFury is doing a 28nm full custom chip... and maybe others might do that too.

So Alchip and Knc have already said they're working on a design.  once they have a design, they will need to decide whether there's a market for spend upwards of $5-6m on the nre cost alone.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 05:54:36 PM

Yeah, but that same article states, "The design offers the industry’s leading performance (576Gh/s) and power consumption (under 1w/Gh/s at the wall)...".

Bitfury has lower power consumption.

Buy & Hold
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 07:22:14 PM

Yeah, but that same article states, "The design offers the industry’s leading performance (576Gh/s) and power consumption (under 1w/Gh/s at the wall)...".

Power costs meant something on miners less than 1 Gh...   it might mean something again next summer or next fall but only if the miners are dirt cheap.  This isn't 40W a Gh anymore

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 11:12:48 PM

Power costs meant something on miners less than 1 Gh...   it might mean something again next summer or next fall but only if the miners are dirt cheap.  This isn't 40W a Gh anymore

power costs still do mean something... but a balance of high performance and low power is required.  not just high perf and not just low power.  but right now, $/GH is very important, and W/GH is of secondary importance.   But if systems of like $/GH are competing, then W/GH matters.

-- Jez
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 02:05:58 AM

hey guys, anyone to speculate when the next batch might be available? i feel oct and nov were outstanding ROI months for jup owners... now that most of the other asic manufacturers are scheduled to ship coming dec and january i'd say ROI is going to be much much tougher than before.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 04:00:16 AM

So you're saying it's ok to lie on a press release, because it's not a very significant issue?

Buy & Hold
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 05:02:39 AM

So you're saying it's ok to lie on a press release, because it's not a very significant issue?

asking specific questions that relate to MULTIPLE interested parties, as opposed to singular stupid ones is apparently trolling.

Have you not been paying attention?

btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:20:49 AM

thx for reminding me to move this into a self-moderated one  Tongue
----

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-66

Today is the 15TH of November and we were due to start shipping, There is some bad news and some good news, The Bad news is the delivery of parts which we needed to begin today has been delayed by about 5-10 days
We found this out two days ago and have been working with the suppliers to get it as fast as possible but it’s not been possible I’m afraid,

But the good news is we can announce yet another performance improvement, All November batch boxes have a new PCB board and our engineers have been working overtime to improve the board as much as possible. We can now announce that the speed will be minimum of 650 GH/s in turbo mode or MORE depending on individual chip performance.  It’s important to note that the new turbo mode is not overclocking and will not void any warranty. But it’s also not available on the September/October Devices.
For the November shipments we are using UPS only and have increased the strength of the boxes to reduce the shipping issues.
We appreciate that any delay in shipment is not good news at all and we are doing EVERYTHING we can to decrease the delay.
Thanks
KnCMiner Team

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 11:47:56 AM

Yo, 1200W Gold rated PSUs November orders FTW pls! Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:11:28 PM

So KnC recommends 1200W PSU for the November batch ?

*edit:
yes, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170332.msg3590246#msg3590246

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:36:16 PM

Why would you doubt me??

btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 12:42:57 PM

Why would you doubt me??

I do not doubt what you say, sorry if I expressed myself in a way that you thought it's my intention.
I wasn't sure whether I got it right as non-native speaker facing an unknown abbreviation.
After looking it up myself and getting sure about it's meaning I've edited my post and added a link to another post of yours making it more clear for stupid ones like me.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:15:36 PM

Why would you doubt me??

I do not doubt what you say, sorry if I expressed myself in a way that you thought it's my intention.
I wasn't sure whether I got it right as non-native speaker facing an unknown abbreviation.
After looking it up myself and getting sure about it's meaning I've edited my post and added a link to another post of yours making it more clear for stupid ones like me.

Haha no worries bro. I admire anyone who is forced to speak English as a second language, and does so as well as yourself. I've grown up learning other languages I'm not required to speak, which is just as well, as I'm appalling at those! Wink

CYPER

Activity: 798
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 01:22:18 PM

Why would you doubt me??

Haha no worries bro. I admire anyone who is forced to speak English as a second language, and does so as well as yourself. I've grown up learning other languages I'm not required to speak, which is just as well, as I'm appalling at those! Wink

I have 2x V850 +2x V100 that I bought last night, so hopefully these will be enough for 19 boards (2x October Jupiters, 3 Upgrade modules and 2x November Jupiters).
puffer

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 01:25:09 PM

Hi all,
650+ Ghash/s is a great, great plus, it doesn't justify the delay of 5-10 days, but compensate
 what  i aspected from nov-shipment.
Go go KNC, let competitors burn in their jealousy, you rock, and your philosophy is pretty closed to BitCoin mentality.
Smiley

Quibus in rebus duo maxime fugienda sunt – ne quid effeminatum aut molle, et ne quid durum aut rusticum sit
btc_uzr (OP)

let's have some fun

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-67

All,
We have a new firmware for you today this is the 0.99 version of our firmware The firmware has the following

New features:
  - Update cgminer revision to 3.8.1. This should solve most of the issues with eligius pool.
  - Cgminer API always enabled (removed that setting from web interface)
  - Pool quota support in the web interface

Bugfixes
  - Fixed some memory leaks in cgminer
  - Fixed a number of bugs in the web interface
  - Turned off excessive logging in the lighttpd web server to prevent excessive memory consumption
  the firmware can be downloaded here
www.kncminer.com/userfiles/file/kncminer-0.99.bin

Thanks
KnCMiner Team

ultrix

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:24:25 PM

Why would you doubt me??

I doubt you because you made a non-technical correlation between two KNC customers and an unrelated forum post saying that the same brand had popped a motherboard.  News flash, every manufactured PSU on the planet has popped a motherboard, usually to no fault of its own.  Further the HX850 is a very stable PSU, we use them for 12V supplies in the lab and its what I have run on a dozen Jupiters for over a month.
One thing I did notice, which I overlooked in the product pictures during ordering is that KNC did not properly ground each ASIC board.   The PCI SIG clearly states that 6 pin auxiliary connectors are for 75W draw and 8 pin added two additional grounds, making it _SAFE_ to draw up to 150W.  Note: don't be a moron and read the spec incorrectly, the PCIe edge connector itself can deliver 75W, the 6 pin aux gives an _additional_ 75W, for a total of 150W.

The reason people have been popping boards is the combination of sloppy AC and the boards drawing too much power with not enough ground.  It has little to do with choice of power supply.  I altered my boards by scratching off a portion of the solder mask and soldering the additional two grounds.  Then I sampled the VRM output voltage for two hours.  End result less jitter.  And I'm running off of 208V synthesized AC from a large bank of Liebert equipment.

Long story short, if it didn't come straight from KNC's mouth, don't believe Orama's non-nonsensical, uneducated babbling.  KNC never recommended one brand over another, the only thing they indicated was a minimum capacity, which was 850W.   Until they post somehting on their website, ignore Orama.
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 07:45:45 PM

Why would you doubt me??

I doubt you because you made a non-technical correlation between two KNC customers and an unrelated forum post saying that the same brand had popped a motherboard.  News flash, every manufactured PSU on the planet has popped a motherboard, usually to no fault of its own.  Further the HX850 is a very stable PSU, we use them for 12V supplies in the lab and its what I have run on a dozen Jupiters for over a month.
One thing I did notice, which I overlooked in the product pictures during ordering is that KNC did not properly ground each ASIC board.   The PCI SIG clearly states that 6 pin auxiliary connectors are for 75W draw and 8 pin added two additional grounds, making it _SAFE_ to draw up to 150W.  Note: don't be a moron and read the spec incorrectly, the PCIe edge connector itself can deliver 75W, the 6 pin aux gives an _additional_ 75W, for a total of 150W.

The reason people have been popping boards is the combination of sloppy AC and the boards drawing too much power with not enough ground.  It has little to do with choice of power supply.  I altered my boards by scratching off a portion of the solder mask and soldering the additional two grounds.  Then I sampled the VRM output voltage for two hours.  End result less jitter.  And I'm running off of 208V synthesized AC from a large bank of Liebert equipment.

Long story short, if it didn't come straight from KNC's mouth, don't believe Orama's non-nonsensical, uneducated babbling.  KNC never recommended one brand over another, the only thing they indicated was a minimum capacity, which was 850W.   Until they post somehting on their website, ignore Orama.

I think you are taking it too personally mate, Bitcoinorama just passes on information that he is given on the ground, in the KnC office where he is sitting.

He gets asked questions here and other places, he then goes to the people who are there and asks them, or is in meeting where things get brought up, he then relays information back to us here, all with good intentions.

To accuse him of making it up or lying or falsifying truths is just paranoid-conspiracy-theory-nutso.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: