Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 14 merit bonus for quality users [Jr to Sr. Member]  (Read 4781 times)
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 09:51:22 PM

If you believe that you have quality posts for all 20 of your most recent posts then I will review them and if I agree I will give you 14 merit.
Sr. Members and below only.

However. if I heavily disagree I will add a neutral feedback to your account indicating that you are a spammer.
Game on. This is for those that complain about not being rewarded for quality content.

Disclaimer: I will only review the twenty posts that occur before your message.

*arbitrary amount is because of the sMerit I have left.

Please, don't send me merit. If you have merit to spare then give it to those that need it. Or save it, and in the likely case that there are more people here that deserve merit than I have available, you can send them the merit instead.
I don't think this is a good idea, but I'am eagerly to get merits because almost 5months here in the forum and my rank still Jr. I guess  I will grab this opportunity. I hope this not a bad idea I came in. Thanks in advance.

I hope you realize that 8 of your posts were on bounty threads posting your twitter stuff, and about 5 were one-liners that don't really contribute out of your last 20.

My bad. Thanks for the effort you made. I guess when you mean twitter is the facebook bounty campaign I joined. I guess I will do my best to make post that can contribute well in the forum. Thanks anyway.

My bad, I'm used to seeing those for twitter. Either way, bounty posts aren't constructive, and I would say none of your others ones stand out. actmyname might have a different stance, but I highly doubt it.

Unrelated, but I gave 7 merits to a few people in this thread who I thought were deserving.

taking a break - expect delayed responses

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rlim475

Activity: 59
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:30:23 AM

I like it, it's like russian roulette but with our own accounts on the line. I'll take you up on the offer, although I'm also fairly happy with the merit I have received thus far  Cheesy
It's good. But holy shit, the paragraph structure makes it sound so run-on in this post:

Does this mean I failed? I'll admit my sentences can get a little wordy at times when I can't quite find the right words. That's something I'm working on, not only in terms of posting on the forum but also in day to day life.
imjustagirl

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:41:29 AM

Hi, I want to try my luck here as well.
Sadly, "luck" is the word that best describes most merit give away threads  Cheesy
One should write at least 10 bitcoin-like whitepapers as posts in order to receive merit to become a member.
Seriously, it's not really fair to those who are newcomers, I read some threads where people have noticed that members with old accounts just create new ones and send them merit to promote to member. I really wish 1 merit was enough to become a member for those of us who do not have old alt accounts. 

1JPnqMd1Q43L3KbZ7SoTSdRCD2aLj2sikF Tip Me!
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:08:39 AM

Sadly, "luck" is the word that best describes most merit give away threads

Its not about "luck" its about how well you write your response to a certain question/post. All post that have substance in it and is not repetitive get merits to the eyes of the ones reading it.

One should write at least 10 bitcoin-like whitepapers as posts in order to receive merit to become a member.

Nope, just be straight to the point (response should not be like an essay).

Seriously, it's not really fair to those who are newcomers, I read some threads where people have noticed that members with old accounts just create new ones and send them merit to promote to member. I really wish 1 merit was enough to become a member for those of us who do not have old alt accounts.  

If you notice some, then try to investigate it. If your investigation came to a conclusion that the accounts are connected then you can get merits. To more about the details go here.
Devawnm367

Activity: 1022
Merit: 144

Penguin Party 🐟

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:50:14 AM

Man dont even try me im still new, i got neg trust for merits... if you would look through my posts though and tell me what I could do to better myself

𝕻𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖚𝖎𝖓 𝕾𝖜𝛼𝖕
PENGUIN PARTY BAITSHOP!
Swap, Pool, Stake, or Vote
Heartseed

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 10:36:46 AM

please do try to judge my last 20 posts.  thank you for this opportunity.
rajatjain

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:10:53 PM

I hope my posts add some value to the community. Do review mine and let me know how i can improve.

Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:00:09 PM

Hello! Good day! Kindly visit my recent post. Please try to judge my last 20 post. The merit system is good to us. They make the new BTT users to be constructive and to get the minimize the shit posters.
Try my luck!
RYXES

Activity: 140

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:40:58 PM

If you can be bothered, have look at mine.

Mostly, helping people who are new to mining and new help tweaking their rigs and OS and settings.

Cheers!

Merit me or don't.
bhubur22122017

Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:17:11 PM

sorry master ...
I am a beginner and may not have many quality submissions .. but I have 1 that I think is pretty good ,,, please check
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3018293.0
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:24:37 PM

sorry master ...
I am a beginner and may not have many quality submissions .. but I have 1 that I think is pretty good ,,, please check
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3018293.0

A quick check of your post history shows nothing but bounty submissions!?! This is exactly the kind of thing that the merit system is trying to reduce!

om_iyo

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:44:10 PM

Honestly, I don't it will work or not, but I have no merit. I was try to post something good before.
What are you talking about, my friend. You could not even compose such a good written-English thread. How do you feel if your poor-quality thread can receive merits? I don't believe it will get them at any odds.
Hence, my recommendation for you is:
1. Improve and sharpen your English skills (writing - of course - to help you publish good written-English threads; and reading to help you are able to understand what others wrote).
2. Don't beg for merits; just read and write to help if you can (when you read a thread, which you understand topic/thread's creators and know how to solve their problems; please write to help them). Sometimes you can get merits from thread/topic's creators or from someone else in the forum.
Sure... I will try, sir. Thanks for your suggestion. I found some posts with bad grammar, but he've get some merit. So, I still confuse, which one called a good post, content or grammar?

I will try to answer you this from my perspective. In my opinion content is the most important factor. I give merits based primarily on this (not that I have many of them to give). Sometimes it is for really good post I think enhances the overall forum quality or sometimes it could be a short to the point post that answered something I personally wanted to know.

Grammar is also important, but it is not a deal breaker for me if poster has some small grammatical mistakes. Post has to be easily readable and the one I quoted from you is not. The advice you received above is solid one and if you intend to post on English speaking part of the forum plus earn some merit you will have to improve your English skills a bit. I hope that I haven't offended you or come out as smart ass. That was not my intention. English is not my primary language as well. If you have a local sub-forum, maybe you can earn some merit points there.
Thanks for your advice sir. It's a good something for me. Yea, I have to learn much anything about bitcoin and altcoin to improve my skill, and my English also. Honestly, I'm really appreciate two-ways communication, like we do right now, in thread of bitcointalk. Because I found many people just drop some posts then go away.
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:48:48 PM
Merited by bitperson (1)

Hi all,

I try to, as much as possible, avoid the dumb, repetitive posts that really contribute nothing to the discourse here.  In so doing, I run across posts that I feel deserve merit but I don't have any to give, so I've begun to bookmark them to revisit and merit when I can.

One potential idea that might be considered by those that decide (theymos) on such things, a little down the road after the merit system has matured some, is to consider giving some amount of "bonus" sMerits to accounts at the time that they level up (excluding the levels with 0 merit requirements).  For example, if achieving Full Member level gives a person, idk say 10 sMerits, it could help to improve sMerit distribution.  This "bonus" should not accrue to an accounts Merits, only their sMerit count.

Best regards,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:14:42 PM

You can review my last 20 post.
They are quality or not that I always leave for other to decide.
I still have lot of question and by any mean I am not in any kind of development of bitcoin. (so somebody thinking some technical on my postlike segwit,LN,double spend, mem pools merkle tree than he will be disappointed only)

I hate scam and cautions people to avoid them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2970157.msg30515162#msg30515162

Currently more interested in creating some trading strategy. (Work in progress ,till I get successful one).

Thank you for your step for awarding merits.
Hey man, I went ahead and merited one of your posts from the 20 you wanted OP to review. I felt bad, it was a good thread you started... no merits. So there's one.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
RYXES

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:47:55 PM

If you can be bothered you will see them I'm a good samaritan and I like to help everyone with their mining.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3064314.msg31573224#msg31573224
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3063895.msg31572884#msg31572884
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3023468.msg31561599#msg31561599
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3034586.msg31331079#msg31331079
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3003548.msg30911497#msg30911497
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2163949.msg30911165#msg30911165
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2985340.msg30689120#msg30689120
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2985340.msg30689120#msg30689120
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.msg29322665#msg29322665

Cheers!

Merit me or don't.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

If you believe that you have quality posts for all 20 of your most recent posts then I will review them and if I agree I will give you 14 merit.

However. if I heavily disagree I will add a neutral feedback to your account indicating that you are a spammer.
Game on. This is for those that complain about not being rewarded for quality content.

Please, don't send me merit. If you have merit to spare then give it to those that need it. Or save it, and in the likely case that there are more people here that deserve merit than I have available, you can send them the merit instead.
This is what we need for newbies, a helpful thread that exists even only just for a moment. Thanks for your kind and generous offer mate, I added your post to mine for the people in my local board will also see this. Very glad to have the like of you here in our forum.
YuiAckerman

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 08:12:12 AM

This is nice to be one of the supporters of giving such a merit of the others and giving them a task, exciting? Yes I am also motivated of posting quality but I don't think it will satified all the readers, as you can see many people or users here are different taste to see such a post that completely be merited. Someday maybe next year I will be one of this supporters of merit platform or campaign giving free merit with decent and equal.
chitocrypto

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

For verified airdrops https://t.me/pinoyairdrop

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 08:58:40 AM

Risking the neutral feedback, I'd appreciate if you can take time to review my posts and get some pointers from someone older in this forum. Although some of it are in our local forums which may turn you off. I'm a newbie on cryptocurrency and newer here in Bitcointalk. Please don't read my first posts as those are due to my newbieness.  Cry

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
TheBeardedBaby
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134

₿uy / $ell

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:40:57 AM

This is a good way to get some constructive criticism. I'm trying to do the same /in a way/ with the newcomers.

BitNaija

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:51:51 AM

I applaud your step to help us get merit points to grow. If more Legendary members do this, the complaints will greatly reduce. Now I am sure of someone to review my posts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: