Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:44:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin become a long-term trusted store of value?  (Read 3329 times)
Tiktik

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:34:47 AM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
i dont know because theres a lot of goverments still hate this because they said this is a fraud to all but for me stroring money in bitcoin is not bad not bad but it is too risky it is up to people if they want to take the big risk in cryptocurrency but i think it will become a good storage of our money if bitcoin will become currency not a cryptocurrency like stable value.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:51:53 PM

Whether one should invest in bitcoin or not depends on whether you think Bitcoin will become a long-term trusted store of value.
If it does become a long-term trusted store of value, BTC should trade around $2,000,000 a coin (depending on how many coins are lost and are actually in circulation). That is over 100x the price of where BTC is today.
If BTC does not become a long-term trusted store of value, its likely price will be close to zero (unless it becomes a "cool" collectible... which is a possibility).
So if you think BTC has a 10% chance of becoming a long-term trusted store of value, it is a good investment with a nice expected return. It is still very risky but professional investors should invest some small portion of their portfolio in this case.
i dont know because theres a lot of goverments still hate this because they said this is a fraud to all but for me stroring money in bitcoin is not bad not bad but it is too risky it is up to people if they want to take the big risk in cryptocurrency but i think it will become a good storage of our money if bitcoin will become currency not a cryptocurrency like stable value.
The risk is always there in any kind of investment and it is all about having a risk management and also a proper knowledge and after that then we can easily say that there will be no such a hindrance or problem for us to worry since we know our limits and the things that we need to do and not to do. In my own opinion, bitcoin is a really good way to store our value for long term.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:04:14 AM

If you take into account how much money was spent on its extraction, then the price equal to zero will never be. Perhaps ether will replace bitcoin, but bitcoin will probably cost as antiques.
That’s not going to happen in any way or under any circumstances. We all are familiar with this fact that bitcoin is the strongest and oldest player of the market and it has never stood second to any coin. Rather all other coins in any form are following it for their market trends. Ethereum could be best among its community but this is mere exaggeration that one day bitcoin will be surpassed by it.
pelipurlara

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

Maybe yes, bitcoin become a long term for many people are part and living with bitcoin and I guess there are big companies that support and accept bitcoin.

To hold bitcoin for a long time will increase and you will get more than invested in return for your long holding time and your patience. Because bitcoin is already a viable trust and a safe investment for people and people who can make a profit from bitcoin, then they should try to get good information about bitcoin before they go for investment
knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 12:30:19 PM

Honestly, there is no 100% assurance that bitcoin will remain a good place for long term investment. Bitcoin is soaring high right now but it might fall down very deep by the upcoming years (or vice versa). Though btc became more successful comparing to previous years, we can't still confidently say that it will repeat the history because there are lots of possibilities that may happen whether it is on our favor or not.

I'm not a pessimist, against btc or whatsoever, what I'm telling is do not become over confident and think one-sidedly. Be prepared not only on good times but also to the bad times that will happen for btc.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
supercanada1

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:12:09 PM

Honestly, there is no 100% assurance that bitcoin will remain a good place for long term investment. Bitcoin is soaring high right now but it might fall down very deep by the upcoming years (or vice versa). Though btc became more successful comparing to previous years, we can't still confidently say that it will repeat the history because there are lots of possibilities that may happen whether it is on our favor or not.

I'm not a pessimist, against btc or whatsoever, what I'm telling is do not become over confident and think one-sidedly. Be prepared not only on good times but also to the bad times that will happen for btc.
If we talk about assurance, then there is actually no 100% assurance in any sort of investment for a very long time because the future is unpredictable. Nobody even knows what will happen tomorrow. But if we assume that things remain in the normal way, then definitely bitcoin is the best long term investment option. According to Eric, if a person fails to become a millionaire in coming decade, it is his own fault. Crypto currencies are able to do so if trusted.
Dodoymabs

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:28:20 PM

Like what we always know why government hate crypto is because they can't get taxed. That's why crypto is not legally accepted worldwide due to these reasons. Moreover, Bitcoin probably will become a long-term trusted store of value due to its features.  Also, this crypto is supported by Billionaires and that why it already established a strong foundation which I think very difficult to destroy.
ohlawdy

Activity: 259

- "Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now"

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:43:00 PM

There is a lot that needs to happen before that will happen , but i think it is the future of bitcoin. There is nothing that can be taken with you so easy as bitcoin , or is as anonmymous as bitcoin. This are a lot of good features to have for the long term.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:43:52 PM

Like what we always know why government hate crypto is because they can't get taxed. That's why crypto is not legally accepted worldwide due to these reasons.  

Bitcoin is as taxable as physical gold and cash money holdings are. They don't need to be able to take it away from you in order to make you pay tax over it. It all comes down to your legal duty to pay due taxes as every brave citizen would do. In most countries Bitcoin and other cryptos are already being taxed, but the thing with people is that they believe crypto offers them anonymity, and thus can avoid paying tax, but it doesn't work like that. As soon as people sign up at whatever centralized exchange, buy, sell, withdraw, their complete profile has been logged and saved on the exchange's server for ever. The government just needs to force the exchange to hand it over to them, and you're officially busted....
sserge009

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:38:49 PM

Nowadays no one knows what exactly will become bitcoin. I would like to think that bitcoin came to replace the dollar and become a single measure of exchange between people. If it becomes an ordinary means of accumulation, it will lose all its potential

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gameroid

Merit: 501

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:28:17 PM

Nowadays no one knows what exactly will become bitcoin. I would like to think that bitcoin came to replace the dollar and become a single measure of exchange between people. If it becomes an ordinary means of accumulation, it will lose all its potential
Although we do not know about the future, but i think that we need to accept the fact that bitcoin is becoming popular from time to time and therefore it is becoming stronger. so  i can say that bitcoin is a trusted  and safer currency for long term investment. I am hopeful that after a long time bitcoin will surely give us a good profit.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:47:07 PM

Consider this :

1. You have invested money into Bitcoin in Jan 2017 and at the end of Dec 2017, the price increased by more than 800%.

2. You also invested the same amount of money at a Bank. < Interest vary between 3% to 10% >

How many years have you gained by investing your money into Bitcoin, if you received more that 800% interest in one year? Doing some basic math on 800% divided by say %10 <if you are lucky to get that> = 80. So what do you think, was the best long-term strategy for a store of value?

You only need 1 year with exceptional growth in Bitcoin's value to obliterate interest that you are getting from Banks and most other investments.  Grin  
And that is only one year, can you imagine the profits those that have held for several years have? Those that could buy for a price below 100 dollars, while the previous year was extraordinary there is still a lot of profits to be had in bitcoin, probably the next bull market will come when the devs get the lightning network in a functional state and I will not be surprised to see bitcoin at 40000 dollars.
I am very much sure that the ones who have planned of holding this bitcoin for some longer period of time will be the ones who will be getting sure that the ones who have planned of holding this bitcoin for some longer period of time will be the ones who will be getting profit more than anyone else.

This is really a good plan to keep on holding your coins for longer period as this will give you a hope that the market value will keep o increasing most of the time.
This is why holding is the best course of action, I know that for traders holding your coins and doing nothing with them may seem boring or even dumb but when you see the profits you can get and the very low risk that you are incurring for doing this then holding is a very easy choice and the best part about holding is that the longer you hold the better the profits.
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:07:48 PM

Hopefully yes, its because bitcoin is tested by so many people who became wealthy which it gets people's trust into it.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
harimauagam

Activity: 410

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:50:20 PM

this bitcoin is very popular in the world and its age is old from 2009 to now, but sometimes so many people want to block bitcoin because of high rivals.
Bugsbey

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:32:11 AM

I think bitcoin will progress and it will stay  longer or even permanent.  As long as there is internet, which is impossible to disappear unless their is no longer people on earth, I am sure cryptocurrency will still be used. And in my opinion and observation, bitcoin will still be popular among all crypto currency.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

your criteria are too much, dont push it, $2,000,000 a coin??? seriously? the price of bitcoin is dependent on a real time traffic of demand versus supply, who would buy bitcoin with that price? bitcoin today has proven its long term value, from the day it started up to this date, for sure bitcoin will increase its price from time to time but you have to consider the market share of altcoins and other crypto in the future, you can rest assured that bitcoin can be relied on even for a long term. just trust the system and read all the graphs and read the market.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
jcarlo

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:48:03 AM

I think bitcoin already become store of value when bitcoin price touching $19k. Peoples will moving their asset to bitcoin because its more profitable than fiat money and bitcoin already have advantages than fiat money like fast transfer and lower fee transaction.
I am believe that bitcoin is long term investment and in other word bitcoin is long term store of value like gold
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:00:02 AM

Well, definately bitcoin is already proven of becoming long term trusted stored value due to its volatility. No wonder why investors will always invest in a huge amout of value because they believe it will double there capital once the market will increases.
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:04:26 AM

I wonder how did you calculate the value you mentioned on OP. Is it a prediction of BTC value after many many years? How many years did you imagine? Well, I wish your math come true while it seems too magical to me. I'm a Bitcoin believer and already invested in it. I believe Bitcoin is trusted investment for long-term investors. Many investors considering Bitcoin as virtual gold, this is early adoption compared to after five years. So the chance to be near zero is 00 percent.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:05:01 AM

Bitcoin already prooven as long term store of value or if i called it long term investment. As we know, bitcoin price always rising year by years and i think thats why bitcoin is long term invesment. But if you mention that bitcoin price will touching $2.000.000, i think its long run and thats is ambitious target
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: