Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:38:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does merit really helping the forum.  (Read 1344 times)
elena_rose19

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:41:33 AM

I think, yes the merit system is helping the forum. It eliminates spammers and encourage members to post and contribute useful information that can benefit and users can learn from. However, I think it's really hard to gain merits because a "constructive / quality" post is based  on one's own perception. So we should really work hard and research some more to obtain it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:56:22 AM

I think, yes the merit system is helping the forum.

It is helping the forum.

It eliminates spammers and encourage members to post and contribute useful information that can benefit and users can learn from.

But not that really effective. The goal of this new system is for that but there are still a lot of spammers. The root of spams are the Signature Campaigns that are popular in these forum, there are still campaigns so some spammers don't really care if they do not rank up as long as they are reaching their post quota and earning money.

However, I think it's really hard to gain merits because a "constructive / quality" post is based  on one's own perception. So we should really work hard and research some more to obtain it.

If you know some posts that is worthy to be given a merit, you can post it here who knows you might be a source.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:05:04 AM

Its already have a good impact in the forum, more members are now starting to post more quality and some of the spammers are now getting tagged specially for account farmers who are taking advantage to earn and not helping the forum. Even there are many members continuous complaining about how hard to get merit but still they are trying to get that and starting to change their posting style from poor to more constructive post.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
Jdavid05

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:51:08 AM

It is almost a month the new system of merit has been implement to the forum. What is your opinion? It is really working as it was expected? What is you opinion?
Yes Merit helps alot on forum The people that spam or activity farming cant do that now because they need merit and to get it you need to be patients and have high-quality post and meaningfull. Merit mades Forum Silent because There are no spammer now but many of people got many merits because of their alts.
Conquerogue32

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:04:27 AM

I think this merit system has its pros and cons. First, not all merit-worthy posts are noticed and given due credit. Second, non-meritworthy posts are given merit (can be given merit) just because they know the poster or for some other reason.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:52:55 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 07:14:04 AM by fxstrike

Why not put account that opened for bounties access limit to alternative cryptocurrencies only, because that is what required to earn rewards in most campaign anyway, and use this merit system to control their posting quality there.

Just put button on member profile page asking if the account is for bounty hunting purpose and set their account access accordingly, once this is up we should report any account promoting program out of alternate cryptocurrencies and set their account to bounty hunter.

Account that are not created for bounty or as some of us put it "learning" just go as normal using the old system.
Once again, this is not a forum to earn money, it is for a bitcoin lover and other crypto enthusiast to engage and do something good for the community. Making a criteria like that will encourage people to earn money only without engaging to each other, without learning process, etc. And who would merit them if they all dont give a contribution (high quality posts etc) to this forum and can only join into single board? The best chance they have will be the higher ranks that do bounty too and the chance there will be a lot of merit farming will be higher.

So from me, merit is working, not perfect, but merit doing a great job in this first month, i hope it will have a greater impact from this moment.
That is why we need user to voluntarily pre-designated their account according to their usage, if the person comes here just to learn let him have easier way to rank up and not bogged down by Merit system which specifically design to stop bounty hunter spamming the forum to rank up their account, and also the Merit system will served its purpose as a measure of how good the account owner posting quality at the alternate cryptocurrencies in case he choose the account is for bounty hunting purpose.

If we want this forum to be specifically just for learning purpose only, just delete alternative cryptocurrencies so no more bounty hunting here and no more spamming, the fact is we still not into that and we still allow some money earning activities going on here and allow alternate cryptocurrencies to exist, instead of subjecting everybody to same system that probably will discriminate some people who have intention to learn, we should ask user to voluntarily set his own account, and have him go through the specific ranking system. Once we decided that this forum is for learning bitcoin only just delete alternative cryptocurrecies, everyone go through same rank system

alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:56:07 AM

if the person comes here just to learn let him have easier way to rank up

If a person who came here really wants to learn, then a forum rank wont even matter to that person.

instead of subjecting everybody to same system that probably will discriminate some people who have intention to learn

I doubt it. Members of this forum doesnt discriminate others based on their rank but based on how well they engage and participate in the forum. Compare this guys rank and post to other member here including legendary ones and you will see the difference. The discrimination that you are talking about is only applicable to bounty hunters.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:54:55 AM

It is almost a month the new system of merit has been implement to the forum. What is your opinion? It is really working as it was expected? What is you opinion?
Yes Merit helps alot on forum The people that spam or activity farming cant do that now because they need merit and to get it you need to be patients and have high-quality post and meaningfull.
Yeah merit is making you shitposters come into the "meta" section too, isnt it? Refreshing your merit page every two minutes to check whether some kind-hearted merit source just gave you 1 or 2 merits for that last "knowledgeable ass-licking of merit system" - isnt it correct for 99% of the members?

Merit mades Forum Silent because There are no spammer now but many of people got many merits because of their alts.
Thats not true. Look into the recent posts and you will see so many people posting in threads where they need to post. They come to the forum for their own work and not to get merits. Are they all spammer? Not everyone.

Also alts will soon run out of merits and then those accounts will be stuck - because the sMerits of general people will soon run out and then only the merit sources will be there to give out merits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zarados

Merit: 130

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:17:30 PM

Merit system have solved the problem of post flooding intended only to rank up.

that's true, at least the work of the forum staff has become less, which used to be a lot of forum members who often do what they call farming activity in order to level up on time, now they only have to deal with new members who always create new topics that are already dozens of times discussed on the forum and think will be given merit and level up easily.
krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:25:56 PM

I think this merit system has its pros and cons. First, not all merit-worthy posts are noticed and given due credit. Second, non-meritworthy posts are given merit (can be given merit) just because they know the poster or for some other reason.

Based on my personal experience:

1) I have got more merits than I deserved in my opinion. Initially I struggled to get merits but then I started observing what type of posts are getting merited here frequently. I found that if you making list of related threads, compile useful stats, you can easily get merits easily.

2) Regarding merits being given to friends, some members are doing this. I consider myself a new member here and I do not know anyone here personally.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:18:24 PM

that's true, at least the work of the forum staff has become less, which used to be a lot of forum members who often do what they call farming activity in order to level up on time, now they only have to deal with new members who always create new topics that are already dozens of times discussed on the forum and think will be given merit and level up easily.
They should be able to do much better. We are all required to make things unique and also useful for many people. This is much more important because we will understand Bitcoin much more quickly and easily, merit has improved the quality of forums and this is very good for the development of this forum, now we can see a significant change like the loss of the scammers. This change has indirectly increased the confidence of various sources of information, the Forum is also increasing in popularity because it can provide confidence in the majority of developments around the digital currency.
fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:57:57 PM

If a person who came here really wants to learn, then a forum rank wont even matter to that person.
Some of the feature were limited specifically for high rank members only, and why do we need ranking system if it serve no purpose. Since admin keep it thats must be some benefit of it and they also encourage us to achieve it.
I doubt it. Members of this forum doesnt discriminate others based on their rank but based on how well they engage and participate in the forum. Compare this guys rank and post to other member here including legendary ones and you will see the difference. The discrimination that you are talking about is only applicable to bounty hunters.
I am not talking about member discriminating other, I am talking about the system will prevent people who solely comes here to learn from ranking up. Don't you see that those post contain some misguided info and some of it very dangerous and unacceptable mistakes.

nikenv2212

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:38:00 PM

Merit system is good, to improve the quality of posting a member, so with merit, posting members not just to meet the individual targets in the campaign.
But I think merit is not very effective if given by fellow members, it's good if the merit is given by the moderator, maybe it will be fairer because each person or member has different views in assessing the post quality or not  Grin
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:16:53 AM

Merit system really helps the forum. It is good because merit is used to have a good posts. For me merit system is the way how to improve the quality of every post.

Yes because when the time that there is no merit, a post is only to rank up thats why there are a flood posts just to rank up. Do you think merit didn't help the forum? You're totally wrong. You just say it is not helping because getting merit is not easy.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:36:24 AM

every change there must be a purpose, as well as the existence of a merit system must have goals and targets.
but until now, all members are still complaining about the merit because of the difficult way to merit especially for newbies who are new to bitcoin.

Coffee_Lover

Activity: 196
Merit: 3

Soycoin is the future "stablecoin"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:20:42 AM

Merits helps a lot in this forum. but the system cannot garuantee a 100% that all spammers will not post out of topic or un useful post especially the higher ranks (full member up) they didnt care about merits. They post for the sake of their bounty campaigns to get rewards. But this system are doing better nowadays it lessen the shit posters.
I agree. I believe that the merit system somehow helped bitcoiners to provide quality posts in order to gain merit and get into higher ranks. Also, it avoided other members of the forum to flood quotes and responses. Although, there are still bitcoiners who doesn't really think about other members. They just posts and post since it's fine with them because they are in the higher ranks and have lots and lots of merits since, they were full members, hero and legendary before the merit system was implemented.

Merits are also misused. Others give merits to low-quality, not-so-very-understood and grammatically wrong posts. There are also members who waste their merits to those who doesn't deserve to have one. I may not be that worthy to have merits but I hope the admins will see to it that the merit will be given to those who truly deserve it.

❍ soy coin ❍
❱❱UNIQUE BLOCKCHAIN CROWDSALE❰❰
FOR INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION (http://www.soy-coin.com/eng)
romanovst

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:38:43 AM

Merit system is good, to improve the quality of posting a member, so with merit, posting members not just to meet the individual targets in the campaign.

No doubt about this, and this is why the admin introduced this merit system.

But I think merit is not very effective if given by fellow members, it's good if the merit is given by the moderator, maybe it will be fairer because each person or member has different views in assessing the post quality or not  Grin

Now there are both advantages and disadvantages of merits being given by fellow members. The benefit is that by allowing fellow members to give merits to posts of other person, the work load on the staff is reduced. Indirectly, the members are moderating the good posts by giving them merits. But the disadvantage of this feature is that some members are not honest and are thus giving those merits to alt accounts.
rosalyn07

Activity: 244
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:55:24 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2018, 05:03:33 PM by rosalyn07

The other user's said merits are useless but for me it is useful specially last time there's a lot of spammers and shit poster although now they are gradually decreasing because of merit system and others have received a negative trust.
Gradation: The other user's now are trying their best to improve their post quality to receive merits so that they'll rank up.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:50:43 PM

That is why we need user to voluntarily pre-designated their account according to their usage, if the person comes here just to learn let him have easier way to rank up and not bogged down by Merit system which specifically design to stop bounty hunter spamming the forum to rank up their account, and also the Merit system will served its purpose as a measure of how good the account owner posting quality at the alternate cryptocurrencies in case he choose the account is for bounty hunting purpose.

This answer your idea.

Why not put account that opened for bounties access limit to alternative cryptocurrencies only, because that is what required to earn rewards in most campaign anyway, and use this merit system to control their posting quality there.

Just put button on member profile page asking if the account is for bounty hunting purpose and set their account access accordingly, once this is up we should report any account promoting program out of alternate cryptocurrencies and set their account to bounty hunter.

Account that are not created for bounty or as some of us put it "learning" just go as normal using the old system.

If we want this forum to be specifically just for learning purpose only, just delete alternative cryptocurrencies so no more bounty hunting here and no more spamming, the fact is we still not into that and we still allow some money earning activities going on here and allow alternate cryptocurrencies to exist, instead of subjecting everybody to same system that probably will discriminate some people who have intention to learn, we should ask user to voluntarily set his own account, and have him go through the specific ranking system. Once we decided that this forum is for learning bitcoin only just delete alternative cryptocurrecies, everyone go through same rank system

You are missing a really big point here. I ask you, what is the purpose of bounty and signature campaign? It is to advertise a project, is it not? And if you lock yours so specific account called bounty hunters into only 1 board, this is what will happen to the forum :
1. Advertisement will only reach the bounty hunters, which i can be sure that majority of them will just want to earn bounty, not to invest on the project. Potential investor numbers will be decreased, income of project will be decreased.
2. The owner of project will think that advertising on bitcointalk.org isnt a good move since the efficiency and effectivity is not as great as before, because well, you only allowed in 1 board.
3. Bitcointalk wont get money anymore if owner of project decide to find another way to advertise, maybe looking other forum,place,technique,etc. There wont be many project in the forum, they will go 1 by 1, then you will got no job, traffic to the forum goes down, no money anymore for forum.
4. Bitcointalk will die.

And i know you want to say that bounty job is to make ads on social media. Okay let me pretend that i am a newbie and see some project A ads on social media, clicked on the link and i will go to the website, read the website and maybe find a link about bitcointalk because i want to check the community and see what others think about the project, but when i come to see the project thread (assuming this is project is altcoin then it is specified in 1 local board like you suggest) i only find the bounty hunters which obviously will support the coin he is in no matter what, there is no other people to give point of view on the project, thus i can conclude that the suggestion and words from bounty hunters about their coins is biased because of personal opinion and this thought of mine can make me cancel my investment. Down again the number of investors.

You have any question about other scenario?

Some of the feature were limited specifically for high rank members only, and why do we need ranking system if it serve no purpose. Since admin keep it thats must be some benefit of it and they also encourage us to achieve it.

And what feature is that?

The only feature that is locked by rank is a feature to earn money which are, avatar, signature, do you consider this as a feature which can improve learning process?

If you refer to post limit and pm limit which can be associated to learning process,, it is locked by activity, not rank, read sticky post in meta section. Please enlighten me if there is another feature associated with improving learning process.
zarados

Merit: 130

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:54:22 PM

They should be able to do much better. We are all required to make things unique and also useful for many people. This is much more important because we will understand Bitcoin much more quickly and easily, merit has improved the quality of forums and this is very good for the development of this forum, now we can see a significant change like the loss of the scammers. This change has indirectly increased the confidence of various sources of information, the Forum is also increasing in popularity because it can provide confidence in the majority of developments around the digital currency.

Well, if viewed from the purpose and benefits of a forum, this merit system can strongly support the forum to focus more on the purpose of this forum created. Then in terms of business, of course, the future will be more difficult to market the ICO or new cryptocurrency because if the merit system is successful, then people who left in the forum are the people who are competent enough in the field of cryptocurrency so as to minimize fraud because most of the victims of ICO projects that contain fraud are newcomers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: