Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:01:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does merit really helping the forum.  (Read 1344 times)
topleskacah

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:10:16 PM

accounts with jr - member ratings try hard to improve their posts.
while I see, accounts with full member rankings upwards, they do not care about good posts, they just make a post to make money in the signature campaign.
I think the merit system has not been entirely helpful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:44:38 PM

Well, if viewed from the purpose and benefits of a forum, this merit system can strongly support the forum to focus more on the purpose of this forum created. Then in terms of business, of course, the future will be more difficult to market the ICO or new cryptocurrency because if the merit system is successful, then people who left in the forum are the people who are competent enough in the field of cryptocurrency so as to minimize fraud because most of the victims of ICO projects that contain fraud are newcomers.
A forum is created for the discussion on a subject as a public place to discuss. Which comes from the Roman "Forum" concept. This was never supposed to be the marketplace for ICOs to spread their business until it happened and now the altcoin sections are the places which get half of the traffic.

Again those who are high ranked now are the ones who are more competent and not the newcomers. The last part of your comment is wrong. Newcomers should focus on learning about crypto and the forum and then slowly  rank up and join a campaign if they can. Dont forget that these are privileges and not rights of being in this forum.

while I see, accounts with full member rankings upwards, they do not care about good posts, they just make a post to make money in the signature campaign.

Care to explain how you came to this conclusion that it is the junior members who are trying hard and not full members? Or is it because you have some alt accounts here and are trying to get all all of them ranked up? Roll Eyes

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kwame Genius

Activity: 260
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:48:28 PM

It look like spending all your  time working hard, at least, at the end, there should be some kind of motivation that will boost  you to put more input in your work. But if it's not like that It hurt alot. It's not our fault calling for merit reward though we are doing some shit as some say.  At list  one can not make shit through out.  Where there's sensible post the authorities should give as a sign of motivation.  Thank you.

center]fLibero.Financial
Hyper deflationary | Automatic Staking & Compounding
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:09:46 PM

I think that's not correct mate, we are all trying to have smerit just to rank up. Even me I suppose to be now a Full Member but look I stuck on this Member rank because I didn't meet the required amount of merit so that I proceed to Full member rank.
When I got rank? Maybe it takes a year I don't know.
Even I think I have a good post and trying to catch up the attention of those higher rank and hoping that they give us a smerit. But it won't happen besides they are giving those accounts that very popular here.

However, it gives a good impact on the forum now I saw lessen spammer and shit poster in every section.
Good job to the merit system. Grin Grin
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:54:37 PM

I'm not sure about helping, but it didn't hurt. Yes, I understand people want to rank up quickly to get more stacks but this forum is not about Bounty campaigns. It has tons of useful information I greatly appreciate. So merit system is encouraging people to make better posts. It is not a fair system, but if it making this forum more informative, even slightly, I'm supporting it.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
baundul

Activity: 307
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:35:35 PM

Yes Merit works really well. This forum has a lot to knowing thing. Many newcomers here come only for work. Many people do counter-work without knowing it. Forum are losing popularity with unwanted writings. Merit can only provide one person for good work. So I think Merit is one of the ways to know and understand everyone's personality.
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:34:39 AM

In my opinion it seems the forum goes exactly the same how it was before the merit system implemented, everyone is having the same way of conversation, maybe the management is trying to improve more the posting ability of each member, the purpose is quite good but the system is quite tight for everyone especially to those member who are in the lower rank that strives hard to rank up. The merit requirement is too difficult to meet to everyone, that is just my opinion, i always respect everyone’s view of the system😊
Maricel2017

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:48:05 AM

For now there are lot of accounts tagged because of merit system they taking advantage to ranked up easily that is why i think yes, merit system helps the forum a lot to avoid spammer and account farmers.

krishnaverma

Activity: 1274
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:55:06 AM

You need to observe more carefully:

1) If you see the applicants for signature campaigns and those shortlisted, you will find a lot of junior members also getting selected. Most of them were ones having some merits. Recently yahoo launched about 3 campaigns that allowed Junior members and higher pay for ones with merits. A lot of senior ranks were also rejected.

2) Most of the people label senior members as just "lucky" to get merit points by default. This might be true for some but those active in meta are really helpful and knowledgeable.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:49:45 AM

In my opinion it seems the forum goes exactly the same how it was before the merit system implemented, everyone is having the same way of conversation, maybe the management is trying to improve more the posting ability of each member, the purpose is quite good but the system is quite tight for everyone especially to those member who are in the lower rank that strives hard to rank up. The merit requirement is too difficult to meet to everyone, that is just my opinion, i always respect everyone’s view of the system😊

This is false. I've noticed the difference, and it's been pretty drastic. I watched about a dozen boards by adding them to my watchlist by default. I've been doing this for a few months now. Prior to the introduction of the Merit system, I would see roughly 15-20 pages of topics on my Watchlist. It was tedious, but I would click on every single one of the topics, review the first sentence or two of the post, and do one of two things: 1. I would click the "unwatch" link and close the tab, never to see that post in my watchlist again or 2. I would engage in topics that I found interesting.

This was extremely tedious to do on a daily basis.

Now? I've actually added a couple more boards to my watchlist, and on average, I only see 6-7 pages of posts appearing in my watchlist daily. So for your "opinion" of the forum being "exactly" the same way as it was before just means that you're not spending enough time on the forums to notice a difference, or you're posting in shitty megathreads that attract the shitposting spammers.

EDIT: Yup, just looked. Every post that you've made within the first page of your post history is on a shitpost topic with shitpost answers that all have at least a dozen pages (except for the post you made in this thread and a speculation post about if Bitcoin will reach $15,000 before the end of this year Roll Eyes). The reason that you think it's exactly the same as it was before the Merit system was introduced is because you are a shitposter that only posts in shit threads to spam your signature. You say that the merit requirement is too difficult to meet? With posts like yours, no shit.

*le sigh* the irony of your post is unreal.

ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:51:40 AM

I don't think that this is true. I mean everyone here want some sort of recognition and they want to rank up for better opportunities. So it's kind of addiction here if you really want to work on the forum. When you become full then you have to become senior and then hero and so on. This will be important over the course of time because people do recognise you after specific period and that way you can take serious decision on the forum and there will be value for your word depending upon your ranks.

So don't forget everyone here is working hard to get merits whether they belong to junior or full.
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:13:33 AM

Maybe those accounts that you see are the one's that we call shitposters (but not all of them are like this), there are many full members and up that is high quality posters, that accounts that you see are contented on what they are gaining here in forum and for those people like that I think thats the highest rank they can attain.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 11:49:10 AM

Yes Merit works really well. This forum has a lot to knowing thing. Many newcomers here come only for work. Many people do counter-work without knowing it.
Newcomers come here to "WORK" Huh Is bitcointalk an office for you all? Or is it where shitposters vomit and crap everyday in order to get paid by increasing the ocean of shitposts? And what exactly is counter-work?

Forum are losing popularity with unwanted writings. Merit can only provide one person for good work. So I think Merit is one of the ways to know and understand everyone's personality.

Good Work is not equal to merit. Period.

For now there are lot of accounts tagged because of merit system they taking advantage to ranked up easily that is why i think yes, merit system helps the forum a lot to avoid spammer and account farmers.

This is an indirect effect of the merit system. Its main function is to weed out those people's post which dont contribute to the discussion at all and to give some incentive (by ranking up) to those who make quality contributions to the forum.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
uslfd

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:56:02 AM

A problem is, I think people are in general not very generous with giving merits to even good posts.....

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:02:20 PM

A problem is, I think people are in general not very generous with giving merits to even good posts.....

You are incorrect.. check most merited users - some of the guys in the top 20 are fantastic posters (I am not claiming to be one of them) they bring value to the forum, I learn from plenty of those guys.

you on the other hand are a Pajeet poster so get no merits.

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
TheUltraElite
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:05:46 PM

Well here are some links which you might find very amusing then - which will make your claim totally baseless and BS. Do check these out :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats

Most generous recent merit senders

Like TMAN said, there are a "lot" of posts getting merited every now and then.

Instead of complaining that you are not getting merit - you can do the following things :
1. Stop acting like a bitch and start having your own personality. Learn to make quality discussions and not simply agree with everything which the person above you says.
2. Start to read the posts made by the top posters and learn how they contribute - maybe you will learn something yourself and some English as well in due course.
3. The best way to get rid of this problem is to leave this forum. Period.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:23:30 PM

Well here are some links which you might find very amusing then - which will make your claim totally baseless and BS. Do check these out :

Instead of complaining that you are not getting merit - you can do the following things :
1. Stop acting like a bitch and start having your own personality. Learn to make quality discussions and not simply agree with everything which the person above you says.
2. Start to read the posts made by the top posters and learn how they contribute - maybe you will learn something yourself and some English as well in due course.

Excellent advice to get a merit. Based on my monitoring, Most forum members get a merit on the quality topics they started, and only a small percentage of merit is given if we only comment on the topic, even though the comments that we write is a quality post. Therefore, the Newbe - Jr. Member members try to create a new topic in hopes of getting a merit. Though most of the topics created are junk topics.
uslfd

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:33:47 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 12:44:19 PM by uslfd

You are incorrect.. check most merited users - some of the guys in the top 20 are fantastic posters (I am not claiming to be one of them) they bring value to the forum, I learn from plenty of those guys.

Is it necessary to attack me personally like this?
Also, your comment is sort of racist.
This is pretty bad IMO

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
uslfd

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:37:43 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 12:49:10 PM by uslfd

I completely do not understand how some of these replies have to be so hostile and angry?
Someone points out a problem / an opinion, you agree or disagree, explain.
Why does it have to be so angry?

Also, the "stats" you're referring to does not take into account the "percentage" of posts getting merits.
Relative vs absolute, always look at both when you talk about stats.

Say, 1% of posts receive merit(s), then you could start asking yourself... do I see more than 1 quality post for every 100 I read?

Stats like "1012234 posts received merits" really is not useful in decision making.

Another example, when you report stock price, you don't just report the stock price. You also report percentage change from yesterday! Absolute & relative. You look at both

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:55:37 PM

Is it necessary to attack me personally like this?
Also, your comment is sort of racist.
This is pretty bad IMO

Pajeet posters are low quality posters who are here for bounties, airdrops and sig campaigns only. Generally not from the western world. Sometimes the English they write is so bad we don't understand them. Can't be racist if it covers 1/2 the world

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████