Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitConnect Lawsuit has Begun!  (Read 682 times)
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:16:00 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 09:06:13 PM by kahc

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/
Wouldn't surprise me if that clown Carlos Matos is next on the list Grin .

Here is the Class Action Lawsuit  -  Mirror link

These individuals/corporations are getting sued:
Code:
BITCONNECT INTERNATIONAL PLC, a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT LTD., a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT TRADING LTD., a foreign corporation;
GLENN ARCARO, an individual;
TREVON BROWN a/k/a TREVON JAMES, an individual;
RYAN HILDRETH, an individual;
CRAIG GRANT, an individual;
JOHN DOE NO. 1 a/k/a CRYPTONICK, an individual;
and JOHN DOE NOS. 2-10, individuals;
Defendants.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinocean03

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:17:09 PM

Wow! That's amazing!
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:43:15 PM

Wow! That's amazing!

Yes, nothing is more satisfying than to see scammers get rektd.
I sincerely hope they get sentenced to jail.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:53:19 PM

WASSSA WASSA WASSA WASSAA WASSSAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BIIIIITTTTTCCOOOONNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1111one

WoooOOO!!!!

WAHATACAHGONNNAADOOOOOooooo???!!?!?!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

I hope they are going after more than just the Youtubers.... what about the people that actually stole the money?  

Just about everyone knew it was Ponzi scheme, and every Bitconnect thread, reddit post, twitter feed, had warnings so none of the "investors" can deny that they were not warned.  Can they prove the Youtubers had insider info that wasn't available to the rest of us?  I don't know if it will be that easy to prove they were scammers.  They have the right to free speech, and can deny that they knew it was Ponzi scheme, claim they lost money, too, claim they were victims ...

While I hope something comes of this, and some justice is served, I also hate how much attention this is getting and how it will be another event to bring down the regulation hammer.  If the Bitconnect suckers had used their heads in the first place, and listened to people instead of calling them "FUDers", then this wouldn't have been a problem.

emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:59:58 PM

I am glad that prosecution is going forward. Some people in jail would do much good to the crypto world. These people are far more dangerous that the guy that got jailed for silkroad.
JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:02:17 PM

Too bad the real masterminds, the founders, are not identified and caught. Only those second down in the pyramid (the Shillers) pushing the coin on their social media were gonna get charged.

mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:06:06 PM

Hey Hey Hey...
Wassap Wassap Wassap Wassaaaaaaaaaap BITCONNEEEEEEEEKT

Finally it's starting! But really, who are they gonna charge for Ponzi affiliation scheme?? I don't remember seeying any of the big bosses apart from the lovely Carlos, that is one of the frauded guys too
LancelotRay

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

HEYHEYHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY

I wonder if Carlos is gonna delete his youtube channel now, his videos are gold. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpoj1sve2o
mikfresh

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

BIIIIITTTTTCCOOOONNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1111one

WoooOOO!!!!

WOH! THAT'S A SCAAAAM!!!
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:09:51 PM

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have never been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/

Personally I congratulate those who had the strength r to take bitconnect to court. If we all should emulate this gesture and stand up against any scamming project and ready to pursue the  case to logical conclusion then projects that will scam will drastically reduced.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:22:19 PM

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

I hope so but not only carlos matos. All of those are standing behind the carlos matos should be included on the list. There is so many leaders in the bitconnect itself. Glad to see bitconnect lawsuit will begun.
And then bitconnectx will become another cancer to the crypto in the future.

Hey Hey Hey...
Wassap Wassap Wassap Wassaaaaaaaaaap BITCONNEEEEEEEEKT

Finally it's starting! But really, who are they gonna charge for Ponzi affiliation scheme?? I don't remember seeying any ogni the big bosses apart from the lovely Carlos, that is one of the frauded guys too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhyAREaWfyU

What do you mean about gonna charge? Those are standing behind carlos matos?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:29:24 PM

This is great to hear, the scammers shouldn’t get away easily to avoid such incident from happening again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

preshpr1nce

Merit: 60

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:34:36 PM

This is great news but also a bit off to me.
The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.
BitChief

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.

Yes we all knew this day would come, it was clear that this was a blatent ponzi scheme. It's hard to say if the head culprits of this really understood what they were doing or if it was blind leading the blind, but great to see actions being taken.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:56:38 PM

More people were charged, but I don't remember their names. Most of them Youtubers or promoters of some kind.
I can assure you that most of them, if not all of them knew what was going on behind the scenes.

They made millions through the referrals program.

Ohhhhh boy, they thought they could just walk away with millions of ponzi-style accumulated dollars and get away with it, never have they been so wrong.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:01:31 PM

So Cryptocurrency is getting cleared with all the scam company and market is running towards genuine coins in market it is good lesson for newbies nt to enter in these kind of programs
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

Finally!

I never invest in this ponzi, but few friends of mine did, blinded from the fast profit and greed. I will forward it now and let's hope that the court will take everything from BitConnect and they will rotten in jail!
ethereumnews

Activity: 150

PM me for posting ANN.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:10:53 PM

That is awesome news. I hope he spends rest of his life in jail.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:10:58 PM

good news! too many people hurt cause of their ponzi scheme.
I hope they will rest in jail for a long time.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
enervey

Activity: 76

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:14:21 PM

I wonder how these guys feel right now: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2697059.0

1.Daily Profits
2.Compounding %
3.Earn Bitcoin
4.Definitely not a Scam
5.New BITCONNECT ICO launching 1/10/18

Everyone loves to hate BITCONNECT, but the fact is that nobody has lost any money with them. They do offer a big referral reward, but so have tons of other companies to get started. I've started out very small with no referrals and earned over $200 in % in 1.5 months. Yes, there's always a chance that it could disappear, but that is true of many investments that people make. SCARED $$$ don't make NO MONEY
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 03:29:36 PM

I hope BitConnect scam should be a lesson to all of us. Always analyze things before investing and not just simply buy it because it is in demand. It is very easy to gain publicity specially if you use facebook and googleads as medium. So again, always analyze things, read their whitepaper and check if the project is really feasible.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:37:26 PM

i can't find any details about this lawsuit. what exactly are they trying to prosecute and why are they going after youtube nobodies rather than the pricks who actually created and ran bitconnect? they're the ones who have vast amounts of other people's money.

it's conceivable a court might believe these guys when they thought it was the real deal, though clearly it wasn't. the same can't be said for the operators of the actual ponzi. who are they and what's being done about them?
dalesotpi

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:41:59 PM

My greatest respect to those who have the energy to bring those connected with bitconnect to cuort for a proper trial.
This will encourage those others that have been scammed to stand up and follow suit. And eventually decrease, if not eradicate, projects that are built to swindle and scam many investors.
Congratulations to you all
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:14:16 PM

i can't find any details about this lawsuit. what exactly are they trying to prosecute and why are they going after youtube nobodies rather than the pricks who actually created and ran bitconnect? they're the ones who have vast amounts of other people's money.

it's conceivable a court might believe these guys when they thought it was the real deal, though clearly it wasn't. the same can't be said for the operators of the actual ponzi. who are they and what's being done about them?

Here is the Class Action Lawsuit .
Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

They are going after the BitConnect and their top promoters.
The case is still under investigation, so I guess we will hear more about it in the news and more people will join the class action.
adelaisav

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:19:19 PM
Merited by European Central Bank (2)

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

This is magnificent. It will influence shillers to reconsider before drawing some rubbish looking for associate expenses. Ryan Hilbreth and CryptoNick will be required to get a lawyer (Spend cash) react to the dissension, and so forth. A straightforward youtube "Sorry" wouldn't cut it. They are fucked. Any pick up that they made is at last going to get eaten up by lawful expenses and their psychological state for the following year will be damnation.
caisa88

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:33:41 PM

That's great! I really hope that those who lost money will be able to recover some of their losses and learned the lesson that when something seems too good to be true, then it really is !

JuniAiko

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 04:34:30 PM

The masterminds need to be caught.
Hopefully one of the promoters actually knows their identities.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:51:28 PM

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

The case is still under investigation, so I guess we will hear more about it in the news and more people will join the class action.

cool. thanks for the info.

what is the track record with prosecutions for stuff like this in the past? how was malicious intent proven? ponzis seem to be relatively rare outside the third world, but crypto certainly has helped them make a comeback.
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

cool. thanks for the info.

what is the track record with prosecutions for stuff like this in the past? how was malicious intent proven? ponzis seem to be relatively rare outside the third world, but crypto certainly has helped them make a comeback.

That is a good question, honestly I have no idea.
However that lawfirm Silver Miller seems to have settled a few cases in the practice area of Cryptocurrency in the past.
They are currently also involved in COINBASE CLASS ACTION, KRAKEN CLASS ACTION and  Tezos’s ICO fraud.

Not sure if those merits are considered a good proven track record or not...
mariomerula

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:21:22 PM

This news Made me very happy.. I hope they Will be judged culprit And go to jail... I really hate scammers!

▰▰▰▰▰ CRYPKART ▰▰▰▰▰ (https://crypkart.com)
▰ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure. ▰
Holla123

Activity: 504
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:29:04 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 05:54:29 PM by Holla123

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

what could be the point of a lawsuit here? People were investing fully aware that this was most likely a scam in the hope of making a timely exit. It was said that the whole interest was financed by a superior trading bot. That story in itself is weak if you look at the interest rates earned at bitconnect. Then the company registration does not even show a valid address and they did not have a phone number  Roll Eyes. There is a great video on youtube where someone is trying to do a background check on them.

If they are at it they could also ask Suppoman about shilling B3 where a lot of noobs lost their money. Hopefully they did not lose their interest in blockchain as it is the right space to watch.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:29:16 PM

this will make a huge effects to another crypto with ponzi scheme as the main product
i hope there will be no ponzi scheme with crypto as the product anymore  Wink

Hssn

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:34:44 PM

UMM UMM NO NO NO
Joe-Niner

Activity: 130
Merit: 145

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:42:03 PM

Good, we need to let everyone know that scamming won't be tolerated.  Hopefully this spurs on more solid legit projects, crypto as a whole can only benefit from that.
bulbolitobayagyag

Activity: 166

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:44:44 PM

Good news the justice will be given to those who got rekted and scammed by these people,we shouldnt be joining  any lending platform because its too risky and we could lose anything that we have.We should take seriously every investment that we are doing do alot of research first so we wont be joining any of these ponzi schemes.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
w5pn73

Activity: 635
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:45:17 PM

More people were charged, but I don't remember their names. Most of them Youtubers or promoters of some kind.
I can assure you that most of them, if not all of them knew what was going on behind the scenes.

They made millions through the referrals program.

Ohhhhh boy, they thought they could just walk away with millions of ponzi-style accumulated dollars and get away with it, never have they been so wrong.

Justice for all! I'm interested in the outcomes, I will be following this closely.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:49:27 PM

This is the justice that the people need after deceiving by these founders,although most of the people knew the risky they still have joined this ponzi scheme.Founders who had stolen billions of dollars could be imprisoned lifetime if these people have done enough to destory the investor's life,they shoudl be hang to death in the public places to serve as warnings to all the greedy people.

chukaday

Activity: 210
Merit: 104

⚡ Property-secured P2P lending ⚡

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:53:41 PM

What I don't understand is how they are going to get justice in all of this? Yes the youtubers were doing something wrong, but what about the people who started it? I want them to get caught and as of right now it looks like they are going to get away which is terrible Undecided. I would love to see the founders brought down, justice needs to be served here!

cryptospear

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:57:42 PM

This is very good news especially those people who got scammed by this well crafter ponzi scheme from the past that are seeking justice,the damage has been done but if the lawsuit would be successful they can still get what they have invested to,scammers shouldnt be given any chance in our community decentralization is a good thing but some of these people are abusing the privilege of it.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◆      P L A Z A      ◆  ◆  ◆  ◆       The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]       PRE-SALE Starts    │    March 15th, 2018       [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM   GITHUB   MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   TWITTER   FLIPBOARD   REDDIT   LINKEDIN   FACEBOOK   EMAIL
arienna23

Activity: 221
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:02:08 PM

Finally some action being taken. This was a much needed step as otherwise it would have set a precedent for other scammers to do such a thing again without any fear of law.
cryptoux

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:02:46 PM

This is indeed a good thing for those people who are asking for justice,billions of dollars has been stolen from most of the investors who had joined this ponzi scheme,these people should given a life imprisonment so that there will be no one to follow their footsteps,it was a scam from the start but most of the people doesnt do researching before that is why a lot of people are getting scammed.

nakamote

WINSTARS - We are changing the face of gambling

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:16:16 PM

This is very nice because we will have some justice at the end,we dont want our cash back but we want these people to get incarcerated so that there will be no more scammers in our community, i personally dont have any idea when i invested to bitconnect,and i know thats my fault why i am scammed,but after that i am doing a lof of research so that i can prevent that thing to happen.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
WINSTARS -   We are changing the face of gamblingWHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAMFACEBOOK ● Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:34:31 PM

This is very great because the justice starts to put these people down,most of these has billions of dollars in their pocket stolen from those noob investors who doesnt know to do research or those people who risk their money into this well crafter ponzi scheme,it was scam from the start but most of the people didnt mind the posibilities of being scammed because of the promises of these greedy people.

ModaFuka1994

Activity: 182

The stock photography revolution

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:38:57 PM

This is what all ponzi system deserve Smiley. The mistake of Bitconnect is they public their real identity. LOL. A lot of other ponzi systems scammed money from investors without being caught cause they keep their identity private or they use fake information Smiley). My suggestion is stay away from ponzi scheme and you'll never having to worry when will it turn to scam Smiley

makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:40:48 PM

These people shouldnt be allowed to live anymore,millions of people had been scammed and all of their family's im sure suffered they shouldnt be given any chance to appeal in the legal court,hand them in the public places so that they wont be followed by these people who want to scam a lot of people,billions of dollars were stolen and they should be given atleast a death penalty.

bratbu

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:50:51 PM

Finally the justice will prevail,all of these people should be given death penalties so that there will be less people that will follow these scammers,they have stolen billions of dollars last year from those big and small investors,i know that these people should be responsible to their actions but a scam will always be a scam,ponzi scheme will find its way to have a good exit just like these people have done.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
Melfoy72

Activity: 196

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:53:54 PM

Mirror link

OMG  thanks a lot for video. What an amazing idiot. How the investors could watch it. I feel sick after his crazy play. Hope he will be same a funny in a prison. Smiley

ac2eugenio

Activity: 275

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:59:36 PM

This would be a good relief for those people who have lost a lot of money because of this well crafted ponzi schemes.People should be more vigillant with their investments,researching is really needed for them not to get scammed by these projects,i want those people to get the worst penalties in the legal court so that less people will follow their dirty footsteps.
ArtiSHOCK

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:05:07 PM

This is very good news! A lot of people lost their money because they invested in this shit. Including me..I don't believe in landing pages anymore)
cryptoatomic

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:06:24 PM

This is great those people who got scammed can have their revenge to these people,this is what they deserved after stealing billions of dollars of investments to the most of the people who were fooled by their promises,i expected this to happen from the start that is why i stopped my friends from investing to these type of schemes.
crypto2k180

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:10:26 PM

Wow  Shocked, I did not think that the case would go so far, and that this would lead to a level of trial over the scammers. It pleases if everything will be good

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
cryptodevs

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:18:59 PM

They should be put to jain forever,they have destroyed a lot of lives and stole billion dollars of investments to those big and small investors,shouldnt be given chance to prove their innosense because they have done enough damage to those people who have been fooled by their ponzi promises,a ponzi scheme from the start and will end just like the other ponzi is.
Torps1

Activity: 574

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:27:39 PM

It is a welcomed development that the culprit are being brought to book.
This will cut-down on aspiring scam projects.
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:29:00 PM

Good thing those people who are involved with this ponzi scheme will receive some justice,these people shouldnt be given chance to appeal to those lawsuit so that they can enjoy their whole life inside the prison,or if they dont want that they can have death penalties because they have destroyed thousands of people's life.

abduljacklu

Activity: 235

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:46:13 PM

Very good news to those people who got scammed by this ponzi scheme,they are all deserved to be incarcerated for the rest of their life.People's hard earned money were stolen by these few people who wants to make easy billions of money,the justice will prevail and im sure these people will be judged to quickly.

muhdatha

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:55:04 PM

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

Sounds great. I hope all of them go to #
As I know a few investors of Bitconnect committed suicide.
So all staff of that scam must be in prison.

paolma

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:58:50 PM

Good to hear it, i hope they gonna get what they deserve for what they done with the people who send money to them.
OlinEmerson

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:01:53 PM

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

great to see bad guys getting punishment
X-avier

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:05:38 PM

All this is certainly cool, but I do not think that ordinary people will be able to achieve the payment of their money from this company! This is unrealistic!!!

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:06:30 PM

This will served as a good lesson for those who will follow the same path as these scammers did,never under estimate the power of justice because it will always find its way to get your asses down.This is a very good news for those people who got scammed last year because they will be given a chance to get back the stolen billions of dollars from them.

matsusomoto

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:13:06 PM

Great those people who got scammed will be able to seek justice,i hope these people should put into jail for the rest of their lives,so that they cannot scam people in the future,STEALING shouldnt be allowed in this world.Those hard earned money were stole,thousands of lives has been damaged these people shouldnt be given any chance to appeal in the legal court.

HartleyDrake

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:18:01 PM

Mirror link

Code:
Defendants.

Yes!!! finally a scam coin getting punishment.
cryptomorphines

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:25:31 PM

Scammers shoud be all put in jail,those families who have lost a lot of money because of this ponzi scheme,well we cannot blame these people because they just want to earn money faster.People should be always be careful before getting involved with these projects so that in the end of the day they wont regret what will happen to their investments.
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:28:57 PM

WoooOOO!!!!

Hahaha.  Grin

Wasa wasa wasaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

I was about to comment this but you're faster than the flash. Those people who are behind this keep should get themselves on arrest to give justice to those investors that they fooled.

What I like with this action is that it gives fear to the people who will try this in the future. Those bitconnect shillers should also be accountable for attracting more investors that they want to fool and scam.

BountyLord

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:31:54 PM

Good news! And I hope that we will see BitConnect founders and promoters in prison soon. If so then it will help to prevent new ponzi schemes in cryptocurrency area.
HoaNguyen

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:32:31 PM

I've been waiting to see this day for years. LOL. As I know this is the first time ponzi system have to face with a lawsuit cause before nobody know who stand behind a crypto ponzi system cause they often tried to hide their identity. Maybe Bitconnect investors will have chance to take their money back. LOL

Blas

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:32:37 PM

This is great news, but I am a little bit sceptical about the final result. I am really hoping that this will be lesson to be learned here.
cryptocue

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:38:16 PM

This is great because those damages that they have done to those investors will be paid off,life imprisonment wont be enough but a death penalty would be good so that those people who are planning to to shady things like bitconnect would be scared,hard earned money from people are getting stolen and these people doesnt deserved to live.

cryptomngr

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:49:55 PM

Great news to all the crypto universe,the community will be pleased to what will happen to those founders who are the brains of this biggest cryptocurrency scam project,people are right they shouldnt be given a chance to have their lawyer because they did steal billions of dollars of investments from those poor investors who got baited with their promises.

Danish Mohiuddin

Activity: 155

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:51:25 PM

One needs to make an example out of Bitconnect !!! Good Job  Hope all of the Bitconnect Executive face Jail time Angry
gargavaar

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:01:23 PM

This case makes me wish that Tarring and Feathering is brought back as a punishment.
I really hope the judge throws the book at the lot of them
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:13:33 PM

This is just great news,the people should rally and file law cases with these people so that there will be no one to follow their footsteps,they may have billions of dollars but they cannot use it because the justice will always prevail,those people who got scammed should get their investments back so that there will be some equality.

OwenBurgess

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:19:47 PM

Code:
Defendants.

finally some justice against these spammers 
QuinlanDeclan

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:21:06 PM

Code:
Defendants.
great these spammers should be punished heavily for what they did to people
joselitobayagbag

Activity: 231

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:27:18 PM

finally some justice against these spammers 
They are not spammers,they are scammers do you really know what you are talking about? bitconnect was the biggest scam that the cryptocurrency community has,it is the worst nightmare for all those people who get involved with that ponzi scheme,people had been warned but most of them are blinded with the promises of getting more money by investing.

sycaburatan

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:34:52 PM

Best news that i have known today,those people are surely get alarmed to what will come to them expect the worst for these people stealing millions to billions of dolalrs isnt a an easy case to get a long,the national government will to their thing just to put these people to jail for the rest of their lives.We should prevail because those people who got scammed will be able to revenge.

Vaflia

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:38:23 PM

Finally! I hope these scammers will get what they deserve. I hope that they will be given the maximum possible prison term.

dulari1

Merit: 4

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:43:37 PM

I hope they are going after more than just the Youtubers.... what about the people that actually stole the money?  

Just about everyone knew it was Ponzi scheme, and every Bitconnect thread, reddit post, twitter feed, had warnings so none of the "investors" can deny that they were not warned.  Can they prove the Youtubers had insider info that wasn't available to the rest of us?  I don't know if it will be that easy to prove they were scammers.  They have the right to free speech, and can deny that they knew it was Ponzi scheme, claim they lost money, too, claim they were victims ...

While I hope something comes of this, and some justice is served, I also hate how much attention this is getting and how it will be another event to bring down the regulation hammer.  If the Bitconnect suckers had used their heads in the first place, and listened to people instead of calling them "FUDers", then this wouldn't have been a problem.

valid point .

advertisers and promoters just share small portion , but big fishes got escaped easily , so catch them too .
also not only punishment but fine them heavy and reimburse that amount to people who even lost their lifelong savings in this shit .
i know those investors got greedy and without thinking invested in this trap , but still their fault is only this they did not use mind .

EQUALtoken.io      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄
▀ ▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY
cryptocrocs

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:43:45 PM

Those people behind the bitconnect scam surely doesnt see this coming,justice will find its way to get their karmas turn to themselves.These people should be put to jail immediately because they stole billions of dollar investments from those hard working people who only wants to earn money from their promises,it will be a good start for our community to fight those greedy people.

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
Viecoin

Activity: 852
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:44:37 PM

Was anybody here holding Bitconnect? I must admit, the social media buzz and Youtube ads almost grabbed me as an investor. Things just seemed to good for me to follow through.
Kuhner99

Activity: 61

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:46:09 PM

Great, hopefully justice will be served.
cryptoprophecy

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:53:13 PM

Justince will prevail,hunt those founders too so that these people wont be enjoying the money that they have stolen from thousands of people.They should put to jail as soo as possible so that these type of activities wont have any chance to scam people in our community.Their wrong doings shouldnt be tolerated by the law!

BITEX >>> The First Locally-Embedded, Yet Global, Crypto-Bank <<< WHITEPAPER - ANN - JOIN WHITELIST NOW!
                TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK   TWITTER    YOUTUBE    LINE       PRE-ICO STARTS 23RD APRIL 12:00 GMT
adelaisav

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:00:40 PM

dont worry victim of bitconnect i feel your pain truly , heard this coin from youtube and to be honest they got my attention but since it seems shady and of course i dont trust their ceo or whatever ( bald guy who sing about bitconnect ) that guy seems foolish and very cringe , so i hope this lawsuit goes smoothly
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 10:56:03 PM

I am very happy to hear about this lawsuit. I don't think any money will get to the BitConnect "victims". But I am not sure they should have any restitution at all. BitConnect was well known Ponzy scheme and almost all of its investors were well aware of it.

GlennEfrain

Activity: 120

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:01:32 PM

Code:
Defendants.
this is great news frauds getting punishment
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:10:19 AM

Lol, that imbecile Craig Grant just removed his Youtube video about the court date.....hahaha what a fucking joke. Guess people are threatening him.
Cryptoguru274

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:17:07 AM

This suit serves them right and will serve as a deterrent to others who would want to toe the same path. I believe the justice system of that country would do the right thing without compromise. Thanks

AravinthP

Activity: 154

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 02:36:54 AM

Justice should prevail at the end for us to have some hope.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
leynylaine

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:54:15 AM

Well, they deserve it. But I think their money won't get them to jail.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
StevieLuigi

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:25:29 AM

Totally deserving of it. Hopefully the justice system puts them where they belong
Thaoan

Activity: 32
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:59:02 AM

Good new for BCC coin at this times! But thiss coin need more work to grown up again!
I think! New dev with hard work!  Grin Grin Grin
CriptoNata

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:10:36 AM

Many of my acquaintances bought this coin and took part in the project BitConnect. We must tell them this good news, let them rejoice ...
SGToken

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:12:53 AM

Go and hunt them down. Show the future scammers the strength of crypto community.
rickn

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:19:47 AM

These people deserve many years of jail and a giant fine to serve as an example for other ponzi schemes that still exist in the crypto market
yanxuanyunshan4

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:24:44 AM

I am glad that the prosecution is proceeding. A liar should not be easily escaped to prevent such an incident from happening again.

I hope they'll go to jail for a long time.
serian

Activity: 195

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:40:30 AM

So Cryptocurrency is getting cleared with all the scam company and market is running towards genuine coins in market it is good lesson for newbies nt to enter in these kind of programs

I hope so. There are always be scams in crypto many newbies know nothing about crypto putting money into ponzi schemes.

cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:12:40 AM

Oh yes!!! Finally, it comes! You know why? Because they really deserve to be sentenced for being a Ponzi scheme. Lending programs won't last long because they need a lot of ongoing money from investors just like what most HYIPs are doing now.

Especially those Youtubers from the US of A, they will be sued for participating in a Ponzi scheme and will be scheduled on the court like Trevon James. Good luck to them anyway! Bye2x Bitconnect. Hey hey hey!

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Melfoy72

Taklimakan Network : Business Platform for Crypto

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

All this is certainly cool, but I do not think that ordinary people will be able to achieve the payment of their money from this company! This is unrealistic!!!
As usual in a Ponzi scheme first investors take his profit from second investors... and than second from next and next.
That's mean last unlucky participants already brought his funds to previous investors and they can't return it back.
So I agree - it impossible to get funds back.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:51:09 PM

Was anybody here holding Bitconnect? I must admit, the social media buzz and Youtube ads almost grabbed me as an investor. Things just seemed to good for me to follow through.

hell no. and as for anyone else i really hope not.

i simply cannot understand how anyone, anywhere would fall for something as obvious as this. it fulfilled every single criteria for a ponzi scheme.

https://www.sec.gov/fast-answers/answersponzihtm.html

it just goes to show that greed and stupidity is an unlimited resource in crypto. it always will be too.
The Crypto Revolution

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:00:07 PM

Im glad this has come to light...craig grant popping up in adverts everytime you watched you tube video on crypto..there he was jumping around loving life ....he doesn look so happy in his last video pleading poverty and saying that he cant afford a lawyer., him crypto nick and all the rest of them. They knew what what happening but greed took them over and now they will have to face the consequences.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1187

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:02:00 PM

I saw too many memes with bitconnect maan that they are stuck into my mind forever Smiley). But I'm glad that someone will pay for all this scam and I hope prison will do just fine for them.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
anthinguy21

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:13:02 PM

Grin I've waited to see this day for long times Cheesy. I really hate ponzi scheme cause it make people have bad thinking about cryptocurrency Smiley. A lot of people all over the world always think that Bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency are scam just because they lost their money with ponzi scheme like this. LOL. What a good news for Bitconnect investors maybe they'll have chance to be refunded.

Alimalik

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:25:49 PM

Hi

Yes, there are a lot of coins made just to earn money and have nothing in background. Most of coins on exchanges, for example Yobit are like a ball to kick, pumping and dumping shitcoins with no future.

now I want to tell you about one of them - marinecoin. For more information you can click https://marineco.in. Briefly, it is time tested fast and developed blockchain with quickly growing community, artificial intelligence and many other features in itself. and right now they are providing absolutely free ICO and giving away 450 000 marine coins for everybode, who would like to join community!!! I'm absolutely serious - 450 000 coins for everyone who join!!! Check it here https://marineco.in/ico and hurry up!
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:26:51 PM

I am really glad to see this news,i think this is the first time some one is facing the law for conning investors in the virtual world and hopefully we will see this case a bench mark and hopefully we will see all the conman coming before the law in the future.They just messed a lot of people with their scam and i am sure a lot of people lost their hard earned money.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:31:41 PM

This news made my day. Ponzy schemes have to be punished as hard as possible. Unfortunately, usually the result of the law suits are not good for the investors.                 

MaleKing

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:33:58 PM

Awesome! Finally, people will actually see that scammers will pay for their deceivings.
I look forward to see people getting justice.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:58:18 PM

Wow! That's amazing!

Yes, nothing is more satisfying than to see scammers get rektd.
I sincerely hope they get sentenced to jail.

LOL)) You are right. I hope the founders/advisors will get what they should. I have no doubt that they've earn a huge amount of money with their ponzi scheme so now the justice time has come. Their case should be indicative for others so I guess it will be rough.
mikeprimia

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:58:24 PM

It's hard to track the real owner of Bitconnect and you can't suit them because they shut down a project which was prohibited by some states in America. They will tell that the goverment force them to shut down not doing it by themself and they'll escape with that excuse.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: