Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 06:47:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitConnect Lawsuit has Begun!  (Read 682 times)
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:16:00 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 09:06:13 PM by kahc

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/
Wouldn't surprise me if that clown Carlos Matos is next on the list Grin .

Here is the Class Action Lawsuit  -  Mirror link

These individuals/corporations are getting sued:
Code:
BITCONNECT INTERNATIONAL PLC, a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT LTD., a foreign corporation;
BITCONNECT TRADING LTD., a foreign corporation;
GLENN ARCARO, an individual;
TREVON BROWN a/k/a TREVON JAMES, an individual;
RYAN HILDRETH, an individual;
CRAIG GRANT, an individual;
JOHN DOE NO. 1 a/k/a CRYPTONICK, an individual;
and JOHN DOE NOS. 2-10, individuals;
Defendants.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coinocean03

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:17:09 PM

Wow! That's amazing!
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:43:15 PM

Wow! That's amazing!

Yes, nothing is more satisfying than to see scammers get rektd.
I sincerely hope they get sentenced to jail.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 01:53:19 PM

WASSSA WASSA WASSA WASSAA WASSSAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BIIIIITTTTTCCOOOONNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1111one

WoooOOO!!!!

WAHATACAHGONNNAADOOOOOooooo???!!?!?!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:58:16 PM

I hope they are going after more than just the Youtubers.... what about the people that actually stole the money?  

Just about everyone knew it was Ponzi scheme, and every Bitconnect thread, reddit post, twitter feed, had warnings so none of the "investors" can deny that they were not warned.  Can they prove the Youtubers had insider info that wasn't available to the rest of us?  I don't know if it will be that easy to prove they were scammers.  They have the right to free speech, and can deny that they knew it was Ponzi scheme, claim they lost money, too, claim they were victims ...

While I hope something comes of this, and some justice is served, I also hate how much attention this is getting and how it will be another event to bring down the regulation hammer.  If the Bitconnect suckers had used their heads in the first place, and listened to people instead of calling them "FUDers", then this wouldn't have been a problem.

emoji00

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 01:59:58 PM

I am glad that prosecution is going forward. Some people in jail would do much good to the crypto world. These people are far more dangerous that the guy that got jailed for silkroad.
JuniAiko

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:02:17 PM

Too bad the real masterminds, the founders, are not identified and caught. Only those second down in the pyramid (the Shillers) pushing the coin on their social media were gonna get charged.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:06:06 PM

Hey Hey Hey...
Wassap Wassap Wassap Wassaaaaaaaaaap BITCONNEEEEEEEEKT

Finally it's starting! But really, who are they gonna charge for Ponzi affiliation scheme?? I don't remember seeying any of the big bosses apart from the lovely Carlos, that is one of the frauded guys too
LancelotRay

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2018, 02:07:10 PM

HEYHEYHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY

I wonder if Carlos is gonna delete his youtube channel now, his videos are gold. Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stpoj1sve2o
mikfresh

Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

WASSSA WASSA WASSA WASSAA WASSSAAAPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BIIIIITTTTTCCOOOONNNEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!1111one

WoooOOO!!!!

WAHATACAHGONNNAADOOOOOooooo???!!?!?!

WOH! THAT'S A SCAAAAM!!!
rumexx

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:09:51 PM

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have never been brought to justice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/81n8r4/bitconnect_lawsuit_has_begun_trevon_jamescraig/

Personally I congratulate those who had the strength r to take bitconnect to court. If we all should emulate this gesture and stand up against any scamming project and ready to pursue the  case to logical conclusion then projects that will scam will drastically reduced.
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:22:19 PM

Finally, some of the promoters/advertisers of BitConnect(ponzi schem) like Craig Grant and Trevon James have been brought to justice.

I hope so but not only carlos matos. All of those are standing behind the carlos matos should be included on the list. There is so many leaders in the bitconnect itself. Glad to see bitconnect lawsuit will begun.
And then bitconnectx will become another cancer to the crypto in the future.

Hey Hey Hey...
Wassap Wassap Wassap Wassaaaaaaaaaap BITCONNEEEEEEEEKT

Finally it's starting! But really, who are they gonna charge for Ponzi affiliation scheme?? I don't remember seeying any ogni the big bosses apart from the lovely Carlos, that is one of the frauded guys too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhyAREaWfyU

What do you mean about gonna charge? Those are standing behind carlos matos?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:29:24 PM

This is great to hear, the scammers shouldn’t get away easily to avoid such incident from happening again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

preshpr1nce

Merit: 60

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:34:36 PM

This is great news but also a bit off to me.
The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.
BitChief

Merit: 2

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:39:26 PM

The people who need to be brought to justice are the people who developed this rip off scheme and ran off with the money, the people shilling it may have really believed in this coin and just been a bit ignorant, is it fair to charge these people for one of the biggest scams we've seen in crypto? they will do serious time for the amount of money lost if found guilty.

I really don't like the idea of bringing the wrong people to justice just to prove a point..

Am I wrong here? is there evidence that the 2 involved here were part of the project or were the ones who dumped it? If so then let them suffer for their actions, but if not.. this isn't fair.

I would seriously love to see those responsible do time, just would like to see the right people getting done, can some one give me a bit more info on this? I'll spend some time on google while waiting for a reply.

Yes we all knew this day would come, it was clear that this was a blatent ponzi scheme. It's hard to say if the head culprits of this really understood what they were doing or if it was blind leading the blind, but great to see actions being taken.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
kahc (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:56:38 PM

More people were charged, but I don't remember their names. Most of them Youtubers or promoters of some kind.
I can assure you that most of them, if not all of them knew what was going on behind the scenes.

They made millions through the referrals program.

Ohhhhh boy, they thought they could just walk away with millions of ponzi-style accumulated dollars and get away with it, never have they been so wrong.
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:01:31 PM

So Cryptocurrency is getting cleared with all the scam company and market is running towards genuine coins in market it is good lesson for newbies nt to enter in these kind of programs
aceptamosbitcoin

Activity: 981
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

Finally!

I never invest in this ponzi, but few friends of mine did, blinded from the fast profit and greed. I will forward it now and let's hope that the court will take everything from BitConnect and they will rotten in jail!
ethereumnews

Activity: 150

PM me for posting ANN.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:10:53 PM

That is awesome news. I hope he spends rest of his life in jail.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 03:10:58 PM

good news! too many people hurt cause of their ponzi scheme.
I hope they will rest in jail for a long time.

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀