Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:35:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather see steady growth in Bitcoin or strong upward spikes instead?  (Read 2380 times)
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:56:00 AM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Steady growth would encourage people to slowly invest on bitcoin. On the other hand, if a sudden spike happen, expect that it won't last because a lot of people would surely sell when they achieved their desired price for bitcoin and bitcoin would surely fall really hard after that, giving it a hard to to gain momentum again.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:13:45 AM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?
For me,I really don't like those spikes episodes of bitcoin. Because you are investing not only your money but your emotions as well. Volatility of it will only mean you being I the look out 24/7. This kind of trend is very risky but will reap a good amount of returns. I would rather see steady state of growth, less is more.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:26:13 AM

What spice up the bitcoin market is it volatility, I love the way the bitcoin market is very volatile and hard to predict and at that everyone is always expectant of what will happen next I see that as the fun in it as it always  push us to know more and at the end build us to become strong and have patient to wait that there is always a better and a higher price ahead.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:57:45 AM

I like the strong upward, volatility is not so bad. Bitcoin price swings is very good to reach larger range of profit. I just afraid about bitcoin fees that become very expensive when the price go to the moon. The volatility also attracts more traders to play in cryptocurrency Market.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:13:46 AM

yes steady growth, keep stable, make people confident to buy and invest in bitcoin. also good for their economic, as we know bitcoin and is second option to transaction around the world, no limit, no need more document and not waste your time.

I think the combination of both is something personally I would like to see and experience genuinely. If that ever happens
I'd be one of the happiest lad holding bitcoins. Steady growth means more time and opportunity to stabilize in a sense,
but strong upward strikes deliver more excitement. It's what happened late last year I believe, that was a very memorable
time, people got so hype and some sites were experiencing problems with the selling of bitcoins. I think a steady growth
is more ideal, it's a healthy relief being able to be so.
burnchan

Activity: 240
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:35:07 AM

steady growth is somehow safer than a sudden strong spikes, in steady growth, you can monitor all the movements of the market, you have ample time to predict the next move, while on spikes, though the chances of getting huge profit is fast, the loss is expected to be greater too. depending on the trend, one should take measures of sudden movement. but both has the potential of having profit.
I would rather want a steady growth over fluctuating price. A steady growth is much more safer for investors. It will also easier to encourage people to invest in that instance and it will draw more investors because it is the price is predictable. Most investors would want to have a minimal risk in every investment. I think Bitcoin will be easily adopted by the community if it will attain a stable price.
izamagda

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:24:33 PM

I think steady is a good way for Bitcoin to grow than strong upward spikes, it's not good for people who have heartattack through.
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:30:36 PM

In my opinion, I would rather choose the current situation of bitcoin which is slightly steady. I prefer to have this kind of growth because I can be sure that my investment won't turn into a waste although the fluctuations of price could also give a lot of opportunities than long tefm.

alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 12:43:59 PM

Traders love the sudden spikes because they trade volatility. The newspapers also love spikes because it gives them a chance to write "bitcoin is a bubble" stories.

From the point of view of bitcoin's long term future, steady growth would be better. It's easier to use something steady as a payment processor, and we'd get away from the bubble stories.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
Janodevera

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:02:49 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin. So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time? Most of the people are scared with bitcoins because of volatile prices. But we forget that this volatility can also be towards the positive side. In fact, if we analyze the past trends we will see mainly upward movement. Because of this volatility only, we had been able to see prices jump. However, if you will ask my opinion, I would like to see it growing steadily. This is required if we want it ti survive forever. Otherwise people will only see it as money making instrument without any real life value
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

I rather like to see steady bitcoin growth, I'm comfortable when I see bitcoin slowly go up or down, than spiking up then tomorrow it will huge dump at 50% of your investment.

DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:53:15 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin. So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Quoted from the OP, player514

Most of the people are scared with bitcoins because of volatile prices. But we forget that this volatility can also be towards the positive side. In fact, if we analyze the past trends we will see mainly upward movement. Because of this volatility only, we had been able to see prices jump. However, if you will ask my opinion, I would like to see it growing steadily. This is required if we want it ti survive forever. Otherwise people will only see it as money making instrument without any real life value

Quoted from a member who answered in the thread, bobrova

@Janodevera - What crap is this? Copying and Pasting the same content of those people. You've violated the rule mate.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:21:05 PM

When I was more into trading, the wild fluctuations were good because it created more buying and selling opportunities.

Now I’m mostly just holding so I prefer a steady rise in price with little volatility. In reality, it really doesn’t matter for holders as long as the net result is a good gain. Still it’s less nerve racking to see steady growth.

My same sentiments. I'm usually more worried about volatility when I have planned to take out some btc for something and then I see the prices going down. Otherwise, I'm just chill while others panic during plunges.

We might need the spikes though to attract people to get into btc and hopefully stay. I wonder how many of those that entered to take advantage of the ath last December decided to leave some btc rather than cash out all.

Most of those who were probably just new and bought last December have cashed out totally just to be able to recover their investment but for those who left some BTC are either probably regretting that they sold some or are now grateful because the price has gone up.

The sharp spikes may be attractive for others to get into btc however they may think that the price frequently goes up just as how it did last December and then would have some doubts once there is a steady drop. The spikes are good for the traders because they would be able to buy and sell within short periods of time.

Even people I know who have been into bitcoins far earlier than I did were disappointed when it went down. I mean, who doesn't dream it'll keep shooting to the moon?

Sucks for those that sold at a loss, those that got in late. Those are the people that are probably never coming back. Oh well, their loss, someone else's gain.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:24:42 PM

Steady growth obviously. The strong upward spikes make it look as if bitcoin is a big bubble which is going to burst soon. Its the stead gain which make it valid and usable as daily currency. We don't want it to become a double your money lottery scheme. Instead we want stability in long term and usability in general.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:44:56 PM

I would like to see sudden spikes in the bitcoin prices because we have been patient enough for its price to spike further. The reason it will be liked by many people is simple, everyone here is seating to take up the profits in one shot as they have inevstment heavily and since very long time. Obviously they have to have it as that's the main principle of whole thing here, earning money.

Steady growth would be ridiculous as new investors are impatient one and they are not in the position of investing money at such high prices. If they have done it then they want it back very fast. That's the reason it should be spiked.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
JTEN18

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 06:52:59 PM

I would like to see sudden spikes in the bitcoin prices because we have been patient enough for its price to spike further. The reason it will be liked by many people is simple, everyone here is seating to take up the profits in one shot as they have inevstment heavily and since very long time. Obviously they have to have it as that's the main principle of whole thing here, earning money.

Steady growth would be ridiculous as new investors are impatient one and they are not in the position of investing money at such high prices. If they have done it then they want it back very fast. That's the reason it should be spiked.
Bitcoin has been known widely when it comes to price as a volatile that is why a lot of people are doing this in extra vigilant and at risk, and I think that is the uniqueness in bitcoin and that what makes other people rich by taking risk of their money.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

In my opinion, I would rather choose the current situation of bitcoin which is slightly steady. I prefer to have this kind of growth because I can be sure that my investment won't turn into a waste although the fluctuations of price could also give a lot of opportunities than long tefm.

I also like the idea of a steady market, slowly pumping and can really go high over time but since the market is highly volatile we can't be safe if we depend on a steady market. Newbies might tend to love bitcoin to spike high easily but that thing will not happen if people are keep on selling every time bitcoin goes high.
Alanpigi80

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:55:48 PM

Like many others, I think that a slower growth is the most solid way to maintain the strength but it's true that the spikes like we saw in the last months are the perfect way to gain the maximum in a small time.
I still prefer the slower growth
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:33:31 AM

I want is steady growth in Bitcoin because of steady income. For me having a strong upward spikes also include strong downward spike, which is very bad in investor. Most specially if the investor is new joiner in the market.
Both the steady growth and having a strong upward strike have their own pros and cons and that you need to decide very much carefully which thing out of both to choose.

Having a strong upward strike can result in huge fame and can result in so many number of investors as well but this can result in huge loss also at time when this spike will come down. Having a steady growth is less risky but then not more number of investors will invest in it.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:52:06 AM

I would prefer a steady growth in Bitcoin's price rather than strong upward spikes. I feel like if there is a sudden spike in the price, a sudden downward movement will follow. It is possible that we can see more stable price in the market if we would prefer a steady growth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: