Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you rather see steady growth in Bitcoin or strong upward spikes instead?  (Read 2372 times)
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:34:24 PM

Investors like the slow and steady growth in bitcoin while traders like the strong upward spike growth.
I honestly like the strong upward spike growth, it paves the way for new traders willing to have another source of income and they only have to be patient and gain knowledge to not sell their coins too easily and through panic on wrong speculations. It is given that the value of bitcoin will soar in the future so I do not really mind the volatility. Not all have the time and patience making long-term investments.

Both are the same honestly, strong upward spikes just have the thrills and more profit if done correctly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:45:44 PM

I think I will go in for a steady growth of price over  a period time. With that, there will be less panic in the system, governments won't think of making things inconvenient for us and many people would join. But anyways the sharp dips and spikes are also good for day traders.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:10:41 PM

bitcoin if it had a stable growth could easily grow 20% to 30% which is a lot of growth in a single year.

In a market as volatile as the one from Bitcoin, the entry points are very important. Bitcoin can grow even with 500% in a single year, but if you enter the market at the wrong time, you won't benefit from that growth at all. Most people are short term minded, so the timing for them is the most important aspect of investing in Bitcoin or basically any other crypto currency. Only when you are in for the long term you can rule out a large part of that risk exposure, but not many people have that patience. On top of that, capital shifts from coin to coin based on where the action is taking place -- it is and will remain one crazy circus that can't be stopped until institutions start taking over.

I would expect we're about at the point where Bitcoin won't be growing 500% in a single year anymore. The valuation is already huge, and in order to accommodate such growth at this level would require so much additional money flowing into Bitcoin that it seems impossible. It's hard to imagine Bitcoin growing 500% over any period of time from an $8,000 price point, let alone in a year. People think the more time that goes by, the more people will pile into Bitcoin, but it could also be that the more time that goes on, the more people get accustomed to the idea that Bitcoin makes people rich by taking money from the people who buy later and giving it to the people who already have Bitcoin. That is, the only way to make money from it is to sell it to someone else for more than what you bought it from someone for. Because that is economically unsustainable, the smarter people are going to realize that it's far too risky to buy and risk running out of people to sell to in the future. The more time that goes by, the fewer people to sell to there will be.
What you are saying is a possibility but only if bitcoin never becomes a currency and it is used only as a way to speculate, but if bitcoin does really became a currency then people are going to need to buy it because they will need it in their everyday lives and since that will push the demand up that will increase the price of it in an organic way, but obviously seeing such a big growth is probably not going to happen again.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 05:17:18 PM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Which ever the direction the price wants to go, I did prefer it to be slow and steady. I do believe this is being worked on by the input  of the world Financial bodies and the effect is gradually playing out now. I do hope it can be maintained for along time though.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
andrey111

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:06:58 PM

As for me, it's better to let it gradually add to the price. In 2017, we observed a very large volatility and growth. I think that this is bad, we need stability.
Mrjitter

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

I invested in bitcoin for long-term prospects so that for me it will be more convenient to grow steadily
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:45:41 PM

Strong growth is more attractive to promoting of bitcoin and as world currency including. Strong volatility gives the chance of big profit at the correct rates.
bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:26:01 PM

Honestly I prefer stable growth. That will certainly make the popularity of bitcoin is increasing and also certainly get enthusiastic from the community of its users or investors. So the stable growth makes bitcoin even more interesting. That's just my opinion.

Irviyandi

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:39:05 PM

I still prefer stable bitcoin growth because with stable growth we are safer in trading so we do not hesitate in selling or buying this bitcoin and if we will get the loss we do not get much loss too.

Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:57:17 AM

For bitcoin and crypto currency in general it would be better if it grew slowly, without strong ups and downs of prices. Then it would be more widely used as a means of payment and less for accumulation, which means that it would not manifest itself as a financial bubble. At the same time, governments would lose their main argument, pointing out now a great risk when investing, because such a risk would have significantly diminished.
Almost the only ones who would lose on this are traders who trade on the exchanges, as the profitability of such activity would significantly decrease.

kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:33:34 AM

I would prefer to see a steady growth in btc unlike its volatility so it can be widely used as payment and it would be effortlessly gain. Btc being volatile is a risk and challenge for the users, however, I think the good thing about its strong upward spikes is that it can increase its value more than of what we expected. The btc value can exceed our price expectation.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 03:51:35 AM

I think I will go in for a steady growth of price over  a period time. With that, there will be less panic in the system, governments won't think of making things inconvenient for us and many people would join. But anyways the sharp dips and spikes are also good for day traders.
Yeah you're right, when upward trend happens and make a surprise in the market there will be a lot of people who will do panic selling because want to get profit, because it certainly resulted in the price back down because more supply, this often happens, so I prefer steady growth, no one panics because of this..
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:04:54 AM

I would prefer to see a steady growth of the Crypto currency than it is now. If bitcoin last December did not grow so rapidly in its price to almost $ 20,000, then there would not be such a low and long total fall of the crypto-currency market. Bitcoin in the last six months of slow growth would have already reached a much higher price than it has now.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:48:41 AM

strong upward spikes indicate that btc is a bubble to lure people into investing then a huge selling , but for a healthy chart you should see steady increase in price .

Market is Volatile, anything can happened in the market at any given time, the price value of Bitcoin can goes up and down, no one can predict on the movement on the trading market, Yet, Bitcoin remain on the top among ALT coin, this indicate that what ever price movement on the market is just a normal thing not only on Bitcoin, but instead it goes with other crypto in the market or in the Stock market. Bitcoin price stabilized after the market glitz or some say a Bubble. Market correct itself on the market treed.
East2011

Activity: 454

"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:12:06 AM

I would rather see a steady growth in bitcoin. But even we want a steady growth. We cannot control the movement in the market. The value of bitcoin is so volatile it keeps on moving.

Sonata.ai   ●●   The only cryptocurrency exchange you will ever need
──────────      │█│     JOIN WHITELIST     │█│      ──────────
WHITEPAPER   ●   FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   MEDIUM   ●   ANN THREAD
jademacoy

Activity: 224
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:21:11 AM

Yeah there is always a sunshine after the rain. Bitcoin has been operated for almost a decade so no wonder that there could be another surprise for it. Well we should never expect though but in my opinion there will be great things that happen and i am positive into it because if not then possibly that bitcoin market price nowadays will continue to drop until zero due to panick selling but instead people are holding those who sell might decided to end up there investment.
nyerok

Activity: 279
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:09:27 AM

bitcoin will go up and it will be very strong when bitcoin has bad news so it can make bitcoin prices to rise very quickly and can benefit very much and bitcoin becomes widely used and becomes very rare.
gigusico

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:09:03 AM

bitcoin and is popular that its prices are rising at a lightning rate that are falling, but I would prefer a steady growth
icopir

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 10:25:42 AM

I would like to see the price jumps for me it will be more convenient and I would follow the prices constantly so as not to miss anything
cavaBcoin

Activity: 181
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:26:03 AM

I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Of course, it seems much more positive for the global environment of bitcoin a steady growth, because the high volatility that has characterized it so far has been one of the main arguments against its massive adoption. No person with enough common sense would be willing to sell something of great value as a car or a house for bitcoins, knowing that in the following days his fortune could disappear by 50% or more.
Almost all of bitcoin users prefer steady growth to strong spikes upwards or another. Because we all know that when the market is stable, people may get a stable income as well, that’s what most people hope for. However, When the market has steady growth, lots of disadvantages can rise. Buying coins will much more difficult than before.  Although the extremely volatility of bitcoin often make people be in fear of selling because the fluctuations’ down. But with volatility, bitcoin provides people a good chance to buy it easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: