Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:05:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *SCRYPT FPGA* - CryptoIndustries.com - official Bitcointalk thread  (Read 18543 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
The Koolio (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:47:00 AM

Today marks the first time me and my partner (Motaboy) go live with our product details for our SCRYPT FPGA which we have been working on for the past 6-8 months. Please visit our site http://www.CryptoIndustries.com for complete overview.

Our machines come in 1, 5 and 10  MH/s variants. They are all made up of our barebone board named "Ra". Our machines are internally made up of multiple boards as well as a RaspberryPi controller. They have built in psu's which will be high efficiency and also 4 line lcd displays which will show various stats such as speed, share count, temperatures and also status. We expect PEAK temperatures to be no more than 45-50c and power usage will be a fraction of GPU equivalents.

Our Ra boards are built around Xilinx Artix 7 fpga chips (28nm) and run with external memory. As stated they will be controlled by mining software which will run and managed on a RaspberryPi. The software itself will be a modified version of CGMiner (opensource). We will also be selling a barebone board, but we will present details of this once our final board arrives back from the PCB prototyping facility.

We will from delivery enable mining of Litecoin (LTC) & Feathercoin (FTC) with future SCRYPT based coins being added in following updates. There will be various ways of updating user settings including preformatted files through USB and IP access. The machines can mine SHA256 coins, however we assume 99.9% of our customer base would not want to.

As time goes on we will be updating this thread with news, but right now our product has a finished design and we are awaiting our final prototypes. We are not opening for orders yet as we are negotiating prices with suppliers of our chips. The product photos you see are indeed renders, but show exact versions of the cases we are getting made at our UK based enclosure manufacturer. We will be of course showing videos and doing a meetup (London) allowing potential customers to have a hands on and see the product hashing. At this present time we feel an IPO does not serve any purpose to us as we are self funded however we will be offering hosted mining via contracts and are currently sourcing a cost effective location and electricity provider to offer this to our customers.

We are a UK registered company (Companies House)

Company Name:
CRYPTO INDUSTRIES LTD

Company Number:

Registered Address:
145-157 St John Street
London
EC1V 4PW

For those unaware I am Koolio on BTC-E.com where Im a moderator. I own and run the escrow site http://www.koolioescrow.com also. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to get in touch on contact@cryptoindustries.com

*WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO VISIT OUR SITE AND HAVE A LOOK AT OUR MACHINES. SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER IN THE FOOTER TO GET PRIORITY NEWS UPDATES*

Smiley

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lottery Tickets

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:47:39 AM

Interesting
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:52:31 AM

I get one for free, right, uncle? Cheesy

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:52:59 AM

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:53:15 AM

hmm

The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:53:37 AM

Birthday present possibly XD

hendo420

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:53:52 AM

Great Googly Moogly!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Estimated pricing?

ebmarket.co
Simran

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:53:58 AM

Birthday present possibly XD

Cheesy :DDDDDDD

*Image Removed*
The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

Great Googly Moogly!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Estimated pricing?

That will come soon, we have a few things to clear up first with suppliers and our manufacturing process

aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:57:38 AM

Great to hear you're working on an FPGA Koolio. I'll definitely be contemplating on pre-ordering/buying one if my budget allows Smiley

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
Simran

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 12:59:54 AM

Yay for free FPGA for me!!! <3333333

*Image Removed*
Caesar V

Activity: 369

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:01:22 AM

So koolio, you're not going to be selling them for now - just renting?

Does that mean we cannot switch to another coin at will? for example - a new coin that I like is released on here, I cannot mine it without contacting your people and setting it up first?

Also, congratulations!
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:05:01 AM

Why not port immediately to ASIC?  I'm sure you could raise the venture capital.  You could also just patent your design and sell it to one of the other large ASIC companies.

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
theBee2112

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:06:10 AM

How long would you estimate it would take for manufacturing? If prices are reasonable, I'd order some... As long as they don't take too long to arrive.
aysyr

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:06:19 AM

Does that mean we cannot switch to another coin at will? for example - a new coin that I like is released on here, I cannot mine it without contacting your people and setting it up first?

Also, congratulations!

I think he means the software that comes along with it will only be supporting Feathercoin and Litecoin initially.

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:10:44 AM

Also, congratulations!

We will be selling once we have our prices and supplies fully arranged. Hosted mining will most likely come after initial customer sales. We wouldn't be 'renting' as such but just offering a set amount of KH/s or MH/s for a set period of time. In terms of adding coins we are offering FTC and LTC from the get go, however updates will come regularly with new coins. We will most likely be asking for customers to submit new coins for proposal when they surface (there are too many sites where coins are launched for us to keep an eye on).

We will be offering boards as a barebone option which will in fact allow user made mining software and as a result you could implement your own coins without waiting for our updates.

The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:13:27 AM

Why not port immediately to ASIC?  I'm sure you could raise the venture capital.  You could also just patent your design and sell it to one of the other large ASIC companies.

Problem with ASIC design is it costs so much. Minimum investment for design only is 7 figures. Dont get me wrong, we would love to have subsequent hardware in the form of an ASIC but FPGA is the obvious stepping stone. Also the price of SCRYPT coins right now would mean it would be a very high risk on ROI for us to make an ASIC. If this initial product range goes well we will indeed look for investment to go ASIC.

The Koolio (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 01:15:11 AM

How long would you estimate it would take for manufacturing? If prices are reasonable, I'd order some... As long as they don't take too long to arrive.

We estimate that it will take around 8-10 weeks to deliver from close of our batch. The bulk of that wait is actually from waiting for FPGA chips to be delivered to us, and then on to the PCB manufacturer (or direct).

Magazine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:17:19 AM

Awesome a UK seller too, I am fed up of dealing with overseas people.
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:18:30 AM

epic, looking forward to the pricing!

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: