Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the year of stablecoins?  (Read 940 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:25:48 PM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

What's your opinion on stablecoins?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

I think we will likely see more Stablecoin project but there is a reason why Tether was so successful because they have Fiat resources to back up their claims, what I see that most of this stable coins are doing is to create a coin from thin air that is not backed by any asset, most of them will surely fail IMO

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

There is an advantage and disadvantage of the stability of coins. The advantage of price stability is that the trade or investor will not fear of his capital or money that he put in cryptocurrency wallet. The devaluation of coin also may prevent when the price is stable. But somehow, the disadvantage of price stability is good in a matter that we will not fear for the tomorrow's value of the coin thay we hold. It is an advantage for a trader who really knows about trading and knows how to play the game of trading.
Price stability is really needs by economy to prevent inflation or economic crisis but it helps to boost the economic growth.
isolo1

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

I think we will likely see more Stablecoin project but there is a reason why Tether was so successful because they have Fiat resources to back up their claims, what I see that most of this stable coins are doing is to create a coin from thin air that is not backed by any asset, most of them will surely fail IMO

Tether it is a good idea, but it looks like that this idea has been spoiled by untransparent and unreliable implementation, which doesn't allow to be 100% sure, that the amount of fiat is equal to the amount of Tether and that the exchange of Tether to fiat is 100% guaranteed.

I wonder if there is a better and more reliable stablecoin than Tether and what is the best and the most trustworthy stable coin at the moment.
noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

There is already stable coins in the world, like fiat and bonds, the principles of crypto are others, if markets make hard to connect these assets for sure some cryptos will develop to add liquidity and make a bridge like tether.

isolo1

Activity: 22

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

TrueUSD looks reliable. At least, according to the information at it's website it's audited

https://truecoin.com/ 
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:11:31 AM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

I think is true! This year is the year of altcoin and token!
Altcoin will grown up!
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:32:54 AM

What fun is it to invest in stable coins?  Cryptocurrencies is about creating fortunes like many already have.  Cryptos are a high risk investment with the possibility of high rewards.  Just don't throw your money at projects without researching, be patient and you'll eventually see profits. 
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:07 AM

The new Altcoin's will continue to emerge in 2018. It is estimated that the number of new altcoins that will emerge this year is more. At that time there were more emerging issues about cryptocurrency that would show price stability.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:32 AM

yes, Stablecoin is something to be noticed by those who choose crypto as a source of income.

when to choose and invest in the world of crypto, We must know stablecoin well. in the year 2018 I think many altcoin  unstable because correction.

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:44:06 AM

I believe that in this year the coins will be stable. But until now if we look the chart about all the coins, i got worried because all coins now are still in red. I hope that in the coming mid year the coins will be stable because more projects are come so i'll have to wait and need more time to think if the coins is hot stable or be dead
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:55:59 AM

I think stable coin are just for saving our asset from the dip, there are no reason to investing on that. honestly its better to use or trade it into our local currency for saving our asset. I just didnt find any advantages of using stable coin ATM, but I dont reject that. maybe in the next month or years we will see many other stable coin are birth, or maybe it will be backed by another currency like GBP or EURO.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:57:30 AM

I believe that in this year the coins will be stable. But until now if we look the chart about all the coins, i got worried because all coins now are still in red. I hope that in the coming mid year the coins will be stable because more projects are come so i'll have to wait and need more time to think if the coins is hot stable or be dead

There is no stable coin here in crypto their prices always based on the very first one Bitcoin. Even bitcoin don't do stable so all its alts are affected. Whale traders have the controls of market since the past few years maybe soon things would change when bitcoin is known all over the world all countries will use bitcoin I think it is the time all alts would had a stable market movement.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:06:44 AM

Coin which volatile but tend to rise will still become the best choice. Any way stable coin doesn't profitable. Bitcoin price now is around $10,000 - 11,000 this is good enough. People can earn 10% profit in a day.

rbt

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

There is no stable coin here in crypto their prices always based on the very first one Bitcoin. Even bitcoin don't do stable so all its alts are affected. Whale traders have the controls of market since the past few years maybe soon things would change when bitcoin is known all over the world all countries will use bitcoin I think it is the time all alts would had a stable market movement.
Of course there are stable coins in crypto, not all the coins are "pegged" to Bitcoin - Tether (USDT) is pegged to US dollar. And this week was launched True USD (TUSD), another coin which is pegged to dollar. Both of them are stable because their entire circulation supply is backed by the same amount of dollars.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

Of course there are stable coins in crypto, not all the coins are "pegged" to Bitcoin - Tether (USDT) is pegged to US dollar. And this week was launched True USD (TUSD), another coin which is pegged to dollar. Both of them are stable because their entire circulation supply is backed by the same amount of dollars.

Tether now have EuroTether created on Ethereum platform. They are stable
cause couple exchanges control supply, they are not decentralized, and if you
spent some time reading about them you will see things are not so clear, at least
I have that feeling.
   I do not expect price stability in near future. This is a growing technology,
still in beta faze, there will be a lot of up`s and down`s in the future for all
coins, but who hold in hard times will be rewarded in the end.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ukw

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:00:17 PM

I personally do not think the market has stabilized. Yes, there are not such big drops and jumps, but market levels are changing every minute and there are 10-15% per day differences. This, I think, is not such a stable market.  Smiley

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rbt

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:36:04 PM

Tether now have EuroTether created on Ethereum platform. They are stable
cause couple exchanges control supply, they are not decentralized, and if you
spent some time reading about them you will see things are not so clear, at least
I have that feeling.
   I do not expect price stability in near future. This is a growing technology,
still in beta faze, there will be a lot of up`s and down`s in the future for all
coins, but who hold in hard times will be rewarded in the end.
By its nature, the crypto market price won`t be stable anytime soon, that is the main reason for there this so called stable coins - so far, Tether did his job. I agree with you, these coins are not truly decentralized since the dollars which are pegged to are kept by some companies and I`m reluctant to use them. As far as I know, Tether doesn`t released any audit and there was many rumors about them not actually having the total amount of dollars to back up the USDT minted...
Cryptonimous

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

🔵 Brickblock.io - Tokenization platform

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:39:00 PM

i dont think so but let we see, in my opinion it will stable in 2021 that can make bitcoin will be the next payment system in around the world, no condition again, bitcoin will legal in every country, just see it Smiley

Arindava

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:47:31 PM

this year has been running for 3 months and now altcoin is still stable whether this will last all year, we can not predict what will happen that we will see at the end of the year. Angry
JaredStein

Activity: 379

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:50:32 PM

As the market cap increases the coins become more and more stable as moving coins with large market caps isn't that easy and requires huge amount of money. Just one more pump and Bitcoin would reach a market cap which would reduce the volatility of bitcoin tremendously.
anylic

Activity: 278
Merit: 115

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:08:22 PM

At present, the market doesn't have any legal right to protect the interests of investors, so the psychology of the crowd is often afraid of the fluctuations. In 2018, there will be some countries or even the SEC that will be able to create specific legislation for the market. If this happens, it will hold on to stability

catsmile

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:13:53 PM

I also think 2018 is the year of the Stablecoins, look at the success of the Tether. My country also has a stablecoin project, they are calling for investment, I am considering trying to use half of my money to invest in it Smiley
star19

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:14:57 PM

When a new coin came in this online market and most of the people think this coin can't make a good place in this online market as like bitcoin. When bitcoin came in this online market on that there are too many people don't believe with bitcoin because they don't believe digital coin. Now a days too many coin came in this online market and some people don't understand crypto market and they don't believe crypto currency but i hope all coin will be stable in this year and most of the people support in a short time.
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

Experts says it is the year of the altcoins and i dont understand what they mean,should we get more altcoins? because there will be a lot of sideways this year? i mean the market has been more stable compare those past few years that is why these altcoins are growing too fast,but we should hope that these solid altcoins will survive when the market has crashed hard.

nawaki

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:25:25 PM

Whether promising stablecoins in digital currency, because digital currency have fluctuatif properties, that's what make these currency unique and interesting, is stable there will be no significant binding that will be get a result that is more than today.
jayc89

Activity: 756

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:26:16 PM

I also think 2018 is the year of the Stablecoins, look at the success of the Tether. My country also has a stablecoin project, they are calling for investment, I am considering trying to use half of my money to invest in it Smiley
The name of that coin is funny, as a matter of fact it seems that it would be too much of a name for people to seriously understand it. 2018 is the year for altcoins!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
firstblood!

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:30:27 PM

the very idea of a stable coin seems to be very relevant, now most investors and cryptocurrency users are confused by the strong volatility, overshadowing the positive aspects such as speed, globality and convenience of transfers
1kings

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:33:23 PM

Looks like it already. Slow and creepy sideways movements but overall it's going to grow.

To see 2017 phenomenon, it'd take another 5-9years. Yes, that was what it took BTC to enter the mainstream.
jagdeepjd

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:41:48 PM

2017 was the year of ICOS so many of them popped up with promises to deliver in future and i think 2018 will be the time when they actually deliver their product or initial releases of their products. So 2018 will be  year of existing coins coming with their products.

Stablecoins already gave huge returns in 2017 like ETH NEO XRP.  So not expecting much parabolic growth from them.
agricointech

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:56:29 PM

I don't think crypto will stable before 2020,financial supervisory authority in much countries seems dislike crypto
oturanbilboa

Activity: 454
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 07:08:32 PM

I think it's likely that this year will be the year of altcoins. The time for this to happen is at the end of the summer season. Because if the bitcoin rises, it rises in the altcoins. I think the bitcoin will rise rapidly after 3-4 months.

Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:02:28 PM

I think it's likely that this year will be the year of altcoins. The time for this to happen is at the end of the summer season. Because if the bitcoin rises, it rises in the altcoins. I think the bitcoin will rise rapidly after 3-4 months.
There is no doubt about that, it reallly suprises me that people are so negitive about this, the year has just started and they are already saying that it is a bad year for the cryptocurrency just because we had a slight bump in the roda everything is going to be bad for the rest of the year, they keep forgetting that bitcoin was able to go up from 6k to 16k in a month, in a month everything could change, and if bitcoin risies the whole market rises along side with it so always stay positive and keep holding.
herromerro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:03:58 PM

Stablecoins are needed IMO. And I think we also should talk which coins can be collateral.
DRVX

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:20:00 AM

I do not think that in 2018 the market for cryptocurrencies will stabilize. I think we will see the falls and rises in prices of coins. So do not relax. We still have to fight with the uncertainty of the market.
BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:27:47 AM

If you might have noticed than not a single coin survived the bitcoin price drop and got down with it. So am not sure if there are any coins which have been stables in the past few months.

skelethon

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 09:29:47 AM

The name of that coin is funny, as a matter of fact it seems that it would be too much of a name for people to seriously understand it. 2018 is the year for altcoins!

Yeah the name's a bit misleading. Grin

I do agree that altcoins will have a great year though.
GCP17

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:11:46 PM

I think it will be. The volatility of all cryptos is killing the gains. Parking gains in a Stablecoin makes sense. I like Globcoin - it makes sense.
Pennyblocks

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:38:48 PM

I think it will be. The volatility of all cryptos is killing the gains. Parking gains in a Stablecoin makes sense. I like Globcoin - it makes sense.

Have not heard of Globcoin before but there is many that want to stable with gold.
Here are some:

Puregold
DigixDAO
Pecunio
SixOfFive

Activity: 630
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:36 PM

Year 2018 will be very important for crypto health. crypto-market is stable because of the fear among the investors so they had booked their profits. But i think soon them market will break the resistance with full boom so fasten your seat belts to have roller coaster ride in crypto world.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:44 PM

i really not think that is gonna be easy for the market to be stable forever, rightnow, the market is still bearing serious drops from the world news, it so sensitive that even a small bad news can make entire market drop badly, morover, no one is controlling the stablization of cryptos world, so it depends on big whale who can control the price whenever they want.
dimastegar

Activity: 798

Small Trader

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Not all coins are stable in 2018. In fact, all coin prices follow the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices. And I noticed there are 2 fairly stable coins that is LTC and Monero.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Maddinson100

Activity: 363

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

What fun is it to invest in stable coins?  Cryptocurrencies is about creating fortunes like many already have.  Cryptos are a high risk investment with the possibility of high rewards.  Just don't throw your money at projects without researching, be patient and you'll eventually see profits. 
I agree with you. Crypto currencies are meant to be an asset and be volatile in nature so that investors can gain from it. But one can prevent loss and increase his holding by converting his holdings into stable coin when the market is falling and again converting the stable coin to old holding as the market begins to rise. In this manner lose can be prevented and also one’s holding can be increased. Alongside crypto currencies, it is also necessary to have stable coins to ensure and secure our profits during dips.
kingcrypto-the2nd

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:57:52 AM

well 2017 is the crypto boom year while 2018 i think will be the crypto acceptance year,come back to this message at the end of 2018 and tell us have many governments are gonna accept crypto ,maybe a dozen.
Longfellow27

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Just a personal view and opinion, I think it's not this year yet. Stability is uncontrollable. This is due to the fact that this coins are not just used for simple online transactions. It is used by people to gain money. And in any time they just sell the coins depending upon there need or when they could profit. When these coin ratio of supply and demand changes its value as well changes. These makes it unpredictable. So stability may still be a question hanging in the process.
rupesh2

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:12:20 PM

crypto markets cant not be stable for long period , bcoz its all about fud and fomo ,,
so either it will pump or dump .
bcoz if get stable then people will have no scope to earn profit .
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

There is an advantage and disadvantage of the stability of coins. The advantage of price stability is that the trade or investor will not fear of his capital or money that he put in cryptocurrency wallet. The devaluation of coin also may prevent when the price is stable. But somehow, the disadvantage of price stability is good in a matter that we will not fear for the tomorrow's value of the coin thay we hold. It is an advantage for a trader who really knows about trading and knows how to play the game of trading.
Price stability is really needs by economy to prevent inflation or economic crisis but it helps to boost the economic growth.
Indeed. There are disadvantages and advantages for everything in the world. Its like two sides of the coins. The advantages of stable coins is that they are less volatile in the market and are the least risky coins to keep money invested it moreover, they are usually centralized, so they might find a way to mainstream of a country and someday become a currency.

Whereas on the other hand stable coins have disadvantages such as the profit is also negligible if we invest in them, also they are based on centralized network which means the security and privacy of the transactions is compromised.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:06:30 AM

I don’t think the year 2018 will wholly be of coins being stable. Moreover I don’t think that coins are even stable currently. The volatility in the market currency is higher than ever before. Crypto currencies have gone under huge correction after a huge pump in December 2017 and January 2017. The crypto market is in its worst dip currently and it’s the best time to invest because I don’t think crypto’s will fall down more or remain stable for long. In the month of June, crypto market will rise and see a bullish trend for sure.
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:22:28 AM

I personally think 2018 is the crucial time for all new coin and altr coin . only good and potential coin will be good . so may coin are on the way to in the  market . if the market is green then its ok but if market red then its too risky for new coin
pshawji147

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:26:41 AM

Not at all. see we don't have to forget that mother of crypto-world is Bitcoin only , we will see lots of ups and downs as well as volatile market but still Bitcoin is the most stable coin according to the chart ..
check teh chart and you will understand. - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#charts
Segio kent

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

I believe 2018 will be a stable year, but not now
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:30:18 AM

About the price stability can only be said in part, in this year it was clearly shown how volatility simply killed many investors. And while there is volatility to people it is interesting, with stability it is better to invest in gold or assets.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:03:57 AM

There is already stable coins in the world, like fiat and bonds, the principles of crypto are others, if markets make hard to connect these assets for sure some cryptos will develop to add liquidity and make a bridge like tether.
True. There are already fiat currencies in the world and there is really no need for fiat coins to be honest. Fiat coins were useful only when anonymous exchanges didn’t have fiat currency trading pair, but now as most of the exchanges are getting regulated, the have option of trading with fiat currencies.

Also stable coins are centralized and redefine the meaning of crypto currencies as cryptos are based on decentralization and anonymity. Cryptos must be treated as assets, but digital coins like tether can be said to be a currency as they don’t fluctuate much in prices.
Klovezio

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:04:30 AM

Hi, to my mind, stablecoins are just currency pegs, and currency pegs are certainly not impossible — there are many currency pegs still being maintained.
Smeilz2017

Activity: 165

HI : HEALTH

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:09:53 AM

I`m confident, that an ideal stablecoin should be able to withstand a great deal of market volatility, should not be extremely costly to maintain, should have easy to analyze stability parameters, and should be transparent to traders and arbitrageurs. These features maximize its real-world stability.

HI : HEALTH           ┃┃           PRIVATE SALE
  ████████    The Global Ecosystem Analyst    ████████
pshawji147

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:36:44 AM

just hold bitcoin , as per my knowledge we have to be patient , i spoke with different people everyday abot this  and their only recommendation is to hold it .
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:45:39 AM

I think that the market has now become very unstable and it is difficult to make forecasts about certain coins, especially for the long term
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:55:42 PM

I would argue with this statement because I believe the contrary, 2018 started quite ambiguously and now there is something on the market that I do not understand at all. I hope someone can clear it out for me.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
sureblinks

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:05:48 PM

we really need to watch it this year.. crypto is another side of income for some persons  so they watch and read the market very well.. i also think this year we will have stable coin..
BrBoy

Activity: 453

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:26:07 AM

2018 is more likely a year of unstable coins, because there have already been many cases when quite promising coins could not withstand strong dumps in price and simply collapsed.
aceat64

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:28:11 AM

It is only worth looking at the coin rates and you will immediately realize that not everything is as cloudless as you imagined it. A lot of coins on the edge of collapse and it's not just dumps ..
KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:52:24 AM

There is no need for an influx of stable coins, if the price doesn't move then there isn't much point investing in them. Part of the fun is seeing your investment go up and down, although less fun when it goes down Grin If they are tied to different markets then it could be good e.g. gold, usd, oil, etc..

HongKong

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:58:16 AM

There is no need for an influx of stable coins, if the price doesn't move then there isn't much point investing in them. Part of the fun is seeing your investment go up and down, although less fun when it goes down Grin If they are tied to different markets then it could be good e.g. gold, usd, oil, etc..
It would have to depends on the coin and how much volume they get per day. I wouldn't invest in a product with low volume because I wouldn't be able to make money on it.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
impulse709

Activity: 597
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:06:11 AM

2018 is the year of technology coins, no coins will stable if they do not have good devolopment that useful for life. I think lots of coins will die in this year and to survive dev member have to really active!
ethergod

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

I have yet to see any viable stablecoins emerge but it would be a welcome sight in this market. In contrast to the market volatility, it would be nice to have an alternative to fiat currency.
Andri73

Activity: 67

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:10:50 PM

I don't think crypto will stable before 2020,financial supervisory authority in much countries seems dislike crypto

I agree with you, because many state governments have not agreed on the existence of a crypto currency

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
CoinCodex

Activity: 314
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 07:59:12 AM

Many would think so, based on the bear market and everyone just waiting for the market to wake up while holding their value in USDT or other stablecoins.
This year there were established many new stable coins, another one will be released shortly by Circle.

https://coincodex.com/article/2402/circle-and-centre-consortium-release-usdc-stablecoin/
vfrcbv91

Activity: 337

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:03:33 AM

I think that in 2018 all coins were stable. They steadily fell to the bottom and continue to fall now...
Cenil

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:16:38 AM

As far as I know, stable coins are coins that are fluctuating very rarely, but that does not mean that they have never experienced price fluctuations, or even though they have decreased, they will not be drastic and most prices will stabilize in a few days or hours, as well as USDT or tether coins. , the price is only around $ 1. but maybe for this year stable coins are only tether because the market is unstable and has experienced a very drastic price decline.
veekky

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

Yeah, 2018 is the year of stablecoins , gusd and nusd has appeared and it seems that more stable coins will appear soon.
artem30011994

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:27:08 AM

This year, the coins fall steadily to the bottom. And in this regard, you can call 2018 a year of stability Cheesy. stable coins only one unit that are tied to something like Teter. in other cases everything is very volatile

[ R E S T O t o k e n ]     |     The Global Foodservice Loyalty Space     | Join Referral Program  TOKEN SALE     ❱ Oct 10th - Dec 14th
─    Facebook    ─     Medium     ─    Telegram        ─
LikaForw

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 08:27:29 AM

I would not say that. I generally think that there is no such year. Wherever the stability of coins and order in everything reigns. Crypto currency is unique. What is always not predictable. With sharp falls and takeoffs, we win on this.
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 06:27:52 AM

Definitely 2018 would be the year for stablecoins & this link explains why:
https://www.insidecryptocoins.com/stablecoin-a-key-player-in-crypto-mass-adoption/
Memeicomel

Activity: 448

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 05:59:29 AM

I agree with you, because many state governments have not agreed on the existence of a crypto currency
the growing ability of making the coin so it would be very stable to be able to count on it.
This year the IOTA Became stable coins generate even more profits by giving more support to IOTA.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Hosam Mazawi

Activity: 129

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Found this guide very useful

Your most comprehensive guide to stablecoins
HichemFetoui

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:11:23 PM

in my opinion stable coin must be backed by real-life asset like dollar, gold oil real estate and not have to be an algorithmic game anyone must redeem his token to real value
djgtr

Activity: 951

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 02:14:12 PM

As of this time we cannot say it could be stable the coin in thearket because it really needs an aloted time to get into it. Well ot means their are crypto just for now and not for long but their are coins for long too. In this world it needs to stable the crypto because it helps a lot to everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: