Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:00:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the year of stablecoins?  (Read 940 times)
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 10:47:44 PM

i really not think that is gonna be easy for the market to be stable forever, rightnow, the market is still bearing serious drops from the world news, it so sensitive that even a small bad news can make entire market drop badly, morover, no one is controlling the stablization of cryptos world, so it depends on big whale who can control the price whenever they want.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 11:02:58 PM

Not all coins are stable in 2018. In fact, all coin prices follow the rise and fall of Bitcoin prices. And I noticed there are 2 fairly stable coins that is LTC and Monero.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
Maddinson100

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:23:26 AM

What fun is it to invest in stable coins?  Cryptocurrencies is about creating fortunes like many already have.  Cryptos are a high risk investment with the possibility of high rewards.  Just don't throw your money at projects without researching, be patient and you'll eventually see profits. 
I agree with you. Crypto currencies are meant to be an asset and be volatile in nature so that investors can gain from it. But one can prevent loss and increase his holding by converting his holdings into stable coin when the market is falling and again converting the stable coin to old holding as the market begins to rise. In this manner lose can be prevented and also one’s holding can be increased. Alongside crypto currencies, it is also necessary to have stable coins to ensure and secure our profits during dips.
kingcrypto-the2nd

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 11:57:52 AM

well 2017 is the crypto boom year while 2018 i think will be the crypto acceptance year,come back to this message at the end of 2018 and tell us have many governments are gonna accept crypto ,maybe a dozen.
Longfellow27

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Just a personal view and opinion, I think it's not this year yet. Stability is uncontrollable. This is due to the fact that this coins are not just used for simple online transactions. It is used by people to gain money. And in any time they just sell the coins depending upon there need or when they could profit. When these coin ratio of supply and demand changes its value as well changes. These makes it unpredictable. So stability may still be a question hanging in the process.
rupesh2

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:12:20 PM

crypto markets cant not be stable for long period , bcoz its all about fud and fomo ,,
so either it will pump or dump .
bcoz if get stable then people will have no scope to earn profit .
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:41:45 PM

There is an advantage and disadvantage of the stability of coins. The advantage of price stability is that the trade or investor will not fear of his capital or money that he put in cryptocurrency wallet. The devaluation of coin also may prevent when the price is stable. But somehow, the disadvantage of price stability is good in a matter that we will not fear for the tomorrow's value of the coin thay we hold. It is an advantage for a trader who really knows about trading and knows how to play the game of trading.
Price stability is really needs by economy to prevent inflation or economic crisis but it helps to boost the economic growth.
Indeed. There are disadvantages and advantages for everything in the world. Its like two sides of the coins. The advantages of stable coins is that they are less volatile in the market and are the least risky coins to keep money invested it moreover, they are usually centralized, so they might find a way to mainstream of a country and someday become a currency.

Whereas on the other hand stable coins have disadvantages such as the profit is also negligible if we invest in them, also they are based on centralized network which means the security and privacy of the transactions is compromised.
KEPLER99

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:06:30 AM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

What's your opinion on stablecoins?
I don’t think the year 2018 will wholly be of coins being stable. Moreover I don’t think that coins are even stable currently. The volatility in the market currency is higher than ever before. Crypto currencies have gone under huge correction after a huge pump in December 2017 and January 2017. The crypto market is in its worst dip currently and it’s the best time to invest because I don’t think crypto’s will fall down more or remain stable for long. In the month of June, crypto market will rise and see a bullish trend for sure.
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:22:28 AM

I personally think 2018 is the crucial time for all new coin and altr coin . only good and potential coin will be good . so may coin are on the way to in the  market . if the market is green then its ok but if market red then its too risky for new coin
pshawji147

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:26:41 AM

Not at all. see we don't have to forget that mother of crypto-world is Bitcoin only , we will see lots of ups and downs as well as volatile market but still Bitcoin is the most stable coin according to the chart ..
check teh chart and you will understand. - https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#charts
Segio kent

Activity: 76

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:29:00 AM

I believe 2018 will be a stable year, but not now
LeoEspansq

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:30:18 AM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

About the price stability can only be said in part, in this year it was clearly shown how volatility simply killed many investors. And while there is volatility to people it is interesting, with stability it is better to invest in gold or assets.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:03:57 AM

There is already stable coins in the world, like fiat and bonds, the principles of crypto are others, if markets make hard to connect these assets for sure some cryptos will develop to add liquidity and make a bridge like tether.
True. There are already fiat currencies in the world and there is really no need for fiat coins to be honest. Fiat coins were useful only when anonymous exchanges didn’t have fiat currency trading pair, but now as most of the exchanges are getting regulated, the have option of trading with fiat currencies.

Also stable coins are centralized and redefine the meaning of crypto currencies as cryptos are based on decentralization and anonymity. Cryptos must be treated as assets, but digital coins like tether can be said to be a currency as they don’t fluctuate much in prices.

Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:04:30 AM

Hi, to my mind, stablecoins are just currency pegs, and currency pegs are certainly not impossible — there are many currency pegs still being maintained.
Smeilz2017

Activity: 165
Merit: 1

HI : HEALTH

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:09:53 AM

I`m confident, that an ideal stablecoin should be able to withstand a great deal of market volatility, should not be extremely costly to maintain, should have easy to analyze stability parameters, and should be transparent to traders and arbitrageurs. These features maximize its real-world stability.

HI : HEALTH           ┃┃           PRIVATE SALE
  ████████    The Global Ecosystem Analyst    ████████
pshawji147

Activity: 55

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:36:44 AM

just hold bitcoin , as per my knowledge we have to be patient , i spoke with different people everyday abot this  and their only recommendation is to hold it .
CryptikEnigma

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:45:39 AM

I think that the market has now become very unstable and it is difficult to make forecasts about certain coins, especially for the long term
kruzer200

Activity: 420
Merit: 12

= DINNGO = https://dinngo.co

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 10:55:42 PM

I would argue with this statement because I believe the contrary, 2018 started quite ambiguously and now there is something on the market that I do not understand at all. I hope someone can clear it out for me.

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■⚫●●     DINNGO     ●●⚫■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
████████  ⚫●●     THE MOBILE DIGITAL CURRENCY EXCHANGE     ●●⚫  ████████
White Paper  ●  Telegram   Facebook   Twitter   Medium   Reddit   Youtube  ●  ANN Thread
sureblinks

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:05:48 PM

we really need to watch it this year.. crypto is another side of income for some persons  so they watch and read the market very well.. i also think this year we will have stable coin..
BrBoy

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:26:07 AM

2018 is more likely a year of unstable coins, because there have already been many cases when quite promising coins could not withstand strong dumps in price and simply collapsed.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: