Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:31:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is 2018 the year of stablecoins?  (Read 940 times)
EvaGC (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:25:48 PM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

What's your opinion on stablecoins?
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 12:41:20 PM

I think we will likely see more Stablecoin project but there is a reason why Tether was so successful because they have Fiat resources to back up their claims, what I see that most of this stable coins are doing is to create a coin from thin air that is not backed by any asset, most of them will surely fail IMO

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Nhebu

Activity: 616
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

There is an advantage and disadvantage of the stability of coins. The advantage of price stability is that the trade or investor will not fear of his capital or money that he put in cryptocurrency wallet. The devaluation of coin also may prevent when the price is stable. But somehow, the disadvantage of price stability is good in a matter that we will not fear for the tomorrow's value of the coin thay we hold. It is an advantage for a trader who really knows about trading and knows how to play the game of trading.
Price stability is really needs by economy to prevent inflation or economic crisis but it helps to boost the economic growth.
isolo1

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 11:18:50 PM

I think we will likely see more Stablecoin project but there is a reason why Tether was so successful because they have Fiat resources to back up their claims, what I see that most of this stable coins are doing is to create a coin from thin air that is not backed by any asset, most of them will surely fail IMO

Tether it is a good idea, but it looks like that this idea has been spoiled by untransparent and unreliable implementation, which doesn't allow to be 100% sure, that the amount of fiat is equal to the amount of Tether and that the exchange of Tether to fiat is 100% guaranteed.

I wonder if there is a better and more reliable stablecoin than Tether and what is the best and the most trustworthy stable coin at the moment.
noloco

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN VERIFIED PRODUCT REVIEWS PLATFORM

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 11:24:54 PM

There is already stable coins in the world, like fiat and bonds, the principles of crypto are others, if markets make hard to connect these assets for sure some cryptos will develop to add liquidity and make a bridge like tether.

isolo1

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

TrueUSD looks reliable. At least, according to the information at it's website it's audited

https://truecoin.com/ 
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:11:31 AM

«Allocating to cryptos may be risky but the risk return has been hugely positive in the last few years. However, the lack of price stability still prevents the wide adoption of cryptocurrencies from several sectors such as institutional money. There are also a set of cases where a stablecoin is required even for a very short period» (read it here: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/bringing-stablecoins-to-the-next-level-357879430b0f)

I think is true! This year is the year of altcoin and token!
Altcoin will grown up!
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:32:54 AM

What fun is it to invest in stable coins?  Cryptocurrencies is about creating fortunes like many already have.  Cryptos are a high risk investment with the possibility of high rewards.  Just don't throw your money at projects without researching, be patient and you'll eventually see profits. 
shandi albert

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

FXPay.io

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:07 AM

The new Altcoin's will continue to emerge in 2018. It is estimated that the number of new altcoins that will emerge this year is more. At that time there were more emerging issues about cryptocurrency that would show price stability.

Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:52:32 AM

yes, Stablecoin is something to be noticed by those who choose crypto as a source of income.

when to choose and invest in the world of crypto, We must know stablecoin well. in the year 2018 I think many altcoin  unstable because correction.

Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:44:06 AM

I believe that in this year the coins will be stable. But until now if we look the chart about all the coins, i got worried because all coins now are still in red. I hope that in the coming mid year the coins will be stable because more projects are come so i'll have to wait and need more time to think if the coins is hot stable or be dead
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:55:59 AM

I think stable coin are just for saving our asset from the dip, there are no reason to investing on that. honestly its better to use or trade it into our local currency for saving our asset. I just didnt find any advantages of using stable coin ATM, but I dont reject that. maybe in the next month or years we will see many other stable coin are birth, or maybe it will be backed by another currency like GBP or EURO.
Mevz

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:57:30 AM

I believe that in this year the coins will be stable. But until now if we look the chart about all the coins, i got worried because all coins now are still in red. I hope that in the coming mid year the coins will be stable because more projects are come so i'll have to wait and need more time to think if the coins is hot stable or be dead

There is no stable coin here in crypto their prices always based on the very first one Bitcoin. Even bitcoin don't do stable so all its alts are affected. Whale traders have the controls of market since the past few years maybe soon things would change when bitcoin is known all over the world all countries will use bitcoin I think it is the time all alts would had a stable market movement.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:06:44 AM

Coin which volatile but tend to rise will still become the best choice. Any way stable coin doesn't profitable. Bitcoin price now is around $10,000 - 11,000 this is good enough. People can earn 10% profit in a day.

rbt

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:10:32 PM

There is no stable coin here in crypto their prices always based on the very first one Bitcoin. Even bitcoin don't do stable so all its alts are affected. Whale traders have the controls of market since the past few years maybe soon things would change when bitcoin is known all over the world all countries will use bitcoin I think it is the time all alts would had a stable market movement.
Of course there are stable coins in crypto, not all the coins are "pegged" to Bitcoin - Tether (USDT) is pegged to US dollar. And this week was launched True USD (TUSD), another coin which is pegged to dollar. Both of them are stable because their entire circulation supply is backed by the same amount of dollars.
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:54:59 PM

Of course there are stable coins in crypto, not all the coins are "pegged" to Bitcoin - Tether (USDT) is pegged to US dollar. And this week was launched True USD (TUSD), another coin which is pegged to dollar. Both of them are stable because their entire circulation supply is backed by the same amount of dollars.

Tether now have EuroTether created on Ethereum platform. They are stable
cause couple exchanges control supply, they are not decentralized, and if you
spent some time reading about them you will see things are not so clear, at least
I have that feeling.
   I do not expect price stability in near future. This is a growing technology,
still in beta faze, there will be a lot of up`s and down`s in the future for all
coins, but who hold in hard times will be rewarded in the end.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:00:17 PM

I personally do not think the market has stabilized. Yes, there are not such big drops and jumps, but market levels are changing every minute and there are 10-15% per day differences. This, I think, is not such a stable market.  Smiley

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
rbt

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:36:04 PM

Tether now have EuroTether created on Ethereum platform. They are stable
cause couple exchanges control supply, they are not decentralized, and if you
spent some time reading about them you will see things are not so clear, at least
I have that feeling.
   I do not expect price stability in near future. This is a growing technology,
still in beta faze, there will be a lot of up`s and down`s in the future for all
coins, but who hold in hard times will be rewarded in the end.
By its nature, the crypto market price won`t be stable anytime soon, that is the main reason for there this so called stable coins - so far, Tether did his job. I agree with you, these coins are not truly decentralized since the dollars which are pegged to are kept by some companies and I`m reluctant to use them. As far as I know, Tether doesn`t released any audit and there was many rumors about them not actually having the total amount of dollars to back up the USDT minted...
Cryptonimous

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

🔵 Brickblock.io - Tokenization platform

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:39:00 PM

i dont think so but let we see, in my opinion it will stable in 2021 that can make bitcoin will be the next payment system in around the world, no condition again, bitcoin will legal in every country, just see it Smiley

Arindava

Activity: 361

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:47:31 PM

this year has been running for 3 months and now altcoin is still stable whether this will last all year, we can not predict what will happen that we will see at the end of the year. Angry
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: