Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:17:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Need Advice] Which would be best to buy? Hasfast or Cointerra  (Read 11534 times)
cointerra

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2013, 01:08:56 PM

Ive emailed cointerra not to long ago to ask about the type/size of PSU's they were using for their 2th/s unit. 

Needless to say, they couldn't give me a solid answer just "we estimate we will be using dual 1100s", but wasnt certain.

I had also asked if the PSU's were server/redundant or standard ATX, if they met 80 gold or above standards.  In the end I got a screen shot of a 1100w psu that could have been grabbed from just about anywhere with none of that information needed.

I am not at all questioning these guy's abilities in what they can do, they are all obviously qualified ENGINEERS. The one thing I do see different with these gents is, none of them have run the entire ship.  Just departments of, which is fine. Though could very well lead to a late arrival. due to the desire of perfection/standard engineers flaw.  Normally that is a great thing, sadly its a slightly different nature with btc.

I hope they deliver, I really do. I like their ideas/ team. 

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in answer. We have indeed chosen our power supply (PSU) supplier and we are equipping our TerraMiner series with power supplies from Power One (http://www.power-one.com). Our decision was based on the need for exceptionally reliable power sources for durability and reliability.

The CoinTerra Team

Are you guys really going to delivery early January?  I really do want test out your system but the difficulty rate is rising too quickly.  It's hard to tell if any miner will even get ROI let alone a profit.  I started using cloud mining which has been fun so far.

Progress continues toward meeting our target ship date. We have completed a mock-tapeout. Final tapeout is imminent and will be announced shortly. Regarding power supplies we build our TerraMiner series to be the most powerful unit on the market, using the very minimum of power and Power One is an essential part in this equation.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:45:43 PM

Ive emailed cointerra not to long ago to ask about the type/size of PSU's they were using for their 2th/s unit. 

Needless to say, they couldn't give me a solid answer just "we estimate we will be using dual 1100s", but wasnt certain.

I had also asked if the PSU's were server/redundant or standard ATX, if they met 80 gold or above standards.  In the end I got a screen shot of a 1100w psu that could have been grabbed from just about anywhere with none of that information needed.

I am not at all questioning these guy's abilities in what they can do, they are all obviously qualified ENGINEERS. The one thing I do see different with these gents is, none of them have run the entire ship.  Just departments of, which is fine. Though could very well lead to a late arrival. due to the desire of perfection/standard engineers flaw.  Normally that is a great thing, sadly its a slightly different nature with btc.

I hope they deliver, I really do. I like their ideas/ team. 

Hello,
Sorry for the delay in answer. We have indeed chosen our power supply (PSU) supplier and we are equipping our TerraMiner series with power supplies from Power One (http://www.power-one.com). Our decision was based on the need for exceptionally reliable power sources for durability and reliability.

The CoinTerra Team

Are you guys really going to delivery early January?  I really do want test out your system but the difficulty rate is rising too quickly.  It's hard to tell if any miner will even get ROI let alone a profit.  I started using cloud mining which has been fun so far.

Progress continues toward meeting our target ship date. We have completed a mock-tapeout. Final tapeout is imminent and will be announced shortly. Regarding power supplies we build our TerraMiner series to be the most powerful unit on the market, using the very minimum of power and Power One is an essential part in this equation.

How many weeks are there in a 'shortly'?

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 02:29:53 AM

Questions to CoinTerra...

With Today's Difficulties bump to 510, $6000 price unit may pay off just under $3,000 = -$3,000 in ROI.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/

If the tapeout is not done yet, any plan of increasing the GH/S Power at the time of the actual shipment?

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
cointerra

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2013, 03:51:39 PM

Hello Forum,
We are proud to announce that we have now reached tape out for the GoldStrike1 ASIC. You can find more information in our press-release at: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11314884.htm and on http://cointerra.com

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:27:30 PM

Anyone buying Cointerra?

I am extremely tempted (gut feeling)...
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:06:38 PM

I do not think they will get there mining equipment out on time. They will be too late and you will newer get your investment back, If i were u i would invest in bitcoin directly.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2013, 03:32:19 AM

Good news, everyone!

https://hashfast.com/silicon-in-silicon-valley/

HashFast Silicon has arrived in Silicon Valley!

Posted on November 8, 2013
    by Amy Woodward   
    in Development, Golden Nonce ASIC, Rig Assembly   

Today we have reached a real milestone:
Silicon Wafers Have Arrived in Silicon Valley!

The silicon wafers have completed fabrication. The silicon is the core of the chip, and the complicated etching process that creates the circuitry on the silicon is finished. Now the process is starting of taking this silicon, with its complete circuits, and packaging it into finished chips. The wafers are now in Silicon Valley, where they will be sliced into individual die, attached to their substrates, and become Golden Nonce chips.

- The HashFast Team

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
manav1112 (OP)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:11:46 PM

If only I ordered the batch 1 backorder hashfast at the time I made the post... It's making like $1000 a week Sad, would have gotten roi pretty fast :/. It's just because of the booming exchange rate
XCoinX

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 03:48:09 PM

Looking at the realistic predictions of BTC difficulty increases I can see that BTC ASIC mining will be a huge gamble for ROI for all entry miners at this point in time at this stage. The ASIC companies cannot keep up or it is not in their interests to do so (to sell upgrades).

Energy price does play a role but if you are going to mine regardless then it should not be a major concern for you if you are already a consumer that uses more energy than average, IMHO. Then you only have to be mining for speculation of rising BTC to $1,000 - $10,000 long term. 2 - 5 years. Of course a lot could happen by this time and another currency may have taken its place (unreal to think of now). The fact remains there are better coins than BTC that are more secure, have protection of 51% vulnerability and faster transaction time. But this also depends on how fast people are on the uptake of this knowledge and BTC may well win because we know the best does not always win but the most popular and liquid one will be used and as a result hold more value with more demand. Having said this the alt coins will follow eventually but they will lag behind. Just a prediction in my opinion and I could well be wrong. Many things can happen that do and have affect prices, just as they do with Forex and Stock markets with geopolitics, only with Crypt currencies the fundamentals vary slightly in the way they influence the market.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/e9004f2169
http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/a/c1b816e7f5

If you got your machine earlier than New Year - 2014 you will be better off otherwise you will likely make a loss mining - so can keep mining for speculative purposes until difficulty increases make this undesirable. IMO, the get rich quick days for early adopters of BTC mining is over unless a tech company can far more out perform current ASIC technologies - lower costs. Of course it is meant to be this way inherently so no single central entity can amass a majority share. Perhaps trading is better to earn a ROI from, I think you will find it is.

Good luck everyone! Even the most ethical (I use the term loosely for want of a better name = opportunists?) ASIC companies that allow escrow payments and have insurance against difficulty increases will not likely net you a profit.
Tayc34

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 06:15:15 AM

On November 8th, less than a week ago, I placed an order with Cointerra for 4 Terraminer IVs at $6k a pop. I will be receiving the February batch. I've done a lot of speculative calculations and determined that my ROI will ocure. Even with difficulty at 3 billion and btc price at <$300 I figure I stand to make a good profit. Of course I wish I would have listened to my friend and started mining when box was worth $.30, but I don't feel it's too late, even with a huge influx of mining power being introduced over the next few months. Then again, if my investment turns out to be a bad one, I'm prepared for the loss.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 07:47:00 AM

The main problem with these ASIC company is they tend to delay their delivery... So don't both anything from both of them...
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 02:14:29 PM

At first I was going to tell you hashfast, but after seeing them delay again I have no idea....
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 03:37:34 PM

KNCminer should be your best bet...
hjlow

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:50:33 PM

aren't they sold out?
whitemage

Activity: 214

View Profile
November 17, 2013, 10:40:19 AM

aren't they sold out?

Yup, looks like we got no choice but to preorder from cointerra or hashfast....

HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:11:56 AM

At first I was going to tell you hashfast, but after seeing them delay again I have no idea....

New customers buying currently availabe hardware are not affected by the recent clarification of Batch 1/2 shipping dates.

HashFast has chips in hand and is working with two independent design firms to complete a suitable substrate ASAP.

Substrate design, like chip design/NRE/tape-out, is a one time ordeal/expense (unless your design is flawed  Wink).

Customers buying HashFast hardware now will in no way be (negatively) affected by the current race to complete the substrate.

Best,

-HF_CL

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
waltermot321

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:45:04 PM

New customers buying currently availabe hardware are not affected by the recent clarification of Batch 1/2 shipping dates.

HashFast has chips in hand and is working with two independent design firms to complete a suitable substrate ASAP.

Substrate design, like chip design/NRE/tape-out, is a one time ordeal/expense (unless your design is flawed  Wink).

Customers buying HashFast hardware now will in no way be (negatively) affected by the current race to complete the substrate.

Best,

-HF_CL

Will there be any compensation for those that pre-ordered batch 1/2 babyhash without the miners protection program?

hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 12:15:28 AM

Buy from KNCminer.. thats the best...

HashFast_CL

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 02:04:08 AM

Best,

-HF_CL

Will there be any compensation for those that pre-ordered batch 1/2 babyhash without the miners protection program?

All Batch 1 BabyJets include MPP.  We initialized the MPP early (Oct 31) to make up for the time lost.

dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:54:04 AM

All Batch 1 BabyJets include MPP.  We initialized the MPP early (Oct 31) to make up for the time lost.

Can you clarify what does "initialized the MPP early" mean?

Doesn't that effectively just get you off the hook to deliver 4x the amount of GHS?

As things are looking right now, by starting MPP on October 31'st, you'll just have to deliver 800ghs per BabyJet, instead of the 1600ghs that it would otherwise take based on the actual delivery.

Unless you still plan to deliver 1600ghs per BabyJet, but deliver it on October 31'st + 90 days.  That would be most awesome.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: