Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:20:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FPGA miner for altcoin  (Read 4167 times)
igotek

Activity: 2044
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 09:53:42 PM

i have custom FPGA usb
i need miner for altcoins.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aarigs

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:59:07 PM

I'm also looking for altcoin miner, any progress? xilinx kit
oxygensignature0

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:16:53 AM

I'm also working on this and will shortly be releasing free bitstreams with a 4% mining fee, supporting Xilinx VCU1525, Bittware XUPP3R, and Avnet KU040.  ROI is around 90-200 days depending on the algorithm.  I have constructed a GPU-style rig with 8 x VCU1525, I will post some pictures soon.

very interesting .
It is very demanding for programming.
How much the power consumption?
Did they take 5x advantage compared to GTX 1080 ?

Hi, which algos are avaiable for Avnet KU040?
oxygensignature0

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:24:30 AM

I'm also working on this and will shortly be releasing free bitstreams with a 4% mining fee, supporting Xilinx VCU1525, Bittware XUPP3R, and Avnet KU040.  ROI is around 90-200 days depending on the algorithm.  I have constructed a GPU-style rig with 8 x VCU1525, I will post some pictures soon.

Hi! have you released the bitstreams?

regards!

arm_race (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 9

Contact dev@agilmine.com for our FPGA miner info!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 12:20:58 PM

Hi guys, we don't make or release bitstream files for other platforms.
we are trying to build our own FPGA HW platform with mining bitstream. please see my other post for latest progress update. thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4493669.0

Agilmine Altcoin FPGA Miner (dev@agilmine.com)
Discord: https://discord.gg/R36gzXM
Mailist Product Update: http://eepurl.com/dMfjhQ
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:32:24 AM

If later on FPGA mining happens, it will be a nightmare for GPU and ASIC miners. Because the price is more cheap and anybody can buy and high hashrate. Not to mention has now begin to be developed for mine all altcoin algorithm. I am waiting to happen soon.
OGArcher

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 05:29:31 AM

There are already a handful of people mining altcoins with fpga´s, and they are getting insane hashrates. Only downside is that they don´t release their bitstreams to the public.
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 12:20:58 PM

If later on FPGA mining happens, it will be a nightmare for GPU and ASIC miners. Because the price is more cheap and anybody can buy and high hashrate. Not to mention has now begin to be developed for mine all altcoin algorithm. I am waiting to happen soon.

No, FPGAs are several times more expensive than ASICs for the same computational power; their only advantage over ASICs is that they can be reprogrammed (within limits) if a coin forks. They are not nearly as flexible in this regard as GPUs, however. You can sort of think of FPGA miners as halfway between the flexibility of a GPU and the high efficiency of an ASIC.

realaccountakira

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:16:35 PM

No, FPGAs are several times more expensive than ASICs for the same computational power; their only advantage over ASICs is that they can be reprogrammed (within limits) if a coin forks. They are not nearly as flexible in this regard as GPUs, however. You can sort of think of FPGA miners as halfway between the flexibility of a GPU and the high efficiency of an ASIC.

While this is true for now, it may not be for long. With all the individuals and companies now investing on FPGA development, I wouldn't be surprised if we soon see the price of profitable FPGAs diluted down to the cost of GPUs. It is part of the inevitable evolution of technology.

Exciting to imagine we will soon have badass looking mining rigs instead of the toy-like GPUs which were designed for young gamers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:29:02 PM

There are already a handful of people mining altcoins with fpga´s, and they are getting insane hashrates. Only downside is that they don´t release their bitstreams to the public.
Why should they release their bitstreams to the public ? They become nothing for it !
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:15:31 PM

Why should they release their bitstreams to the public ? They become nothing for it !
Psst... "become" doesn't mean bekommen.

They do receive something. A nice and beefy dev fee. Look at the total ETH hashpower for example, assume 80% of it is mined using Claymore's miner and take 2% thereof (his fee).

Do the math.
R0land

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:36:18 PM

They do receive something. A nice and beefy dev fee. Look at the total ETH hashpower for example, assume 80% of it is mined using Claymore's miner and take 2% thereof (his fee).

Do the math.
Claymore doesn´t build the algorithm´s, he only made a front end and small improvements.

In case of monero / cryptonight, the algo was build by w0lf.
Claymore only use the algo from w0lf, and receive so much. w0lf only receice the bounty for this job.

Let me calculate  Huh no bounty ... nothing for the bitstream-dev.
_oh_no_stop_this_

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 06:11:41 AM

So. Is the miner ready yet to try?
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 09:47:59 AM

Claymore doesn´t build the algorithm´s, he only made a front end and small improvements.

Claymore only use the algo from w0lf, and receive so much. w0lf only receice the bounty for this job.

Let me calculate  Huh no bounty ... nothing for the bitstream-dev.

Any truth to this? I'd appreciate if you could post a reference link maybe to show maybe how this happened?

This is why dev fees are now preferred over the bounty and one-time fixed costs. Look at all the mining software out there, the best ones are those that have a small dev fee embedded in them. Without dev fees, developers are less motivated to work on improving the software.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
R0land

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 02:36:26 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2018, 03:17:19 PM by R0land

Let me calculate  Huh no bounty ... nothing for the bitstream-dev.

Any truth to this? I'd appreciate if you could post a reference link maybe to show maybe how this happened?

This is why dev fees are now preferred over the bounty and one-time fixed costs. Look at all the mining software out there, the best ones are those that have a small dev fee embedded in them. Without dev fees, developers are less motivated to work on improving the software.
https://forum.getmonero.org/7/open-tasks/2400/open-source-amd-miner-by-wolf0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656841.0
He receive 7550 XMR for the job.
XMRStack, SRBMiner, GateLessGate... all are using his opencl-code...and w0lf get no dev-fee.
The software on the PC is controlling the FPGA and the dev-fee. The bitstream on the FPGA only do the algo.

I would burn the encryted algo on an FPGA for an one-off payment ... maybe  Wink.
Or maybe i will sell the cards with the included algo  Grin.
_oh_no_stop_this_

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:15:37 PM

Can someone here explain to me, is it better to use FPGA-based board for altcoin mining or something based on Tegra X1 chips?
Link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-x1-processor.html

The reason I am asking is because I was thinking about ETH miner based on FPGA chips, but then thought that memory issue they got (which makes them kinda asic proof) can be solved better if memory is placed within the same chip where all processing power is located.
There is OpenGL support for these chips, which makes the job easier.
1 teraflop is not much though, but then you have faster performing memory.
R0land

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 09:30:27 PM

Can someone here explain to me, is it better to use FPGA-based board for altcoin mining or something based on Tegra X1 chips?
Link: http://www.nvidia.com/object/tegra-x1-processor.html

The reason I am asking is because I was thinking about ETH miner based on FPGA chips, but then thought that memory issue they got (which makes them kinda asic proof) can be solved better if memory is placed within the same chip where all processing power is located.
There is OpenGL support for these chips, which makes the job easier.
1 teraflop is not much though, but then you have faster performing memory.

Little SOCs like the Tegra X1, are all memory bandwidth limited, so you can never get optimal use out of all the cores at once. You get out only 30 h/s cryptonight (I don´t know the ethash speed).
FPGA´s are better, if you have the right environment.
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:13:17 PM

Do the math.

Bitstreams don't work that way.  Right now there is no way to capture a developer fee, since software on the PC still has to talk to the FPGA to connect the hashpower to a pool.  Given all the folks who will happily recompile and distribute mining programs after disabling the fee to the unwashed masses, there is no upside.  Someone will 'improve' the miner and remove the dev fee, and once the bitstream is out, there is no way to fix that.

The Allmine shell will fix that, so developers can release encrypted streams and capture a fee off of the hashrate, but today, as it exists, nobody in their right mind would do it.  Until then, FPGA's will mine in big farms where they can pay for the development costs.

_oh_no_stop_this_

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:44:11 AM

Little SOCs like the Tegra X1, are all memory bandwidth limited, so you can never get optimal use out of all the cores at once. You get out only 30 h/s cryptonight (I don´t know the ethash speed).
FPGA´s are better, if you have the right environment.

Thank you!
Which algorithm would you target first with FPGA-based miner?
It can surely be ethash and such.
mintminty590

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 01:22:23 PM

I was interested in this subject , coming from a hardware side of engineering and not software I did want to learn how to write bitstreams for these as I have a few developer boards lying around.

My issue was I did not have a starting point to piece together the required information. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Can you not use the C code from example source files for miners, as this contains the logic for the algo.

CHeers
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: